The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recent College grad, how Fastlane changed my life, and why I won't stop until I get there.

visiomari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Mar 31, 2018
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I decided to come out of lurking mode and introduce myself! I am a 23 year old woman and I just graduated college in the U.S (business degree).

I am a huge reader/business and self-improvement junkie, so naturally, I stumbled upon The Millionaire Fastlane on Reddit. I got the book from the library, read it, and was hooked ever since. A month later, I started lurking the forum. One month after that, I bought TMF and Unscripted on Amazon. I have re-read both books at least 6 times each (I like to read at night, so I alternate between them). Even though some might say reading is “action-faking,” having MJ’s words in my head every night has changed my life trajectory already.

Most Important Lessons Learned:

• Fast wealth is possible, even if you’re currently a poor immigrant woman with no “connections” (me).
  • Rich people are rich because, in some way or another, they have impacted millions in scale and/or magnitude.

• Money does not need to be chased. If you provide relative value and communicate that value, money will be thrown your way. If you are poor, it (more likely than not) means that your value to society has been limited. How many lives have you touched? How many people have you helped? Probably not that many, sad to report.

• Productocracies (where the quality of the service/product is so obviously superior than any alternative product/services) perpetuate themselves through word-of-mouth and happy customers. This is the goal.

• Businesses that do not meet the CENTS commandments (Control, Entry, Need, Time, Scale) are not Faslane and we should be EXTREMELY wary to pursue them. Although, in some cases, they may lead to Fastlane ventures later on. (This is possibly THE best business advice I have ever, ever received, worth more than my five years at college combined).

• Trading life for money is stupid. Money is abundant, time is not.

• Hard work is best directed into systems that will work for you through time (money and business systems).

• Nobody cares about your goals, your dreams, or your desires. Nobody cares about your family struggles, where you went (or didn’t go) to college, what you studied, or where you have been. People only care about what you can do FOR THEM. This is even true for non-business related things. I have noticed how people’s eyes glaze over once I start talking about myself, to the point that now it makes me uncomfortable to say more than I need to say. But if you talk to someone about what they want, need, their problems, etc? They’ll love you and think you’re the best conversationalist ever. FOCUS ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT, and you will be valuable.

• Most people...are miserable. They hate their jobs. They drown in food and other vices (TV, social media, drugs). They don’t question the Script. They do NOTHING to change their reality because they don’t even realize that there is another way. If you think and act like “MOST” PEOPLE, you will BE like most people.
Every single day that passes proves to me that MJ’s philosophy is 100% correct. I have noticed so many other “little” things (such as, the reasons why I buy the things that I buy, why that 19-year-old rapper makes so much money, or the REAL reason why that restaurant closed down the street,) and have yet to find a counterexample that proves him wrong. This alone tells me that I am on the right path.

Getting Started On the Fastlane

Obviously, my mentality is exactly where it needs to be. So far, I am a month out from graduation and have been applying for jobs, keeping my Fastlane dreams in mind. I don’t care about “climbing the corporate ladder in a good company." I would actually be more interested in learning about the company itself and the people who run it.

If a job seems like it may help me in my Fastlane ventures (such as, reasonable hourly wage, flexible scheduling, introduction to an industry that I can infiltrate and learn as much as I can about it) I apply for it. Even if the industry is “unsexy.” If a job seems like it will squash my Fastlane dreams (soul-crushing, extremely low wage, long hours, no free time to pursue ventures), I pass on that job.

I have been applying to admin assistant jobs and even nanny jobs near me. I have been telling everyone I know that I want to work with a small business owner. I am also applying for personal assistant jobs on Upwork. I know that I would be the best assistant a business owner could have, because (aside from my OCD’d tendencies) once I go all in, I GO ALL IN. I would go into this job with the mentality of, “I am a future business owner, how would I want MY business to be run? What can I do to help this person make their business the best it could possibly be?” I have read so many books, case studies, forum posts, etc on different strategies and I am just hungry to try all of this stuff out. Thankfully, as far as this job hunt is concerned, I just have to be right ONE TIME. As long as I’m out there swinging, someone will eventually have to hire me.

