The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brick By Brick

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MrNiceGuy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 20, 2019
Hey guys, I've been lurking these forums for quite a while and after re-reading both the books I think it's about time I started a progress thread. I'd like to share my journey going forward with everyone and use this thread for accountability and self-reflection.

Background
24 yr old male from Canada
So I started questioning societies script from a young age, I was about 14-15 when I really noticed how the system has been setup.When all your teachers, guidance counselors, parents and friends are balls deep in the slowlane, talking about things like wanting to have success in business, or escaping the rat race is something that would get laughed at and frowned upon. They make you feel as if you've lost at life if you don't fit that cookie cutter image of get good grades, a degree and a safe corporate job. Anyways I hope this Thread one day becomes a inspiration for others and shows them what is possible with extreme focus, execution and a fastlane mentality.

Work/business experience

No degree or diploma, dropped out of college after one month once I realized that path will never allow me to reach my goals and dreams.

I've always had side hustles going on,at about 16 i started selling weed which supported me for many years, i don't regret this at all ,it taught me how to be street smart along with some simple business principles. I've attempted more ventures then I can remember over the last 8 years. some were semi successful (2-3grand a month) while others i lost a bunch of money on. Windowcleaning, snowremoval(x2), multilevel marketing, Growing weed, landscapin/ lawncare, D2D sales,Bitcoin mining,dropshipping, commission based sales, trading penny stocks, Lead gen etc. I've also had a fair amount of jobs in between those attempts. Everything from hard labour on construction sites, selling criminal record pardons, cleaning nightclubs, a few factory/warehouse jobs, delivery jobs, unloading 53' foot containers by hand. I've experienced alot in the last 8 years but at the end of the day I'm still broke AF.

I believe i've been getting in the way of my own success, For many reasons. But this will go on no longer. I also think having no community or anyone to discuss my dreams and plans with have made me put my breaks on. I guess that's why i'm here. I Don't know anyone with a fastlane way of thinking outside of this forum. Some days it feels like i'm walking around in a zombie apocalypse or something. Most of my friends even the ones with degrees are working dead end jobs, walmart, waiting tables. No plans of the future or self-reflection/ critical thinking. just repeat the same thing day in and out. 5 days for 2. I will not suffer the same fate.

I've been in a negative state the last few months after my last failure, But i've snapped out of it and am ready to get back into action, I'll be posting my plans and actions i've taken on here.I'll also try to record my income every week from everything i'm doing as it'll be interesting to see the process a few years down the road.

My end goal is financial freedom, enough money to do what i want, live where i want and spend my time how i want, but most importantly it's to take care of my mom, make sure she doesn't have to work a day in her life again and give her all the benefits financial freedom has to offer.
I feel a sense of urgency like i've never felt before and I will do everything I can to channel that into tangible results.

Currently i've been supporting myself by delivering food for ubereats, Doing sidework(hvac) , some retail arbitrage,and snowremoval (running ads, paying kids to shovel driveways and splitting it 50/50).i make anywhere from 300-900 a week depending on how much I hustle. I refuse to get a regular 9-5 I believe that it would slowly but surely kill my dreams like it has for many others.

I'm moving out of my apartment at the end of the week and moving back with my pops. It sucks to move back once you've been on your own for a while, but this will drastically cut my expenses by like 80% . Which will allow me to save more capital and fully focus on my plan.

So moving forward I will be Hustling as much as possible to save some capital for my future ventures. I'm not deadset on any one venture yet but i'll let everyone know when i figure it out. I also have a friend that needs help marketing his business, he'll be giving me a cut of every job I get him so I plan to Run some ads for him. I've been getting into trading options the past few months aswell, have been papertrading but plan on throwing in a few hundread and see how it goes.

Another one of my goals is to purchase a investment property by this summer. Here in canada you can get a home for 5% down (have to live in it for one year before renting out). Looking at properties in the 150k-200k range. it will specifically be for students, renting out each room for 500 a pop and i'll "live" in one room for the first year. I've talked to a few investors that own student rentals and the numbers check out. you can get a property with $1000 month cashflow for 5-10k down if you do it right. Although I have shit credit and barely any verifiable income I feel very confident i can get a deal done in this area. Found a few potential partners / investors i'm in talks with atm.

