The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self-Pubber's Look! FREE 650+ Member Multi-Retail Publishing Platform Like Smashwords - Giveaway

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Multi-Retailer 650+ Member Publishing Platform Giveaway. A Fastlane Opportunity For Seriously Dedicated Self-Pubbers, Outsourcers, Or Badasses.

Are You Passionate About Self-Pubbing/Outsourcing?
Do You Want To Add Value Back To The E-Book Marketplace?
Is Helping Others Important To You?
Are You Willing To Do WHATEVER It Takes To Succeed?

If so, then holy shit have I got something for you!

You guys know I'm sitting on an online publishing community with over 650 members and gets 10 to 15 ebook submissions a week for free. It's not little either. This is a big website with like 70 to 100 pages.

It has around $3,000 invested in development + the theme, plugins ect. We've published around 100 books (probably over that by now) and users are still registering even though we're not marketing.

The site is set up so that you can easily create and sell e-courses or other services such as Ebook cover design, proofreading/editing, subscriptions etc. It's also set up so that anytime a book is published and earns a sale, you get 20%. The author gets 80%.

You even have the ability to let other people make their own at cost courses that you can set a commission on. It's kind of like Udemy, Smashwords, BookBaby & Facebook all rolled into one.

There's 7 live courses. 2 of them are set up as paid courses, the rest are free. This can be changed at any time, and it's pretty effortless. The blog also has posts and there's a whole page of self-publishing resources.

What I'm saying is, it's already set up to make money.

What Makes It Fastlane?

As Kevin O'Leary would say, it's all in the numbers.

So, let's take a look at the numbers.

If it grows to 10,000 members who submit just 1 book a month that earns just 2 borrows on just 1 retail platform at a rate of just $1.43, and you take a commission of 20%, then you earn $5,720/mo.

That's 10,000 people x 1 book x 2 borrows x $1.43 x .20% = $5,720

But it's gonna take a while to get to that point. So let's look at it from another angle using numbers that aren't so far off. If 1,000 members submit 3 books a month and earn 5 borrows on those books at $1.43, then you earn $4290 a month.

That's 1,000 people x 3 books x 5 borrows x $1.43 x .20% = $4,290.

Remember, this site already has over 650 members.

Also remember that these are the numbers for a single month. But with every book you publish, there's a compounding effect. Each month some of the old books earn sales & borrows. When you get into compounding, the numbers really grow.

The numbers look even brighter when you factor in the courses. The courses can sell all on their own, but they actually serve a double purpose. Not only do they earn money, but they also train your writers.

As your writers get better their books sell more copies. That means more money for you.

A Bird's Eye View So Far

• 650+ Members
  • 100+ Published Books
  • 7 Writing Courses Ready to Go
  • Writer's Resources Page
  • 70 to 100 total Pages
  • Commissioned Courses
  • WooCommerce Services
  • Thousands Invested

Multi-Retail Sales Publishing Platform Community

Let's talk about that for a minute.

Nonovels is built on WordPress/BuddyPress, so users can easily update their profile's, communicate with each other, form groups, or even set up forums. All of these features extend into the theme itself, so all e-courses work with Buddypress, and can be instantly modified for course forums & groups.

I've started a small Facebook community that has probably 30 writers. This community can easily grow, and can help automate a lot of the repeat questions new users ask. The trick is it needs someone to nurture it.

Nonovels is also set up as a multi-retail sales publishing platform. By that I mean the sales system being developed is capable of loading user's sales from the following sites:
  • Amazon
  • Barnes & Noble
  • Kobo
  • iBooks
The sales system being developed means... yes, it's still under development. The developer should complete it in a few weeks, but don't worry...

I Will Cover The Remaining $700.00 of Development On The Sales System.

Right now there's 2 ways to show user sales, but they're not very efficient. The first way is our leaderboards which are updated every Sunday. These show sales for all users but aren't very specific. It's just enough info to keep them happy for now.

The second way is the original sales system which isn't very good. It's being fully overhauled right now to fix all of the old problems, plus to add a ton of new features.

There's seriously a lot of cool shit going on here for the right person.

If It's So Awesome, Why...

Lol, as if I don't know you've been thinking it this whole time. The answer is simply this...I'm not passionate about e-books. I'm not passionate about publishing. I don't see myself doing this in 5 years.

But, I also don't want it to stagnate and die. I don't want it to go to waste. I spent the last year fine-tuning my skills, learning to write better, and building this site. Morning to night, I don't know how many hours went into it, but it's a shit ton. I didn't go at this half-assed. I gave it everything I had until the day I realized it wasn't my path.

The model is already proven. Here are some company's that have done it:
  • Smashwords
  • Draft2Digital
  • Lulu
  • BookBaby
The difference between nonovels and these companies is that nonovels was meant to add value back to the marketplace. Where the others just publish books, nonovels wants to publish better books.

What Am I Getting Into?

Like I said from the start, this opportunity is only for truly passionate self-pubbers or outsourcers.

No matter what path you take in life, the road is never easy. You're still gonna have to do some hard work, and probably even invest some money to grow this the right way. But at least you'll skip 6-7 months of figuring out what works/doesn't because for the most part everything is in place.

Here Are The Biggest Challenges I Faced:
  • Publishing a lot of books takes time. This process needs to be further automated, or outsourced.
  • There's no easy way to run promos yet. This may or may not be important to you.
  • The Facebook Group needs interaction to grow.
  • WooCommerce & the Theme sometimes have issues or require updates. I learned how to work with the code. You can do this too, or just hire a developer to help.
  • Sending payments through PayPal is a bit challenging since it has to be done one at a time. (for now)
  • Writing new courses takes a lot of time. This part may need outsourced.
  • Needs a copywriting overhaul. I wrote everything on there before I learned anything about copywriting...
Some costs you may incur (not from me)
  • Cost of domain name transfer to your server
  • Cost of site-hosting if you don't already have it
  • Any other costs related to operating a website or a business.
    NOTE: You are not paying anything to me.
  • I will cover the $700 of the sales system.
  • I will not cover any other cost of any kind.