At this stage of my life, all I care about is working on my Fastlane dream. I don’t care about boyfriends, or going out and getting plastered, or taking the perfect Instagram selfie. My plan is to have multiple streams of income from different jobs (Slowlane to start), learn as much as I can, use all the knowledge I have from MJ’s books and all of you awesome people on this forum, and put all my effort into Faslane ventures. It’s all I think about.

I am an Entrepreneur.

This is my natural state. There is no doubt in my mind that I am meant to have my own business system that I can control and leverage. I feel passion when I bring value to other people’s lives, specially if I create something out of thin air (like this post).

I can relate so much to MJ, (from taking 5 years to finish a business degree, to being obsessed with freedom, living at home post-grad, and being an introverted fitness junkie), as I am sure many of you can, too. Like he says, the dream is still alive. I don’t believe for a second that we are born to be mediocre, that is, unless we accept that as our reality.

I could say so much more, but I’ll leave this post here. Thank you all for making this community so awesome. I am happy to “formally” join you, and I am ready to see what the next few months and years will bring.

- Visiomari

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

visiomari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Mar 31, 2018
Canada
An update.

I am extremely pissed off. I’m just sick of me limiting myself.

Still unemployed. Still haven’t gotten started on my own business. Reading Tony Robbins’ book Awaken The Giant Within has just made me realize how much I’m just consumed by my own limiting beliefs about what’s possible and isn’t possible.

A question that really pisses me off and gets me going is “Would i like to keep going like this for the rest of my life?”

Would I like to keep being socially anxious? Keep struggling for money? Keep caring about what others are doing and what they think about me? Keep being a consumer and not producer? Keep *wishing* I had things and experiences, rather than working hard towards them? Keep HOPING I get a good business idea, instead of actively, really, really, digging deep and finding something I can execute?

The best (and worst) part is that I know I have all the tools to start. I have the right mindset, I have no loans, I have permission to fail again and again. I have the drive and work ethic. I have the street smarts and the book smarts. I have the time. I have the dedication. I just can’t get started on SOMETHING.

Am I going to be mediocre like everyone else? Am I going to blame my own circumstances for my failures? Am I going to look back, 5 years from now, and say “Wow, I wish I had actually gotten started/done something”? Am I going to keep settling for the crumbs when I could be getting the whole pie? Am I going to be an spectator of my own life, hiding behind the curtains, afraid of being seen and heard?

No.

Every day that goes by where I don’t do anything just pisses me off even more. I swear I am manufacturing my own F*CK this event. I can assure you I haven’t had it yet, but I feel it coming.

F*ck this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, so sorry I missed your introduction! Thanks for sharing!

Businesses that do not meet the CENTS commandments (Control, Entry, Need, Time, Scale) are not Faslane and we should be EXTREMELY wary to pursue them. Although, in some cases, they may lead to Fastlane ventures later on. (This is possibly THE best business advice I have ever, ever received, worth more than my five years at college combined).

Be careful here, sometimes you just have to ignore the CENTS stuff and get your feet wet. You can also make a ton of money and NOT meet the CENTS Commandments, it just increases risk. A good example is Amazon ... lot of businesses do well there, like really well, but they violate CONTROL. It doesn't mean their business wasn't worthy to pursue, just more risky.

SevenJay

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 12, 2015
Super introduction, and best nickname so far :D I wish you all the best, keep on keeping on!

visiomari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Mar 31, 2018
Canada
Wow, so sorry I missed your introduction! Thanks for sharing!
Be careful here, sometimes you just have to ignore the CENTS stuff and get your feet wet. You can also make a ton of money and NOT meet the CENTS Commandments, it just increases risk. A good example is Amazon ... lot of businesses do well there, like really well, but they violate CONTROL. It doesn't mean their business wasn't worthy to pursue, just more risky.

Thanks, MJ! Means a lot. You are absolutely right. Mostly, I am having trouble finding NEEDS that I can successfully fill and where the market isn't overly saturated (ENTRY). I am thankful I have the CENTS blueprint. It truly feels like I have a treasure map, and I just have to follow the clues! So thanks for that. :)

visiomari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Mar 31, 2018
Canada
Super introduction, and best nickname so far :D I wish you all the best, keep on keeping on!

