The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
I see a lot of progress post that are inspiring and filled with great information.

Thought I would share where I am at with my New Product adventure.

My business partner and I have come up with a new product that we think is viable and will add value to many business men and women.

The Problem: Business professionals' suits and dresses get wrinkled when you pack them. Whether you stuff them in your gym bag or have to travel for a business meeting your clothes become wrinkled in transportation and is an inconvenience.

Our Solution: We have created a way to keep the friction to a minimum adding a light weight material between the clothing. We have also added a different solution than the traditional folding technique used by 90% of us.

Value:
  1. Wrinkle Free
  2. Durable
  3. Convenient
  4. Simple/Easy to Use
  5. Size is smaller than a garment bag which is the direct competition
  6. Stand-alone product
  7. Outstanding Customer Service
  8. Environmentally Friendly material's

We are waiting for 3D images to be finished so we can create a landing page and start testing the market.

During this time, I have done the following:
  1. Read Cashvertising by Dre Eric Whitman to work on my Copywriting skills – practice the techniques in this book on my other business that is pretty automated.
  2. Started reading other Copywriting books suggest to me by @AMartineau (thank you). Crypto Copywriting Secrets – Ben Settle
  3. Hired a Freelancer (Upwork) to come up with a professional Logo.
  4. Offer value where I can on many forums about business travelers, gym fanatics, MMA, Health & Fitness, etc.
  5. Working on a Landing page to confirm if there is definitely a market.
  6. Fine tuning the product and testing it often.
  7. Creating a community with a Facebook page, Instagram coming soon when we have images of the product.
I recently started writing out my to do list on “MY FASTLANE DAILY” planner. It helps me stay on track and focus on the important tasks that need to be done.

My daily give-up might have to be to limit my time on this Fastlane Forum!!! I get so into the great threads on here.

Thank you to the other members who have helped me so far. I greatly appreciate it.

Will post more updates along the way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Now I remember, I was looking at a travel blog and either saw this or something just like it.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
There are similar products on the market.
The most popular is a garmet bag. However ours is specifically for your business suit or dress.
Think about the people at the gym where you see them with their business attire slung over their shoulder on a hanger.
The Belvedere would be used for this purpose.
Much like the rolled up yoga mat. But with a suit inside. The roll keeping it from wrinkling.
Same with traveling. We will not have any other compartments for your entire trip but just the suit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
Quick update:

We are gaining progress on the 3D images of our concept. I am really impressed with the freelancers work. He is a little off the expected due date, but has kept up on communicating with each development step and reasons for being behind schedule.

Landing Page: I have researched Landing Pages and once the images are ready I am going to sign up with one of the companies that allows A/B testing, automated email responder and some other important features I think will help us with the testing phase.

Copy Content: I am constantly working on my copywriting skills with my lifestyle brand I own. It is good to go outside my comfort zone and see the analytics of what gets peoples attention.

Logo: We have a finished logo that we like. However, reading a forum I found in here about logos I might tweak it a bit so it is easily readable in all Social Media platforms and for printing purposes.

Social Media: I created a Facebook page and am in the process of gaining followers. I have run out of email addresses, which you need to create another Instagram account. But I think I can solve that problem relatively easy enough. I should have that done by the end of the week. I am only on those two platforms for my other businesses so I might just stick to those two for now.

Product Testing: Some of our ideas have worked better than others. We will have to change the copy and the wording for one of the benefits a bit, as to not oversell what our product can do. But overall we have come up with something that will add value to many business men & women.

Online Course: Signed up for an Udemy course to learn different aspects of business I feel I need a better understanding of. Without this forum I would of have never known about Udemy! It is a great resource.

While we are waiting to see if this product is viable I have researched other e-commerce products I believe I can add value too.

I read a lot of @biophase threads and am always learning from him. Thank you for that!

I am constantly looking at my short term & long term goals and seeing how I can achieve them better. I love the fire that both MJ's books have ignited.

This forum is truly inspiring and I just want to say THANK YOU to all the contributors and MJ!

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
Update:

Have the proof of concept images and reading to start creating a landing page to test the product and see if the product is viable.

Giving myself and my partner 1 week to get at least something up to test the market.

Created a FB page and working on the Instagram account this week.

Side note: I like reading my own progress! It is definitely keeping me accountable!

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
We've been busy with The Belvedere.

1. We kicked off the Landing page. Started ads in Google Adwords and Facebook Ads. Received 121 clicks from Google Adwords and spent $98.82 before we turned it off. On Facebook we received 803 people reached - 15 post engagements & 9 clicks and spent $22.77. Wasn't really impressed with the numbers but we are learning as we are going.

2. Created the social media pages on Facebook & Instagram - those are the only ones I am familiar with and have the time to invest in right now.

3. The feed back was all positive. People either could use it themselves or believed there is a market for The Belvedere.

4. Through networking I was able to secure a meeting with the owner of a custom suit company close by. I created a Power Point presentation and went in hoping to gain knowledge about the industry and to learn if his clients would be interested in using a product like ours.
He gave me a great insight into our target market and even better ideas on our overall strategy on getting it to market.

5. I walked away from that meeting knowing we need to get some prototypes into our target markets hands.
All of our ads and social media posts are great but if people can't see the final product and know for 100% certainty that it will do what we say it will then the ads are pointless.

We are now working on getting working prototypes to take into suit companies and test the market that way.

I am writing all of this on 2 hours of sleep as the wife thought it would be a great idea to get two... yes 2 Golden Retriever puppies! I will save that for another "rant" post!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.