Also Been looking at purchasing a small shopify store thats making somewhere between 500-1500 a month. Have talked to a few sellers and their are some crazy deals you can find. like under 0.5x ebitda. I met a guy a few months back that got his return on investment from a shopify store he purchased in 70 days, now it's cashflowing about 2500 a month, I'll have to look more into this, i've had shopify stores in the past that barley made any sales because the products were crap and added no value to peoples lives.

I have enough on my plate I don't want it to seem like i have "shiny object syndrome" hopping from one thing to the other like i've done in the past. I'll be focusing on providing value to others and on the process that's behind the event.

So that's it, I'll update this as much as I can and hopefully in a few weeks i'll have a solid plan on what fastlane model ill be most focused on...Brick by Brick i'm going to build my empire and help a shit load of people in the process , Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Welcome to the tribe!

From what you described, you've already taken action on a bunch of things--that's great! And it sounds like you've done a lot of hustling (not action faking).

And having a "why" of helping your mom is great--fuel for your engine.

So what's your next step(s)? What specific things will you do by the end of this week?

MrNiceGuy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 20, 2019
Welcome to the tribe!

From what you described, you've already taken action on a bunch of things--that's great! And it sounds like you've done a lot of hustling (not action faking).

And having a "why" of helping your mom is great--fuel for your engine.

So what's your next step(s)? What specific things will you do by the end of this week?

Thanks for the warm welcome!
So Right now i'm working on getting a rough marketing campaign setup for a friends business, just need to get the website up to move forward. Plan on having at least some type of ads going by the end of the week.

Also will be cold calling painting companies this weekend, trying to find a company that is willing to cut me a piece of commission for every paying customer i get them. I've done this before with minor success but changed to the next shiny object before I could really get the ball rolling.I Figure this is a good way to start providing value to people without asking for anything in return really. I'll be putting up my own marketing dollars,I don't mind losing a few hundred bucks to get a feel if my idea will work and be profitable. I'm excited to start cold calling once again, something about picking up the phone and trying to close a stranger is exciting to me, that moment right before you call where your mind comes up with every excuse in the book not to do it and you finally push through to realize that it's no big deal and is all in your head. kind of like the moment before cold approaching a cute girl or sneaking into a music festival. I get a weird sense of confidence from successfully having a conversation with a complete stranger . Might write up a rough script but it's not really needed as i'm not asking for money upfront.

Have made about 340 trading time for money these last 2 days, will put all income to good use from now on. it's a good feeling not having 2grand+ a month in expenses to worry about anymore. my expense are around 400/mo Atm.

Also will be funding a trading account with a couple hundred bucks, Will start small with just single contract positions. I've been papertrading and have a solid grasp but it's not the same as trading with real money.I plan on having strict risk/bankroll management, will let you guys know how it goes once I start. It's not fastlane and I'm not looking for the event of hitting it big ,just trying to create another stream of income for myself , whether it's 20 bucks a week or a thousand doesn't matter i'm just trying to learn much as possible and try out different strategies. This is something i see myself doing 10-20 years down the road. Once i have free time and a fastlane business producing income for me.
I'll try to go longer on the expiry dates and avoid any degenerate weekly plays but no promises.

Also have some stuff i'm sending in to amazon Fba, I Picked up a bunch of books and some old records for free from some lady that was moving.A few of the records are going for $50+ on amazon. Will be sending in the ones i think might sell along with a bunch of old video games and shit around the house i never use. Learned to print my own labels last night for products so that's a plus.

Will keep updating as I start to take some real action that actually moves the dial

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum. Be wary, the shiny object. It can be as dangerous as action faking.

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
hey guys it's me mrniceguy, I couldn't figure out my login so I made a new account

It's been almost a year since i posted my intro, wish i could say i've made it but i'm still broke and far from my goals ,but the dream is alive and well!

