The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Fourth Lane: an introduction to the Superlane.

KonradSwart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 3, 2022
The Hague, The Netherlands
I don't exactly know how this forum works. So I just post here, and see what happens.

It seems, that I can tell that I have read The Millionaire's Fastlane somewhere.

Must that be done here?

In any case, I have read The Millionaire's Fastlane two times. One time superficially, and one time more thoroughly, and I am going through it now for the third time. But now I use it to think about every step that is in that book.

I also have read Unscripted once. I plan to go through that book a second time after I have finished The Millionaire's Fastlane now.

I know that TMF says, that ideas are just pawns, and that execution is King, marketing is Queen, the bishops stand for public relations, the knights stand for product, the rooks stand for personnel, and the pawns are standing for just ideas.

However, I am a writer and thinker. Therefore I live by producing ideas and insights. Ideas are, therefore, for me, my knights.

Being a thinker, I want to make a few remarks about TMF .

To begin with, the book is clearly the product of a genius!

Let me first define what a genius is so that you can see that this is not just the expression of a sentiment.

A genius is somebody who has tried to accomplish something in his life, starting with the ideology or presuppositions, usually unconscious, of the culture he was born into And then he noticed that he fails to accomplish his goals.

Almost all people would give up at that moment. But the future genius does not give up! Usually, this is because of some experience. But it can also be because of a question that has led to a contradiction. In MJ DeMarco's case was it seeing a fairly young somebody who owned a Lamborghini. And that experience was in contradiction with his money-consciousness, which was, at that time, that of a Sidewalker. That experience awakened the potential genius in him!

In the next step, the future genius becomes conscious of his unconscious presuppositions and sees how they block the end result he tries to accomplish. But, since these presuppositions are part of his cultural heritage, and fully determine how not only he sees the world, but also most, if not all people around him, he must make the mental step to separate himself from both these ideas and his fellow men! This then leads to a mental crisis, often a total mental breakdown. I don't know whether MJ. DeMarco ever had such a breakdown. But if he had, he would obviously not speak about it.

However, the future genius does not give up. And, because of this, his mind undergoes a transformation whereby some deep-rooted unconsciousn presupposition, some belief is exploded, and replaced by one that is in total logical contradiction with something he held as self-evident before this transformation.

Let me give an example.

Before Sigmund Freud, people believed that all mental disorders were a consequence of some physiological imbalance or damage t the brain, and nothing else could be the cause! Nobody at that time thought that it would be possible that a mental disorder could exist in a neurologically healthy brain. Nobody thought it possible that experiences in contradiction with somebodies world-view could also be the source of extreme mental disorders, even though the brain is from a medical standpoint totally healthy.

Enter Sigmund Freud. He was confronted with soldiers coming from the battlefields of WWI who had what we now call: 'Post Traumatic Stress Disorder', PTSDI. He was a psychiatrist, therefore a doctor. He could not find anything wrong with their brains. This caused a crisis in his thinking about mental disorders. And in this crisis, the idea was born that a mental disorder could also be the result of mental overload, caused by experiences that were in contradiction with the ideas these soldiers held when they went into battle. They were confronted with the most atrocious circumstances, because it was also the first war wherein the Industrial Revolution had produced the most atrocious and violent killing machines, like tanks and machine guns. Old fashion ways to go into battle led to whole battalions being killed within minutes through machine guns.

From these investigations, Sigmund Freud came up with the idea, that experiences that contradicted the common sense of people could be responsible for their mental imbalance. And this led to the invention of psychotherapy as such. That is, by exchanging with patients in such a way, so that they could integrate the experiences that caused their mental imbalance.

Before Freud, all psychiatrists, including Freud himself, thought that nothing could be done with people who were 'insane'. They just locked them up! But Freud introduced psychotherapy to people who were extremely out of mental balance, and had some success with that, although much less than claimed. And later it was also applied to people who were considered 'normal', but who did not feel well. It became a standard practice.

My point is: that the idea that Freud had about the human mind was in complete contradiction with the entire psychiatric world. Yet it was the only explanation for Freud to make sense of what he saw in soldiers with PTSD = post-traumatic stress disorder.

I also want to point out, that Freud's invention of psychotherapy has not refuted the idea, that mental disorders could be the result of brain damage or some chemical imbalance having purely physiological origins. No, he extended the number of possible causes of damage.

In the same manner, MJ DeMarco's book: 'The Millionaire's Fastlane' is the beginning of a totally new view on money. His view is in contradiction with especially one belief that exists in the minds of both the Sidewalker and the Slowlaner. And that idea is the so-called Labor Theory of Value.

The Labor Theory of Value asserts, that all value comes from labor, and labor alone. But MJ DeMarco's life shows that he succeeded to create a source of value for other entrepreneurs, through the creation of an internet service, and around that he created a business system. In other words, people can become rich through the creation of a system that provides others with value, without the need of the owners to actually work in that business system themselves. And as such it is in extreme contradiction with the idea almost everybody else in the world has concerning the concept of value!

Understanding that value does not only arise out of labor, and that, therefore, the creation of business systems that operate independently from those who create them, is a legitimate and ethical way to become rich, is a momentous paradigm shift. Moreover, that anybody can become rich if he just tries hard enough, puts in all the effort, and is willing to bear all the uncertainty that goes with it, is the genius of 'The Millionaire's Fastlane' and 'Unscripted '.

Especially in 'Unscripted ', MJ. DeMarco shows that he has become aware that his vision on money can only lead to a result for those who listen to him if they undergo the same tremendous paradigm shift concerning money he has undergone. And now he has apparently devoted his life to bringing about this paradigm shift by others.

