The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Sparky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Aug 28, 2007
London
I've got a stack of books by my bed that I'm working through:

Awaken the Giant Within
- Tony Robbins (read it before, but recently started reading it again).

An Introduction to Psychology (can't remember by whom, but its the university type handbooks, so it often succeeds in putting me asleep - the theory bits that is).

How life imitates chess - Gary Kasparov (I'm about halfway through this one - was wondering how to become great in chess/life, and this book seemed like a fit).

Successfull Interpersonal Communication - Another handbook (still to start reading it).

How to have kick-a$$ ideas - Chris Barez-Brown. (I'm about 75% through this book, and so far I think it is a great book. It has great exercises, lots of pictures/drawing that makes it an easy read, and is immensely useful in coming up with creative ideas to make the most of your opportunities (a rephrase from 'problems' :)).

Your idea can make you rich - Its from the guys who run the Dragon's Den. So far I'm not really impressed as it feels like the 'same-old' entrepreneur advice in a million other books, but I'm not done reading it completely yet, so I might still change my opinion.

The Complete Guide to Flipping Properties - Steve Burgess (I'm still to start reading this one though - I bought it thinking it would be specific to the UK market, but it isnt, so I'll read it further into the future).

Thats it for my currently reading/unread stack next to my bed.

What are you reading?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Currently reading - Succeed on Your Own Terms - by Herb Greenberg and Patrick Sweeney - only 50 pages into it but finding this book very inspiring and motivational.

Recently finished The Science of Getting Rich - by Wallace D. Wattles (2nd or 3rd read), The Millionaire Maker - by Loral Langemeier and, of course, Harry Potter! :)

Next in line.... Grow Rich with the Property Cycle - by Kieran Trass (have read this one before but time for a refresh - great perspective and would have good insight on the changes going on in today's market)

Analyzer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Aug 31, 2007
Portugal, Europe
Reading three books right now:

The Birth of Plenty : How the Prosperity of the Modern World was Created by William Bernstein
Gold and Iron by Fritz Stern
and
Spook Country by William Gibson
First two might be considered business related, third one not even close ;)

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Thanks for the link! He'll be in my neck of the woods in October.

All of his books are fastlane material. I plan on reading all of his books in the "Instant Success" series.

Speed added ++

:seeya: Thanks! Glad I could provide value!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Nothing Down for the 2000's by Steve Allen.

Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins. (again! I read this one all the time!)

The Secret by ?

Sales Dogs by RD advisor.

I never get tired of learning!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Plug Your Book, Steve Weber
Writing Non-Fiction, Dan Poynter
Self-Publishing Manual, Dan Poynter
Four Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss (Attempting to decipher if its slowlane, or fastlane.)

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
The Pre-foreclosure Real Estate Handbook, Frankie Orlando. I don't know how good the book is, but I do know it is teaching me tons of things I didn't know.

Dictionary of Real Estate Terms, (Barrons). Laugh if you may, but everyone starts somewhere. Everytime I come across a term I don't know, I am looking it up on here. I am wearing the cover off it right now.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Four Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss (Attempting to decipher if its slowlane, or fastlane.)

I just picked it up too, and I'm not sure he's all that concerned with fastlane systems as much as he is time systems. I think he would be happy on a lot less than he actually makes as long as he could do the things he wants to do.

I just started it so my observation may be premature, but that's my impression so far. And dude seems to be time rich by the way he spends it.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Currently reading many books from RDPD. I usually have two books being read and 2-3 that I have on MP3 to listen to over and over on my way to and from my J.O.B.:
Realestate Advantages
ABC's to Realestate
Who took my Money
Cash Flow Quadrant
Guide to Investing

That is the end of August and first two weeks of September list. I'm not sure what will be next.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I am guilty of not having a lot of time set aside for reading, but I do have the following books nearby that I read when I can:

The Landlord's Troubleshooter - A friend let me borrow this. Not bad, but seems to contain about the same information that most other Landlord type of books have.

Retire Young, Retire Rich (Kiyosaki) - I've read this book from beginning to end about 5 times, and have skimmed through it another 10-15. It seems every time I read a page or two I find another nugget of information buried in the words.

