The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Never lived a scripted life, never succeeded in an Unscripted ready, ready to start

Cliq

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2020
MONTREAL
Hi guys, my name is Eyal and I'm thrilled to join your community.
I've had anything but a conventional- or scripted- lifestyle. I grew up moving house to house (16x to be exact) over the course of my youth. My parents were house-flippers. I never had any extra-curricular's and I was always a crappy student except for the few courses that interested me. Hell, I never made it through high school. Then one day a girl got me into my first organized extra-curricular, competitive ballroom dancing. Very out there I know, but it was such a different experience to be in an organized environment where teachers "cared" about me and showed me a systematic method of self development and learning. It was from this that I was able to start believing I can make changes and ultimately be in control of my life. I started working with a trainer at the gym at a pretty young age and had such incredible results after 6 months that they were echoed to me. I'd bump into friends who I haven't seen in months and they wouldn't believe I wasn't on steroids lol.
Growing up I always rejected everything the teachers at schools would teach me. All the scripted perceptions of success. I remember my guidance councilor in a comforting tone explain to me that it's okay if I don't want to or can't do the work at school. There's a lot of jobs for people who don't want or can't go to post graduate school. There's always a need in society for construction workers and so on.
I've had so many types of jobs (just-over-broke) that I gained so much interesting experience from them as well as perception. I saw the faces of those who have succumbed to the realities of scripted life, the demeanor of "I give up, there's nothing else". I remember one year even taking on a summer job in construction, for all the opposite reason of what I was recommended for though lol. I was in a state of perpetual self-challenge. I was in the gym with my trainer 4 days a week, I was practicing 2-4 hours a day of competitive dance with my dance-partner and I want to up my physical game so I'd start every morning demolishing a house (with my shirt off in the blazing summer of course) from 6am - 2pm.
I've been reeled into the MLM world of WFG (World Financial Group) where despite the frowned upon model, I learned really interesting things in sales and boot camps and how the mind works in that respect.

So why am I here, on this forum, currently reading UNSCRIPTED .
I've what many in the world would say have had great success in the ballroom dance industry, what champions in my industry would consider a great failure. More importantly than all, what I consider in one perspective view as a success, and what I still consider an incomplete action to the goal, therefore it ended with mixed feelings. To be clear on an international scale my wife and I made it to the top 75 in the world of over 300+ couples and top 48 in the rising star. My wife, who has an MBA in business at one point had enough and took a great opportunity for herself as a director of marketing. We moved to Montreal for her to take on the job (She's originally from there and had moved to Toronto to dance with me). As for myself I find myself in a new city, not making almost any income, spending 4.5 hours each morning in a class learning french, and importantly above all else, unable to identify who I am anymore. I was once a dancer in a niche industry, at a high national and international level, now I can hardly find work, I cannot continue competing with another woman due very much to the nature of the dance style and mentally circling ideas of re-skilling and re-educating myself. Thoughts of GED swam to my mind with extreme dread.

I've known that I will never be the slowearner, the sidewalker, I MUST do whatever it takes to win at this competition called life. I must own mine by any means. I will learn whatever skills I need, endure any pain or discomfort necessary, adopt whatever mindset and direction of thought necessary. I will bring value to this world, I will bring something the world absolutely needs and I will share my journey of failure and ultimately success as I come across it, with all of you. I also hope that along my journey your advice, your documentations of your success and failure, will aide me on my quest to claim discover and bring to the world the actual values that I know I can and must deliver.

Also I am bad at keeping things brief and there's tons of gaps in my story from one thing to the next, happy to fill them in for anyone with any questions. Naturally, very thrilled to receive recommendations or advice!

Best,

Eyal

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

Hey Eyal,

Very interesting story, very inspiring, you seem to have so much experience other people could beneficiate from! Of course, the obvious play here would be to teach construction or dancing to make a bit of money, learn sales, marketing etc and expand. You seem to be very resourceful, i can only advise you to read gold threads of this forum, and to aslo read TMF if you haven't.

Welcome!

Monfi

Cliq

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2020
MONTREAL
Hey Eyal,

Very interesting story, very inspiring, you seem to have so much experience other people could beneficiate from! Of course, the obvious play here would be to teach construction or dancing to make a bit of money, learn sales, marketing etc and expand. You seem to be very resourceful, i can only advise you to read gold threads of this forum, and to aslo read TMF if you haven't.

Welcome!

Monfi

Thanks Monfi! While I will definitely take the advice of reading in only the gold threads and I will definitely sink my teeth into TMF as soon as I'm done UNSCRIPTED . I'm just finishing it up right now. As far as putting on a play dance, that's not in my cards, I'm trying to do everything I can to not depend on that industry anymore. The niche is small, full of cliques (coincidence by my name :D ) and extremely subjective which leads to lots of corrupt practices.
I see more harm than benefit for people in that industry, at least competitive ballroom dancing.
Looking for much bigger problems to solve and tackle now!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome and thanks for the intro. I'd say that success in ballroom dance is much the same as success in business. Congrats on being one of the best in something, really says a lot about your potential.

Hope to cya around the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cliq

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2020
MONTREAL
Welcome and thanks for the intro. I'd say that success in ballroom dance is much the same as success in business. Congrats on being one of the best in something, really says a lot about your potential.

Hope to cya around the forum!

Appreciate the kind words, looking forward to digging in deep here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...