The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Traveling niche

Idea threads

Dominykas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Sep 25, 2022
Hello everyone. I just read The Millionaire Fastlane and mostly I'm interested in traveling niche. I noticed that some lonely travelers are looking for friends or new people to travel with. Also I spotted that some posts in social media contains photos of interesting places or something and that receives many comments like "where is this place located?". So I started building website that will help people find their travelers partners and go for a trip together. Also in that platform everyone can share their photos of interesting places and it will be automatically displayed on a map so others could see exact location of that place. But I think these steps aren't enough and it will not lead me to fastlane even if there would be a paid membership plan. So, I am looking for advice and for help on bigger idea what would have more impact and more value for all travelers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Janitor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 31, 2023
Estonia
Not an expert by any definition, but my third person perspective advice to go with what you have right now.

To hell with the idea of getting to the fastlane right now. If you build the website the way you envision right now, you'll get feedback and ideas to grow and scale your business on the way.

Tortley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 17, 2022
I agree with W0rmwood.
You should try with what you get and have feedback on your current site and positioning.

Also, I write here (instead of starting a new subject).
I am in the process of buying a travel agency with a storefront (I just had a meeting with the seller). All the indicator seems good.
But I have no previous experience in the travel area.
Is there some people here who have some insight?

My main "doubt" is about the market. Is it a market that will perish or have difficulties
- because of inflation (increase of prices then decrease of people travelling for entertaining) ?
- because of internet (youngers are more used to internet then people will tend to use less agencies?

Also, I trust the fact that if I deliver an service that worths it , it should be ok no matter the inflation or internet.

ps Dominykas : If I buy the business, I may be able in few months to give you a feedback :)

T

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
@Dominykas There's NomadList which has (or at least used to have) a function like that. Members had an area, where they could post their travel itinerary, and if it coincided with other members, they could link up and travel together.

They also have meetups, which members can host or rsvp to attend, in different locations.

However, NomadList covers a lot of different travel data and interaction categories. Your best shot at getting traction on your travel partner approach is to focus mainly on that one thing and be the go-to for that.

I've done a lot of traveling, and have one travel-related website (the one in my signature).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

4gus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 18, 2023
Hello everyone. I just read The Millionaire Fastlane and mostly I'm interested in traveling niche. I noticed that some lonely travelers are looking for friends or new people to travel with. Also I spotted that some posts in social media contains photos of interesting places or something and that receives many comments like "where is this place located?". So I started building website that will help people find their travelers partners and go for a trip together. Also in that platform everyone can share their photos of interesting places and it will be automatically displayed on a map so others could see exact location of that place. But I think these steps aren't enough and it will not lead me to fastlane even if there would be a paid membership plan. So, I am looking for advice and for help on bigger idea what would have more impact and more value for all travelers.
So, if I can try to relate, I think there are 2 different scenarios:
1. I haven't start traveling and (maybe) I want to find traveling buddy
2. I am already traveling solo but then I want to find traveling partner

I've been in both situation.
For no. 2: I've been traveling full time for the past 1.5 years and I am backpacking solo.
And you're right, traveling can get lonely lol. From my limited experience as backpacker, we tend to stay in hostels where we can meet people and explore the place together.
If I cant find any friends, I'll use meetup.com, local facebook group or couchsurfing and sign up for events around the area.

For no. 1 and also my experience when my friends asked: "where is this located", they just want to know, and not necessarily to go there. They want to travel but mostly cant, because of work or family commitment. So most of the time, I still end up going by myself.
Even if they can go, traveling with friends are not easy. He can be your good friend but turns out he's a terrible traveling partner lol. Traveling together with stranger will add another issue like safety for example.

My main "doubt" is about the market. Is it a market that will perish or have difficulties
- because of inflation (increase of prices then decrease of people travelling for entertaining) ?
- because of internet (youngers are more used to internet then people will tend to use less agencies?
My brother did this 3 years ago. Only agency, no storefront. His business didn't work out. Because most travel agents offer the same thing. It was hard for him to compete with bigger agency since they can offer more discount for their travel packages.
I have a friend who run traveling agency with storefront and his business is okay.
IMO, pick a niche. For example, storefront is very useful if your clients are retirees, cant find good deals by themselves, not familiar with internet, don't want to bother with researching which hotels to stay etc and they just want someone else to do it for them. Or big group (10+) vs small private group (2-6) with customized itineraries and private driver/ tour guide, i.e. luxury package.

Gus

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.