The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress Thread] My Journey from 0 ➡️ $1,000,000/M PROFIT & Beyond + Strategy

Idea threads

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
I'm on a mission to start a brand new online business from scratch, and bootstrap it to $1,000,000/M in PROFIT and get to a $10,000,000 net worth within the next 2 years or less.

For those of you who don't know me, I suggest you to read through my story that I posted about a week ago on here in the intro category. But basically, I went from a couple grand to a $10,000,000 net worth in 1 year with crypto due to countless of excellent investments, but a few years later lost most of it due to to some really bad decisions; and now it feels as though I have to start everything again from scratch - no problem. I got there once 1 way, and I know without a single doubt in my mind that I'll get back up there and reach greater heights another way.

It always fascinated me and you hear this question a lot in interviews & podcasts when hosts ask their very wealthy guests "Hypothetically speaking, if you lost EVERYTHING tomorrow and had to start again from scratch with little to no money and 0 connections - what would you do (differently) to get it all back?" (some add the "within 30 days to get back to you feet" at the end).

And not only have I always found the question to be very interesting & useful, but I always found the answers to be even more fascinating. You see, regardless what answer the guest provided, I realized they all had something in common. And that thing is a very specific & articulate strategy, backed up with an unwavering CONVICTION that is so powerful, you can see it in their eyes and feel it through their voice & tonality.

Well, now that this situation has shockingly happened to me (to say the least) - it is my turn to express that same strategy & conviction to not only get back on my feet, but to THRIVE like a powerful force of nature, as if it never happened in the 1st place, and evolve in a way that I never have before.

This will be probably be my greatest mental challenge & testament to prove my character that I've had in my life, but with God & the universe on my side along with a clear mental picture of EXACTLY what I need to do, I believe I will overcome any obstacle that comes my way and achieve every single goal I have in my mind and that I've written down in my notebook.

With that being said, here is my gameplan:

But 1st, as the popular quote by Abraham Lincoln goes "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the ax."

The first and most important step (beside figuring out your big desires + goals), is to THINK about the BEST way to achieve as much success as possible, as quickly as possible, without sacrificing too much of your time, and while enjoying the whole process. Rushing this step can result in starting the WRONG thing, which means that no matter how well you do it, how quickly you do it, or how productive you are - if you choose the wrong path you are DOOMED to fail before you even start.

So for the last few months I've been spending a lot of time going through all my older notes that I saved (physical + virtual), books that I've read, and online courses that I joined - to get into the right "state" of mind and think more creativity, and get all the money juice flowing throughout my whole body, to first & foremost come up with the RIGHT path, and 2nd to create my detailed plan so I can achieve all my goals, which I am now ready to take big & consistent action on.

Next, what I realized is the key & SECRET to have tremendous success in business, and do it quickly & effectively - is the power of LEVERAGE.

I personally believe that LEVERAGE is the most powerful word in business. When you TRULY understand and grasp the concept of leverage + how to apply it, the possibilities to success are ENDLESS, and are only limited to the stretch of your imagination.

You can leverage MANY things - including your strengths, experiences, network, time, money, software, and social media platforms amongst many more.

Now a smart person who understands the power of leverage, will look for ways to leverage a combination of as much of their strengths, experiences, network, time, money, audience, and social media to grow & succeed in their business/career.

But a GENIUS who thinks outside the box and goes the extra mile, will focus on fully leveraging OTHER PEOPLE'S strengths, experiences, networks, time, money, audiences and social media/personal brands in every possible way, to have an advantage over everyone else.

But in practical terms - what does that actually mean?

Well, say you are an amazing investor and either came up with a way yourself, or read somewhere online about a great way you can 2x your money within a year, which is virtually guaranteed (99% chance happening).

The "smart" person will try to make his own money as quickly as possible by selling different products/services (or working a good paying job, like sales), and then put a portion of his monthly income into that investment vehicle that can safely double his money within a year, and keep adding more & more money into this every month to compound the returns. Initially, he makes $10k/m which then gradually increases every month by 20-50%, and by the end of the year makes ~50k/m. And he puts ~50% of his income into that investment each month.

This means that he invests ~5k in month 1, 7.5k in month 2, 10k month 3, 12.5k month 4, 15k month 5, all the way to 25k in month 12. In total he invests ~210k within the 1st year; BUT only 67.5k of that was in the 1st 6 months, with average returns of ~75% for EOY (his investments starting in month 6 is 50% as there are only 6 months left to the end of the year, and it only goes down from there). In total, he might finish the year with ~280-300k. Let's assume the high end of 300k, and that's how much he finishes the year with with a combo of his active income + investments (on a GOOD year as his highest ceiling).