However, I must say that there are things I think MJ. DeMarco is not aware of.

His use of the idea of Lanes is, I think, a mistake! The Sidewalk, the Slowlane, and the Fastlane are not just alternate routes to deal with money. They are stages in the development of something I call: 'money consciousness'.

Some time ago I myself have given a course in money consciousness. At that time I myself was, what MJ. DeMarco would call 'a sidewalker'. Still, even then I began to become aware of 'levels of money consciousness'. That course was, in fact, the first genuine success I had in earning money in an independent way. But since I was not aware of what it takes to be a Slowlaner, let alone a Fastlane, I did not recognize my success. So I did not exploit it. At that time the only way I saw to live in such a way that I had all the time for myself, was to just avoid becoming rich in any way!

This is because, back then, I recognized one of the things MJ DeMarco also explained in TMF. Namely, the more you have, the more you need to exert yourself to, as I put it 'uphold all that junk!'. The richer you are, as I understood it then, the more 'you were owned' by the very things you think you own. And I wanted to avoid that 'at all cost!'

Therefore I chose to live on as little as I could. However, I did choose to lead a life of studying, thinking, and meditation. So, in all the years I have lived ( am 67 now) the amount of time I have spent working for a boss is about 6 months total!
I got my income from just a few people, who recognized that I was, and still am, a thinker, and have a lot of insights and understandings not many people have. As such I have helped several people who were stuck in their lives, and to develop their mental capacities that 'unstuck' them. You might say, that I have been something of a super-psychotherapist, and even succeeded to help somebody recover from his Asperger syndrome!

These people have been so grateful, that they gave me just enough money to go by. So, I succeeded to use poverty as a way to at least be mentally free from work slavery!

In any case, in that course of 'money-consciousness', I had a classification in five stages.

1. The Poor Sod. (My name.) No money-consciousness at all! You can be a person who has not a clue about money at all because your mind does not work properly. In that case, you are a poor sod and a 'professional' beggar!

2. The Sidewalker: (My name is the Wage Slave.) The Sidewalker has at least some money-consciousness which prevents him from being a beggar. You work only for yourself. You understand, that if you earn money through a job, you can live in a house, feed yourself, and live from month to month. This is where MJ. DeMarco begins. He calls such a person a Sidewalker. I call such a person 'somebody who works for others and hasn't a clue why he is paid. He only knows that he is paid for his 'work', and that in one way or another he 'has value' for his boss. Although he hasn't a clue what 'value' is, exactly. This person 'works for himself'.

3. The Slowlaner. (My name is: the Middle Class.) The Slowlaner has more money-consciousness than the Wage Slave, the Sidewalker. The paradigm shift is this: 'you work for others'. Or, 'you get money through providing others with value'. That is the reason you are paid! The Sidewalker 'has no idea' why his 'boss' pays him! Not really! The Middle Class, the Slowlaner has some idea. This is the first paradigm shift in money. You could understand something about value, and understand that the money you get from others is not just an 'inexplicable gift' paid to you, because you do 'what the boss says'. No, as soon as you understand that there is such a thing as 'value', you can use that to become 'your own boss'. You can make not only a 'boss' pay you, but you can serve several others, your 'customers' who pay you. And you can make them pay you because, in one way or another, you are good at something they are not good at. Moreover, it makes you conscious of the fact, that you will not always have the physical or mental power to 'deliver the goods'. Therefore you are thinking about old age, and start building towards a pension. You do not do that to become rich. No, you do that just because you realize that one day, you will not be able to provide others with 'value' which, in one way or another, arises out of your expertise. But how exactly your expertise and value are connected, is something you totally do not understand!

4. The Fastlaner. (My name: the Really Rich) The Fastlaner has undergone a further transformation in money-consciousness. He 'turns around' what the Slowlaner believes. The Fastlaner let others, or something else work for him. So the paradigm shift is from 'you work for others' to 'others work for you' This is the second paradigm shift in the understanding of money. Making others, or a business system work for you.

In this paradigm shift, you understand that money does not necessarily have to flow to you directly. You can make something, traditionally called a business system, which is the 'money magnet', and which 'attracts the money for you. It is not you, but the business system, whether it is electronic or whether it consists of human resources that 'attracts' the money from those whom such a system serves. (A human resource business system was the only possibility before the inventions of machines and especially computers and the Internet.) It is the business system that is delivering the value, and therefore 'siphons' money to you. This is the paradigm shift of MJ. DeMarco. And this is what he teaches.

It is a paradigm shift, because a Fastlaner is somebody who has freed himself from the idea that it is labor that is the only source of value. A Fastlaner must make a mental transition whereby he must learn to think in terms of systems detached from himself. He must understand, that 'begging', 'working for yourself, or 'working for others' are not the only three ways to get money. You can also get money through the creation of something, a business system, an automated internet system, that does the 'working' for you.

This way of thinking is, by the way, an invention of the Dutch. It was the East Indian Company, the most successful company ever in history, that introduced the idea of a business system that became a legal entity in its own right. It was an idea that could limit the liability of those, who wanted to become rich without running into the risk of losing what they had when something went terribly wrong.

5. The Superlaner or the Super-Rich. This requires an even more thorough transformation. As far as I can judge, MJ. DeMarco himself is now making this transition from a Fastlaner into a Superlaner. This forum is one of its manifestations.

