The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Becoming a Producer

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
I had a few weeks on the forum now and decided I start my personal execution thread.

I skip the part of who I am (you can read it in my introduction post).

In short: I have a local coaching business for 2years now (like therapy for healthy people), and also started a second project last year where I sold my online course a few times. I want to create with this project a scalable FL business.

One thing about my goals: Financially: I want to make 35.000€ this year (possible net income for myself).
On learning goals: Improve
- Entrepreneurial/ economic thinking (find out what I dont know)
- Marketing: Copywriting
- Coachingskills: by using trance more often and practicing it, storytelling, clear communication
- Personal: raising to another level of productivity by eliminating even more distractions and learning how to enjoy the process even more

This is like a progress diary for me. I dont intent to write it so much for the reader and more for myself (I know, bad copywriting)

So here is what I found out so far:

• This forum is huge and offers so much value.
  • As I noticed while reading the TFM: I miss education in economy, business theory (MJ writes about "you need to know the basics!). Thats why I ordered "The 10 day MBA" to get basic knowledge of what I actually dont know. So I can dig deeper on the specific topics I think I need most at the moment.
  • I first was thinking about how I move on with my business. While reading across the forum I also noticed: I could use Ads to drive sales for my online course.
    Problem: I only used SEO for traffic so far and dont know much about Google Ads or FBAds. If I want to use it, I want to be prepared and make the most out of it. So that brings me to the next problem: Good Ads need to convert (otherwise they waste money).
    So: I need to be good at copywriting. I know a little copy writing but def. need to improve it.
  • I also found advice in the forum on how to funnel my coaching business. Thats a plan to pursue after the basics are learned (copywriting, Ad marketing)
  • Tons of other valuable stuff I read and want to read. I notice how I can spend the whole day reading and getting new input. So I need to filter, scheudule time and focus on implementing.
So here is what my ideas are on how to execute:

1. Learn Copywriting fast:
Step 1: Use @Lex DeVille guides (e.g. this one) to create a Upwork account and offer copywriting.
Step 2: Use my NLP background, the books "Ca$hvertising" and "Web Copy That Sells" + Lex DeViles Guide this one to start writing copy on Upwork
Step 3: Apply the learnings on how to write good copy to my online courses salespage

2. Learn Google Ads and FB Ads fast:
Step 1: Again use the Upwork account to offer it.
Step 2: Find ressources to learn it (not researched so far)
Step 3: Apply the learnings and create a Ad Campain for my online course.

3. Further Steps to be added once I am there

Time Horizon:

For 1) 2-3 months
For 2) 2-3 months
Focus during that time: Applying and learning in the specific topic, developing my course marketing, my local coaching clients, learning and reading on supporting topics for 1-2h/day.

That's it for now. I guess I also need to start meditating since my mind is racing because of all the "fuel" for a few days now and I can't fall asleep then. I like that "mindracing" and it feels excited. Though I know that it will not workout good long term if I miss to "shut down" a littl before bed time. Anyone else knows that?

Thanks for reading, thanks for all the valuable content and a special thanks to @Lex DeVille for the epic posts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Short Update:
  • Day 7 on Lex' Guide + got some great new headline ideas for my product + wrote some copy
  • Created the Upwork account + got approved right after it
  • Received "Web Copy That Sells"
  • Continue the Copywriting guide and gonna reach out for my first job on Upwork
You'll be updated.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Short Update:

• Just finished Lex DeVilles Guide for Copywriting ( Here )
  • Will implement my Copy into my Upwork Portfolio and apply for my first job
  • Reading Cashvertising and taking further notes on my Copywriting Spreadsheet
  • My Business Coaching offer was accepted: Will have a client for 6 months now and we will meet twice a month for 2 hours - this gets me a good 4 figure income (once). I was nervous first because the client really rocks his shit in business. There was no doubt I would take it though I had some animalic need to flee from the situation :happy: Now I have to prepare for the coaching + my other coachingclients, too

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
First of all, welcome to the forum. Joining is probably the best decision you'll make all year, there's so much value to be found on here. Use it and provide value for others in return.

