The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100 Days of Action Challenge

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Hello, my name is Isaac. I'm a 23 year old living with my mom and brother in LA.

Backstory:
I created my first business in 2016. It was a great, visionary idea and I knew it would help so many people. My organization would revolutionize the music industry by giving college students across the world access to resources and networks to make it in the music industry.

However, I had no know-how and I floundered as my foundations for a business were close to none. I did, on the other hand, have my mentality shifted in ways it otherwise couldn't have.

I dropped out of Berkeley in 2018, and worked on my first business full-time. Or at least until things got tedious and boring. Long story short, I put aside that business, delegating it to others.

Within that long story, I had also met a painter the same age as me. Her passion and beauty was and is addicting and I intend to spend my life with her. And so began my search to find a means of creating sustainable wealth...

Having spent approximately 4 years working as a manager/marketer/consultant/promoter/designer/content creator (you get it) for EDM artists, I felt as if I had no marketable skills. I found myself coming back to TFF in order to find some direction when I came across @Sean Marshall 's digital marketing course. I fit right in. In fact, I had been doing digital marketing all along without knowing it. Turns out, businesses need branding, distribution, and management just as much as musicians do.

Essentially, my business helps dentists with their digital marketing.

Now, I am driven to become a world class digital marketer as a hobby. At the same time, I am learning leadership, creating systems, developing operations, and otherwise scaling my business and offering everything I know, and will know, to my customers through my great company.

My measurable goal is: $10k/month in profit by the end of the 100 days, or sooner.

So, here's the challenge I'm submitting myself to:
I will commit to updating my progress every single day for 100 days. I will post what I accomplished the day before, and what I intend to do throughout the day.

As a result, you guys will have a detailed breakdown of what's going on with my efforts, at least from where I am beginning to share. I hope I can inspire someone to take action because, somewhere in these 100 days, I know I'll begin to see some great results.​

Let's begin!

Day 1
Catching up:
I've been doing "digital marketing" for about 2 months now. I got Sean's course late December and during this time, I learned the in's and out's of digital marketing. Since then, I've created a website, I've began to develop operations manuals, and I've began helping clients. I've learned PPC, SEO and content creation, reputation marketing and management, email marketing, social media marketing and advertising, and web development. In a few days, I will get a sample kit of business cards and will finally get to get my own cards!

Currently, I am helping three "clients".
I am not getting paid for these clients but hear me out. I'm using each as an opportunity to develop my systems and operations.

The first is a Chiropractor. I ran into the physician in a personal development training. He is struggling with his business so much that he's had to part ways with an assistant. He's a great guy who just doesn't seem to get the nuances of marketing. He is an amazing chiropractor who's family is filled with dentists. The plan is to revive his business with my service. After, I will ask politely to be referred to his colleagues.
  • His website is a mess. One button to schedule an appointment. The other two buttons are in a page that is hidden way in the back of a dropdown menu.
  • His social media strategy is nonexistent. Any content seems to be content good enough for any medium.
  • His content is borderline, no, IS spam. On top of that, he's paying someone to copy and paste those for him.
The second is a Mexican Restaurant. I met the owner when I was eating at their restaurant. Their business is doing very good, but not great. They have 125 Yelp review with a 4.5 star rating. They have 140 review on Google with a 4.7 rating. However, they believe that they need to be on the explore page of Instagram and are hiring a videographer to create content for them. The plan is to help them understand why they shouldn't be shifting their marketing plans to social media and instead leverage their strengths with review sites. Okay, this business, I'm really getting nothing in return. I just spent about an hour looking through their website, social media, and review listings, got a feel for what's working for them and will give them a consultation over the phone for free and hang up. I'll do this today.

The third is a Leadership Training Company. It's the company where I met the chiropractor. The owner is a great guy who's impacted hundreds, if not, thousands of young and older individuals and families. He's been working with me to develop my mentality, my commitments, and so on. But he's really struggling. The plan is to revive his company with my services. He is incredibly well-connected (multi-millionaires regularly meet with this guy and go through his trainings) and he knows many dentists too.