However, I will not yet explain this level of mone-consciousness here now. I think this introduction is already long enough. And, to be frank, I am still figuring out this one for myself! The only thing I want to say here is that the paradigm shift is this: A Superlaner, or a Super-rich somebody gets money through making others work for others. Or to make business systems that interact with each other.

So, to summarize, there are five levels of money-consciousness.

1. The Beggar or Poor Sod. He has no clue whatsoever what money is. The only thing he knows is that if he wants goods or services from others, he must offer them money. A beggar knows only consumption.
2. The Sidewalke or, Wage Slave. Contrary to the Beggar, he knows at least how to make others give him money. Namely through working. But he nevertheless only looks at his own interest. Therefore his work is purely and only for himself, and a reaction to what a 'boss' asks him to do..
3. The Slowlaner or Middle Classer. He works for others. He knows that money comes from delivering value. Therefore he can free himself from the necessity of a job, and become a Wage Slave. He can be 'his own boss'. He, therefore, does not work for himself, but he works for others. And that is in his consciousness as his view on money. He also believes that only work produces value.
4. The Fastlaner or Really Rich. The basic paradigm is that he frees himself from the idea that he must work for others. He tries makes others work for him. Or, thanks to the Internet, he makes 'something else' work for him. He creates 'money magnets' that preferably can operate without his presence.
5. The Superlaner or Super Rich. The basic paradigm is that he succeeds to break even through the paradigm of the Fastlaner. He himself from the idea that you can only become really rich through an outside agent working for him. He operates in such a way, that money flows toward him through constructions that make others work for others.
There is a mathematical formula that represents this. Bill Gates calls this mathematical principle: 'The Critical Mass'. Bill Gates has become the richest person in the world by using this principle in a positive way. Warren Buffett is also aware of this principle, and became the second-richest person in the world by using this principle in a negative way Elon Musk uses both Bill Gates' principle, through Tesla, and Warren Buffett's principle, through buying up social media.

Just like there are mathematical formulas that describe the Sidewalker, the Slowlaner and the Fastlaner, as described in MJ. DeMarco's books, so there is a mathematical formula that describes the Superlaner. People like Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Elon Musk know this formula! But the ability to transform this formula into action requires an extraordinary money-consciousness.

This is my introduction to this forum.

I hope this was interesting.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
Welcome to the Forum!

You've made some compelling statements; I respect how you stated that ideas are horses for you, which is totally fine. I, too, believe ideas shouldn't be looked at as pawns.

Furthermore, I'm curious about what position do you classify the product as a chess piece? Personally, I believe the horse fits its description perfectly. But in the end, we all have different points of view.
In terms of the Superfastlane, I agree with you, and it would be foolish of me not to acknowledge its existence. A perfect name for it would be The Billionaire Fastlane.

However, I might argue how the Millionaire Fastlane is actually composed of six different roads or stages, each highly correlated to an initial idea that must inevitably follow the CENTS framework.
On the other hand, the Billionaire Fastlane may look exactly the same as the Millionaire Fastlane but with a 10X+ factor value in all its operations.

But don't let that scare or intimidate you. Every great thing initiates with one step; for instance, Amazon and Apple started from a garage. Additionally, it all begins internally within oneself in order to achieve that kind of success and achievement. As Sun Tzu would put it: "Every battle is won before it's ever fought."

To wrap it all up, I will leave @MJ DeMarco 's "99% Thinking Vs. 1% Thinking." table comparison to give a better picture of what it takes for anyone who wants to adapt The Unscripted Mentality ASAP.
@KonradSwart , thank you for contributing to this beloved community of sharks here in The Fastlane Forum, and I wish you all the best! Thanks for reading.

Screenshot_20220201-192815_2 (1).png

KonradSwart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 3, 2022
I think you didn't get my point completely. But that's okay because my writing wasn't that clear.

I introduced four logical possibilities, each representing a level of money consciousness. Therefore I don't believe in roads. I believe in stages. Stages of money-consciousness. The more extensive your consciousness is, the more opportunities you see in whatever it is you have developed your consciousness. Expansion of consciousness always implies the elimination of some unconscious presupposition. Somebody who can solve differential equations is more powerful in calculating things than somebody who only knows algebra. But somebody who knows how to solve differential equations must know algebra, otherwise, he cannot solve differential equations. Algebra is therefore implied in knowing how to solve differential equations. Also, somebody who can solve differential equations must accept the idea of infinitely small quantities. And that is a break with the ordinary concept of numbers. Or somebody who knows Maxwell's equations must have a thorough understanding of Newton's mechanics. Also he must break with the idea, that forces can only result from contacts or gravitation. All expansions of consciousness occur if some belief is destroyed, so that a wider perspective, wherein more is seen as possible, emerges. That is what makes a genius distinct from somebody who is just extremely intelligent.
In the same manner, a slowlaner must have a perfect understanding of the sidewalker. And the fastlaner must have a perfect understanding of both the sidewalker and the slowlaner. They are therefore stages in mental development.
Also, you can only reach the stage of a slowlaner, if you become aware of the concept of value, and that people pay for the value they receive. This is something a sidewalker does not realize at all. He thinks that at least for him the sidewalk is the only thing he can do.
So there are four, and no more than four 'lanes', because there are only four possible. And they are all fundamentally different because each of them transcends something, is able to see beyond something that somebody of a lower lane cannot see.
Why four?
Because there are four possibilities in how you can earn money.
Although 'work' is a misnomer, I use it now to make the four fundamental possibilities clear.
1. You work for yourself.
2. You work for others.
3. You make others work for you.
4. You make others work for others.

