The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016 Goals - Follow my Journey to 10K/month

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sintzu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Hi All,

Just a recap on me - I wasn't always ready to learn what I needed to. I initially signed up to the forum a couple of years back when I was deciding on what I was going to do in life, looking for a way to make money and just absorbing a lot of ideas. I jumped around from idea to idea, kept looking at other peoples success and catching the shiny object syndrome. I was also in a bad place, going through a depressed period after a failed relationship, making some very bad decisions, and trying to party the happiness back into my life.

Truth be told it was a failed strategy because there truly was no strategy, just a bunch of shallow actions that made me feel like I was doing something with my life. I ended up bouncing around for a few years, but it wasn't until I truly began working on my inner self, my mindset, and my focus that things truly began to change.

Fast forward to 2015. I've moved to a new city, now have a profitable web design/web marketing business (selling web design solutions to small to medium business owners) that's gaining traction, finally on payroll and paying myself, hired my first full time Canadian employee as of last week, and have created a plan to push through to my goals. The point I'm at now is working on disconnecting my time from my money. The business machine and processes I'm building will deliver the value needed to my market so that I can begin trading value for money.

I've set some ambitious goals for 2016 and will commit to posting weekly updates on this thread to keep myself accountable, to get feedback from the amazing people that have attained success on this forum already, and to one day look back on this thread and re live my journey.

In 2016 -

1) I will be making $10,000/month in personal income from my business venture

2) I will get my business in line to be featured on the Profit Hot 50.

3) I will have at least 1 editorial piece in a major publication on myself and my business (personal branding)

4) I will develop my mindset further and will go through 2 books per month (got audible membership and love it. Consistently been doing 2 books per month. Last one was a leadership book called "Extreme Ownership", great book!)

5) Get down to 13% bf, healthy and fit - I'm fairly healthy and fit already but my body fat is something I want to drop. It's not a business goal but it's a personal goal that will help push my discipline. The increased discipline in fitness will also translate over to increased discipline in business. So in my eyes, they go hand in hand.

6) Optimize my circle and forge strong friendships with 5 successful entrepreneurs of any age

What I need to do in my business in order to push to achieve these goals

1) Work on SALES! Everything else comes second. The employee I just hired will take off a lot of the client facing duties I was doing myself, and will allow me to work ON the business rather than IN it (one of the big principles I've learned over the last quarter). I've tried a couple of approaches to sell to my target market, but I need to suck it up and begin a strong cold calling program, which will begin with myself getting on the phone, refining my script and getting the sales. Once I know the system, I will teach it to others in my business.

2) Processes. A big thing I've learned is that creating processes is the single best thing after SALES that I can do to get my business running like a well oiled machine. I will heavily focus with my employee on creating repeatable processes for Marketing, Sales, Development, Onboarding Clients, and Maintaining them.

Feel free to chime in, PM me, critique my thought process or provide any other feedback you think can help push me further on the path. My biggest pain point right now is having a repeatable and scaleable Sales process for selling to small to medium businesses. That's my first big challenge and goal to overcome. Once I nail that down, I can open the flood gates to really expand my business.

Looking forward to documenting my success and connecting with you all further. Thanks for reading through!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
First off, good for you for having an idea of the things you want to accomplish next year.

Having said that...
  • Put exact dates on when you want to accomplish your tasks, not just "2016."
  • Next, write down the exact actions you need to take daily, weekly, monthly in order to make each one happen.
Then you have a plan, not a wishlist.

sintzu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
First off, good for you for having an idea of the things you want to accomplish next year.

Having said that...
  • Put exact dates on when you want to accomplish your tasks, not just "2016."
  • Next, write down the exact actions you need to take daily, weekly, monthly in order to make each one happen.
Then you have a plan, not a wishlist.

You're absolutely right. Thanks for the insight.

sintzu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Sorry but how do you plan on affording an r8 with 10k/month

I don't plan to stop at 10K/month. I will do what's necessary to get what I've put out there. If I can get to 10K I can easily get to 15 or 20.

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
I don't plan to stop at 10K/month. I will do what's necessary to get what I've put out there. If I can get to 10K I can easily get to 15 or 20.

Ofc, anywho... best of luck on your goals.. Rest of December + 365 days to accomplish!

sintzu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Alright guys. Here's what I will be focusing on this week.

1) Finalize sales script and rebuttals - Already 90% done but want to polish it off and finalize today
2) Begin cold calling. Got my auto dialer loaded with the leads already.
3) Train my first empolyee to take over a lot of the account management and PM duties i've done.

Since my focus is on growing my recurring business income, which will translate to my personal income I will report on a weekly basis on how much my revenue has increased week by week.

Goal -
New Clients - 3
Revenue Increase - $597
Monthly Recurring Revenue Increase - $255

Since it's the first week, I anticipate a lot of learnings as I begin the cold calling program and therefore kept my number of new clients realistic, since it's pretty much just me dialing.

Once I get through the script and begin closing clients on the phone and have a proven process, I will be looking to engage the services of a cold caller (either North American or Philippines, to begin scaling the program and closing more clients per week)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.