The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creation of my Self-Help Brand

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
I've wanted to do this for quite some time and made a million excuses for why I shouldn't but I finally got started on creating my own self-help brand.

I started about a month back on this one in particular. Right now it consists of a few social media accounts like Instagram and youtube, as well as a blog styled website.

The links for all this stuff will be near the bottom of this post if you want to shoot me some advice, or if you're interested in the subject matter.

I want to know what you guys think of the concept, maybe what kind of niche you feel might be a good fit for me and my brand. Also, any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

I'm also very aware that the video content isn't perfect. I'm very new to being in front of a camera so if you notice a lot of filler words and stumbling I promise that will become less of an issue with time.

All of this stemmed from me and my brother's efforts to create affiliate websites. We have quite a few running at the moment, a few of them have finally aged enough to get a small amount of traffic but its still largely a learning process at this time. My hope is that both our niche affiliate sites, as well as our individual brands, will provide us with a liveable income within the next year or two.

The basic premise is to express my interest in the area of Self-Help and Self Employment. The Instagram is basically only motivational quotes for the time beings. My youtube channel and website will be more focused on providing quality content.

Motivasis.com

Motivasis YouTube Channel

Instagram

Edit 4/22/2019:

I'm liking the feedback from this site, extremely brutal, no holding my hand. The idea at this moment is shit. Here's my first attempt at rectifying that.

Inclusion of scientific research and citation in both my online articles as well as my youtube videos. I've found that there is a fairly nice amount of people looking for the why's behind all this self-help mumbo jumbo. Why is Tony Robbin's information valid? Is it even valid?

Next is the inclusion of an app. There are a million and one habit forming and motivation apps out there. My initial thought is to create an app specifically targeting the audience that forms around the above idea. Including some of the better functionality I find in other top rated apps (I've created apps in the past, the execution shouldn't be an issue)

The specifics of that app are still changing, I have a few specific ideas, but that's the outline. Now tear it the F*ck up. What can I improve?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Did you read any of MJ's books? We get these types of requests all the time lately....

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Did you read any of MJ's books? We get these types of requests all the time lately....
I'm in the middle of reading unscripted . Figured using the forum would be okay before completing the book. I wanted to feel out the community. Am I breaking some kind of rule? I assumed this part of the forum was used to show what we are currently executing on.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
I'm in the middle of reading unscripted . Figured using the forum would be okay before completing the book. I wanted to feel out the community. Am I breaking some kind of rule? I assumed this part of the forum was used to show what we are currently executing on.

No but reading the millionaire fast lane and unscripted usually answers a lot of your answers on a strategic level. Many marketers in the past couple of weeks just barge in here and start spamming their sites and ebooks and courses. I suggest reading the 2 books first and than start asking questions as the questions become repetitive. You’ll most likely find the answers in those books

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
No but reading the millionaire fast lane and unscripted usually answers a lot of your answers on a strategic level. Many marketers in the past couple of weeks just barge in here and start spamming their sites and ebooks and courses. I suggest reading the 2 books first and than start asking questions as the questions become repetitive. You’ll most likely find the answers in those books
I'm asking for peer review to better and solidify my ideas. Now I'm not saying the books won't help me do this, but there is no replacement for a second pair of eyes. The book can't look at my particular situation and give it's opinion. If you think my idea is shit, just say that (I'd prefer if you gave a reason why) I'll take the criticism into consideration. I don't ask many questions in my post. I just ask that those who are interested take a look.

Side not: I'm not sure if you think I'm trying to advertise, but that's really not my intention.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
What have you done?

You're regurgitating what Tony Robbins, Tim Ferriss and every other self help wanna be has done.

No one wants to take advice from someone who has not accomplished anything. You're better off building something that adds to your credibility, become a actual millionaire, live your actual daily routine, then once you've become someone who is successful people will want to listen to you.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

A dime a dozen, Connor. Millions of other similar websites, IG and youtube channels available out there and I'm not seeing anything with yours that separates you from the herd.