But then you have the "genius", who instead of trying to make this investment with his OWN money that he has to spend a lot of "time" earning considering he's starting from 0, and would take him a loooong a$$ time to actually make it worthwhile in order to earn A LOT of money passively - instead he decides to BORROW money as a loan, either from the bank, a finance firm, or even an angel investor, with 12% interest rate.

Now let's say he managed to borrow 500k in total within 1-2 weeks (doesn't matter if it was from 1 person/entity, or it was the combination of a few), and is ALREADY looking to start the big investment. Well, by month 12, if everything goes as planned he will have ~$1,000,000 - of which he then decided to pay back his loan of $560k, leaving him with a $440k PROFIT. Now, this becomes his OWN money, and he can rinse & repeat this process + double his money every year; and assuming this remains true - by year 5 he will have ~6M+ of HIS OWN money, which he does not owe to anyone (excluding taxes).

Now let's compare that to the "smart" investor - the genius earned 50%+ more money with 90% less EFFORT and without any headaches/stress of running his own business, hiring & managing employees, etc. And this could have also been a LOT more than 50% if he either borrowed more than 500k initially, OR decided to not pay back the FULL 560k that he owed after only the 1st year.

And the sole reason he was more successful, is because he understood the powerful principle & concept of LEVERAGE and using OTHER PEOPLE'S money.

Let's use another example.

A smart person will leverage free online resources or even pay for a course to learn a skill from which he can make money from, either digital marketing or sales. Great. A few weeks pass by of studying and practicing his skill, and he's finally ready to offer it as a service to businesses. He reaches out to many companies, and tries to convice them to give him a chance to take this skill and help the business owner make more money, despite being a complete beginner and having no former expereince in this.

A few things happen - either he gets hired first on a FREE trial, or gets paid very little for all his effort so he can "learn" as he goes, or WORSE of all - doesn't get hired for weeks/months at all and keeps getting rejected each time. Eventually he becomes good at this skill, but not unti at LEAST 3 months from the day he started (or 6 months + in most case), and does EVERYTHING himself in his "busy-ness". What do all those scenarios have in common? They're all a WASTE OF TIME with little income to show for it. Even it he gets hired and gets good at it, it will become more like a "job" rather than a business and he'll be constantly under pressure to deliver results or else he gets cut off.

But then you have the GENIUS. The genius, on the other hand, understands the power of LEVERAGE, and doesn't bother trying to learn ANY skill that he plans to offer as a servce. Instead, what he does is he goes out and tries to find OTHER PEOPLE who are ALREADY experts or really good in that particular skill, with whom he can never compete with even if he wanted to, and decides 1 of 2 things.

Either he forms a partnership with them and sends his clients over to them where he knows that they will certainly get amazing results, and in return he gets a fair % of the money they both generate for their business (similar to affiliate marketing model). OR he decides to hire them to do the job on behalf of him/his business, and use all THEIR previous experience + case studies as PROOF that he can replicate that with his clients that he's about to work with. He charges premium prices, and only pays his new employee AFTER he gets paid from the client - keeping the difference in his pocket. Win-win for everyone. He then rinse & repeats this with plenty of people.

On top of that, because he's a GENIUS, he can hire VAs for $3/H to do all the outreach for him - and then hire a commission-based salesperson to close all the deals on his behalf as well (if he sucks at or doesn't want to spend time doing sales), which essentially automates his entire business like clockwork, with only thing left is to manage the whole operations and make sure his clients are getting amazing results + are happy.

I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make here - this is EXACTLY how & why you should be constantly on the lookout to apply leverage in ALL AREAS of your business + life. And this is the same exact structure, strategy and THINKING I plan to use to get to $1,000,000/M+ and a $10,000,000+ net worth in the next few years myself. For me, it will be helping experts in the online coaching industry with scaling their business (initially, amongst other things later on) - for you it can be something completely different, but the principles & critical thinking skills remain the same nonetheless.

I personally don't believe in limits, as limits only exist if you decide to impose them on yourself in your own mind.

If you have a strong WHY and are truly committed to achieve big things, nothing can stop you from doing so, except yourself. We can be our own greatest heroes & superstars, or our own worse enemies - the choice is yours, so choose wisely.

