The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not Quite New Here, But It's Time For a Breakthrough

DoubleDareYou

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 10, 2016
High Elevation Mountain Rainforest
Hi dear fellow fastlaners, I'm DDY and it's my pleasure to join TFF.

First of all I'd love to thank MJ for such an awesome book and community. After all, he is the real reason why we're all here in this great place full of like-minded individuals who unite in pursue of one common goal.

I, like many of you, have been hitting my head against the same wall over and over... :headbanger:

Go to College,
Land a Safe Job,
Loan Your Way Up,
Work to Pay The Debts...
Yeah sure! Let's all do that!

While I rapidly learned there are other ways to move forward in financial terms, it definitely wasn't easy nor painless to change my inner paradigm. I've been pursuing FL opportunities since my childhood, but was often taught to rely on other's opinions, not to trust in my own instinct, and to live the same life everyone else does.

Today I know there's really nobody to blame. This is just the way mainstream society is conformed, and there are many reasons for that which are beyond the scope of this introduction.

Get To Know Me​

Short after starting Engineering I also began working freelance. I was the kinda guy who would work my a$$ while studying, save during the whole year, and then travel during the breaks somewhere like Thailand or Argentina. Finally, I dropped out of college while researching for my paper, took a job in the area of my career just to see if I really liked it, and quit three months later.

Since then, I started focusing on my freelance career and did quite well. But there was something missing, there always was a missing piece in my mindset. So in the spirit of entrepreneurship and substantial 'guru' advice I started a new path in business. With no responsibilities and a steady income from my freelance job there was nothing to lose, right?

First I was doing local biz. I started a Deli Shop, it was looking good but I violated the commandment of Entry and Time, busted! I decided to move on.

Back in the drawing board I went brainstorming and created a new brand around my freelance skills. I was intending to teach others those skills and charge for it. So I quickly built everything up, ran a proof of concept and guess what? It didn't live up to my expectations...I was still tied to my own Time, and the Need wasn't big enough to hire people and Scale it up.

After two big fails I felt ready to learn from my mistakes and make things better. Today I run an almost passive-income business in the gaming industry that pays my bills while violating the Control commandment (it is a third-party service so I'm tied to the owner's regulations).

THIS IS WHEN I READ TMF (got to know MJ from his CENTS video in FightMediocrity YT channel)

Nowadays, I'm already de-brainwashed and it's been more than a year around here, reading, learning and applying all your wonderful insight into my own processes. I'm currently saving a lot, developing the infrastructure to outsource my gaming business, and doing some preparations to move to another place safer and with more opportunities for me and my family.

I still consider myself a low earner, but my life quality is great. I live in a very depressed economy and have had to do many sacrifices in order to succeed, i.e., spend like a homeless, invest every penny in either my own or my business growth.

My immediate goals are to transform my freelance career, it has all the requirements to become a CENTS business and it already SUCS :p. Also to be moved out completely by next year, and look for real estate as investment in my new location.

I've actually been here for more than a while. So my real breakthrough is finally realizing how important it is to belong and share with this unique community which is like NO OTHER. And believe me...I've been there, done that, Multiple Times!

There's No Other Like This One So Please...

If you just came here, have been for a while, or haven't decided yet if it's up to your 'standards' let me make this easier for you:

DO IT, just DO IT! Do not look any further, just DO IT!

1. Buy the book
  2. Register here
  3. Open up your mind &
  4. Shut down your EGO
I call it the BROS strategy for success in the Fastlane ;) Credits to MJ...

Back up, in the long-term I have a franchise concept to work on. It's feasible and bullseye in all terms, so please wish me the best in order to bring it to your city soon.

Now, to spur things up catch this gem!

¿What would you do if you could legally profit from all sources of income tax free?

This is going to be my situation real soon, so if you have any idea or just want to have fun with the implications please comment below.

Thanks to you all for your time, I expect to be here often sharing and learning from the community!

All the best,

-DDY

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Hey DDY, welcome to the forum!

Great story you have there.

The struggle is a big part of success. When I got started working online, I didn't make any money for the first 6 months. I didn't quit though and just kept grinding until I earned my first $$$.

So what do you plan to do in the following months? Are you going to continue teaching how to freelance?

DoubleDareYou

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 10, 2016
High Elevation Mountain Rainforest
Hey DDY, welcome to the forum!

Great story you have there.

The struggle is a big part of success. When I got started working online, I didn't make any money for the first 6 months. I didn't quit though and just kept grinding until I earned my first $$$.

So what do you plan to do in the following months? Are you going to continue teaching how to freelance?

Hi fast, thanks for the greetings!

I surely have struggled, but right now I'm in a positive trend working both in expanding my freelancing career and further streamlining my gaming related business.

Teaching freelance skills was more in the lines of a failure of approach, I did it locally and personally. It was indeed profitable but not as much as required in order to expand it by its own means (there are more optimal ways to do this, check SinisterLex teachings). Instead, I focused on getting better freelance clients and filled the income gap slowlane style.

Right now my business pays the bills and I save/invest my freelance earnings whether in the biz or my own. The thing is I can already see the ceiling, being a third-party service without official recognition limits your infrastructure capabilities in many ways. I could port this easily to other countries but it would have the same limitations and challenges as well. So instead of moving it to another market, I'm just focusing on polishing the details and having someone else run it for me.

Have I learned from it? Hell yeah! One has to cultivate the necessary skills and relations in order to advance, that's why I'm here. As I said above, like-minded individuals, one common goal. That's my purpose, to exponentially grow the value I can give and help people along the way.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
welcome and thanks for your story. you will find many useful tidbits of immense advice on this forum. stick with it and remain disciplined and become a linchpin. god bless

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...