The reason Maxboost is really persuading you to read the books is that you will learn all about many great business ideologies like CENTS, Productocracy, Value Competition, and Value Skews. Once you understand the concepts from Unscripted and The Millionaire Fastlane you may very well come to the conclusion that you're wasting your time with Motivasis.

View: https://youtu.be/LE4iUdRu8sw

View: https://youtu.be/Hr_sj4Cq6GM

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
What have you done?

You're regurgitating what Tony Robbins, Tim Ferriss and every other self help wanna be has done.

No one wants to take advice from someone who has not accomplished anything. You're better off building something that adds to your credibility, become a actual millionaire, live your actual daily routine, then once you've become someone who is successful people will want to listen to you.

I don't claim to have accomplished anything financially. The only major accomplishment I've made involved freelance web development, which didn't make me a millionaire just made me a working wage on my own terms out of high school. The purpose of Motivasis is to teach mental health techniques and building healthy habits. If those visiting my site are looking to become millionaires these skills are adjacent, not directly involved. That's why I point to a different resource on the site from someone who has made millions of dollars (That resource is also a test to see what kind of income can be made through affiliates) for those interested in that sort of thing.

Now I'm not arguing that my idea is unique. I know this has been done a million times. I'm looking to find a niche somewhere inside the "Self-Help" market. Regardless of if you or many of those who are awake to the idea of entrepreneurship think its a load of bull, there are many people who find comfort and motivation from learning these things. The end goal is to produce a following then create software and a course that help reinforce healthy habits.

I still appreciate the response and criticism. Even if it is a bit blunt.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

A dime a dozen, Connor. Millions of other similar websites, IG and youtube channels available out there and I'm not seeing anything with yours that separates you from the herd.

The reason Maxboost is really persuading you to read the books is that you will learn all about many great business ideologies like CENTS, Productocracy, Value Competition, and Value Skews. Once you understand the concepts from Unscripted and The Millionaire Fastlane you may very well come to the conclusion that you're wasting your time with Motivasis.

View: https://youtu.be/LE4iUdRu8sw

View: https://youtu.be/Hr_sj4Cq6GM
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Well, criticism is why I'm posting here after all. I didn't expect such an immediate backlash, but if that's the immediate response then maybe I should rethink some of my ideas. I do feel people are taking it at face value as a "Get Rich Quick" scheme, which is understandable.

Worst case, Motivasis crashes and burns, but I'll be damned if I don't learn something from the process.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Worst case, Motivasis crashes and burns, but I'll be damned if I don't learn something from the process.
If it's an option on doing Motivasis or not doing anything at all, go with Motivasis. You will learn.

However, do yourself a huge favor. Finish reading Unscripted this weekend. Then read it again during this week with a highlighter and notepad.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
What problem are you trying to solve that hasn't been crushed into the dirt already?
If it was crushed into the dirt we wouldn't have this forum, would we? Motivation spans many ideas. It's constantly evolving. Part of the process is finding out where there's a hole that needs to be filled. I can't do that effectively unless I directly involve myself in my target market.

As for what I'm doing that's new. I'm reaching out to a younger demographic. One that focuses more on social media than books. How I do that is still up in the air. Hense me posting on this forum looking to get constructive criticism. So far, all I've gotten is people taking a glance at the site and writing it off.

I assumed this would be more constructive, not destructive.

D

Deleted50669

If it was crushed into the dirt we wouldn't have this forum, would we? Motivation spans many ideas. It's constantly evolving. Part of the process is finding out where there's a hole that needs to be filled. I can't do that effectively unless I directly involve myself in my target market.

As for what I'm doing that's new. I'm reaching out to a younger demographic. One that focuses more on social media than books. How I do that is still up in the air. Hense me posting on this forum looking to get constructive criticism. So far, all I've gotten is people taking a glance at the site and writing it off.

I assumed this would be more constructive, not destructive.
Your first mistake is taking any of it personally. It's not destructive, it's critical. You should be more worried if people see you about to make a mistake and say nothing. Sites like this are popular because they are tied to an administrator with credibility (MJ). This site is also at least a decade old. What you're about to do is jump into blood-red competitive waters, where well-funded sharks have already depleted the profit food chain. But I'll leave you with that, take your risk as you may.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
So far, all I've gotten is people taking a glance at the site and writing it off.