Today, I will do the following:
  1. I will provide the Mexican Restaurant with a free consultation and leave them far better off than before I called them.
  2. I will begin the transfer of the Training Company's domain from GoDaddy to Shopify (They're having their website built by another company).
  3. I will create a system that will help me obtain, store, and access all necessary data of a client.
  4. I will resolve the Training Company's G Suite issue by calling Google customer service.
  5. I will create an in-depth and holistic digital marketing strategy and post it here.
  6. I will create a breakdown of the strategy into daily or weekly actionable items and post it as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I called the owner of the Mexican Restaurant. He is currently in Tijuana, Mexico and asked to call back later. I noticed that during my call, I was not speaking very eloquently. Note to self, I could definitely use a script when it comes to dealing with future customers.

I ran into some issues in attempting the domain transfer. The coach has had MULTIPLE third-parties work on his marketing. His domain was created by an LLC in Arizona, his website by another, and his new website again, by another. After getting all this stuff cleared up, another task is going to be consolidating all his contact information so that in the future, we no longer have to deal with time lost from trying to get into different emails.

Transferring the G Suite is a pain. A while ago, he created a G Suite account but failed to verify the account. Now, his account has been removed and we have to go through a convoluted process with customer service to get it back online.
(Update) Turns out that the account was totally removed and all we need to do is create a new account.
His information is everywhere across the board so I made a Google Sheet where I will have all of his login information. Is this safe?

Had an EDM artist who was my business partner in the last one reach out. He asked if I can help his career with marketing. I agreed and said I would be down to take a percentage of the profits generated through my services for him. The issue is that I can't say how much that will be. However, it will take as much time as working on a full blown dentist practice. Note to self, don't accept clients so easily.

Also, I made the decision to close our LLC, the music one, for good. Well, actually, I plan to have them sign themselves off of the LLC, take full control of it myself, and just change the name of the LLC. My reasons are they there are taxes that I have yet to finalize and don't want to face that just this moment. I don't want to wait for or pay again for creating a new LLC. And I don't want to have to deal with creating a new bank account.
  • I will do some research on the legality on this
  • I will cancel all recurring payments that have been going on for needless services
  • I will transfer the payments of the websites, G Suite, and other costs for that business onto the school organization that is the primary beneficiary.
  • I will change the LLC name, Bank name, etc to my new business

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Day 2
Yesterday, I didn't get much done in terms of actually helping my clients. I set up a G Suite and and looking to transfer the coaching client's domain but he has yet to get back to me with the authorization code.

I started planning the coach's digital marketing strategy but have yet to complete that.

Today's going to look like a lot of follow up work.
  • I will get permission from some people before I can begin actual work on the Chiropractor. (They require permission to prevent MLM).
  • I will call the Mexican Restaurant, I'll call the husband again and if he's still unavailable, I'll just ring his wife. I'm taking too long with someone I'm helping for free.
  • I will do some work with G Suite, creating aliases and downgrading the payment so that he isn't overcharged.
  • I will schedule to call the EDM artist. Way different market so I'm expecting things to not work out anyways. I'll give it my go since I gave him my word. Could be interesting
  • Plan coach's digital marketing strategy.

Last edited:

redplant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 5, 2018
You seem to have a good handle of things. Will be keeping an eye out for this thread. Good luck.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Day 3
Gooooood morning Everyone! I'd like to start off today with a quote by William Blake. It's been a philosophy I've held as true. Not an excuse to be a materialist or anything but I do think it's grounded in the reality of our psyche.

“The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom...You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough.”

