The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can I survive 79 days HARD challenge?

Anything related to matters of the mind

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 20 update

No
  • Social Media
  • Tv
  • Couch
3/6 checked

I did
  • Workout
  • Rosary with my dad
My mindset this day is going cold turkey to pleasure eating and shit happen after I ordered my angus beef with mashed potato and the mashed potato has gravy then boom after I eat the mashed potato my gut send a signal that I broke my word and then shit go down quickly cause of the small mistake. I forgot that the challenge I set to myself will make me uncomfortable and when things get uncomfortable I am finding some comfort. Going to environment you can't control makes you uncomfortable. If I still continue this shit, my health will go down and I don't want that. Being tactical about this will not solve the root problem, it will only be temporary. Going cold turkey will not solve it long term.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
I like the enthusiasm and your hunger for a better change but I would suggest changing your identity, these attempts that have deadlines or due dates attached to them are futile and superficial, in order to achieve real change you've got to begin with your fundamental beliefs about who you are and your definiteness of purpose, and then carve an identity of who you want to be. In my opinion succesfull people don't indulge in these sort of "challenges" because they have built an identity who upkeep healthy habits in pursuit of a bigger and meaningful goal, which also means that it never has an ending date or lasts for X amounts of days. I wish you the best of luck man!
Thank you! I am having a hard time to change my identity due to a cluttered mind. I think things will changed if I own myself completely and change environment and away from parents.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
day 21 update

NO
  • Social Media
  • Tv
  • Pleasure eating
  • Junk Food
  • Couch
  • Action Faking

All checked! :checkbox:

It's sabbath day so I rest all the day and fast all day. I got brain fog from sleep so long my head feels heavy and can't think clearly. I will build again the momentum to keep it upward the whole week.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
How did you stop beating yourself up and the day you stop beating yourself up what happened? Did you feel great and achieve hard small wins?
I changed how I view things.

Before, I used to count the days on a calendar, marking down how far I've come from a relapse.

34, 35, 36, 0, 1, 2, ...

Seeing that 0 frustrated me so much, that I end up relapsing again within the week is over.

I sometimes even got up to 200+ days and end up giving in to the temptations, urges, whatever, still.

I stopped counting the days, and instead wrote up one important thing I did that day.

After a couple of months, I had whole list of things to look back on and say: "Huh, I actually did something".

This doesn't mean the temptations are gone, or that I achieved superpowers by day 90. That's all bs, in my experience. And to tell you the truth, I still give in to those temptations, to this day.
But I guess what I achieved from all of this is the change in perspective. I'm able to bounce back more quickly now, and not fall into a depressive and moody state for a whole week.

I'm not saying it's all sunshine and rainbows over here, but at least I'm able to channel the anger and frustration from a relapse into something more productive

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
I changed how I view things.

Before, I used to count the days on a calendar, marking down how far I've come from a relapse.

34, 35, 36, 0, 1, 2, ...

Seeing that 0 frustrated me so much, that I end up relapsing again within the week is over.

I sometimes even got up to 200+ days and end up giving in to the temptations, urges, whatever, still.

I stopped counting the days, and instead wrote up one important thing I did that day.

After a couple of months, I had whole list of things to look back on and say: "Huh, I actually did something".

This doesn't mean the temptations are gone, or that I achieved superpowers by day 90. That's all bs, in my experience. And to tell you the truth, I still give in to those temptations, to this day.
But I guess what I achieved from all of this is the change in perspective. I'm able to bounce back more quickly now, and not fall into a depressive and moody state for a whole week.

I'm not saying it's all sunshine and rainbows over here, but at least I'm able to channel the anger and frustration from a relapse into something more productive
Thank you brother. I'll do my best to change my perspective. God bless you.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 21 update

No
  • Social Media
  • Pleasure eating
  • Junk food
  • Tv
  • Couch
All checked :checkbox:

I did
  • Workout
  • Rosary with my dad
  • Bible study

My head is still recovering from the brain fog and lack of sleeps. Tomorrow I will start my part time job at my dad's project as a time keeper or a servant to him and his colleagues to get domain experience about construction services. I see this as an opportunity to find pain points in their industry and list all problems they're encountering.