A potential customer will do even less.

I looked at the site and only clicked one post. It was the review post. Reviews are popular and there's an available niche for people who are interested in taking courses, coaching, and other programs. They want to know they aren't wasting their money and time. That could be a good niche, but only if you spend time doing real reviews that aren't biased because you want to make some quick affiliate sales.

There were two problems for me though. First, the writing was way too dull and didn't feel at all authentic. Instead it looks like a half-assed attempt to sell me into the program through your affiliate link (which it is). Also looks like a cheap freelancer was hired to write the post.

The other problem is you have no credibility. The site is barely a blog. It doesn't speak to a younger demographic. It doesn't really speak to anyone. If I were a visitor landing here I would assume the following:

1) This guy's website either isn't finished or is and he doesn't know what he's doing.
2) This guy clearly has no audience and nobody following him.
3) This guy wasted my time to sell me affiliate products and wealth-building courses when he isn't wealthy.

If you want to operate in the self-help space, you need credibility. You need proof. People. Testimonials. Proof you've been successful with the stuff you teach. Otherwise you become a guru hack. You can make money that way too, but it won't happen very fast without spending a shit ton of money first, and you won't get very positive responses from this forum.

I want to know what you guys think of the concept, maybe what kind of niche you feel might be a good fit for me and my brand. Also, any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

My opinion is the concept sucks. If you had a niche it would be slightly better. For this kind of material you should come up with your own niche based on your own experience. Not what's a good fit for you and your "brand."

Usually the way to pick a niche is to choose a niche you can actually help, and in the self-help space people want to see that you practice what you preach. If you're selling wealth-building motivation courses, then you should be wealthy.

All of this stemmed from me and my brother's efforts to create affiliate websites. We have quite a few running at the moment, a few of them have finally aged enough to get a small amount of traffic but its still largely a learning process at this time. My hope is that both our niche affiliate sites, as well as our individual brands, will provide us with a liveable income within the next year or two.

This quote is why others are recommending you finish the book. You have "quite a few" affiliate websites and you're not earning a liveable income. This indicates a mindset and approach problem, which the book may help you solve.

If for whatever reason you continue down this path, my advice would be this:

1. Get real results doing the exact thing you teach and be ready to back them up with proof.
2. Write for the niche you are in, not the one you think will make you money fastest.
3. Improve your writing, video, funneling skills.
4. Don't post anything for sale on your website for the next year until you have an audience and a bunch of people who've thanked you for how much you've changed their lives with the free stuff.

In all honesty I don't see you making any money with the website as it is right now unless you somehow get your posts in front of the dumbest people on the planet who have a broken bullshit detector. Problem with those people is they also got no money to spend.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
As for what I'm doing that's new. I'm reaching out to a younger demographic. One that focuses more on social media than books.
Actually, not new at all.

The other problem is you have no credibility. The site is barely a blog. It doesn't speak to a younger demographic. It doesn't really speak to anyone. If I were a visitor landing here I would assume the following:

1) This guy's website either isn't finished or is and he doesn't know what he's doing.
3) This guy wasted my time to sell me affiliate products and wealth-building courses when he isn't wealthy.

If you want to operate in the self-help space, you need credibility. You need proof. People. Testimonials. Proof you've been successful with the stuff you teach. Otherwise you become a guru hack. You can make money that way too, but it won't happen very fast without spending a shit ton of money first, and you won't get very positive responses from this forum.
Lex pointed out something. Your site seems more geared to selling some course as an affiliate. Not geared towards actual, concrete help. Maybe that's content you plan to ultimately provide but right now it just seems like a half-assed attempt to sell a get rich course.

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
My interest was piqued by the title scientific explanation of the law of attraction and mirror neurons but then ... None of it is explained at all and credibility and believability go right out the window.