1 Is the Sidewalk.
2. Is the Slowlane.
3. Is the Fastlane.
4. Is the Superlane.

1. Sidewalker. You earn money, just by looking for yourself. You haven't a clue what money is. This leads to a 'paycheck to paycheck life. That money is paid for value is something the sidewalker is not aware of. He hasn't a clue about what value is. And, just for the record, economists, the people who are supposed to know what value is, haven't a clue either! There is a direction in economics, called Misean economics, or Austrian economics, that asserts that value can only be defined as the importance an individual attaches to a good or service. And that is basically a full capitulation to trying to find out what value is. Because if value indeed depends on the importance an individual attaches to a good or service, then it is fully subjective. And then it cannot be defined in a general way. And that is nothing less than elevating one's own ignorance into a doctrine of economics!
Also, within economics, all definitions of value have failed. I know this, because I have made a thorough study of all theories of economic value. I did this, after I had discovered my own definition, which has served me so well that although I am not rich at all, I succeeded to live by working just 2 hours a week for decades! As a sidewalker, I admit. But this as such is, I think, an achievement!
But to continue my explanation, I go now to the slowlaner.
2. Slowlaner You begin to understand, that earning money happens through delivering value. You haven't a clue what value is, but you know that it has something to do with expertise. Therefore you begin to focus on delivering value to people, and as such you free yourself from the idea that you can only get money through working for a boss. In this step, you dare to connect directly to the market, by delivering a good or service which is the direct result of applying your skill.
This is what MJ. DeMarco calls The Slowlane.
3. Fastlaner You begin to think in terms of 'money attractors' that exist separate from you. This possibility was invented by the Dutch, through the creation of a 'legal entity' like a corporation. This 'legal entity' is, legally equivalent to a person. Only it is not a person, but a corporation that, because it exists independently from real persons, can be held liable for damages, independently from whoever owns it. In this way, if something goes wrong, investors only lose the money they have put into that legal entity, and for the rest there is no risk that they lose everything they have through being held responsible.
This legal entity can then hire persons. And if somebody working for that entity is damaged because of what he did for that company, he can only sue that company, and not the owners of that company. And that means for the shareholders, that their risk has beem limited. And that invention made the East Indian Company the biggest firm that has ever existed. If you compare it with what we now have, then the East Indian Company was bigger than Microsoft, Applen and Intel togeter.
4. Superlaner The Superlane is not just a matter of MJ. DeMarco's formula, whereby both the size of every money transaction and the number of people served worldwide go together. It is not just a matter of a very effective Slowlane. No, there is something fundamentally different about the Superlaner.
A Superlaner looks beyond the idea, that you can only become super rich through the creation of a 'money attractor' you own, or create first.
All superlaners have one thing in common. They have discovered some principle that leads to the creation of value for many. And they do not have to own it at all! It breaks with the idea, that you must look at problems people have, and then create a company that solves that problem so that people are willing to pay for it.
Bill Gates is a beautiful example of this. He saw how fast the personal computer developed. He saw that within one year the PC developed from a practically worthless Altair PC into a computer that could really do things, like word processing and spreadsheet calculation. Because he had spent much of his youth programming computers (his father had given him computer time for his birthday when he was young) he understood what a computer was potentially capable of with the right software. He understood software! I think he understood the concept of what we now call Turing Completeness. That is, any computer can represent any expertise, and can do everything that people can do with their skills. It all depends on the software, and on how fast the computer developed. He understood, given the speed with which computers developed, that the real limitation of the computer was in the software. And therefore he started a software company.
What is important to realize, is that Bill Gates ignored the market completely. He ignored the needs and wants of people, He just saw the potential of software, and went for it!
The same applies to Warren Buffett. Warren Buffett fully understood the concept of fundamental investing. The principle of Warren Buffett is incredibly simple! You might call it: 'reverse saving'.
The idea is this: if you have, say, one million dollars in a bank, and this bank gives 5% interest per year, then your yearly income is $ 50,000 per year. Therefore, conversely, if a company can pay a yearly dividend of $ 50,000, then the market value of this company is equal to one million dollars.
Therefore, if there is a company that has come into some trouble by some act of mismanagement, and its yearly dividend plunges from $ 50,000 to, say, $ 5,000, then you can buy this company, for $ 100,000, solve the problem the company has, and its market value is restored, after which you can sell it for $ 1,000,000. The result is a profit of $ 900,000
This simple idea has made him the second richest man in the world!
Again, see how Warren Buffett did not look at some market needs at all! Just like Bill Gates didn't do that!
And that idea is in violation of the Fastlane idea! That is why the Superlane is fundamentally different from the Fastlane!
I can make an equivalent analysis of Steve Jobs and Elon Musk. Each of them also became rich by not looking at some market need, but by applying a fundamental principle that transformed the market. They did not ask what people wanted. They told people what they wanted! That is something that all Superlaners have in common! And they all could do that, because of some fundamental principle that opened, or in the case of Elon Musk, opens a totally new world!

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
Hmm... Fascinating! Thanks for clarifying, this is definitely some food for thought; I would love to read a further demonstration of Elon Musk & Steve Jobs, of course, if you can explain them.

Additionally, reading your reply sparked a memory in my subconscious mind of the diffusion of innovations curve, a theory presented by Everett Rogers in 1962; even though this graph might have little relation to your thesis, I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Diffusion of Innovation Model.png

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
You're just rambling about things after getting inspired by MJ's works.