The Millionaire Real Estate Investor (Keller) - The real estate investor's bible, if you ask me. Like RYRR above, I have read and skimmed through it multiple times and still find it a valuable tool for my real estate venture.

-- Steve

xboxundone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 4, 2007
currently reading - The Tipping point by Malcom Gladwell "how little things can make a big difference"

So far i really like it... talks aobut fads, diseases etc.. and how everything has a tipping point somewhere... and even for a business there is a point you can reach that your business will tip to succeed or fail or just be meger.

xboxundone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 4, 2007
I just picked it up too, and I'm not sure he's all that concerned with fastlane systems as much as he is time systems. I think he would be happy on a lot less than he actually makes as long as he could do the things he wants to do.

I just started it so my observation may be premature, but that's my impression so far. And dude seems to be time rich by the way he spends it.

I just posted a brief review about the book in this section. I thought it was a good read. makes you think outside the box. and i think it does apply to fastlane overall but the book is more geared towards someone getting out on there own and away from working for the man and having more free time to do what you want.

Satpoint

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 15, 2007
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sales-Dogs-Attack-Successful-Advisors/dp/0446678333"]Amazon.com: Sales Dogs : You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales (Rich Dad's Advisors series): Books: Blair Singer,Robert T. Kiyosaki[/ame]

Interesting read so far....

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
The Millionaire Mind - Thomas Stanley - Very informative. States most are self-made entrepreneurs (go figure) and middle of the pack college graduates. Also, focuses on multi-millionaires instead of the "save your pennies next door millionaires".

Animal Farm - George Orwell - Next read. Should be fun and easy.

Awaken the Giant Within You - Anthony Robbins - Owned the book for years, yet still need to read it. Time to go grab it.

:icon_super:

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
I think I may be reading too many books right now and not taking enough action...in any event, this is what I have on my plate currently -

Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller; Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins; a book about the law of attraction, forget the author's name (not The Secret or the book by Wattles); and on audio I just finished listening to Culture Warrior by Bill O'reilly.

I tend to read about 150-200 pages of a book and then put it down and move onto another one, rarely finding my way back to the first. Hopefully I finish these ones.

Legacy Dad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 3, 2007
Worldwide, depending on the month.
I try to read one book per month in the following areas:

Marriage/Parenting
Finance/ Business
Self Development

I download audio books from audible.com and subscribe to Soundview Executive Business Summaries to try to squeeze in more.

My current Finance/ Business reads are:

Integrity-The Courage To Meet The Demands Of Reality by Henry Cloud

and I am re-reading

The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene one chapter per month to absorb it better.

Lance

Last edited:

gita73

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 5, 2007
The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings - Steve Burgess
Next on my list is Vollucci's How to Buy and Sell Apartment Buildings

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings - Steve Burgess
Next on my list is Vollucci's How to Buy and Sell Apartment Buildings
Those two are on my list to read. They'll be next, along with Getting Started with Options.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
How is this book?

Merkin Man -

I really liked 'The Millionaire Maker' - thought it was a great read. The author uses examples of real life situations, which always seem to help paint the picture for me. Although some of it was not new information, I am one who loves reinforcement of concepts. She explains things clearly and proves, over and over, that anyone is capable of reaching the millionaire status. Just requires a change in your thought process, which can be learned.

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Parenting the Hurt Child (we're in the middle of the adoption process)
Also recently finished Harry Potter and Why We Want You To Be Rich, and Rich Dad Prophecy
Also just finished Landlording: A Handymanual for Scrupulous Landlords and Landladies Who Do It Themselves - good read with a lot of ideas for new landlords.
Not sure what's next on my list. Probably something fiction.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Merkin Man -

I really liked 'The Millionaire Maker' - thought it was a great read. The author uses examples of real life situations, which always seem to help paint the picture for me. Although some of it was not new information, I am one who loves reinforcement of concepts. She explains things clearly and proves, over and over, that anyone is capable of reaching the millionaire status. Just requires a change in your thought process, which can be learned.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.