Can you explain this concept?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How about you use your motivational techniques to build something that will give you credibility first?

Sell a company for a few million?
Speak to a few million people?
Sell a few million fiction books?

Accomplish something first.

Then maybe go for the motivational guru route.

I don't understand, why is this so hard to understand with young people?

You can't "motivational guru" yourself to success. And just because Tai Lopez did it, doesn't mean you can.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've wanted to do this for quite some time and made a million excuses for why I shouldn't but I finally got started on creating my own self-help brand.

I started about a month back on this one in particular. Right now it consists of a few social media accounts like Instagram and youtube, as well as a blog styled website.

The links for all this stuff will be near the bottom of this post if you want to shoot me some advice, or if you're interested in the subject matter.

I'm also very aware that the video content isn't perfect. I'm very new to being in front of a camera so if you notice a lot of filler words and stumbling I promise that will become less of an issue with time.

The basic premise is to express my interest in the area of Self-Help and Self Employment. The Instagram is basically only motivational quotes for the time beings. My youtube channel and website will be more focused on providing quality content.

Motivasis.com

Motivasis YouTube Channel

Instagram
My advice is to watch this from Gary V:

And maybe check this call
out:

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I don't claim to have accomplished anything financially. The only major accomplishment I've made involved freelance web development, which didn't make me a millionaire just made me a working wage on my own terms out of high school. The purpose of Motivasis is to teach mental health techniques and building healthy habits. If those visiting my site are looking to become millionaires these skills are adjacent, not directly involved. That's why I point to a different resource on the site from someone who has made millions of dollars (That resource is also a test to see what kind of income can be made through affiliates) for those interested in that sort of thing.

Now I'm not arguing that my idea is unique. I know this has been done a million times. I'm looking to find a niche somewhere inside the "Self-Help" market. Regardless of if you or many of those who are awake to the idea of entrepreneurship think its a load of bull, there are many people who find comfort and motivation from learning these things. The end goal is to produce a following then create software and a course that help reinforce healthy habits.

I still appreciate the response and criticism. Even if it is a bit blunt.

I say it bluntly in hopes to get a point across, not to be rude to you.

You're right, the idea is not unique and you could totally spend months, years creating content for your idea. But my point is you don't have the credibility to do so. Why would I listen to you over Tim Ferris or Aubrey Marcus or even some of the members on this forum.

It's not the message its the messenger and what the messenger has done.

I am your end consumer, I am 24, obsessed with getting better and building businesses, biohacking, learning, optimizing routines and schedules. But I wouldn't listen to you because I always look at the messenger.

If you like your idea, turn Motivasis into a habit creation planner, or an app, or something that actually fulfills a need and pursue that then come back to yourself.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
A potential customer will do even less.

I looked at the site and only clicked one post. It was the review post. Reviews are popular and there's an available niche for people who are interested in taking courses, coaching, and other programs. They want to know they aren't wasting their money and time. That could be a good niche, but only if you spend time doing real reviews that aren't biased because you want to make some quick affiliate sales.

There were two problems for me though. First, the writing was way too dull and didn't feel at all authentic. Instead it looks like a half-assed attempt to sell me into the program through your affiliate link (which it is). Also looks like a cheap freelancer was hired to write the post.

My opinion is the concept sucks. If you had a niche it would be slightly better. For this kind of material you should come up with your own niche based on your own experience. Not what's a good fit for you and your "brand."

Usually the way to pick a niche is to choose a niche you can actually help, and in the self-help space people want to see that you practice what you preach. If you're selling wealth-building motivation courses, then you should be wealthy.

This quote is why others are recommending you finish the book. You have "quite a few" affiliate websites and you're not earning a liveable income. This indicates a mindset and approach problem, which the book may help you solve.

If for whatever reason you continue down this path, my advice would be this:

1. Get real results doing the exact thing you teach and be ready to back them up with proof.
2. Write for the niche you are in, not the one you think will make you money fastest.
3. Improve your writing, video, funneling skills.
4. Don't post anything for sale on your website for the next year until you have an audience and a bunch of people who've thanked you for how much you've changed their lives with the free stuff.