2019 was filled with many ups and downs, I travelled to europe and thailand, I found paradise on this little island in thailand called koh tao, my dream would be to live there half the year and spend the other half travelling the world/ visiting home.

So i made a decent chunk of change trading options, mostly vertical spreads and selling covered calls + a few yolo's. i cashed out everything and paid off all my debts

Ended up in a state of action faking for half the year, went through depression, addictions, messy relationship, etc. I lost sight of my vision and no longer had a plan for my future. I believe when you are not working on your dream it leads to a life of unhappiness and depression.

so pretty much I got fed up with myself and my life. December came around and I realised I could never change in my current environment. So there I was sitting in my little basement apartment room,feeling trapped, no income and a few grand to my name. I guess i had some sort of epiphany or FTE. I knew something needed to change. so I said F*ck it, left everything behind and bought a one way ticket to the other side of the world.

Brisbane Australia
I arrived in brisbane about 3 weeks ago with nothing but $1100 , a $2500 credit card and a Dream.
i've secured a Door to door sales job paying 750 a week + commission and also another job installing air conditions on the weekend for $20hr cash. this should be enough to keep my afloat for a while.

I'm in full control of my destiny now. I love the weather and the sunshine here. Makes me think what the hell i was doing in Canada. The darkness and the cold had a bigger affect on my mood/attitude/emotions then i thought.

I've realised no matter where you are in the world their will always be distractions and things pulling you from your goals. These past few weeks have been great, went out to the gold coast spent 3 days learning how to surf. I partied a lot meeting people from all around the world, even had fun with a few girls. But none of this correlates with my goals. so it's time to focus and start pursuing my dream.

I'm currently living out of a hostel paying 130 a week. It's not bad at all and a very cool environment/community of people but i know i need to be solo to really focus and make this happen so i'm looking for my own room in a shared house where i can just get into a solid routine and focus everyday.

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
My vision/ dream life
I'm going to write out my vision for my future/ dream life. i just want to put this out in the world for myself, don't really care if anyone is reading it or not. I know I will achieve it one day if i just focus on the process.

THE UNSCRIPTED DREAM
Making 10k+ a month online income (location Independent).
100k+ in bank account/savings/networth
$2500 month passive income from dividends/ covered calls/ realestate
Living half a year in paradise somewhere tropical, spend the other half travelling and visiting home
Help my mom pay her expenses for life
help family/friends/strangers achieve freedom and happiness
Addiction Free, healthy fasting focused lifestyle and body of a greek god

that's pretty much it, don't get me wrong i would love a mansion and a lambo, Which will probably come one day but that doesn't mean shit to me. Having the freedom to do whatever i wish with my life while helping others is my end goal. all that material stuff is just bs at the end of the day.

my plan is to save up enough to start trading again,create a online education business/course teaching people about option trading and all the opportunities available once you understand the concepts. everything from covered calls for income to risky 0DTE plays. also sell some type of monthly subscription service but haven't figured that out yet.

so i guess if i were to break down everything into steps of what i need to do it would like like this.
1. master door to door sales so im making 1500+ a week. (top earners are making around 2500)
2. get my own room in a shared house or studio apartment (roughly 600-1200 a month)
3. get decent computer for trading + multiple monitors setup
4. fund trading account start trading again at night (time difference)
5. hit minimum $1000+ weekly in profits from vertical spreads/ trading naked.
5. create a value providing online video course (going to be roughly 100 videos i've already outlined)
6. create a website/ social media brand and start selling my offer.

So to turn my dreams into reality i need to hit 10k+a month from these streams
1. trading options/ spread trading
2. course sales
3. monthly subscriptions
4. 1on1 teaching
5. dividends/covered calls

If i accomplish this consistently i will be living the dream life.
i'll try to keep you guys updated as much as i can. currently lying in a hostel bed sick as hell. Hopefully this isn't coronavirus, as i was in china 3 weeks ago :s not to worried tho, a little virus can't stop me.

Last edited:

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
Hey guys just a little update, I got my own place for 200/ week! it's nice finally having my own pad now i can really get my own routine dialed in. I started a new campaign with this door to door job so i'll be keeping track of my progress as I develop my sales skills. I believe door to door is one of the best ways to learn sales, if i can master selling cold door to door sales it will open a lot more opportunities in my life.