Bible verse to meditate on

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Ecclesiastes 11:13-14

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 22 update

NO
  • Social Media
  • Junk Food
  • Pleasure Eating
  • Couch
  • Tv
I did
  • Rosary with my dad
My dad's friend is the CEO of the company and he is my godfather. I gain a lot of knowledge from their lack of structure and their client is giving them blows for not getting shit done base on schedule. I also now confirmed that idea is not the real king, execution is. The story is my godfather only hire subcontractors and the labourers are from the subcontractor. The subcontractor's welder did a mistake of doing welding works and my dad and his colleagues questions the subcontractor if his welder is really a welder and the subcon said that yes and his welder have NC2 certificate from vocational school but by the observation of other group workers, his welder's actual skill doesn't matched his certificate and that cement the saying "execution is king". I also ask my dad who gives the input for their labourers and he said the "project manager" and ask how can I know if my theory can turn into reality and he said the rule of thumb in construction is do what is proven, effective, cost-wise and fast. The theory thing is for innovation and research facilities to be debated and he said that big clients don't want to wait for theories, they want whst is fast and proven and improve it a little bit. Well that cements for me the saying "you don't have to reinvent the wheel".

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 23 update

NO
  • Social Media
  • Couch
  • Tv
3/6 checked

I did
  • Workout
  • Rosary with my dad

I fall short at abstaining from pleasure eating and junk foods. The reason is I did a mistake of forgetting the receipt of the PPE I bought for the new labourer and my dad said next time be aware about receipt especially if the money used is our own money so that we can reinforce the receipt to the accountant. I get discourage and slip to eating junk food.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 24 update

I failed to abstain today from all bad habits due to lack of preparation and get bored just sitting at the office. I'm F*cked if this repeat again tomorrow.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 25 update

NO
  • Junk food
  • Social media
  • Tv
  • Couch
  • Pleasure eating
All checked! ☑

I did
  • Workout
  • Rosary with dad
I am glad that I didn't succumb to eating junk food today! It's a tiring day but yeah I gotta sleep early and do the work tomorrow morning. Office politics sucks because it hinders collaboration and people start to play checkers rather than chess.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 26 update

NO
  • Social Media
  • Couch
2/6 checked

I did
  • Workout
  • Rosary with my dad
I fall short at abstaining from junk food and pleasure eating. I need to quarantine for a reset. I need to clear my head and review my choice of action that triggers pleasure eating and eating junk foods.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 27 update

It's sabbath day and I rest for the whole day and watched braveheart.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 28 update

NO
  • Social Media
  • Junk food
2/6 checked

I did
  • Workout
It feels good to jog again at the local sporthub where the environment is greener than the city. Momentum is progressing. I need a plan to not trip. Anticipate the obstacle that will appear and be prepared to solve it when it comes.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
Greetings to the Top Guns and Young Guns of the Fastlane Forum!

I am doing a 90 days hard challenge which basically means...

NO..
  • Social Media
  • Junk Foods
  • Couch
  • Pleasure eating
  • TV
  • Action Faking

I am challenging myself to stop the action faking since it's tiring and the time wasted can't be taken back.

I was looking at the forum threads of accountability thread and I found @heavy_industry's thread and it inspire me to do the same.

Now I am at day 11 and I fall to short at day 10-11 at social media, junk foods, TV, pleasure eating and action faking which I think If I make a big decision I will not make the right decision since my Ventral Lateral Prefrontal Cortex is fried.

I can't whine now about my ignorance of the risks of mindless consuming of info and junk food since it was ignorant choices. Now it's time to make my life better 1% everyday by commiting to not fall short on the challenge I'd set myself. Even though it's hard, I will persist on staying the course no matter how hard it is and trust me it gets harder and harder everyday especially when you're addicted to all those things you've deprive yourself.

