Hello everyone, I want to introduce myself. I’ve been a lurker for a while, since 2016 to be exact. I’ve been on and off the forum. I’ve read Millionare FASTLANE and recently Unscripted .
Just a bit of background. My family came to this country with barely any money. My parents and much older sibling have zero educational background. They worked hard, opened a niche business (many years ago) and did well for a few years, which enabled us to move into a nicer home when I was a kid. Then, technology advanced and eventually that business died off. After that, they also ran a floral business but had to sell that because of increases in rent.
Since both of their businesses didn't work for the long term, I decided to take the educational route. My parents encouraged it, but didn’t understand it really. I’m the first one to be educated in my family – woo hoo! Sounds great on paper, but is it really? It is without a doubt: slowlane. I live in a high cost of living area (LA) so although I make six figs, it’s not much.
I’ve tried a few of my own ventures in the past which FAILED. This includes: jewelry, blogging, amazon fba, youtube, and last year I randomly got my realtor license but haven’t done anything with it. Am I seriously going to do open houses on the weekends? hehe. So again- nothing has truly done well – and so this tells me I’m not doing adequate research.
I would like to do something in the pharma space since I have a lot of experience in the field. COVID opened my eyes to a lot of what’s really going on, especially when working frontline. MJs books opened my eyes even more to everything. So grateful I found his books, the knowledge in them and this forum.
I’m in my mid 30’s, I have a husband (good career but again slowlane) and 2 young kiddos whom I love raising and spending time with. They are a huge part of my ‘why’ and now with everything going on in the world, my parents and sibling (who once were in a decent position financially) are big time struggling. I need to find a way to help them out too.
I’m not sure exactly when my F this moment was, but its HERE! I think it was a combination of everything. There has to be a better way, and I’m back in research mode, trying to find something that fits the CENTS methodology. Thank you for reading and thanks for the valuable content on this forum.
Just a bit of background. My family came to this country with barely any money. My parents and much older sibling have zero educational background. They worked hard, opened a niche business (many years ago) and did well for a few years, which enabled us to move into a nicer home when I was a kid. Then, technology advanced and eventually that business died off. After that, they also ran a floral business but had to sell that because of increases in rent.
Since both of their businesses didn't work for the long term, I decided to take the educational route. My parents encouraged it, but didn’t understand it really. I’m the first one to be educated in my family – woo hoo! Sounds great on paper, but is it really? It is without a doubt: slowlane. I live in a high cost of living area (LA) so although I make six figs, it’s not much.
I’ve tried a few of my own ventures in the past which FAILED. This includes: jewelry, blogging, amazon fba, youtube, and last year I randomly got my realtor license but haven’t done anything with it. Am I seriously going to do open houses on the weekends? hehe. So again- nothing has truly done well – and so this tells me I’m not doing adequate research.
I would like to do something in the pharma space since I have a lot of experience in the field. COVID opened my eyes to a lot of what’s really going on, especially when working frontline. MJs books opened my eyes even more to everything. So grateful I found his books, the knowledge in them and this forum.
I’m in my mid 30’s, I have a husband (good career but again slowlane) and 2 young kiddos whom I love raising and spending time with. They are a huge part of my ‘why’ and now with everything going on in the world, my parents and sibling (who once were in a decent position financially) are big time struggling. I need to find a way to help them out too.
I’m not sure exactly when my F this moment was, but its HERE! I think it was a combination of everything. There has to be a better way, and I’m back in research mode, trying to find something that fits the CENTS methodology. Thank you for reading and thanks for the valuable content on this forum.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