Also my trading setup is almost complete will be funding my brokerage account with a small amount to get back into the game i'll keep track weekly with my progress and let you guys know if i blow the account. rough part is markets open at 12:30 am here so i'll have a whacked out sleep schedule but no biggie, whatever it takes.

Door 2 Door Sales
Day 1
Doors knocked - 50-60
Full Pitches-12
Sales-0

so I got a copy of jordan belforts straight line persuasion system a while back, been going through it and trying to create a rough script that utilises his strategy. Once i get good I know i'll be closing enough to make a decent living and support my future ventures. came very close to 3 sales today but fumbled the close every time. will practice until perfected.
need approx 3.5 sales a day to hit 1500 a week and theirs guys making 6-7 a day so i think it's really realistic to hit this within a month. My work visa expires in 11 months so that's the deadline on most of my goals.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Hey thanks for the post, resonate with alot of what you said. You definitely hustle I give it to you. Try transitioning into something that starts with value and goes from there, alot of what you've done already is more hustle and money making. Not a criticism just advice, Im gonna follow along :thumbsup:

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
Hey thanks for the post, resonate with alot of what you said. You definitely hustle I give it to you. Try transitioning into something that starts with value and goes from there, alot of what you've done already is more hustle and money making. Not a criticism just advice, Im gonna follow along :thumbsup:

hey thanks for the reply!
yea your right,most of what i've done doesn't fit the cents criteria. It's always been to pay the bills and keep afloat, that's why my goal is to create a value providing course teaching people about the markets and income based strategies using options and such. all though i'm no where near an expert level. I believe I can still provide value to someone somewhere.

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
another quick update made my first 2 sales today,it's a great motivation to keep pushing.
my goal is 20 sales a week which will get me to a six figure/yr income (Australian dollar)

Door 2 Door Sales
Day 2
Doors knocked - 60
Full Pitches-14
Sales-2!
I find my pitch going a lot smoother now,I can hold conversations longer and feel a lot more relaxed when pitching them. the straight line persuasion system is making a lot more sense now. once i master the art of looping and perfect my close i should be making 20+ sales a week. so we'll see how it goes. I find one of my problems is i'll get really excited and deep into a idea and a few months later give up and move onto something else. This time i'm sticking it through until the end.

Also just sent a 900$ transfer to my interactive brokers account and will start trading with it when i have the time. Mainly focusing on scalp trading equity options.I'm only watching and trading about 4-5 names which will help get my system down hopefully.
I managed to get my hands on one of smb capitals courses and am going through it for a second time taking notes. So i'd like to spend at least 2 hours a day watching the tape on these big names looking for opportunities. will most likely papertrade until comfortable and start with 1 contract positions, i'll keep you guys updated.

anyways i'm going to go over my pitch for a few hours like a mad man and call it a night

Last edited:

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
quick daily update guys
door 2 door sales
Doors knocked - 40-50 ( will stop keeping track of this but on average i'm hitting 50-100 a day)
Full Pitches-13ish
Sales-3!

starting to feel the momentum build. I've realised once you just start to have fun with it everything becomes a lot more simpler. The structure is pretty simple i'll break it down.
1. rapport build- anything to get the conversation going i'll expand on this one day but this is still one of my sticking points.
2. Intro, reason i'm here
3. pitch, go through the pitch with simple qualifying questions to get them to keep saying yes
4. Close, also one of my sticking points is transitioning into the close smoothly
5. objection handling while filling in the form/ keeping rapport

need to work on how to transition and loop back smoothly
lot's of things to work on but at least i'm making some progress .

now in terms of my fast lane business venture i have started making my video course, making basic videos like how to read candle sticks and mapping out basic support / resistance levels
still waiting on that 900$ to hit my brokerage account should be able to start trading again on monday very excited to begin!
it's a weird feeling being on the other side of the world from everyone I know .it has it's ups and downs but now i understand why only a few ever make it to the good life. not many are willing to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve success

For all those out there that are also chasing freedom and the dream feel free to message me
I could always use more friends with a fast lane mentality.