What I accomplished yesterday:
  • I created all the aliases I could think of, for the G Suite and organized the email so that the incoming mail gets sectioned into the proper categories. From here on, it should be smooth sailing, at least in that department.
  • I learned that the business Domain By Proxy is owned by GoDaddy. So, I would have to access the client's email and find out how to access his account through that service. Shouldn't be a problem.
  • I've worked on the overall strategy and will complete it before noon today. I'll post it here.
  • I called the Mexican Restaurant, again, but they postponed it, again. I know my strategy will help them a lot when it comes to getting their head around the big picture but also I can't keep going to them just to help. I've told the husband that I'll be available with the strategy when he's ready so he can reach out whenever.
  • Note to self, I spent approx 1 hour with a Yelp! salesman who was really pushing his PPC onto me. Funny, I told him I understand the value of it and that I would as soon as I begin scaling my business and start looking for more clients. However, he was persistent. It was my fault for not being upfront with him and not valuing my time which caused me to lose an hour of my day.
  • Besides that, I spent much of my day creating a plan to help this man who had his 2015 Nissan Altima stolen in Garden Grove. He has 9 kids, 4 of which are fosters. One child has cerebral palsy and one has autism. The plan is to raise enough money and donations to get him a new mobility van, a wheelchair (which was in the car), and money for medical necessities for his child. One of the actions I'll be taking is reaching out to the PR departments of Nissan, Toyota, etc to see if they'd be interested in donating a whole van. I don't know him or anyone related to him personally. If you know anyone who would like to help, I would appreciate it!
What I will accomplish today:
  • I'll get the authorization code come hell or high water. Then, I'll have the domain transferred from GoDaddy to Shopify. I don't think it's the best platform but I'm not doing the web dev for this client :/
  • I'll finalize the strategy by 6pm. Down to the nitty gritty like setting up Amazon affiliate marketing and linking to books from the website.
  • I'll work on creating my operations for Reputation Management & Marketing as well as creating a reporting system for that. This shouldn't take too long.
  • Once the domain is transferred, I'm gonna have a lag time where I wait for the web developer to finish the skeleton and I'll help him write some copy for the content.
  • I'm going to set up and integrate Google analytics into the website.
  • Going to read 2 hours of Extreme Ownership
I realize that I'm helping a lot of clients and pouring in many hours of work. It's reassuring to know that they are connected with my ideal clientele, that my work is nowhere near perfect right now (the fact that I haven't already started creating massive value for these guys says a bit), and that I will do whatever it takes to help them profit more than my sticker price ($1,500; $2,500; or $5,000 depending on what they want).

See you guys soon!

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Coaching Client's Digital Marketing Strategy

This is my first in-depth digital marketing strategy for a client. Critique desired!
I've broken down the strategy to each of the services I would offer a client if they chose my full-service package.
Note: The client is working with another party to help them with web development and PPC. I'll work alongside both parties to assist in the web development.​

General Stuff
Audience:
This Coaching is for people who know that they are capable of embodying someone greater than the one which they currently are.
We will focus on people who are taking a proactive approach to changing their behavior and, thus, their lives.
Our promise is that by engaging with our training, you will be empowered with all the tools necessary to create lasting change and you will coached in taking the steps to transform your life.​

Website
The website will be hosted on Shopify. The party working on the website has experience creating a few Shopify websites but I am worried about using Shopify as our platform because it is limiting in design (I'm a sucker for aesthetics), may prove to be more costly long-term, and WP is far superior for hosting content and is slightly better in SEO. However, we'll roll with it.

What I'll do (or help the other party do)
  1. SEO Blog Integration
  2. newsletter Signup
  3. Website Analytics
    1. I will create a Google Analytics profile and integrate analytics and designate conversion pages.
  4. Create a separate landing page for course sales
  5. Create pages for Content, About, Services, Contact, FAQ, Testimonials/Case Studies
  6. Write copy to fill in the pages
  7. Add Amazon affiliate book links

PPC

Unfortunately, I won't be doing any PPC which I would have been most passionate about. However, I will give pointers to the other party on how they can use conversion tracking to optimize their PPC efforts.

SEO
  1. Content Creation
    1. I will find content ideas from contentforcoaches.com/articles-titles/
    2. I will write up a short article
    3. I will work with the coach to film a short video
    4. I will post one piece of content every two days
  2. Internal Structuring
    1. I will restructure URLs
    2. I will link the sitemap to Google, Bing, and Yandex
    3. I will edit the H tags
    4. I will create meta descriptions for Search Engine display
  3. Link Building
    1. I will create infographics and offer guest posts
    2. I will create pages on review listing sites
  4. SSL (TLS)
  5. Pagespeed Optimization
    1. I will resize images to proper sizes
    2. I will run the website through CDNs
  6. Indexing
    1. I will link the website to Google Search Console
  7. Reporting
    1. Analyze and report the number of clicks and engagement of each SEO article.
    2. Report new backlinks created through link building strategies

