The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Overdue Intro

mmmikaaa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2020
The Netherlands
Hello everyone! My name is Mika, and I am an 18-year-old guy from The Netherlands.

In September, I started going to university and followed the program Entrepreneurship & Business Innovation. However, I quit after three weeks.
When I was still in high school, I knew I didn't want to go to university and get a job, but to pursue business and entrepreneurship. My dad unknowingly has been a big reason for this. He has run and runs multiple pretty successful businesses, nothing extraordinary but still very profitable. This is the reason why I have always been attracted to entrepreneurship for as long as I can remember.

Learning for me was always something I did after school, and I preferred it that way. Then why did I still go to university? Mainly I was influenced by the daily question I got from friends & family: "What are you going to study after high school?". I got multiple weird looks from relatives & friends whenever I said that I wanted to be an entrepreneur. So when I heard that there was going to be a new program at a university called Entrepreneurship & Business Innovation, I was pretty interested and relieved to have an answer to that annoying question.

Fast forward to September, and my program was starting. The first week was the introduction week. I met my classmates, teachers, and mentors. I realized after reading TMF , and a lot of threads on the forum that 90% of my classmates are so-called wantrepreneurs. I immediately got a wrong feeling about my choice of going to university. A week later, and the program is now starting. I pretty much lost all my free time within a week. And I was not enjoying one bit of the program. It was all theory, statistics, statistics, more statistics, a bit of finance, and what felt like an upsell: I had to purchase a test that cost 100 euros to see where I was on my entrepreneurial journey. They also mentioned the first year was all about finding a new idea.

The next week was pretty much the same as the previous one: theory. I knew from this moment I wanted to quit. I was sitting on the train on my way home, and I wrote everything down. My feelings, pros and cons, how I would tell my parents, etc. I think I wrote for two hours straight. I was an emotional wreck at this moment. My feelings were everywhere. So I come home. I tell my parents, they weren't happy but also not mad. All things considered, the conversation went pretty well. I think they were more scared (especially my mom) than mad.

So after this, I immediately started working on setting up a web design agency and I got my first "client' by doing some work for his businesses. This is something I'm very grateful for. It gave me a bit of income, even though this wasn't really a concern for me because my expenses are very low.

Around this time I also started to read TMF . I loved the book, it was so refreshing after all the guru books I read. I was now focused on getting some more web design work done, I cold emailed, reached out to friends & family, and went on freelancing sites. I got some very positive responses, but no clients.

I started to doubt myself, however, I wasn't going to give up. I knew I just needed to learn a lot, I had no experience and money so my only option was learning and adapting. Then I realized MJ mentioning this forum in his book and some of his videos. I joined and I'm now in the process of going to all of the notable and gold threads and making notes on things that are relevant for me. I have found a lot of gems so far. I'm also at the moment reading Unscripted (almost finished, never read a book so fast as this one) and learning copywriting from @Lex DeVille post.

This forum gave me a lot of ideas and I have a very clear idea of what I have to do & learn next. I want to thank all of you for that! I will post updates regarding my web design agency as soon as I have any. Again, thank you to everyone on this forum. I will strive to provide value to other people in the years to come as I go on this journey.

Thank you all for reading this far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
Hello everyone! My name is Mika, and I am an 18-year-old guy from The Netherlands.

In September, I started going to university and followed the program Entrepreneurship & Business Innovation. However, I quit after three weeks.
When I was still in high school, I knew I didn't want to go to university and get a job, but to pursue business and entrepreneurship. My dad unknowingly has been a big reason for this. He has run and runs multiple pretty successful businesses, nothing extraordinary but still very profitable. This is the reason why I have always been attracted to entrepreneurship for as long as I can remember.

Learning for me was always something I did after school, and I preferred it that way. Then why did I still go to university? Mainly I was influenced by the daily question I got from friends & family: "What are you going to study after high school?". I got multiple weird looks from relatives & friends whenever I said that I wanted to be an entrepreneur. So when I heard that there was going to be a new program at a university called Entrepreneurship & Business Innovation, I was pretty interested and relieved to have an answer to that annoying question.

Fast forward to September, and my program was starting. The first week was the introduction week. I met my classmates, teachers, and mentors. I realized after reading TMF , and a lot of threads on the forum that 90% of my classmates are so-called wantrepreneurs. I immediately got a wrong feeling about my choice of going to university. A week later, and the program is now starting. I pretty much lost all my free time within a week. And I was not enjoying one bit of the program. It was all theory, statistics, statistics, more statistics, a bit of finance, and what felt like an upsell: I had to purchase a test that cost 100 euros to see where I was on my entrepreneurial journey. They also mentioned the first year was all about finding a new idea.

The next week was pretty much the same as the previous one: theory. I knew from this moment I wanted to quit. I was sitting on the train on my way home, and I wrote everything down. My feelings, pros and cons, how I would tell my parents, etc. I think I wrote for two hours straight. I was an emotional wreck at this moment. My feelings were everywhere. So I come home. I tell my parents, they weren't happy but also not mad. All things considered, the conversation went pretty well. I think they were more scared (especially my mom) than mad.

So after this, I immediately started working on setting up a web design agency and I got my first "client' by doing some work for his businesses. This is something I'm very grateful for. It gave me a bit of income, even though this wasn't really a concern for me because my expenses are very low.

Around this time I also started to read TMF . I loved the book, it was so refreshing after all the guru books I read. I was now focused on getting some more web design work done, I cold emailed, reached out to friends & family, and went on freelancing sites. I got some very positive responses, but no clients.

I started to doubt myself, however, I wasn't going to give up. I knew I just needed to learn a lot, I had no experience and money so my only option was learning and adapting. Then I realized MJ mentioning this forum in his book and some of his videos. I joined and I'm now in the process of going to all of the notable and gold threads and making notes on things that are relevant for me. I have found a lot of gems so far. I'm also at the moment reading Unscripted (almost finished, never read a book so fast as this one) and learning copywriting from @Lex DeVille post.

This forum gave me a lot of ideas and I have a very clear idea of what I have to do & learn next. I want to thank all of you for that! I will post updates regarding my web design agency as soon as I have any. Again, thank you to everyone on this forum. I will strive to provide value to other people in the years to come as I go on this journey.

Thank you all for reading this far.
Thank you Mika for sharing your stories first chapter - Sounds great, and very impressive; 18 and being so decisive and determined.
Will be waiting for further updates.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
I really like your attitude - you're bound to go far with this kind of persona!

Best of luck with your path!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro my friend, welcome to the forum and the land of Unscription.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Ayy, Dutchies unite. Welcome to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...