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
hey guys another update for friday

Full Pitches-14
Sales-1

slipped up real hard could of made 5-6 sales but my close and rapport building was mad weak.
going to just repeat it in the mirror 100 times focused on tonality and body language.

the money finally hit my InteractiveBrokers account so i will start trading again on monday with $800. i'll keep you guys updated

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
hey guys not much to update just sitting here restructuring my pitch for this week, listening to a bunch of jordan belfort trying to perfect my looping strategy. their is only about 5-6 objections we get on a regular basis so just figuring out how to loop back and reclose them. very excited for this week to kick off.

goals for the week
20 sales & profitable week trading solid setups.

I decided to put my fastlane business venture on the back burner for a bit as i'm still pretty much broke. will focus on sales and making good trades. Putting all my extra money towards my money system. which I decided will be a long term portfolio that pays monthly dividends + i'll be selling monthly/weekly covered calls against my holdings for additional income. main goal with this is to have a proven concept where I can return a few percent a month.

so plan for the next month is primarily mastering sales, scalping options when I see opportunities and putting all money into a longterm portfolio.
i will continue to make my video course in spare time but for now i'm focused on getting some capital saved up, i'm done with being broke.

on a personal note i've been living in a empty share house for 220 a week, have the whole place to myself which has been awesome but a little lonely. getting new roommates this week, I think they are all females so it will be interesting, hopefully i don't get to distracted!

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
I'm going to start doing weekly recaps every sunday to keep track of my income and make sure i'm moving forward

Total sales for week: 6
Commissions generated: $430
Trading Profits: $0
Money system income:$0

i'm not going to go into exactly what i'm selling just yet but it's subscription based. Anywhere between $30-100 monthly. Also I have made 10% body fat one of my goals over the next 6 months, currently around 18% i would guess. will be fasting/working out/ eating healthy to attain this.

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
hey fam, here for another update, ended up taking monday off cause i found a opportunity to buy a car for a really good deal.I put it on my credit card so now i finally have a way to get around the city which feels great!

also had a great day door knocking! all that practice and revising my pitch is starting to pay off.

Doors knocked - 50ish
Full Pitches-10
Sales-4!

Feel great about today that's like $340 in commissions. great way to start my week off. can't wait to see what numbers i'm putting up when I master this. Also the market was closed yesterday so i'll begin my trading tonight if my level2/ market data subscriptions get activated. Will spend a few hours tonight on pitch practice and the rest on studying charts mapping out basic levels. Cheers!

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
hey guys a little update, had a rough couple weeks. got kicked out of my place for throwing a smallish party. Ended up quitting my job and driving down to byron bay then sydney, hated sydney so decided to go do some farm work, still hunting for a job but i'm almost broke. I'm sleeping in hostels and my car most nights, getting pretty rough out here but i'll power through. will update when I can, for now i'm just applying to a bunch of places looking to work full-time and get some cashflow going.

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
Hey guys time for another update . Ended up flying home to Canada because of this whole corona situation/family issues. The government has been sending me 2 grand a month that i've been putting toward my money system.I also got my first client from a kijiji ad! I charged him $300 with a money back guarantee. I Taught him about the markets/ how options work. spent 6 hours with him, showed him how covered calls/cash secured puts work and created a longass pdf explaining vertical spreads/butterflys and a bunch of different strategies . He seemed very happy and even made a bit of money this month from some cash secured puts. I was stuck with the limiting belief that I can't provide enough value to get paid by a stranger. I never want to sell a product / service where perceived value doesn't equal actual value. Offering a money back guarantee got me over that hump. not sure where I should go from here I got a bunch of ideas banging around in my head.

i'm up about $4000 for the month from option trading. i've been studying the markets all day everyday. Still alot to learn, working on becoming consistently profitable.
Focused on keeping expenses very low around 1000 a month at the moment. living off ramen noodles and water.

my goals this year are still the same.
1.100k net worth
2. 10k month online income
3. 2500 passive income

will give another update at the end of the month. Cheers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.