But as @heavy_industry said​

Time to concentrate on gaining clarity and to live a meaningful life. I encourage all of you who are tired of action faking to stop doing all mindless consuming and start build yourself by taking care of yourself.

Let's begin!
What about the wanking though bro? It’s technically not actioning faking and you can definitely do it while standing up (so I’m told) so it does not infringe your no couch rule. Also, if you did this daily you would also be getting hard for 90 days straight which is no mean feat.

EDITED feet to feat

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
What about the wanking though bro? It’s technically not actioning faking and you can definitely do it while standing up (so I’m told) so it does not infringe your no couch rule. Also, if you did this daily you would also be getting hard for 90 days straight which is no mean feat.

EDITED feet to feat
I did not include it because I don't wank, it's a waste of energy.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 29-31 update

Falled short to pleasure eating. Distracting myself for the passiveness am I doing in the office. It's like I am waiting a chauffer to connections, knowledge and skills. I am averse to engagement because I don't feel that they will appreciate my opinion. I am tired of being a shadow of my dad.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
day 32-35 update

I fall bad these past few weeks on pleasure eating and junk foods. My morale is low and I was shy to bring the updates here because of falling bad. Tomorrow is another day of working, I need to hammer it down to my head that I have a challenge to overcome. I am being a bitch these past few weeks and it's time to take ownership of what's in my full control which is my MIND.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Day 29-31 update

Falled short to pleasure eating. Distracting myself for the passiveness am I doing in the office. It's like I am waiting a chauffer to connections, knowledge and skills. I am averse to engagement because I don't feel that they will appreciate my opinion. I am tired of being a shadow of my dad.
day 32-35 update

I fall bad these past few weeks on pleasure eating and junk foods. My morale is low and I was shy to bring the updates here because of falling bad. Tomorrow is another day of working, I need to hammer it down to my head that I have a challenge to overcome. I am being a bitch these past few weeks and it's time to take ownership of what's in my full control which is my MIND.

Congratulations.

You've done 30 days to get to this point. Now the real test begins.

Are you going to give up when things don't go according to plan, or are you going to continue steering the ship in the right direction?

This is exactly like lifting weights: 80% of the improvement and actual hypertrophic stimulus is happening when you are at the last reps and can barely keep holding the weight in your hand.

Winning is not about having everything go perfectly.
It's about successfully recovering from multiple setbacks, when all your competition already gave up.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Congratulations.

You've done 30 days to get to this point. Now the real test begins.

Are you going to give up when things don't go according to plan, or are you going to continue steering the ship in the right direction?

This is exactly like lifting weights: 80% of the improvement and actual hypertrophic stimulus is happening when you are at the last reps and can barely keep holding the weight in your hand.

Winning is not about having everything go perfectly.
It's about successfully recovering from multiple setbacks, when all your competition already gave up.
You've give me hope and motivation to keep up until the end! I thought you completely ignored my thread due to lack of updates these past few days. And yeah it's getting harder each and everyday but not bouncing back despite of many setbacks is not my game.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
You've give me hope and motivation to keep up until the end!
I'm glad to hear this brother!

I thought you completely ignored my thread due to lack of updates these past few days.
No, but I was watching silently waiting for this moment to come. I knew that it was going to happen.

Now you are face to face with the King of Monsters. The worst enemy you will ever have.

It's your previous self that you've built over the years. All the bad habits, all the destructive behavior, all the things that you do not want to be - but is you, is now strangling you to death and wants to pull you back into the crab bucket.

If you let it win, it will become stronger.
If you let it die, you will become free.

Now, let's improve the strategy a bit:
One of the best way to change your behavior is to change your environment:
  • uninstall all social media
  • unplug the TV cord
  • don't have the junk food around
    • maybe talk to your parents about this - they will benefit as well
  • as soon as you get bored or tempted to do the bad things: GET OUT OF THE HOUSE, GO OUTSIDE

After you move away from your parents, you will have more flexibility in terms of optimizing your environment.

