The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I read @Lex Deville's "How To Create A $2k+/Mo Passive Income Website In 30 Days (Or Less)" Blog and I am taking action.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Emoney12

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 21, 2023
First post in the forum. I want to thank @Lex DeVille for how much thought and effort he put into laying out this plan for others. I have identified a potential niche and have purchased a cheap domain. I have a passion for personal finance and helping my friends develop good habits. I am going to focus on early learning of financial literacy and target parents looking to teach their kids good habits in new and exciting ways. I am going to focus the next 30 days on the creation of digital products and building out the website to look professional. I have very little experience in any of this but I am diving in head first to give it a shot. Going to use this thread to hold myself accountable for 2024 and any feedback is greatly appreciated!

First day plan is to create a roadmap using chat gpt for the 30 days and the amount of time I can dedicate each day. I will plan to post my progress at a minimum weekly. I will start days 1-2 with further researching my niche as well as competitors in the space and how they are attacking this problem. Overall focus of how can I create something engaging for kids that has a rewarding impact for parents.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

flyingguitarist

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 27, 2021
First post in the forum. I want to thank @Lex DeVille for how much thought and effort he put into laying out this plan for others. I have identified a potential niche and have purchased a cheap domain. I have a passion for personal finance and helping my friends develop good habits. I am going to focus on early learning of financial literacy and target parents looking to teach their kids good habits in new and exciting ways. I am going to focus the next 30 days on the creation of digital products and building out the website to look professional. I have very little experience in any of this but I am diving in head first to give it a shot. Going to use this thread to hold myself accountable for 2024 and any feedback is greatly appreciated!

First day plan is to create a roadmap using chat gpt for the 30 days and the amount of time I can dedicate each day. I will plan to post my progress at a minimum weekly. I will start days 1-2 with further researching my niche as well as competitors in the space and how they are attacking this problem. Overall focus of how can I create something engaging for kids that has a rewarding impact for parents.
Keep it up!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Following with interest.

A

Anon45x4yB

Being passioned by the need you solve is an advantage, keept it up!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Emoney12

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 21, 2023
Day 2. I have done some research on a few competitors but I want to keep looking at others.
Pros of the websites: Able to identify different age groups with different areas of interest. (avatars for younger kids, more real life examples for older)
- some have strong curriculum
-one has a good looking interface

cons:
- Does not have a strong call to action from parents. I want to focus on an engaging experience that can either be administered or enjoyed by both parties.
- other websites look horrible
- Products can be expensive and bulk together many topics.

Other Achievements.
I have made the website active, set up the ssl, business email and begun designing the website. I want to focus on the core pages before I concern myself with logos and themes. I will spend my next two days working on more research learning how to design a website more effectively. Next steps will be designing the products so I am spending idle time day dreaming about ways to make it more engaging.

Next thoughts:
I think a selection of different products will be smaller activities and lesson focused on three groups (late elementary school, middle school and high school) will be my starting point. Perhaps smaller piece subjects for a cheaper cost instead of whole subject this way I can have more products on my page. This will also allow people to shop and choose for what they want in a more customizable experience for the user. Thinking I will post much more frequently than once a week. I am excited about having something to throw my effort towards and I am gonna keep it up!

Day 2: finished about us, terms, contact and disclaimer pages. Took a shot at creating my first logo which may or not be kept but will stay on the front page for now. Going to look into Yoast for keyword searches and see what data that gives me.

Last edited:

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
Day 2. I have done some research on a few competitors but I want to keep looking at others.
Pros of the websites: Able to identify different age groups with different areas of interest. (avatars for younger kids, more real life examples for older)
- some have strong curriculum
-one has a good looking interface

cons:
- Does not have a strong call to action from parents. I want to focus on an engaging experience that can either be administered or enjoyed by both parties.
- other websites look horrible
- Products can be expensive and bulk together many topics.

Other Achievements.
I have made the website active, set up the ssl, business email and begun designing the website. I want to focus on the core pages before I concern myself with logos and themes. I will spend my next two days working on more research learning how to design a website more effectively. Next steps will be designing the products so I am spending idle time day dreaming about ways to make it more engaging.

Next thoughts:
I think a selection of different products will be smaller activities and lesson focused on three groups (late elementary school, middle school and high school) will be my starting point. Perhaps smaller piece subjects for a cheaper cost instead of whole subject this way I can have more products on my page. This will also allow people to shop and choose for what they want in a more customizable experience for the user. Thinking I will post much more frequently than once a week. I am excited about having something to throw my effort towards and I am gonna keep it up!

Day 2: finished about us, terms, contact and disclaimer pages. Took a shot at creating my first logo which may or not be kept but will stay on the front page for now. Going to look into Yoast for keyword searches and see what data that gives me.

@Lex DeVille's accountability thread. Have a look!

Emoney12

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 21, 2023
Happy New Year!

Day 3-4. Sketched out ideas about elementary school digital products. Dad brought up that a lot of parents dont spend that much time on their own financial independence half the time so would they really teach a 10 year old. Downloaded the free trial of Semrush to look at keywords and try to confirm this. Super competitive or almost 0 volume for anything like teach child money. I used chat gpt to try 30+ different combinations. "Teen financial literacy" had a glimmer of hope but as soon as you add activites or any other clarifiers the numbers plummet. Going to pivot to focus on older ages first because there is some traffic. I now need to think if maybe paid advertising with keywords is not the best way and explore other channels to reach parents.

I am going to take some time to keep researching how I can even reach my audience before I begin creating the products. I will continue to work on my list of topics appropriate for high school and sketch out on paper concepts that could be applied such as interactive lessons, digital board games and printable workbooks. Other channels will be facebook groups, web forums or other areas where I could consider joining a community and acting as a resource.

I realized me creating a professional looking logo is just not gonna happen, I sprung for dall-e with chat gpt 4 and for the cost of 1 design from upwork I have unlimited redrafts for a month. Created something I am very happy with. Small high note as the website design also sucks as of now. Have not made any progress on that except for spending some time watching youtube videos on the basics of wordpress navigation and how to add all these stupid plugins.

Next Steps:
Need to identify concrete ways that I can target parents. Determine that the traffic is viable to continue this operation and then start generating products based on my notes of what are vital skills for people ages 15-18. I dont think that kids will be as likely to seek this out on their own so for now it seems to make more sense to me to look at proactive parents.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.