There's tons of things I'm probably forgetting right now. But that's part of any business. I've ironed out as many issues as possible, so right now, everything is simply on hold.

Don't Even Think About This Opportunity If You're Afraid Of Going All In. NO ACTION FAKERS!!!

I'm literally handing you a fastlane business that's already earning money. It doesn't get any easier than this. I don't know how the hand off'll go yet, and there's a few things we'll have to work out before you turn the key and drive, but for F*ck's sake it's free!

I'm leaving this offer open to any forum member.

Self-Pubbers & Outsourcers and those who already have a proven record of taking action get priority.

Quick Recap
  • 650+ Members
  • 100+ Published Books
  • Multi-Retail Sales System
  • 7 E-courses ready to go
  • WooCommerce Ready
  • 70-100 Pages of stuff
  • Paid & Free E-courses
  • Commissioned Course Capable
  • Sell other services
  • Facebook Group
  • Thousands Invested
  • Easily Scalable
  • Leaderboards
  • Blog Posts
  • Forum & Group Ready
  • Numerous ways to earn
  • Model already proven
Can I Check Out The Site?

Sure. www.nonovels.com

Feel free to register, and play around inside. See how things are currently set up. Imagine how you might change things, grow them, or make them better.

I Want it. How Do I Get It?

Nothing's ever really free in life. So what do you gotta do to take over this full-blown Fastlane opportunity?

It's simple. There's just 2 things.

1. Help someone on the forum. Like, really help them. It can be as simple as a well thought out reply that makes their life a or their journey a little easier.

2. Reply in PM, and tell me why you want/should get this business. No need to tell me what you'll do with it. Once it's yours it's yours.

If you have any questions please reply in a PM so staff members don't have to keep moderating comments.

Nonovels Needs A New Daddy (or Mommy) Soon!

This offer will remain for 2 weeks, unless someone is chosen before then.

Good luck guys! Can't wait to see what one of you can do with this!

www.nonovels.com

Lol, my index finger hovers over the mouse button. I'm almost sweating in anticipation. I feel fear. So many unknowns. 8 or 9 months of 15 to 18 hour days. Doubts. What if I'm letting millions go?

But you know what... This is gonna help someone, and I'm gonna make it anyway. Let's do it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
G

GuestUser116

So the way one makes money running this is by getting a 20% commission from published titles?

How does one run the site? What are the essential skills to run it?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
So the way one makes money running this is by getting a 20% commission from published titles?

How does one run the site? What are the essential skills to run it?

Hey Glacier,

The 20% commission is actually just one way to make money. Obviously nothing is set in stone as far as how the next owner operates. Other multi-retailer publishing sites make a large portion of their money by taking a cut of the total sales, (some take closer to 30%).

With a whole lot of people submitting mediocre books, or even just a few people submitting brilliant books, 20% can add up fast.

Money can also be made by selling e-courses, proofreading/editing, ebook covers, or even switching the site to a subscription-based model.

One trend I noticed, was that certain people try really hard to get better. Those are the people that buy courses, and pay for extra services.

However, others who hadn't even registered for the site contacted me about ebook covers and proofreading. So you're not just limited to registered members.

In short, the original plan was to attack the financial aspect from multiple angles so the site doesn't rely on the 20% amount from the start. Obviously 20% isn't going to be lucrative until writers start getting good, or you start taking in a lot of submissions.

To Run This Site You Need:
-
To know or be willing to learn how to publish ebooks
- To know how to use Wordpress or find a good developer to help out
- To have a Mac (only if you want to publish to ibooks. trust me you do.)

Proelia

Fight for Freedom
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 15, 2015
Canada
I sent you a message. Not sure if you took a look at it. I didn't think this was even available anymore until I saw your post on another offer thread. Seems like people would rather pay for something even if it is of less value haha :p

I have a Mac, the skills, energy and time for Nonovels

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I sent you a message. Not sure if you took a look at it. I didn't think this was even available anymore until I saw your post on another offer thread. Seems like people would rather pay for something even if it is of less value haha :p

I have a Mac, the skills, energy and time for Nonovels

Hey Proelia,

I meant to reply the other night. Just been busy.

The platform no longer exists as it was. The website expired.

If you want we can chat about how it was set up and see if it's something you can move forward with.

I'll PM you, probably tomorrow with details.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
The model is already proven. Here are some company's that have done it:
  • Smashwords
  • Draft2Digital
  • Lulu
  • BookBaby
The difference between nonovels and these companies is that nonovels was meant to add value back to the marketplace. Where the others just publish books, nonovels wants to publish better books.

the site is deleted?

What do you mean by this? Do you hand pick the books? How do monitor quality?

why would an author choose your site over an established competitor like D2D when they only charge 15% net royalties?

would love a PM explaining this as well if you get a chance. thanks

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
the site is deleted?

What do you mean by this? Do you hand pick the books? How do monitor quality?

why would an author choose your site over an established competitor like D2D when they only charge 15% net royalties?

would love a PM explaining this as well if you get a chance. thanks

Yes the site has been deleted from my server.

It took up a lot of space and since nobody wanted it after like 9 months I got rid of it and let the domain expire.

@Andy Black @Vigilante

Can you delete this listing when you have time?

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Yes the site has been deleted from my server.

It took up a lot of space and since nobody wanted it after like 9 months I got rid of it and let the domain expire.?
wow. i cannot believe noone took you up on this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.