The aim here is to provide real value for our audience by getting them content that they could use to further transform their life. Another aim is to remarket to past students and to get them to upgrade into the next course.
  1. Emails will be sent every other week with the SEO article to every email list.
  2. Emails will be sent month with a community update & news & product updates to emails that have at least signed up for the first course.
  3. Remarketing Strategy
    1. All new emails will be put into a list. They will be sent automated sales emails for the 1st course. It will let them know when it is and offer a discount.
    2. Attendees will have their emails moved to the next list, where they will be sent automated sales emails for the 2nd course.
    3. Attendees will have their emails moved to the next list, where they will be sent automated emails for the 3rd course.
    4. After they complete the 3rd course, they will no longer receive remarketing emails.
    5. All remarketing emails should not be spam. To ensure this, all efforts to obtain emails should be done with the proper audience in mind.
  4. Reporting
    1. Report of the open and click rates for each email and the trends.
    2. Analyze and report the conversion rates of each email.

Reputation Management

This client does not want to be on reputation management listings. However, I will advise him that the conversations about his brand will be continuing elsewhere anyway and that it is better to be proactive and have a say as the conversation is happening. I don't see platforms like Yelp or Google My Business being a strong means of getting new clients but I do see the value of shaping the conversation and also reassuring the potential client with great reviews if he or she looks up the company. The client is already listen on GMB with a 4.5 rating with 8 reviews. The strategy here is to get more quality reviews with great keywords. Their reviews on Facebook are similar
  1. Create a listing on Yelp
  2. Create a brochure that will help clients review. By doing so, we will incentivize reviews that go into detail and cover the keywords by reminding the clients what value they've received.
  3. Offer the brochure and ask clients to leave a review on FB and Yelp for a small discount on their next course. This guarantees that the reviews will be coming from clients who are looking to purchase the next course because they've found value in the first.
  4. We can have a laptop or two ready to facilitate this.
  5. Review listings daily.
  6. Reporting
    1. Report negative reviews (3 stars or less) immediately to the coach. Work with him to create a meaningful response that will address the worries of the individual and of those who will read the review.
    2. Report monthly on reputation trends.

Social Media Content
I'm going to focus on Facebook & Instagram. The reason being, I do see the potential for Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and other large mediums for being effective. However, I don't think it would be worth the time investment. When I move on from this client, they may not have anyone to cover. However, with Facebook and Instagram, I believe I can help lay a foundation which they can repeat.

General:

1. Update all information to accurately reflect changes and to reflect a single brand message.
  2. Optimize Instagram and Facebook bios to build more trust and to convert more followers.
  3. Get someone to take photos at events
  4. Reporting
    1. Report engagement numbers and conversions
    2. Analyze what types of content are giving us the best results and adjust course monthly.
Facebook:
  1. More content that stresses engagement over anything.
    1. We're looking at mostly content like community photos that tag everyone.
  2. More methodical and consistent posting
    1. We'll post at least twice every week
Instagram
  1. Content Ideas
    1. Mini documentaries / interviews with former clients. Offers them a quality video in exchange for their time. Before and after lifestyles.
    2. Motivational quotes
    3. Weekly / Daily Challenges
  2. Post at least twice per DAY
  3. Curate content and schedule them on hootsuite
  4. Create a content theme to make the overall profile look aesthetic (red/black color scheme)

That's it! PHEW!
I hope this helps someone in some way. The strategies I laid out here are somewhat basic but it's what I've picked up after a long time of research and study. I know that my strategies will become more well rounded as I grow too. I'd love to hear suggestions!

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Day 4

Fear is such bullshit noise. It's literally just a noise. Yet, it can be powerful. Face it and crush it when it's small or chop away at it little by little.
One of my biggest fears is not that I don't know what I'm doing but that I won't be creating a great operations manual as I work with this first client. I'm scared that I will have wasted time and some awesome things I will eventually do will slip through my mind and as a result, I won't have a great and scalable business. It's going to be tough because I'm not just doing SEO or PPC, I'm offering the whole shebang.

Therefore, I'm going to be using a cracked version of Screenflow v8.2.2. I'm not endorsing pirating or anything, however, I think there's value in transparency. With this screen recorder, I'll be recording all of my digital activity which I can then review and create more systems from.

The goal is to have a system in place where I am confident enough to scale up to having 4 or 5 clients at a time. Even having one currently seems to be a ton of work but I'm excited! Let's go.