In all honesty I don't see you making any money with the website as it is right now unless you somehow get your posts in front of the dumbest people on the planet who have a broken bullshit detector. Problem with those people is they also got no money to spend.

Alright, I'm starting to understand a bit better where everyone is coming from. Far too early for me to be selling anything. larger mistake using a wealth base affiliate when I myself am not wealthy. That was made more as a test for page layouts more than anything, but I doubt anyone cares about that anyhow since it is open to the public.

I do specifically disagree with this part of the post, the reason I even have more than one is that we are focusing on gaining traffic through SEO. I don't know what everyone's background is and how much you know about Googles system for ranking (So excuse me if you already know this), but they have a roughly six month sandbox period where your domain is tested for frequency of posts and activity to see if you're worth ranking for specific search terms. After that period the domain continues to age and backlinks are used to increase domain authority. This is mostly just a time-consuming process, so I moved on to other projects to look for opportunities. These other sites are growing slowly. The oldest is gets around 10,000 views per month but it is in the gaming niche and is very hard to monetize and make much money off of without significantly higher volume. The other's are affiliate based, most of them are product sites and again need time to age to rank.

Either way, I appreciate the thorough response.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I do specifically disagree with this part of the post, the reason I even have more than one is that we are focusing on gaining traffic through SEO.

Can't stop you from disagreeing. You still have a mindset and an approach problem. The mindset problem is the belief that you need to "get traffic" to make money and the approach problem is the belief that you need to wait for SEO to age for that to happen.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
My interest was piqued by the title scientific explanation of the law of attraction and mirror neurons but then ... None of it is explained at all and credibility and believability go right out the window.

Can you explain this concept?
That was a quick article written for the purpose of selling that course. I agree it's lacking, something I'll rectify in the future. If this article were perfect how in depth would you want the research on mirror neurons to be? I have a few scholarly articles on the subject, but I figured people didn't give a crap about the nitty-gritty. Would it be more appealing if it were both more in-depth and not associated with an affiliate?

If you want a quick summary about mirror neurons, they are a type of neuron structure that has been observed in primates. They are responsible for the "Monkey see, Monkey do." behavior in all primates. It also affects emotional responses in humans (IE empathy), it's one of the components of subconscious communication, things like body language, minor changes in facial expression, and tone. Its relationship to the law of attraction is a stretch, but if you're the kind of person that believes mindset has an effect on reality, this is a possible explanation. Some suggest it shows a link between your emotional state and the states of those around you.

If you just want to read about the subject, the National Center for Biotechnology Information has an overview article on the subject.
Mirror neurons: Enigma of the metaphysical modular brain

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Can't stop you from disagreeing. You still have a mindset and an approach problem. The mindset problem is the belief that you need to "get traffic" to make money and the approach problem is the belief that you need to wait for SEO to age for that to happen.
Not to say traffic is the only way of making money, but are you saying its not a way at all? cause that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
The other problem is you have no credibility.

I feel like this is literally the only problem , ever , from the new age / woowoo / motivational author POV

Ive brought this up before but it should be repeated , when wayne dyer wrote his first book he purchased hundreds of them and took his life savings and literally drove around the country talking to anyone who would listen to promote his work.

Other than "self help" stuff thats actually integrating research from positive / behavioral psychology literally every possible concept was fleshed out by like...the 1930's.

So anyone hoping to make it in this market has to be selling the shit out of that sizzle. You'll be repackaging whats already been done (like esther and jerry hicks saying they had an extra set of law of attraction secrets because it was being channeled to them , or my man wayne just taking the tao te ching and spinning it for the new age crowd)

You have to focus on your brand and emotional appeal. Tony robbins doesnt give practical life advise like his mentor jim rohn did (unless ice baths and sudden trampoline sessions can be viewed as practical) , you know what he does though? He gets you energized , that mans voice could get a corpse pumped up for one more day of cold calls , he could get ice cubes psyched about the microwave. Makes you feel alive. People pay good money to feel alive.

