The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can I survive 79 days HARD challenge?

Anything related to matters of the mind

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Let's do this brother!

I would suggest picking just one habit that you want to completely remove from your life and destroy it by the end of the 79 days.

Once it's completely out of your system, focus for 1-3 months on the next bad habit.

Everything seems so overwhelming because all those habits is what you've been practicing for your entire life. You are now hardwired to seek them.

Defeat them one by one and in 2 years life will be so awesome you won't be able to believe it.

Case in point: I am heavily addicted to training hard and I cannot stop doing it. This is my default behavior. This is an example of habit that is working for - not against you.
Thank you for the encouragement brother!

In your case, what's the first bad habit that had a lot of impact in your life that you've elliminated?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
I would suggest picking just one habit that you want to completely remove from your life and destroy it by the end of the 79 days.

Once it's completely out of your system, focus for 1-3 months on the next bad habit.

Everything seems so overwhelming because all those habits is what you've been practicing for your entire life. You are now hardwired to seek them.
Totally agree on this one. Years ago I got off of social media and I actually really didn't have to create a new habit as it wasn't all that tough. I thought that was a huge accomplishment too until I tried and failed a few times at kicking Youtube out of my life (the real culprit stealing all of my time). My brain came up with all kinds of reasons to continue going on there because there are educational videos, lectures, etc. Wasn't until I'd audit my days to see where my hours went that I found how much of a waste that site is. It's total garbage now, like Tiktok. I'd even argue that if you're doing research Youtube is the last place you want to go.

Anyways, keep up the good work and find a really invasive and stubborn habit to change for good. It's worth the work you'll have to go through.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 47 update

NO
  • JUNK FOOD
Finally, a stoppage of downward spiral to vices. I fall short to pleasure eating but at least it's not junk food. My mindset is to heal my leaky gut. I think gut health is very important that's why I stop eating shit.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
@rjdgreat this is the answer bro. The one that @heavy_industry gave above I mean but for some reason can't quote.

Basically pick one thing at once. You’re either cutting out junk food OR pleasure eating, not both. So no chocolate, sweets, burgers whatever. But chicken breast, lean mince, salad? You can pleasure eat the F*ck out of that.

So then, in say 30 days, you no longer eat junk food. And perhaps you have other habits that are already established through previous efforts. Like your daily workout, and rosary with your Dad for example. So you know you’ve got these 3 down, they’re your keystone habits, you feel good about your ability to get them ticked off each day, positive dopamine response, low willpower requirement. Cool.

Now you go to work on junk food, for example. Maybe totally quitting it is too much right now, so you break it down, no junk food on X day, or only junk food on weekends, or no sugar based junk food for now.

Your ability to establish positive habits needs to be on the edge of your willpower threshold. Not too hard, just hard enough so that you can create small wins for yourself, feel good about them, and move forward. Then you can start stacking your habits on top of each other.

So maybe over a long enough timescale you can rid yourself of all 7 of the sins. If that’s what you want. But trying to do it all at once won’t work, you will F*ck up and you will beat yourself up when you F*ck up, which makes it harder then next day to pick yourself back up and make progress long term. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh but that has been my experience, there is a lot of science on this topic ( check out books like “atomic habits” by James Clear and “power of habit” by Charles duhigg) and I think you can probably already see from your experience that creating a habit list that’s very long just does not work and ultimately leads to binges and relapse. You’re going to keep spinning your wheels unless you curb your enthusiasm and make things more achievable for yourself :)

Last edited:

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 48 update

It's sabbath day and rest half of the day and fall into junk foods when we went to my dad's project.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 49 update

NO
  • Junk food
  • Tv
2/6 checked.

Seriously, I don't feel like to do the updates because of falling down badly... I want to burn the boats rn to make drastic changes, but I am afraid of my parent's opinion about what will happen to me. I want to be myself, but I am afraid of myself. Sounds weird, right? Anyway, I am glad I didn't succumb to junk foods today.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Day 50 update

I did
  • Workout
I fall short to all vices I am ditching but atleast I did workout.
How about focusing only on diet and workout until the end of the challenge?

I'm currently failing hard at removing nicotine from my life in Q2, but at least my diet and training have been on point, and physique has gone up.

I've truly learned the power of focusing on one thing at a time. Building habits one at a time is the optimal strategy.

Once the habit is on autopilot, you get to the next habit.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
How about focusing only on diet and workout until the end of the challenge?

I'm currently failing hard at removing nicotine from my life in Q2, but at least my diet and training have been on point, and physique has gone up.

I've truly learned the power of focusing on one thing at a time. Building habits one at a time is the optimal strategy.

Once the habit is on autopilot, you get to the next habit.
Will do brother!

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 51 update

I fall short to all of my vices again. It started with the small amount of chocolate nut and bam I cheated the whole day. My gut and brain are inflamed and I need to create a plan to heal it until the end of the challenge and identify threats to avoid falling short again and again.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Day 52-53 update

NO
  • junk food
Praise the Lord, I am 2 days junk food free.
Way to go brother!
Let's shoot for the third day!

I've had near perfect adherence to my diet for the past few weeks, and now I'm full of energy and my brain is firing on all cylinders.

The foods we choose to eat is nothing more than a habit. One of the most deeply rooted ones in fact.

But as soon as you break the cycle of addiction and walk on the right path for long enough (weeks, months), your entire worldview will shift (when it comes to food). All cravings will stop and you will start to despise junk food, and see it as the junk that it actually is.

Let's do this!

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 54 update

NO
  • Junk food
I am starting to love eliminating one vice at a time! I am 3 days free from junk foods. Praise the Lord! I played basketball with my neighbors and lost the 1st game and reflect after the defeat why we lost and then I noticed that I am not paying attention to my opponents moves. I am playing in autopilot and not focusing at the task at hand. And I remember the GOLD thread of @heavy_industry on how to reflect on gaining wisdom. First, I take mental notes of the present information at the court. Second, I started to ask my gut what to do and follow it. When the second game comes, we win. Such a knowledge to know here. I am loving it!

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 55-56 update

At day 55 I intended to drink alcohol to give my support to my godfather for her daughter's birthday celebration so it's okay for me to eat some nuts and cakes. But when I wake up, I have bad dream! demons come to my dreams masquerading as naked celebrity women in my country. And after I woke up, I reflected on my decision last night and take mental notes on what to do the next time I encounter the same scenario. I also ask God for forgiveness. And today I ate pizza after we bought livestock at the local market. Moving forward, I will adjust my actions to avoid succumbing to junk food and to not give an inch to the devil.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 57 update

NO
  • JUNK FOOD
I DID
  • WORKOUT
Day secured from succumbing to junk food. Never forsake ownership especially when you are with someone who's mindless on what is going. Moving forward, looking for tomorrow what life will bring.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 59 update

I fall short on eating junk food. But atleast I did rosary with my dad. Moving forward, will experiment on how to make beef jerky that is ready to eat whenever I need.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 61-63 update

NO
  • Junk food
No junk food! I've been lazy the last few days. Didn't work out and stuck scrolling on social media. Moving forward, will do my best to wake up early and workout.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 67 update

fall short into junk food.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 69-70 update

fall short into junk food.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 71 update

NO
  • junk food
I got discouraged the past few days and didn't do my updates here. I am so impatient. How can I change my expectations according to my works? Looks like I am confused. But anyway I know that God had good plan for me. Moving forward until the challenge ends, I will examine what is effective and what's not.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.