What I accomplished yesterday:
  • I got the authorization code! I ended up driving 45 minutes to meet the client to talk to him in person and get the code. I initiated the transfer but the coach forwarded me an email saying that there was an issue with something like "Remove private registration to complete your domain transfer", "Decline of transfer request", and "set your data use consent preferences". I'll look into this issue first thing today and have the transfer initiated.
  • I finished planning the digital marketing strategy
  • I ran down the digital marketing strategy with the coach and he gave me the green light to execute it.
What I failed to accomplish:
  • I didn't work on my reputation management system. I think it'll be more productive for me to just screen record while I am actually in the process and then go back to it.
  • I didn't integrate Google analytics into the website yet. I don't have an excuse for this and I will have it done today.
So, these are the tasks that I will accomplish today:
  • I will finalize initiation of the website transfer. I don't think creating a system for this is necessary although I have noted what information was required to initiate a domain transfer.
  • I will set up and integrate Google Analytics into the Shopify Account
  • I will create a Google Analytics account for the client
  • I will begin to fill the content of the website with effective copy
  • I will brainstorm and create a template for our SEO content.
  • I will enable SSL certification
  • I will link the website and sitemaps to Google Search Console, Bing, and Yandex
  • I will set up email systems on MailCheat(Chimp) for recurring email content and remarketing.
  • I will screen record this process and create a system for this portion of email marketing
  • I will list the client's website on 13 listing websites and document each
  • I will also screen record this process and create a system that facilitates this. Currently, the process takes about 2 hours for me. I think I will be able to find a way to get it down to 30 minutes or less.
Got a lot on my plate today. Wish me luck! Time to execute.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Days 5 and 6
I'm going to be MIA for these two days as I work on a charity project. The goal is to raise $3,500 in two days and to stretch my resourcefulness.
Also, Ive been given the green light to work with the Chiropractor so looking forward to that.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Day 7

Books I'm currently reading:
Extreme Ownership (Willink & Babin), This is Marketing (Godin), The Book of Not Knowing (Ralston).

I'm back! Although our goals changed towards the end of the fundraising efforts and we weren't able to reach out goals, we made massive progress and I'm proud of the efforts of my team. We were in contact with Fox11, LA Times, and OC Register!

Also, during the first of those two days, I was contacted by a fellow Fastlane member and we are getting on a call Tuesday to see if my services will fit his needs. He's running a financial website and software.

The second day, I called the EDM artist and I agreed to help him raise profits of his merchandise. I'll be working with him to see what other areas I can help him with. In exchange, I'll be accepting a percentage of profits which we have yet to negotiate on.

What I accomplished since Day 5:
  • I still haven't finalized the website transfer. GoDaddy's transfer policies seem ridiculously complex but I have all the knowledge now so that I can explain the process to future clients, set them up with the right expectations, and receive all necessary information promptly. I have managed to Remove Private Registration and edited the GoDaddy contact information.
  • I created a Google Analytics account, created a tracking ID, and integrated it into Shopify with Enhanced Ecommerce tracking.
  • I created a MailCheat(Chimp) account and set it up
  • I created an automated followup email template for students who sign up to the first course.
  • I recorded this process
What I failed to do:
  • Transfer the domain
  • Shopify seems to have SSL certifications available to all its users. However, I can't activate it yet until the domain is transferred.
  • I cannot link the domain and sitemap to GSC, Bing, or Yandex without a transferred domain.
  • I failed to list the client's website on 13 listing sites.
  • I am still working on the client's automated email systems.
  • I didn't brainstorm SEO. I think this may have to be pushed off anyways as there is no way of putting out SEO content when the domain isn't even transferred.
What I will do today:
  • TRANSFER THE DOMAIN! Even if I initiate transfer, I will have to wait from 7-15 days for the transfer to go through...
  • I will list the client on 13 listing websites.
  • I will create two more templates for the email marketing system.
  • The client wants to discuss content marketing tomorrow. I will brainstorm some ideas. Also, I'll make a list of accounts that I need access to in order to facilitate social media efforts.
  • I will create a marketing strategy for my chiropractor client.
  • I will create a marketing strategy for the EDM artist.
Jumping from one active client to now three (and potentially four) clients is daunting. What I realize is that I don't have the resources to make this all work and I must take extreme care and be extremely proactive to make sure that I am not only able to service them all, but also overdeliver on all of them.