By doing an introduction to the forum where you explicitly state that the creator of the books and this community itself "missed" something and then proceed by presenting slightly augmented ideas/concepts from his books in an arrogant way, all you've really done is set yourself up to get obliterated by said community.

It's clear you're missing the big picture because you sound like someone who'd kiss Bill Gates', Steve Jobs', and Elon Musk's feet if you'd met them - because the former two revolutionized software and computers, and the latter revolutionized electric vehicles and has brought back the glamour of space exploration.

What you fail to account for is the fact that they're all sociopaths with pathological globalist agendas...

At the same time, however, it seems you felt justified coming here and openly criticizing the man who's changed hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of lives by not just helping people make more money but also mentally freeing them of some of the biggest problems a modern human being can have.

Can't you see the chain reaction he's unleashed? How many of the people whose lives he's changed have or will end up significantly contributing to human history?

Objectively speaking, he's right up there with them. So instead of "adding" to his work, analyze and be inspired by his actions just like you were with the tech giants and investors you mentioned in your OP.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
The only Superlane that I'm aware of is government corruption. Nothing beats the returns of simply taking over wealth and calling it yours :happy:

Awoken

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Dec 12, 2021
I don’t think Sidewalk, Slowlane etc translate directly to lower class, middle class as you seem to have hinted at… You can be a rich celebrity with a Sidewalk mentality. Or poor with a Slowlane mentality.

Also, I’m not sure there’s much difference between your ‘Poor Sod’ and the Sidewalk. Though, I like the name haha

An interesting perspective

Last edited:

KonradSwart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 3, 2022
You're just rambling about things after getting inspired by MJ's works.

By doing an introduction to the forum where you explicitly state that the creator of the books and this community itself "missed" something and then proceed by presenting slightly augmented ideas/concepts from his books in an arrogant way, all you've really done is set yourself up to get obliterated by said community.

It's clear you're missing the big picture because you sound like someone who'd kiss Bill Gates', Steve Jobs', and Elon Musk's feet if you'd met them - because the former two revolutionized software and computers, and the latter revolutionized electric vehicles and has brought back the glamour of space exploration.

What you fail to account for is the fact that they're all sociopaths with pathological globalist agendas...

At the same time, however, it seems you felt justified coming here and openly criticizing the man who's changed hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of lives by not just helping people make more money but also mentally freeing them of some of the biggest problems a modern human being can have.

Can't you see the chain reaction he's unleashed? How many of the people whose lives he's changed have or will end up significantly contributing to human history?

Objectively speaking, he's right up there with them. So instead of "adding" to his work, analyze and be inspired by his actions just like you were with the tech giants and investors you mentioned in your OP.
Well, well! You make all kinds of assumptions about me, without checking them!

Concerning the ideological side of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett. Apart from Bill Gates' success in his principle about software, and Warren Buffet's genius in applying fundamental investing, it might surprise you to hear, that I consider them both to be deluded leftists, who do not really understand what value is, and how it is connected to money.
Warren Buffett and Bill Gates are probably sociopaths. So I agree with you there.

George Soros is even worse! George Soros has a mental disorder that causes him to enjoy uncertainty! That makes him even worse than a sociopath! He is a psychopath! And it is this particular mental disorder that has made him a billionaire! So George Soros is even more deranged than either Bill Gates or Warren Buffett, both of whom do not understand how society is supposed to function. That is why they defend a social order that violates human nature completely! They should take a close look at mainland China, and look at what their 'ideal society' would look like if it would ever become a world order! A complete nightmare!

And, concerning MJ. DeMarco. He is not only a genius but also somebody who is, as far as I can see, somebody who really wants to make a difference for the best. As such I admire him very much!
There is just one thing I find missing in his entire approach. He believes, that his approach towards money can only be followed by the few, and who make extreme sacrifices. Apart from when you are lucky, of course.
But if you have discovered a better way, and it is also true that only a few can follow it, is it then really an improvement? Have you really found something that will change the world?

I don't think so!

What I see, is that MJ. DeMarco is at a crossroad. He is a genius because he has understood, that it is possible for any individual who commits himself to become rich, to have a greater chance to succeed than he might think. His whole ideology sheds an entirely new light on the concept of value and its connection to money. He might not be aware of it, but his whole ideology, because that is what it is, is in full contradiction with the way virtually everybody else is 'programmed' to think about money Namely that money is the result, in one way or another of the so-called Labor Theory of Value.

Both the Sidewalker and the Slowlaner believe that value is, to begin with, something positive. I think MJ DeMarco thinks that, too. But contrary to the Sidewalker and the Slowlaner, MJ DeMarco has freed himself from the idea, that value only arises out of labor. But, as far as I can see, he does not understand it in those terms. I suspect that he has never thought about the concept of value in general, and thinks that he knows what it is, without really having thought about the concept of value and its meaning in a general way.

The concept of value is like the concept of time. Everybody uses the word 'time', but virtually nobody knows what time is, and only physicists are aware of that, indeed, everybody is ignorant about even their ignorance about time. Most people not only do not know what time is, but they do not even know that they do not know what time is!

Value? The same thing. Everybody uses the word 'value', and thinks to know what it is. But only a handful of economists know that nobody really knows what value is! This fact has caused economics to come to a grinding halt! It has never developed into a proper science!

Most people, including lots of economists, are completely ignorant about even their ignorance about value! At least all physicists know that time is a problematic concept. But most economists are even ignorant about their own ignorance about value, just like everybody else!