I will end this with 2 of my favorite quotes:
"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you're right" - Henry Ford
"Time is Money & Money loves Speed; and Speed loves & creates Momentum"

I'll do my best to update my progress at least once a week, but also be sure to follow me on my social media where I will likely be more active (the links are on my account).

P.S. Over the past week I've spent A LOT of time finding experts across different industries who specialize in different areas & networking with them. The next step is to work together and get the cha-chings going ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
Thank you for your post! It would be awesome if you could explain one moment from your strategy.

You said that a "genius" would find and leverage the skills of experts. Who should the "genius" reach out/find first - the clients or the experts?

And how would he convince them that he is going to get the other party when he has at that moment reached out only to one of them?

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
Thank you for your post! It would be awesome if you could explain one moment from your strategy.

You said that a "genius" would find and leverage the skills of experts. Who should the "genius" reach out/find first - the clients or the experts?

And how would he convince them that he is going to get the other party when he has at that moment reached out only to one of them?
It doesn't really matter, I know people who did it via both ways. This also really depends on what you're selling & who you're working with, as well as your niche.

For me personally, I'd rather first get & secure the supplier + do my due diligence on him to make sure they're a high quality individual/business I can trust, and then find the buyers with more conviction that I can deliver an amazing product/service to them.

But if you aren't sure you will find & secure buyers/clients/customers - then it prob would be smart to get them to buy first and then find someone to deliver the service. This works best for service-based businesses, whereas for physical products you already need to have it ready to deliver it to the customers (especially with shipping times in account). The only exception is if you start off the Ecom store with a "pre-order" strategy to test the product and see if it will sell or not.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
It doesn't really matter, I know people who did it via both ways. This also really depends on what you're selling & who you're working with, as well as your niche.

For me personally, I'd rather first get & secure the supplier + do my due diligence on him to make sure they're a high quality individual/business I can trust, and then find the buyers with more conviction that I can deliver an amazing product/service to them.

But if you aren't sure you will find & secure buyers/clients/customers - then it prob would be smart to get them to buy first and then find someone to deliver the service. This works best for service-based businesses, whereas for physical products you already need to have it ready to deliver it to the customers (especially with shipping times in account). The only exception is if you start off the Ecom store with a "pre-order" strategy to test the product and see if it will sell or not.
So, if I get it right it would be something like this?

1. Find a need and figure out how to solve it
2. Find someone who can provide that solution
3. Find the people who need that solution

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
So, if I get it right it would be something like this?

1. Find a need and figure out how to solve it
2. Find someone who can provide that solution
3. Find the people who need that solution
Exactly, just in different order:

1. Find people who have a big problem & willing to pay for a solution
2. Find someone who can provide & already has the solution and figure out how you can work together
3. Reach out to those ppl with a problem and say you have the perfect solution to their problem and go from there.

Ideally it has to be a BIG problem for them and something they think about everyday, and are willing to pay a good amount of money for you or someone to solve it. This also translates to higher profit margins for you and makes scaling a lot easier.

There's A LOT more to this that I didn't cover here though, with your offer, pricing, business structure, marketing strategy, etc playing a huge role as well. But I covered what I believe is the most important part, your way of THINKING, which translates to and shapes everything else that you do.

Last edited:

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia

1. Find people who have a problem & willing to pay for a solution
2. Find someone who can provide & already has the solution
3. Reach out to the ppl with a problem and say you have the perfect solution to their problem and go from there.

Ideally it has to be a HUGE problem for them and something they think about everyday, and will to pay a good amount of money to solve it. This also translates to higher profit margins for you and makes scaling a lot easier.

There's A LOT more to this that I didn't cover here though, with your offer, pricing, business structure, marketing strategy, etc playing a huge role as well. But I covered what I believe is the most important part, your way of THINKING, which translates to and shapes everything else that you do.
This just made it click for me.

Now I see that the mistake I was always making was skipping the first step. Not going to happen again. I will write those steps on a piece of paper and glue it on the wall in front of my desk at home. Thanks a lot for taking the time and explaining it!

I wish you much strength on your journey to your goal! Waiting for the updates to see how everything is going for you.

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
This just made it click for me.

Now I see that the mistake I was always making was skipping the first step. Not going to happen again. I will write those steps on a piece of paper and glue it on the wall in front of my desk at home. Thanks a lot for taking the time and explaining it!