Therefore, the general plan with the EDM artist is to narrow down on the more effective and immediate result driving efforts like PPC and web development. Then, we will move from profit driven activities to more brand development.

Similarly, the plan with the finance client is to pinpoint and prioritize the most important efforts, get some profits in for him asap, and then scale out.

Wish I could have my first employee about now lol. However, I don't have the financial means and having an employee wouldn't even be effective because I haven't laid out a complete structure for them!

Time to get to work <3

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You are off to a great start!

My recommendation? The stuff you are posting here now is the stuff you should keep in a JOURNAL. Why? You'll bore everyone here with the micro details of your day to day, and you'll lose your audience. Not worth this being on the front page of the forum every day for the length of your odyssey.

Come back here to post your MAJOR MILESTONES or MAJOR ROADBLOCKS. That will best benefit the forum membership at large, and help us focus only on the critical details of your journey.

Post less. Accomplish more.

Good luck and keep pressing!

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
You are off to a great start!

My recommendation? The stuff you are posting here now is the stuff you should keep in a JOURNAL. Why? You'll bore everyone here with the micro details of your day to day, and you'll lose your audience. Not worth this being on the front page of the forum every day for the length of your odyssey.

Come back here to post your MAJOR MILESTONES or MAJOR ROADBLOCKS. That will best benefit the forum membership at large, and help us focus only on the critical details of your journey.

Post less. Accomplish more.

Good luck and keep pressing!
Thanks for the great insight! I'll transfer my posts to a Google doc and link it here so that interested members can take a look the entire journey.

Meanwhile, I'll commit to taking the time to save only the most valuable experiences for the community on this thread.

Appreciate you being upfront yet polite.

Link to Journal: 100 Day Journal

Last edited:

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Great job buddy! Will definately be following this. I love how you are taking action constantly. Looking forward to see where you are in a month or two!

Lee H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Aug 8, 2018
@Isaac Oh great thread and another inspiration!

If you need to store and manage passwords for client accounts, I'd recommend LastPass. There's a free basic option which is good for you immediate needs but you can scale it with team options when you bring in additional help.

Good luck and keep the updates coming!

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
@Isaac Oh great thread and another inspiration!

If you need to store and manage passwords for client accounts, I'd recommend LastPass. There's a free basic option which is good for you immediate needs but you can scale it with team options when you bring in additional help.

Good luck and keep the updates coming!
You know, I loved it until I realized that for free I can only share a file with one person. I'm thinking that Google Sheets is secure enough for what I'm doing now. What's your take?

Lee H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Aug 8, 2018
You know, I loved it until I realized that for free I can only share a file with one person. I'm thinking that Google Sheets is secure enough for what I'm doing now. What's your take?

Personally and professionally I wouldn't use anything other than the strongest solution for storing and managing passwords. They're the keys to you and your clients kingdom and if they were lost or compromised could adversely affect both you and your clients.

It's your choice whether that risk is worth saving a few $$ per month or not?!

FYI I am not affiliated with LastPass or any other specific products, I just work in Cyber Security.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Day 23 Update

23% of the way through my challenge yet I feel like I should be much further up.

Quick overview, I now have 4 clients that I am juggling. 2 are driven and pretty sustainable clients. 2 are unmotivated in their own business and seem to be less committed.

Working with these clients is pretty straight forward but I feel massively overburdened.

My next immediate goal is to get my first employee hire. My systems are almost ready to go and I feel like I can train them on the rest while it's developed.

This is gonna be a challenge because none of my clients paid upfront. The first 2 are paying by commission and the later two are received my services pro-bono, and so are getting less of my time.

Working Google AdWords for the EDM client, I quickly ran into an issue. I didn't know what keywords to use! The ones I could think of off the top of my head were either too broad, unrelated, or didn't indicate buying behavior...

I asked Andy Black his thoughts and he gave me some great advice. The goal of my efforts, at first, is to find the most effective channels of marketing and to put my efforts there. Although the metrics are indicating that AdWords might not be the most effective, the only way to know for sure is to put some money into it and try it.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
After 100 or so days (more like 118) of committed action, here's my results.