I first was thinking about how I move on with my business. While reading across the forum I also noticed: I could use Ads to drive sales for my online course.
Problem: I only used SEO for traffic so far and dont know much about Google Ads or FBAds. If I want to use it, I want to be prepared and make the most out of it. So that brings me to the next problem: Good Ads need to convert (otherwise they waste money).
So: I need to be good at copywriting. I know a little copy writing but def. need to improve it.
This is flawed thinking. You own a coaching business. That business should be your main focus. You're the CEO, it's your job to grow the business, work on strategy etc. Writing good copy will take time. As you wrote in your introduction post, you're aware that the amount of time you have is limited. So why spend months learning how to write copy when you could just pay an excellent copywriter to do that for you and focus the time you save on growing your business instead? Like @Kak said: Stop playing an instrument and start playing the orchestra. Stop focusing on all the small parts of the picture and instead focus on what you need to do to grow your business on a CEO level (strategy, growth etc).
Step 1: Use @Lex DeVille guides (e.g. this one) to create a Upwork account and offer copywriting.
Step 2: Use my NLP background, the books "Ca$hvertising" and "Web Copy That Sells" + Lex DeViles Guide this one to start writing copy on Upwork
Step 3: Apply the learnings on how to write good copy to my online courses salespage
This statement confuses me. You want to learn copywriting because you believe it will help you grow your business. But now you want to offer copywriting services on Upwork? Stop taking time away from things that will actually grow your business.
Again, why learn all this yourself when there's experts that can provide your 10x the value in 10x less time? And again, why offer this service on Upwork? It doesn't align with the goal of your business.
In short: I have a local coaching business for 2years now (like therapy for healthy people), and also started a second project last year where I sold my online course a few times. I want to create with this project a scalable FL business.
This is what you need to focus on. Marketing, Advertising, Copywriting are all things that will help you grow your coaching business, but they shouldn't be your main focus now. The coaching business and the courses you offer with it is where the ACTUAL value and potential are located. Stop focusing on the small parts of your business (the instruments). Instead, focus on your business as a whole (and it's potential) and identify the people that can get you there (great copywriters, ad/marketing experts etc.) If you don't have the money to hire them, see what you can offer them instead.

If you need help with this, feel free to send me a DM.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I had a few weeks on the forum now and decided I start my personal execution thread.

I skip the part of who I am (you can read it in my introduction post).

One thing about my goals: Financially: I want to make 35.000€ this year (possible net income for myself).
On learning goals: Improve
- Entrepreneurial/ economic thinking (find out what I dont know)
- Marketing: Copywriting
- Coachingskills: by using trance more often and practicing it, storytelling, clear communication
- Personal: raising to another level of productivity by eliminating even more distractions and learning how to enjoy the process even more

This is like a progress diary for me. I dont intent to write it so much for the reader and more for myself (I know, bad copywriting)

So here is what I found out so far:
  • This forum is huge and offers so much value.
  • As I noticed while reading the TFM: I miss education in economy, business theory (MJ writes about "you need to know the basics!). Thats why I ordered "The 10 day MBA" to get basic knowledge of what I actually dont know. So I can dig deeper on the specific topics I think I need most at the moment.
  • I first was thinking about how I move on with my business. While reading across the forum I also noticed: I could use Ads to drive sales for my online course.
  • I also found advice in the forum on how to funnel my coaching business. Thats a plan to pursue after the basics are learned (copywriting, Ad marketing)
  • Tons of other valuable stuff I read and want to read. I notice how I can spend the whole day reading and getting new input. So I need to filter, scheudule time and focus on implementing.
So here is what my ideas are on how to execute:

3. Further Steps to be added once I am there

Time Horizon:

For 1) 2-3 months
For 2) 2-3 months
Focus during that time: Applying and learning in the specific topic, developing my course marketing, my local coaching clients, learning and reading on supporting topics for 1-2h/day.