Nevertheless, we have intuitions about value, just as we have about time. Some have a deeper intuition about value than others. MJ. DeMarco has a far deeper intuition about value and money than Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, or George Soros, all of whom are either Communists or Socialists, and for that reason alone are completely deranged. And that is something MJ. DeMarco definitely is not!

I think the ideology of MJ. DeMarco is the right way, but I see it as incomplete! Why incomplete? Because he does not see, how we can have a society wherein virtually everybody is a fastlaner! (I haven't read his latest novel. Maybe he shows in that book how such a society looks like, and how it can 'run'.) He cannot imagine what a world consisting of only fastlaners would look like. And that is mainly because he does not see how money and society are connected. In economic terms,

MJ. DeMarco's ideology is basically a form of micro-economics. But what is missing is a macro-economic perspective. If it would have that, it would be complete, and lead to a tremendous revolution in society, transforming it in a way whereby the Industrial Revolution would be child's play in comparison!

I myself have been working on both micro-economics and macro-economics. I look at money not only from the perspective of the individual but also from the perspective of society as a whole. My description of the surprising nature of value, a hint of which I have shown below, learned from Frédéric Bastiat, seen from the perspective of society as a whole, is an example of this. And in the two books I have read from MJ. Demarco, I have nowhere found any statement that shows to me, that he is aware of money from the perspective of society as a whole!

I have been thinking about, and studying money for, I think, about 30 years now. And I succeeded to go to the bottom of understanding value and money, and have discovered some amazing things. At least, when I saw them they took my breath away. And I have seen that they do the same by others. Things, that go right against what everybody believes about money!

Let me give just a little demonstration.

Most people think that value, whatever it is, is a positive thing!

But is it really?

There was a French thinker, by the name of Frédéric Bastiat, who lived from 1801 to 1850, who gave an argument against that belief that only a very few people got! Frederic Bastiat was the greatest economist who ever lived, but he has been practically forgotten because he died prematurely while writing his main book, with the title Harmonies Economique, translated as: Economic Harmonies. This book is unfinished. Not only in their writing, but also in the development of his theory. It contains a huge flaw, which has caused almost everybody to miss his genius breakthrough!

He was an absolute genius because he discovered something that goes right against what everybody believes about value and money. Namely, that value is a positive thing. Suggesting that value as such is a problem to be solved, is so outlandish, that virtually nobody has picked up on it. In the middle ages, everybody who would assert that God does not exist would have been considered insane. And Fréderic Bastiat also said something completely insane about value, but was nevertheless right. Namely that value is something negative.

His argument is somewhat like this: suppose you live in a world where everything is free, and every wish you have could, and will be fulfilled instantaneously. Say, by magic. In this world everybody is a sorcerer, having unlimited magical power. Do you want a big house? Bam! Wave your hand, and there it is! Do you want a car? Khazoom! There it is. But why would you want a car in that world? You can just wish to go wherever you want, and, whammo, there you are! You can instantly teleport yourself to wherever you want to go. So, imagine a world wherein everybody is a Q, like in Star Trek, The Next Generation, and Star Trek Voyager.

Okay. Now ask you this. Would value, in this imagined world of magic, exist? Would there be, in this world, people who produce, buy, and sell? Just think of it. And you must come to the conclusion, that value would not exist in that world!

In other words, in a world where everybody can get everything he wants instantly and effortlessly through magic, value would not exist!

Or, to put it even more bluntly. In that world, every good and every service would have ZERO value! And that is why no buying or selling would occur in such a world!

But, we do live in a world wherein value exists. Therefore, and conversely, value is a measure of how far we are removed from a world wherein we can do and get everything we want effortlessly and instantly. And therefore value is something negative! And therefore value is something that should be destroyed, and not created!

Insane, don't you think? Still, where is the flaw in this logic?

There isn't a flaw in this logic. But if this is so, what does it really say about the meaning of earning money? If you can answer that question, you have arrived at a very deep understanding of value and money!

To conclude, just a word about Elon Musk. For me, it is not clear whether he is a sociopath. After all, he calls himself a Libertarian. I call myself a trans-Libertarian. However, the one thing that might show that he is a sociopath, is that he had set up factories in China to make his cars. In other words, he became rich through wage slavery. But is this proof that he is a sociopath or just proof that he hasn't thought deeply enough about money? People are never perfect, you know. And I only began to see the malicious nature of the CCP just before the CCP Flu pandemic spread over the world, and more people began to become aware of this also. It was about 4 years ago, that I began to investigate the daily life of the Chinese citizens, and I was shocked about how nightmarish this was because of the so-called Communism with Chinese Characteristics, which is just Nazism on steroids!

Also, when I look at the actions of Elon Musk, I suspect that he has my understanding of money, which I just recently acquired after a tremendous brain wave in one of my meditations. And if he hasn't, I think he must be close to it! In any case, I am now writing a book about value and money, wherein I intend to clarify fully what value is, what money is, and how value and money are connected. And that not only from a micro-economic point of view, but also from the point of view of society as a whole. It is a society wherein, indeed, everybody will be a fastlaner! As such I consider MJ. DeMarco as one of my teachers, without whom I would never have had that brainwave!

By the way. I already have written two books about money. One can be ordered on Amazon Kindle. The other one, a more technical book, can only be ordered directly from me. The reason why I am not pointing this out very often is that although both books explain value and money, and how these two are connected, they do not contain the result of the brainwave I just mentioned. Moreover, the focus of both books is also mainly micro-economics, although some connection between micro-economics and macro-economics is present in either book.