~50 Days of "Commitment"
I think this is where I can use the most work. Many days were not aligned with my financial vision but then again, I was working on many other areas of my life.

Financially:
$800+/mo income from two Google Ads clients
6 Clients helped
3 Websites built
$2,000+ earned

Not impressive numbers but a big progress in my books. Asking for money was an issue that I got to tackle.

Mis:
Kicked nicotine (cigarettes & vaping)
Gained weight to 180 lbs and improvements in the gym

Was an amazing journey. Thanks for following ;)

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
After 100 or so days (more like 118) of committed action, here's my results.

~50 Days of "Commitment"
I think this is where I can use the most work. Many days were not aligned with my financial vision but then again, I was working on many other areas of my life.

Financially:
$800+/mo income from two Google Ads clients
6 Clients helped
3 Websites built
$2,000+ earned

Not impressive numbers but a big progress in my books. Asking for money was an issue that I got to tackle.

Mis:
Kicked nicotine (cigarettes & vaping)
Gained weight to 180 lbs and improvements in the gym

Was an amazing journey. Thanks for following ;)
Well done man, have just read your doc and you powered through even when you weren't feeling motivated.

$10k p/m was a bit of a stretch and may make you feel disheartened that you didn't make it. For me the most important thing you did was get through the 100 days. If you keep going now that $2k will grow and perhaps in another couple of hundred days you'll get to that goal.

Anyway, just wanted to say well done, and keep going.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
You can see how many times i failed here but with support from forum members i am able to push through it and still going on.
You have already achieved a goal of 100 days. Now achieve your goal of $10k in next couple hundred days as sir Roli said.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
What?? I was trying to figure out who had given me INSIDERS.. Thank you man!! Dedicating this post to you lol

Wow it's been a year and so much has changed. During those 100 days, I was struggling with getting sales for my digital marketing business and I was desperate to get some form of income going.

I was inspired by @GuitarManDan's thread and decided to take sales head on myself. So, I started this thread.

The content during the 100 days really isn't much. It's all the attempts I tried to get clients for myself. Stuff like trying out UpWork, fulfilling projects for my small clients. Staying busy and trying to develop the best habits, failing for the most part. There were days when I would go missing for like 3 days in a slump and just sum it up in one half-assed post on the journal.

I think I had profited about $1200 during those 100 days haha. There were definitely some low points there.

Looking back, I've come quite far.
In a week, I'll be moving out of my parent's house into my first apartment paid for by myself. It's a work-living space in Long Beach so it'll be really cool. It's my first apartment and my first office in one lol. Right next to the pier and downtown. I have a small amount of money in my bank but it's more than I've ever had in my entire life. I have clients who I get paid nicely for and I'm starting to invest in my own ecommerce product.

That's where I'm at now. I feel like I'm really starting to get a hold of my finances and I'm confident that even if I lose everything, I'd be able to build it back up with what I've learned. I still feel like I have a long way to go but things are starting to look exciting rather than necessary for survival.

Really have to thank @Fox and the Fox Sales Legends groups for everything.

After I stopped my journal, I was really burnt out. Like seriously dreading everything. I had dropped out of college because it was a horrible environment for me and after a shit experience with a summer sales job, decided I would never work for anyone under their terms again. But I had nothing to show for it and I was wondering if that was just a lie I was being told or a dream I'd never reach. I was overworking myself for meager pay and thinking about keeping this up for another 3 or 4 years just burned me out.

I think I had like $750 in the bank when I went to visit my friends in San Francisco. Like $200 of that was going to be spent on alcohol and food for the week I was going to stay with them. I also had a credit card that took me something like 3 years to pay off so I wasn't even considering it. That's actually when I decided that things needed to change.

I also happened to watch a video about strategic debt. The speaker was talking about how going into debt can be good if it's done strategically. If you don't have enough capital to invest in something that will improve yourself, it can be smart to go into debt, learn what you're missing, and recoup that investment.

Also at that time, I was watching youtube videos by A Nerd's World, Ruan Martinho, and of course, Fox, to figure out how to raise my profits.

So anyways, the morning after binge drinking, I apply for Fox's course and to my surprise, I get in.

I've been thinking about something lately. Our source of motivation comes from our vision. In the case of my vision with business, I had long been burnt out because I felt like I was on a track that was separate from the ultimate goal I had. For me, it was like I found a line between my current situation that linked it to my goals.

