The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Kick-Off My Online-Course from 0 to $10k / Month?

Marketing, social media, advertising

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Dear Fastlaners,

PS: If you're extremely busy, just read the text in the bold.

I recently finished an online course teaching people how to set long-term, mid-term and short-term goals and achieve their dreams.

This is not some bullshit self-help scheme, but an actual breakdown of what I was experimenting with since 2016 - so I strongly believe in the value of the course.

The problem is, it got 0 sales yet, because I did not promote it.

During the two weeks I scheduled for the launch on January 1st, 2019, I personally mentored a friend to start her online-business so I had no other time, but the real reason was fear.

The truth is, I have no idea how to run a successful marketing.

I do not have an email list of relevant target group, I am not popular, people don't know me and I don't have any more money to spend.

By 10k goal I am not completely crazy however - in the summer I did 5.7k on the launch with my previous course, but I was already known on a popular website like this for over 6 years and the course was in-demand so the sales came in naturally.

Here's my current plan to execute:

#1 Record Facebook ad with a bait for a free video where people learn how to work best and avoid failure.

Actually split the video into two parts, give one part for free on the landing page and the second after they sign-up with an email.

#3 The rest of the sales funnel is simply check-out page and then a course page - that is fully finished, working and ready to roll.

#4 I would get customers from paid FB and Google ads, and from my tiny little social media profiles.

My question for you is - how to build a steady flow of new customers without wasting so much money on paid advertising?

I already went through this many times and I do not want to build my social media profile nor YouTube channel. Anything basic is okay, but that's not my long-term vision nor my dream goal. The course is actually just a side-hustle, I am planning to raise money for a complete self-sustaining SaaS platform later this year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I recently finished an online course teaching people how to set long-term, mid-term and short-term goals and achieve their dreams.

What are your long-term, mid-term, and short-term goals here?

Not to sound like an a**hole... but that's probably the problem.

How about starting your short-term goals with how to advertise your program? Digital Marketer has some great, cheap programs to learn how.

I do not have an email list of relevant target group, I am not popular, people don't know me and I don't have any more money to spend.

If you don't have a list, you're not popular, and nobody knows you... you must spend money on advertising to get those things.

If you don't have the money... it's time to find it. If someone promised you $10,000 per month... but told you that you needed to invest $10,000 to get it... wouldn't you find that money? What if it was $5,000? What about $500!?

There is no shortcut here. Blood, Sweat, Tears, or Money... actually all 4 of those are necessary.

#1 Record Facebook ad with a bait for a free video where people learn how to work best and avoid failure.

Actually split the video into two parts, give one part for free on the landing page and the second after they sign-up with an email.

#3 The rest of the sales funnel is simply check-out page and then a course page - that is fully finished, working and ready to roll.

#4 I would get customers from paid FB and Google ads, and from my tiny little social media profiles.

My question for you is - how to build a steady flow of new customers without wasting so much money on paid advertising?

I would take a little time to learn how to advertise properly online. I can just tell you that probably won't work but who am I?

But an AD > Opt in > Sales Sequence would probably work wonders.

There's not enough room here to write a book on how to advertise online... that's why I suggest digital marketer.

I already went through this many times and I do not want to build my social media profile nor YouTube channel. Anything basic is okay, but that's not my long-term vision nor my dream goal. The course is actually just a side-hustle, I am planning to raise money for a complete self-sustaining SaaS platform later this year.

Then why are you wasting your time with this? Go get a job, save up money, build your SaaS platform.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Dear Fastlaners,

PS: If you're extremely busy, just read the text in the bold.

This is not some bullshit self-help scheme, but an actual breakdown of what I was experimenting with since 2016 - so I strongly believe in the value of the course.

During the two weeks I scheduled for the launch on January 1st, 2019, I personally mentored a friend to start her online-business so I had no other time, but the real reason was fear.

By 10k goal I am not completely crazy however - in the summer I did 5.7k on the launch with my previous course, but I was already known on a popular website like this for over 6 years and the course was in-demand so the sales came in naturally.

Who have you helped?

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017

What are your long-term, mid-term, and short-term goals here?

Not to sound like an a**hole... but that's probably the problem.

How about starting your short-term goals with how to advertise your program? Digital Marketer has some great, cheap programs to learn how.

If you don't have a list, you're not popular, and nobody knows you... you must spend money on advertising to get those things.

If you don't have the money... it's time to find it. If someone promised you $10,000 per month... but told you that you needed to invest $10,000 to get it... wouldn't you find that money? What if it was $5,000? What about $500!?

There is no shortcut here. Blood, Sweat, Tears, or Money... actually all 4 of those are necessary.

I would take a little time to learn how to advertise properly online. I can just tell you that probably won't work but who am I?

But an AD > Opt in > Sales Sequence would probably work wonders.

There's not enough room here to write a book on how to advertise online... that's why I suggest digital marketer.

Then why are you wasting your time with this? Go get a job, save up money, build your SaaS platform.
Thank you for your answer.

My long-term goals is to help millions of people. Show them how to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. Later I will create a global platform for that. However, I need to test lots of ideas and get feedback first. That's why I am creating the course now.

Yes, my short term goals are simple. Record landing page video, prepare the sales funnel and start the campaign.

Thank you for suggestions. Right now I read "Scientific Advertising" and "Brilliance Breakthrough" by Eugene Schwartz. Good stuff. Will check that soon.