Before these two books I also had written another book about money, which is a full-fledged textbook about value and money. It deals completely with micro-economics, macro-economics, economics with intervention of governments, and also the negative effects of the meddling with money of bankers. But I haven't published it, because it contains a huge mistake, which was pointed out by one of my students who had studied it. I then decided to start anew. Also, that first book is written in Dutch.

If you are nevertheless interested in one of my books, type Konrad Swart in the search box of Amazon Kindle, and my book will appear. It has as its title: 'The Six Foundations of Money'.

However, I must warn you that that book is written by a sidewalker! (Me!) Maybe that warning is enough to put you off! I don't care. That book was not written as a vehicle to become rich! It was just written to make people understand what value is, what money is, and how these two are connected. It is the result of about 30 years of investigation into the nature of value and money, by a sidewalker!

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
And Fréderic Bastiat also said something completely insane about value, but was nevertheless right. Namely that value is something negative.

His argument is somewhat like this: suppose you live in a world where everything is free, and every wish you have could, and will be fulfilled instantaneously. Say, by magic. In this world everybody is a sorcerer, having unlimited magical power. Do you want a big house? Bam! Wave your hand, and there it is! Do you want a car? Khazoom! There it is. But why would you want a car in that world? You can just wish to go wherever you want, and, whammo, there you are! You can instantly teleport yourself to wherever you want to go. So, imagine a world wherein everybody is a Q, like in Star Trek, The Next Generation, and Star Trek Voyager.

Okay. Now ask you this. Would value, in this imagined world of magic, exist? Would there be, in this world, people who produce, buy, and sell? Just think of it. And you must come to the conclusion, that value would not exist in that world!

In other words, in a world where everybody can get everything he wants instantly and effortlessly through magic, value would not exist!

Or, to put it even more bluntly. In that world, every good and every service would have ZERO value! And that is why no buying or selling would occur in such a world!

But, we do live in a world wherein value exists. Therefore, and conversely, value is a measure of how far we are removed from a world wherein we can do and get everything we want effortlessly and instantly. And therefore value is something negative! And therefore value is something that should be destroyed, and not created!

Insane, don't you think? Still, where is the flaw in this logic?

Thanks for the reply. You raised some interesting points.

However..

The world you speak of does not exist. And if it did, it would go complete against human nature and backfire on us and ultimately lead to our destruction.

After all, why build and strive for anything when you already have everything?

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
However, I must warn you that that book is written by a sidewalker! (Me!) Maybe that warning is enough to put you off! I don't care. That book was not written as a vehicle to become rich! It was just written to make people understand what value is, what money is, and how these two are connected. It is the result of about 30 years of investigation into the nature of value and money, by a sidewalker!

Warm steamer of a thread here...

Have you thought about putting some of that 30 years of research into action and actually proving your theories with results? An unproven hypothesis is just a guess.

KonradSwart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 3, 2022

Have you thought about putting some of that 30 years of research into action and actually proving your theories with results? An unproven hypothesis is just a guess.
Proof or disproof belongs to mathematics and physics. That is not what economics is about.

I once had a dialogue with a Dutch professor, who used mathematical logic to erect a theory of society.

I proved to him that such a theory is impossible, by using his very own means.

The argument is based on the same logical formula, that Alan Turing used to crack the Enigma coding machine of Nazi Germany. It is also the same formula the most important book of Karl R. Popper is based on. The book wherein Popper proved that there is no such thing as philosophical induction. That is, a logical way to derive theories from facts.

The formula is this one: ~A -> (A -> B)

This formula is a tautology. In words it says: if something is not the case, then, if something is the case, anything follows from it. And in plain text it says: everything follows from a contradiction.

The logical converse of this statement is: that if you want to prove that a theory is free from contradictions, it is both necessary and sufficient to show one statement, that does not follow from the theory.

This statement is, because it does not follow from the theory, of course, false according to the theory. But that is not the point. The point is, if no such statement can be made, then there are no 'falsifiers', which means that there cannot exist anything that goes against the theory. But a theory that does not allow for falsifiers is equivalent to a tautology, and, by this very reason, does not say anything.

For example, if I ask you: 'does it rain?' And you answer: 'either it rains or it doesn't, you have given an answer to my question. But because this answer does not exclude anything, it says nothing. In mathematics and philosophy, such statements are called: 'tautologies'. In the same manner, if a theory in general does not exclude anything, it is not a theory but a tautology.

The problem with all economic theories is this: An economic theory is ultimately a theory about the behavior of people. But such a theory in the sense you envision is absolutely impossible!

Why?

Because if you have a theory about human behavior, or even just about a group of people, then these people can learn about the theory, learn what it says. And if it is a real theory. One that is not a tautology, there must exist some behavior, that is, according to the theory, impossible for those people to perform. But, if this theory is known by these people, or by this group of people, they must be able to imagine an exception. Otherwise the theory cannot be falsifiec. But if they can imagine that exception, they can perform that exception. and execute an action that contradicts the theory, which should be impossible if the theory is a real scientific theory. And that means, that there cannot be a falsifier of such a theory, and therefore it is not a theory containing information. The theory is either a tautology, in which case it says nothing. And if it is not a tautology, anyone knowing this theory about himself is able to show that he can do things the theory says must be impossible for him to do, and therefore the theory is false..

This also means that, within economics, a theory of the kind you imagine, cannot exist.