Thank you SevenJay! It's a play on words with my real name, also :) Thanks for the encouragement!

visiomari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Mar 31, 2018
Canada
@visiomari thanks a lot for your post! You inspired me today.

You are awesome, I wish I had your attitude at my 20's.
:)

Thanks!

WOW! thank you Abrakamowse, I really needed the encouragement today. This means a lot to me! I *do* feel weirdly fortunate to have found these books so early in life, it's actually eery reading TMF when MJ talks about being lost at 23, just like me! It makes it that much more real. But, of course, the Fastlane doesn't care about your age ;) So you go get 'em!

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
WOW! thank you Abrakamowse, I really needed the encouragement today. This means a lot to me! I *do* feel weirdly fortunate to have found these books so early in life, it's actually eery reading TMF when MJ talks about being lost at 23, just like me! It makes it that much more real. But, of course, the Fastlane doesn't care about your age ;) So you go get 'em!

You are welcome!

You are fortunate to found those books and actually got interested in them. I read (or begin to read) a lot of interesting books (now I know they are) but I didn't understand and I ignore them Lol...

But I think we all have to live some experiences in life and I don't regret anything, because what happened to me in the past is what made me what I am today. So, always look to the future!
hehehe...

And about the age, you are totally right, I always have in mind some examples of that. The age is not important, is the mindset that is important. Paul Gauguin for example, worked at a bank until he was 40 years old and then he began his career in art, that made him famous.

And another one I found out recently was Rodney Dangerfield, he also got his opportunity to begin his career at about 40 years old.

there's more examples, but those keep me going and never surrender.
:)

thanks again for your comments!

visiomari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Mar 31, 2018
Canada
Small update, job hunting frigging SUCKS. Currently applying to tons of positions, some customer service and some sales jobs so I can get out there and talk to people. Mainly focusing on B2B companies. And applying to software companies so I can be exposed to new technologies.

One of my most frustrating F*ck This Moments during this whole search was recently. I was the perfect candidate for a 40k + commission (up to 70k) job. I was actually very excited since it’s a very reputable company around this area, and my father makes around 42k and supports our whole family, so this would be a HUGE help. The recruiter loved everything about me... until I told him I couldn’t leave the country due to visa issues (I am fully authorized to work in the U.S, and will be for years.)

Well, turns out that the company is really hell bent on flying out candidates to their HQ Office so they can get a one week “orientation” (kind of an indoctrination, to be honest) and it just wasn’t something they were willing to except me for. He had to end the interview right then. I was bummed out. This “company policy” not only was not in the job description, but my not being able to meet it was something that was absolutely out of my control (anyone who has dealt with immigration struggles knows exactly how this goes).

So...cool. I wasted my precious time and energy updating my resume, writing a detailed cover letter, emailing back and forth details about my immigration status (which is illegal for them to ask, but I digress...), prepped for the phone interview, spent a half hour talking on the phone with this guy, not to mention all the emotional energy I invested in getting this job, for nothing. All over some weird company policy which I cannot Control(ENTS). Ahhhh, made my little fastlane heart pound. I know it’s their loss, but it still stings.

One day, I say. One day.

Back to square one. Already researched new companies and sent out 5+ applications since then. At the very least, I am learning about all kinds of industries I wasn’t really aware of before.

I just want to stop feeling so useless and have some financial stability, and help my parents with the bills. Feels like an eternity since school ended.

shakamaverick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 29, 2017
New York, NY
Hey visiomari,

Awesome introduction. I found your thread cause I was curious if there was anyone on this forum fresh out of college also struggling to find a job.

I'm in a similar situation like you right now, (obsessed with Fastlane books, have a lot of energy, want to get started but feeling a little lost about exactly how)

Your quote resonated with me:
"I just want to stop feeling so useless and have some financial stability, and help my parents with the bills. Feels like an eternity since school ended."

Felt like I was reading my own mind speak.

How's your job search going on now?

Aunt Clyde

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 14, 2018
Long Island, NY
Hey Visionmari, welcome. From what your written so far, it looks like you have an excellent head on your shoulders. Job hunting is stressful. But from your posts you seem very goal oriented. So I think you'll find something soon. Good luck to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...