OP this is advise not counsel , Ive never made mtself into a self help guru but , having read over 300 self help books in my youth I feel like I have a little bit of insight.

Before seeking clarity about your target audience or message or any of that basic stuff you should spend like an inordinate amount of your time focused on persuasion and charisma and take some acting classes and sales and interpersonal everything , even the pseudosxientific stuff like NLP (that tony robbins uses) , just immerse yourself in that.

Because frankly you're going to have to stand out from a huge crowd for anyone to vibe with your message (since nothing you could possibly reveal to anyone isn't old hat) , i'm not disxouraging you , just being real. Your job is to sell people hope , sell people living lives of quiet desperation a reason to not be numb , and to do it with a straight face in a way that isn't boring and hack.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Saw parts of your site, the guru space is very very crowded at the moment. Have you led/motivated people in real life? Are you mentoring anyone at the moment in person?

This doesn't have to do with your age, I mentor a few young people at the workplace, and even older folks, the only reason they really listen and seek me out is because they have seen my success with their own eyes. Intentionally or not your site gives me the vibe that you are after the "dum" people seeking self help who will just hand out money, as a knowledgable individual, I disliked it right off the bat, dollar store self vibe. Those people are out there no doubt, but you will need to get in front of them, Tai Lopez style and be charismatic but it will take a huge marketing effort(maybe in the millions) to target the dumb self help market.

A lot of money is being made in the niched self help market currently, but these guys have good credibility in their niches, I still think the classes are bullshit but they have a brand on their side so the dumb money buys.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
That was a quick article written for the purpose of selling that course. I agree it's lacking, something I'll rectify in the future. If this article were perfect how in depth would you want the research on mirror neurons to be? I have a few scholarly articles on the subject, but I figured people didn't give a crap about the nitty-gritty. Would it be more appealing if it were both more in-depth and not associated with an affiliate?

If you want a quick summary about mirror neurons, they are a type of neuron structure that has been observed in primates. They are responsible for the "Monkey see, Monkey do." behavior in all primates. It also affects emotional responses in humans (IE empathy), it's one of the components of subconscious communication, things like body language, minor changes in facial expression, and tone. Its relationship to the law of attraction is a stretch, but if you're the kind of person that believes mindset has an effect on reality, this is a possible explanation. Some suggest it shows a link between your emotional state and the states of those around you.

If you just want to read about the subject, the National Center for Biotechnology Information has an overview article on the subject.
Mirror neurons: Enigma of the metaphysical modular brain

Exactly, who wants to read a short summary about mirror neurons. If you are going to write an article, you might as well put in the effort. A good quality article with fresh thoughts or view points will make someone subscribe to you. Regurgitating crap doesn't work.

If I wrote about this, I'd give 1-2 paragraphs on what it is, then I'd go probably 3-4 paragraphs on how I specifically used this method to achieve some goals.

Instead you write this crap.

"One of the advocates of this program named XXX says I was unsure this would work for me. But, I decided to put my doubts aside and give it a try. My goal: I would have been happy with a few extra hundred a month in “bill money.” Instead, I blew way past that goal. I manifested a new passive income source that pays me 4-figures a month… “Mortgage money” and then some… And it’s only growing!”. Gonzalo is making over a million dollars per year and he says its all from the power of this program, and this is only one of the many satisfied users that found success through this program."

Yeah, I'm sure anyone reading would believe this dude makes $1M a year from this program.

BUT, if I wrote this, and I am successful, and I actually included real case studies of my life and examples, you think I could convert some people?

So I'm going to be blunt here, have you used this The Manifestation Millionaire method and if so, how much has it increased your monthly income? Because you have "certified" this course, so please tell me what parameters you use to certify a course.

"We only certify the best products and services, and this is one of the diamonds in the rough. We here at Motivasis stand by this course and give it high praise for its ability to help people achieve their dreams. Hopefully, it can help you too."

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
He's taking the criticism reasonably well. Much better than most who receive it, and certainly better than our very own Andrew Alexander.

I hope the OP takes the advice to heart and comes out successful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.