• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How to Kick-Off My Online-Course from 0 to $10k / Month?

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by TopDirective, Jan 13, 2019.

1. TopDirective

TopDirective Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $468
    Dear Fastlaners,

PS: If you're extremely busy, just read the text in the bold.

I recently finished an online course teaching people how to set long-term, mid-term and short-term goals and achieve their dreams.

This is not some bullshit self-help scheme, but an actual breakdown of what I was experimenting with since 2016 - so I strongly believe in the value of the course.

The problem is, it got 0 sales yet, because I did not promote it.

During the two weeks I scheduled for the launch on January 1st, 2019, I personally mentored a friend to start her online-business so I had no other time, but the real reason was fear.

The truth is, I have no idea how to run a successful marketing.

I do not have an email list of relevant target group, I am not popular, people don't know me and I don't have any more money to spend.

By 10k goal I am not completely crazy however - in the summer I did 5.7k on the launch with my previous course, but I was already known on a popular website like this for over 6 years and the course was in-demand so the sales came in naturally.

Here's my current plan to execute:

#1 Record Facebook ad with a bait for a free video where people learn how to work best and avoid failure.

Actually split the video into two parts, give one part for free on the landing page and the second after they sign-up with an email.

#3 The rest of the sales funnel is simply check-out page and then a course page - that is fully finished, working and ready to roll.

#4 I would get customers from paid FB and Google ads, and from my tiny little social media profiles.

My question for you is - how to build a steady flow of new customers without wasting so much money on paid advertising?

I already went through this many times and I do not want to build my social media profile nor YouTube channel. Anything basic is okay, but that's not my long-term vision nor my dream goal. The course is actually just a side-hustle, I am planning to raise money for a complete self-sustaining SaaS platform later this year.

RazorCut likes this.
  2. Kung Fu Steve

Kung Fu Steve Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,875

What are your long-term, mid-term, and short-term goals here?

Not to sound like an a**hole... but that's probably the problem.

How about starting your short-term goals with how to advertise your program? Digital Marketer has some great, cheap programs to learn how.

If you don't have a list, you're not popular, and nobody knows you... you must spend money on advertising to get those things.

If you don't have the money... it's time to find it. If someone promised you $10,000 per month... but told you that you needed to invest $10,000 to get it... wouldn't you find that money? What if it was $5,000? What about $500!?

There is no shortcut here. Blood, Sweat, Tears, or Money... actually all 4 of those are necessary.

I would take a little time to learn how to advertise properly online. I can just tell you that probably won't work but who am I?

But an AD > Opt in > Sales Sequence would probably work wonders.

There's not enough room here to write a book on how to advertise online... that's why I suggest digital marketer.

Then why are you wasting your time with this? Go get a job, save up money, build your SaaS platform.

James Klymus, Scot and MTEE1985 like this.
  3. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $178,611
    Who have you helped?

Scot likes this.
  4. TopDirective

TopDirective Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $468
    Thank you for your answer.

My long-term goals is to help millions of people. Show them how to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. Later I will create a global platform for that. However, I need to test lots of ideas and get feedback first. That's why I am creating the course now.

Yes, my short term goals are simple. Record landing page video, prepare the sales funnel and start the campaign.

Thank you for suggestions. Right now I read "Scientific Advertising" and "Brilliance Breakthrough" by Eugene Schwartz. Good stuff. Will check that soon.

Right now, I can take about $500 from old businesses to advertise. Do you think Facebook Ads are the best bet? Or YouTube preroll videos?

Haha no I once made a promise to myself - never get a job! Not to sound cocky. I made over 50k in sales, however that was a different industry. I just love being an entrepreneur. The free time, the regime, the fun. That's why we are all here!

Thank you very much!

5. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $55,662
    Yawn...

How are you different than the literal thousands of other guys out here doing this exact same thing?

How are you going to compete with guys like @Kung Fu Steve boss?

I think this the first real thing you need. You need to provide a serious value to not only serve your customers, but to actually stand out from a very crowded crowd.

Fox, TinyTim, jasoncuellar123 and 3 others like this.
  6. TopDirective

TopDirective Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $468
    Thank you for your reply.

"Compete" is the wrong mindset. I don't want to compete. If they also want to improve lives of millions of people, we share the same mission indeed. The world is big enough, I love to see as many people involved as possible!

The course is over 10 hours long and fully finished. It comes with a Facebook Group and email support. Each month I provide 1 hour webinar for members for free.

It contains Long-Term Planning templates. These can be downloaded as PDF, DOCX or imported into Evernote. Same templates for Mid-Term and Short-Term planning. Finally, we got Action Calendar. From my research, successful people do not use to-do lists. They simply don't work. Planning medium and short-term using calendars is much better off.

Not to mention reflection schemes. Takes 5 minutes a day, 10 minutes each week and 20 minutes each month. These have been proved, tested and improved for 3 years now.

I am confident it can reach over $100,000 annually at price points $27-97.

Just I need to have an excellent marketing. That's where my focus is at. Value is there. If people discover it, it's going to sell. Not to be cocky, but I got over 500 positive reviews for my previous products - if people love it, they share it.

7. TinyTim

TinyTim Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $512
    You want us to teach you how to reach your goals of teaching people how to reach their goals?

someone0815 and rwhyan like this.
  8. Lenin G.

Lenin G. New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $62
    So, why don't sell this new product to your buyers list?

Or better yet, why don't you email your list and look for "beta testers", give it away for free, and get some testimonials that will help you when trying to sell it.

Lenin

TopDirective likes this.
  9. TopDirective

TopDirective Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $468
    I see that I made it confusing with my thread. I will reopen a new soon.

I will do a small test group sample, thanks for that suggestion!

Alright folks thank you for the feedback! I read great books Scientific Advertising and started Brilliance Breakthrough by Eugene Schwartz, also watched over 5 hours of ads from Tai Lopez (you don't want to know how I feel lol) and I am almost finished with my own commercial.

The course is ready since December, so the marketing is the last missing key. Thanks again, if anything, I open a new thread.

10. James Klymus

James Klymus Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $232
    Exactly, Nobody wants to really hear to get a job to fund your entrepreneurial endeavors, but some times it's what's best.

11. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $78,413
    How would you recommend someone tackle this (your) problem using your own course system?

TinyTim likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.