Right now, I can take about $500 from old businesses to advertise. Do you think Facebook Ads are the best bet? Or YouTube preroll videos?

Haha no I once made a promise to myself - never get a job! Not to sound cocky. I made over 50k in sales, however that was a different industry. I just love being an entrepreneur. The free time, the regime, the fun. That's why we are all here!

Thank you very much!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
My long-term goals is to help millions of people. Show them how to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.

Yawn...

How are you different than the literal thousands of other guys out here doing this exact same thing?

How are you going to compete with guys like @Kung Fu Steve boss?

I think this the first real thing you need. You need to provide a serious value to not only serve your customers, but to actually stand out from a very crowded crowd.

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Yawn...

How are you different than the literal thousands of other guys out here doing this exact same thing?

How are you going to compete with guys like @Kung Fu Steve boss?

I think this the first real thing you need. You need to provide a serious value to not only serve your customers, but to actually stand out from a very crowded crowd.
Thank you for your reply.

"Compete" is the wrong mindset. I don't want to compete. If they also want to improve lives of millions of people, we share the same mission indeed. The world is big enough, I love to see as many people involved as possible!

The course is over 10 hours long and fully finished. It comes with a Facebook Group and email support. Each month I provide 1 hour webinar for members for free.

It contains Long-Term Planning templates. These can be downloaded as PDF, DOCX or imported into Evernote. Same templates for Mid-Term and Short-Term planning. Finally, we got Action Calendar. From my research, successful people do not use to-do lists. They simply don't work. Planning medium and short-term using calendars is much better off.

Not to mention reflection schemes. Takes 5 minutes a day, 10 minutes each week and 20 minutes each month. These have been proved, tested and improved for 3 years now.

I am confident it can reach over $100,000 annually at price points $27-97.

Just I need to have an excellent marketing. That's where my focus is at. Value is there. If people discover it, it's going to sell. Not to be cocky, but I got over 500 positive reviews for my previous products - if people love it, they share it.

Lenin G.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 28, 2016
Thank you for your reply.

I am confident it can reach over $100,000 annually at price points $27-97.

Just I need to have an excellent marketing. That's where my focus is at. Value is there. If people discover it, it's going to sell. Not to be cocky, but I got over 500 positive reviews for my previous products - if people love it, they share it.

So, why don't sell this new product to your buyers list?

Or better yet, why don't you email your list and look for "beta testers", give it away for free, and get some testimonials that will help you when trying to sell it.

Lenin

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
You want us to teach you how to reach your goals of teaching people how to reach their goals?
I see that I made it confusing with my thread. I will reopen a new soon.

So, why don't sell this new product to your buyers list?

Or better yet, why don't you email your list and look for "beta testers", give it away for free, and get some testimonials that will help you when trying to sell it.

Lenin
I will do a small test group sample, thanks for that suggestion!

Alright folks thank you for the feedback! I read great books Scientific Advertising and started Brilliance Breakthrough by Eugene Schwartz, also watched over 5 hours of ads from Tai Lopez (you don't want to know how I feel lol) and I am almost finished with my own commercial.

The course is ready since December, so the marketing is the last missing key. Thanks again, if anything, I open a new thread.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois

Exactly, Nobody wants to really hear to get a job to fund your entrepreneurial endeavors, but some times it's what's best.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

How would you recommend someone tackle this (your) problem using your own course system?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Thank you for suggestions. Right now I read "Scientific Advertising" and "Brilliance Breakthrough" by Eugene Schwartz. Good stuff. Will check that soon.

How has The Brilliance Breakthrough helped you so far? Breakthrough Advertising was excellent, but I'm wary of the $200 price.

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ

I think you may have put the cart before the horse on this one. From what I've read and from all of the influencers/marketers/etc. I follow, there is an overall process that all the people who sell courses do really well:

The first is that they provide tons of free content to build their audience while building trust and credibility with them. After putting out lots of content to their audience they know exactly what their audience wants to learn more about. Then they build a course that they know is already in demand by their audience, so like you said with your other course - the sales come naturally. They also have a value ladder where they, for example, sell a cheap mini course/e-book to see who's willing to spend money. Those same people are likely to open their wallets for bigger ticket items as well. This takes time and energy of course, but you can't really skip it unless you have previous testimonials/success you can leverage. If you already put a lot of quality content into your course, you should have no problem creating free content.

You can run ads till you're blue in the face, but if your prospects don't know, like, and trust you they probably won't buy from you no matter how great your funnel is. It's also much cheaper to create repeat customers than new ones, so like I mentioned previously, building your own following is going to lead to more sales with less effort in the long term

You already said it yourself

I was already known on a popular website like this for over 6 years and the course was in-demand so the sales came in naturally.

I understand that probably wasn't the answer you were looking for and perhaps you could find a way to crush it without doing all of that, but that's the process I've seen work most effectively over and over from people who crush it selling courses.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Couple strategies I would add are create a Facebook group and use LinkedIn. This can take some time though. But, you can market yourself covertly. Just start posting useful information. Start helping people and answer questions they might have. Create posts that answer questions.

With LinkedIn you can connect with people you think are an ideal customer. Create a buyer persona if you have to. Quora is another option. Get yourself known, build a little reputation and the sales will come in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.