That's it for now. I guess I also need to start meditating since my mind is racing because of all the "fuel" for a few days now and I can't fall asleep then. I like that "mindracing" and it feels excited. Though I know that it will not workout good long term if I miss to "shut down" a littl before bed time. Anyone else knows that?

Thanks for reading, thanks for all the valuable content and a special thanks to @Lex DeVille for the epic posts.
...see you back in 4-6 months?

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
After more than 2 months after my last post, I have to make a confession....

I didn't get where I wanted to be today.

The plan was to become good at copywriting and become good at Facebook ads.

I'd say: I learned a lot about copywriting and got some insights and
learned the basics about Facebook ads.

But I am far from being good at it - I would say.

To be honest: I thought a long time about the metaphor of you @Creed : Start playing the orchestra instead of playing the instruments.
My view at it:

If you want to play the orchestra, you need to know the basics and know how to play the instruments at a basic level. Especially the core-instruments: Violin, trumpet, Drums. In business, I guess its the same: Marketing, Ads, Product.

So investing in learning Copywriting and Ads at a basic level still seems right to me. But it also seems logical that I can't be good at all of them.

So, thanks for starting that thought process @Creed

What happend in the last two months?
Copywriting:
  • Started reading Ca$hvertising and "Web copy that sells"
  • Started implementing it and rewriting my Salespage
  • Wrote Copy for FB Ads
  • Researched German Copywriters who could write the copy for me
    The results: There are very few freelancers who have a good portfolio / reputation. Only found one guy who offered me to rewrite my salespage for 600$ by reducing my existing SP to 2500 words + rewriting parts - didn't seem a good deal to me. What do you think?
  • Reached out to a marketing agency without a reply so far
    Asked them to do a Idea validation process with me: Offer/Salespage/Ads/Audience testing
Facebook Ads:
  • I am in contact with The-J who supports me and gives advice on what to do.
  • Trying to figure out the HOW to do it with Facebook Blueprint - started some courses and implemented them to...
  • Start(ed) several FB Ads and tested various Variables as audiences, Ad-Copy, Ad-Pictures etc.
  • Invested 500€ so far in the ads
Coaching
  • Started the business coaching I wrote about earlier - I am in the 4 th session. He reported me great results so far. Really happy with the job and the income it creates.
  • Had a Corona-caused idea for a coaching offer:
  • Wrote a Homeoffice guide for employers for their employees and
  • collected email addresses from local city businesses and
  • sent them the guide and reached out to them
  • Had a lot of trouble with existing and new clients because of Corona pandemic
  • Looked and still looking for new rooms for coaching. Thinking about office hacking (renting and rerenting it)
  • Learning and implementing new methods eg. hypnosis.
  • Hired someone on fiverr to rework my coaching business design pieces (that one is related to the Homeoffice guide)

So, most important: What have been the results?
  • 0 Conversions/ Sales of the product I want to validate
  • CTR of the ads very low
  • Basic understanding of copywriting + really like writing
  • Basic understanding of how FB Ads work
  • Figured: There are SO many (TOO many) variables to handle within the validation: Product Offer, Salespage Copy, FB Ad targeting, FB Ad Copy.... - I feel like tapping the dark.
  • Found an office where I could do the coachings - still in Contact. This could work out.
  • 0 response from businesses to my Homeoffice guide.
Basic line: I feel totally overwhelmed, uncertain and disoriented from now.
Results are by far not what I hoped for.

I feel like I didn't make good use of my time, resources and not making progress. In addition I feel totally uncertain on what to do next and as a result...

I procrastinate A LOT.

I am doubting a lot and wondering
- whether I am on the right track,
- how to make good use of my time
- what to do next
- if I should drop my product idea
- if I should invest more time/ money
- who could help me with copy/ads/idea validation

I would really appreciate your thoughts and support for the situation.

Hope you are all well. Salutes
Benedict

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Pivot or preserve.

As for doubts - they are natural. And they appear mostly before something important.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Pivot or preserve.

As for doubts - they are natural. And they appear mostly before something important.
Thanks for the reply, Kid. I will think about the two options. I am glab to hear, that doubt can be an indicator for change!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.