The only kinds of economic theories that can exist are theories that do not deal with human behavior as such, but with their consequences. Or, to be precise, whenever somebody performs an action, he 'operates on the world'. He 'operates on entities of the world'. And there laws of nature of a probabilistic nature exist. And when that happens, you can investigate what, according to all the other sciences, in particular mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology, its most likely consequences are. And then you can determine whether these are consequences, or results you want. And, most importantly, how fast you can achieve the results you want.

And that is where the concept of economic value comes in.

Economic value is, in its last analysis, connected to production. Therefore the only thing you must do to develop a theory of economics that can show us how we must act, as a community, what laws we must pass, and which laws are not allowed to exist, so that everybody has the opportunity to become, by his own actions, as wealthy as possible.

At present, wealth does not occur for almost all people.

Do you know what economic theories now are, at present? They are just apologies for ideologies. The Intrinsic theory of value is an apology for wars. The Labor Theory of Value is an apology for fascism, socialism and communism. The Utility + Scarcity theory of value is an apology for taxation, and therefore for Democracy, which divides people into two classes: those who pay taxes, and those who receive it.

In democracies you can have geniuses like Donald Trump become president, but also demented, corrupt sociopaths like Joe Biden. Also, democracies do not combat structural corruption like Fractional Reserve Banking, leading to the terrible consequence that people in our society can become billionaires through political corruption like what happened with people like Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi and her husband. Also, because the taxations can be far higher than under Kingdoms (10% was the maximum KIngs could levy) a tremendous economical power comes into the hands of economic nitwits, who spend it, among other things, on arms races. One democracy spends a lot on weapons, Another democracy feels threatened by it, and also begins to spend it on weapons, etc etc. This is why under democracies world wars emerged for the first time in history! Napoleon was the first who created a world war! Democracy and large wars that destroy societies always have gone hand in hand. Even in ancient Greece, in Athens where the first democracy existed, and, with it, lots of money could be collected by a few, these people of Athens were as stupid to attack Sparta! And in the process they destroyed both Athens and Sparta!

Now, what my theory does, is first produce the one and only correct explanation of value! And, with it, I have identified the flaw in all four other theories of value.

The proof of my theory is that it explains exactly what economic value is. All I have explained it to up till now, have admitted that my definition of value is indeed the theory of value. It is a breakthrough within economics that is comparable with the breakthrough Darwin had when he formulated the theory of evolution. It is thanks to Darwin, that biology is a genuine science. Likewise, my breakthrough will transform economics into a genuine science.

From it, it is possible to derive the only social order that can give everybody an opportunity to become a Fastlaner. In fact, in the social order as I envision it, the Fastlane of MJ DeMarco is the only way people can even function! I can show how a society consisting of only Fastlaners looks like! And I can tell you, it is not a democracy! It is a meritocracy! A meritocracy, wherein there are no politicians, and there is no room for any politics, and therefore all wars will end. The demand to make a living rests plainly on the shoulders of every individual!

How is this possible?

A sound economics can replace the need for all politics!

How?

It would take too long to explain here. But let me give a very important hint.

Politicians, and many other people think that selfishness and altruism are in contradiction with each other. All social orders fail because of selfishness. That is what they all claim!

They are wrong!

Just consider this. If somebody works for money, or, more generally, produces for money, his motives might be as selfish as they can get. But what he does is for the benefit of others. Namely for the benefit of those he hopes to sell to what he produces. Also, the judgment of whether what he produces has value does not lie with the producer, but it is in the hands of those who contemplate buying from him, or not! MJ. DeMarco said it well in his book: 'The Millionaire's Fastlane'. 'Being your own boss' is an illusion. As a 'boss', you are employed by those you want to sell to. So those to whom you intend to sell are your bosses! You can only be 'your own boss' if you have earned so much money, and manage it well, that you no longer have to produce anything for anybody.

But, returning to the point. If you produce for money, you do that to benefit yourself. But your actions are for the benefit of others! Also, the control lies with those others, and not with you!

Therefore, if we have a proper theory of value, and, from that, we derive a form of money that is completely sound, we move into a direction whereby all politics, and with it, all wars can be put to an end. Moreover, in such a society everybody becomes of necessity a fastlaner! Because that is the only way left to take care of yourself. Also, because the money in such a society is sound, it will be for everybody a real lot easier to be able to take care of themselves! In fact, for virtually everybody, it will be peanuts!

I have made a YouTube video wherein I have shown this aspect of money.

I don't know whether this forum allows for links, but here it is!

View: https://youtu.be/H6nD5zLHcKY

The amazing thing about this new world order, as I envision it, is that we all take care of each other, through money, because we all want to take care of ourselves! Or, to say it loosely, altruistic behavior stems from selfish motives!

Adam Smith said it: as the video shows. 'It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our next dinner, but for their regard for their own interest!' I found this one of the most amazing eye-openers I have ever read! Taken to its full consequence, we can have a society wherein we all create such a tremendous abundance, that everybody can live like the multi-millionaires now.

Impossible? Compare the lives of the richest Pharaos to those of any Western citizen with a minimum wage. And you will see that all his wealth does not compete with what even the poorest of the poor in America or Europe have!

I know that I will sound, for most people, completely insane! Democracy leads inevitably to world wars? Preposterous! ! I think that most people think that I am insane! But that is also what they said about Copernicus and Darwin! And in the Middle ages, everybody who did not believe in the existence of God was also considered insane!

So, how insane am I?

Last edited:

KonradSwart

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 3, 2022

Oh yes! One more thing!

I indeed have an idea of a really practical action I can undertake. It requires some studying, and I even must use my knowledge of computer programming for that. I hope to explain that in a future article.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...