I wish you much strength on your journey to your goal! Waiting for the updates to see how everything is going for you.
You're welcome, I'm really glad to see that this way of thinking will help you a lot going forward!

And thank you very much as well :)

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

1. Find people who have a big problem & willing to pay for a solution
2. Find someone who can provide & already has the solution and figure out how you can work together
3. Reach out to those ppl with a problem and say you have the perfect solution to their problem and go from there.

Ideally it has to be a BIG problem for them and something they think about everyday, and are willing to pay a good amount of money for you or someone to solve it. This also translates to higher profit margins for you and makes scaling a lot easier.

You just explained Arbritage or a Service-based business here. i.e. You charge someone $100 dollars an hour and pay for someone to provide that solution for $20 dollars an hour, you profit in between.

This could work with intention iteration for a human resources system with a productized service in a very big niche. That would be something like a marketing agency.

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I don't think I have read anything that you are practically going to do in terms of building a real business with a real product.

I know someone, not closely, who built a real product for a real market, who went through so many struggles yet it took him almost 6 years to get there. And you say you will make $1,000,000 in profit in 2 years or less... I'm not trying to start an argument or think that I am right at all by any means here. But that is a HUGE claim. Very huge. Thats almost insane to me. I know it's doable, probably for other veterans.

Why don't you buy an INSIDERS's edition and actually read the thousands of pages of people actually building a real company and the struggles that they had to go through? The suffering, etc.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
What is the $500k loan or investor investing in? What's the vehicle that will drive profits to payback his loan in 1 year? What's the product or service? How large is the TAM? What market is he in? Is this business currently running or are you starting from scratch?

For what you described a book from Josh Nelson from the Seven Figure Agency would do. But doesn't need investing.

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
QUICK UPDATE

I'm making this post to give you guys a quick update on my progress so far. Had to deal with some things outside of business that slowed me down a bit, but in the past few weeks I have:

1. Finalized my business + personal branding/social media growth strategies for the next few months (so I know exactly what I have to do every week and every day to hit my goals). That as well as a very specific outline/framework to track everything via numbers.

2. Increased my network and spoke with multiple people about various business opportunities

3. Officially set up a US LLC and now just waiting to get my EIN in about a week or so to open 2 US bank accounts

4. Joined many excellent online business communities where I plan to interact often, meet new people & keep growing my network (some are free and others are paid)

5. Came up with proven outreach templates so I can get great positive replies & interactions with ideal prospects

6. Set up the most mandatory/necessary softwares that I'll be using to operate my business.
(There are obv many more things I did too, but these were the main ones)

Now it's all about taking massive action everyday and executing my strategy to the T
1f4af.png

I do plan to be more active on here going forward, so I'll keep sharing my progress for anyone who wants to follow my journey
1f4aa.png

Last edited:

DeNero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 6, 2023
So I decided to take a small step back this week, and really take the time to plant the "seeds" and make some big chess moves for 2024 & beyond.

As the great Abraham Lincoln said himself:
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe"

THINKING, particularly "critical" thinking - is one of the most important yet underutilized skills to achieve your dream life; and sadly it is something that is rarely ever taught or articulated in detail on YT, by "gurus" and from online courses.

I see too many people just mindlessly "hustling" and "taking action", without really THINKING about the ROI of their actions. And while it's certainly better than procrastinating or watching useless Netflix shows, it's not enough to fully maximize their time and thus output/results within a given timeframe.

You see, every action results in a REACTION, which either moves you closer or further from your dream life; and every action also creates endless opportunity costs.

So every day whenever you do something, you have to ask yourself 3 important questions:

1. Is what I'm doing right now the MOST important thing I should be doing to move my business forward/achieve my goals?

2. Why am I doing this right now (vs something else), and does it align & leads to my ideal lifestyle?

3. How much money (& impact) can I make in the short, mid, and long-term by doing what I'm doing right now & reaching my goals?

BONUS: Do I ENJOY doing what I'm doing now, and can this be automated and/or delegated to someone else for a lot less?

The key to win the game of business & life, is to MASTER YOUR TIME. Time & energy, not money, are your most valuable assets - and you must make the most of your time every day.

Which means you should only focus on High-ROI activities, and apply leverage in everything you do.

P.S. Despite it taking me a bit longer than expected - I'm happy to say I now have created a network of over 3k+ people across various industries with whom I'll be looking to collab & do business with.

If you'd like to follow my journey closer - follow me on TG/WhatsApp as well and I'll be sharing my progress on there more often.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.