I really worked on my mentality. The summer sales job left me with an aversion towards sales. I worked as a door-to-door salesman but for businesses. I would walk into businesses unsolicited and try to sell them a product I didn't believe in with a script that made me sound like a machine. Because of that, I spent about a year trying to get clients doing as little sales as I could. I knew that was holding me back but my mentality was preventing me from changing that.

I started doing affirmations, getting clear on my value and my service's value, etc. I started the 75 hard challenge and I think I read over 10 books on sales and 10 other books on self-development or business. I met a prospect in person and I was literally shaking with fear that I couldn't even eat the food he had bought me. Still got the client ;)

I was devouring anything related to sales that I could get my hands on.

I kept raising prices with new clients and dropping some services and clients that I didn't like servicing or working with.

Don't get me wrong. There were extremely low points where I would be lying in bed, waiting for the second wind to kick in one day. But it's almost like action has inertia. Even in my low points, things were happening for me and I found it easier to bounce back than during the 100 days.

About a month ago, I added a new service and found a client for that.

The biggest takeaways I had for myself were:
- Learn my own value.
- Learn how to sell.
- Single down on a service at the beginning.
- Invest in myself and give others the opportunity to invest in themselves through me (cheap and free takes away the value of whatever you're offering).
- At the same time, give freely to those who invest in me.
- Don't work all the time, there's diminishing returns. But also, periods of hyper focus is where I've made the most progress.
- When I take on life, not work, is when I've been the most focused on work.
- Hire! Hire! After a certain level, I don't need to learn more, I need to hire someone who already knows.
- Hire! After a certain amount of work, I don't need to work more.

I'm not really making a crazy amount at the moment but it's enough to live in my own place, eat, and have a life. Now, I'm planning on reinvesting the money I'm making into a product. I'll start a thread on this actually. I'm going to keep this business as a side hustle while I focus on developing my product and later the marketing and ecommerce side.

I'm also joining an inner-work course. Stuff like letting go of past trauma and fears. Really stoked for that.

I'm still not 100% sure if you were the one that gifted me the INSIDERS, @BlackMagician, but if you were, thank you so much! I'll start sharing my journey with ecommerce. Luckily I'm still at the beginning stages so I'm sure I could use all the help I can get from members here.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So anyways, the morning after binge drinking, I apply for Fox's course and to my surprise, I get in.

I don't know what to think of that hahaha.

---

Dude you got a ton of talent, the right mindset, and you take a LOT of action.
I am sure the next year will be even bigger.

It was cool to hear your questions on the call with @AllenCrawley last night - if you can make some new progress posts on what you are thinking with this. I would love to see what you are hoping to use the skills for next.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I don't know what to think of that hahaha.

---

Dude you got a ton of talent, the right mindset, and you take a LOT of action.
I am sure the next year will be even bigger.

It was cool to hear your questions on the call with @AllenCrawley last night - if you can make some new progress posts on what you are thinking with this. I would love to see what you are hoping to use the skills for next.

HAHAHA! It wasn't something I took lightly, just the horrible state I was in

Yeah I applied hungover. I was expecting that I would just pay a fee and get into the course, but there was an interview with Alex a few days later. Totally sober for that one

Thanks Rob. I'll start it up tomorrow and really start digging into it. Should be a fun project. The call with Allen was awesome! Thanks for making that possible.

I actually budgeted like $5k for the prototyping but when he said he kept it at the lower end of $500-$1k, that blew my mind and it's making me rethink stuff

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Aww man that's too bad. I'm still searching lol
Just enjoy man. You can thank the person by learning and taking major steps in your life from INSIDERS. The person will be happy as you would have utilized his/her goodwill.

Being bestowed by an INSIDERS is one of the best things a person can get on this forum. Atleast in my opinion. Getting recognized for your efforts and progress is truly a great feeling.

My major goal for this year is to be bestowed INSIDERS access for my efforts and progress.

I would have bought INSIDERS last month and still want to buy so dearly but i have challenged myself to get that bestowed by making good progress in my thread and helping others in the forum.

If by the end of Dec, if i am not able to win this, then i will fail this challenge and buy the INSIDERS.

Way to go bro. Keep progressing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.