Good luck and let's stay focused. 50 more days to go - one at a time.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 36 update

NO
  • Junk food
  • Pleasure eating
  • Couch
  • Social Media
4/6 checked ☑️

I am slowly fighting the stronghold of past mistakes I've commited. It's so tempting to fall into pleasure eating whenever I arrive at home and I try my best to resist pleasure because it's messing with my mind. I am glad I did not succumb to pleasure eating and junk food today.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
I'm glad to hear this brother!

No, but I was watching silently waiting for this moment to come. I knew that it was going to happen.

Now you are face to face with the King of Monsters. The worst enemy you will ever have.

It's your previous self that you've built over the years. All the bad habits, all the destructive behavior, all the things that you do not want to be - but is you, is now strangling you to death and wants to pull you back into the crab bucket.

If you let it win, it will become stronger.
If you let it die, you will become free.

Now, let's improve the strategy a bit:
One of the best way to change your behavior is to change your environment:
  • uninstall all social media
  • unplug the TV cord
  • don't have the junk food around
    • maybe talk to your parents about this - they will benefit as well
  • as soon as you get bored or tempted to do the bad things: GET OUT OF THE HOUSE, GO OUTSIDE

After you move away from your parents, you will have more flexibility in terms of optimizing your environment.

Good luck and let's stay focused. 50 more days to go - one at a time.
Thank you for bringing it to my awareness that the old me needs to die in order to become free.

I know it years ago that changing my environment will do the complete change I need but I did not take action but now that I have the strength to fly solo and I am already a young adult, I will change my environment away from my comfort zone.

Thank you for holding me accountable @heavy_industry ! May God bless you.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 37 update

NO
  • Junk food
  • Social media
  • Couch
  • Tv
4/6 checked ☑️

• Workout
Finally getting back at working out! Fall into pleasure eating tonight but atleast it is not junk food.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 38 update

NO
  • Social media
  • Junk food
  • Tv
  • Couch
4/6 checked ☑️

I did
  • Workout
  • Rosary with my dad
  • Read the Holy Bible

My mind is troubled when I was stuck with my dad and doing nothing at the office. I am dying because I am not learning, just sitting and waiting for an order coming from my dad. Although I am slowly getting better, my expectations are unrealistic and must be allign with reality. Anyway, I am still grateful that I am moving upward. Just need to be aware of my demons.

Tomorrow is a brand new day! Time to prepare for luck and opportunities!

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 39 update

NO
  • Social media
  • Junk food
  • Couch
  • Tv
4/6 checked ☑️

I did

• Rosary with my dad

I can now resist eating junk foods even when discomfort arise! the reason why I can resist eating junk food because my skin becomes inflammatory and that's a FTE for me.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 41 update

NO
  • Junk Food
  • Social Media
  • Pleasure Eating
3/6 checked!

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 42-44 update

Fall short badly to junk foods. It always start with a small mistake of eating small amount of junk food just like a domino effect. I am down again and starting to lose strength due to lack of workout and eating junk.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
Day 45 update

NO
  • Couch
  • Tv
  • Junk food
2/6 checked

I did
  • Workout
  • Rosary with my dad

I fall short to pleasure eating and played basketball with my neighbors. I have this old friend that whenever I meet him I am giving away my power to him. And now I am bothered and aware of it, life will goes on and this time with adjustments. I'm gonna reclaim my power. I am the one who give it and I am the one who will take it.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Let's do this brother!

I would suggest picking just one habit that you want to completely remove from your life and destroy it by the end of the 79 days.

Once it's completely out of your system, focus for 1-3 months on the next bad habit.

Everything seems so overwhelming because all those habits is what you've been practicing for your entire life. You are now hardwired to seek them.

Defeat them one by one and in 2 years life will be so awesome you won't be able to believe it.

Case in point: I am heavily addicted to training hard and I cannot stop doing it. This is my default behavior. This is an example of habit that is working for - not against you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.