The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marking the next Milestone: Where to put the next year of time?

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Before I start: I wasnt sure if that post should go here or in the idea discussion. But since I have the business and work on it already a few years I thought its more about strategy than the general idea.

What is this thread about?
I have a few ideas on what could be the next step but I am not sure which way to go.

My Goal:
To have a strategy I execute in the next 4-12 months.

Where do I stand?
I have 2 businesses:
  1. My slowlane business: I got trained to be a prof NLP Coach. I started a local business coaching people in various topics to get better in the skill of coaching and to get a better understanding of the needs of people. Also, this local business had the purpose and is designed to get me a steady income (mostly slowlane) while doing what I enjoy, developing skills and character while still having enough time to build my "fastlane business":
  2. My fastlane 'project': As I have started it one year ago its more like a project than a running business so far: While working in "Business 1" I saw the demand of several clients coming to me. It could be stated like: "I am unsatisfied in my job, I look for something different...but I dont know what and where to look for it" So I thought I could make an online course out of it. --> Built the website and the course, launched it to a email lead list of a friend.
(If you should be interested in more detail where I stand and where I come from, read my entry post to the forum: Time Is The Most Valuable Thing. Happy To Be Here - Hi! )

Where do I want to go?
For Business 2: Get (even more) out of "money for time", scale up, and most importantly: get fast feedback/proof or disproof of concept. Also: Since I have invested one year in B2 without much of ROI I would like to have some "money income" in the next months (rather then 1year+). Also, build long term if the concept is approved.

Where do I NOT want to go?
Spend another year on an idea without validation/ proof of concept. I know its part of the journey to not be sure if the idea will bring success - but I am more about the long TIME rather then the uncertainty per se.

My strategy ideas/options:
  1. Buy a "high ticket coaching strategy"-course/template and implement it. That would go like like: create a leadpage, use ads to adress the potential client, get leads, get them into a call and sell for 2-3k/client. What do I sell? An online video course, coupled with online live coachings + direct contact. The coaching is approx. 3 months each client. (total time per client per week on avarage: 1h) --> long term fastlane plans: outsource the salescall, automate (by video) the program even more, use group video calls and outsource direct coaching to an assistent coach.
  2. Go for SEO and Create Content around my topic (e.g. Videos, Blog Articles)
  3. Find and attract affiliates who promote my online video course while I improve the course content and marketing
  4. Open for ideas

More on 1:
I graded the idea on MJs Grading website. Here are the results.

A bit more on the CENTS:
  • Control: Only dependency is on Ad services like facebook or google. Also possible jobnetworks like linkedin. Otherwise I see no limitations to the control variable.
  • Entry: Thats a bit difficult and I a not sure about it: Everybody could theoretically start the same thing but if they lack the quality, coaching skills,... they dont have the same level of service. On the other side, the skill needed is spread and doesnt need to be too specific in order to start. I rated it higher since I have the backround, skills and also a bit of reputation (from Business 1).
  • Need: The pain for the individual is big ("I hate that job I want to change something"), so thats good. On the other side: What you find on the market is: Books that help you finde "your thing/passion" (but not a way to make money out of it), coaches like me in my Business 1 that support you but without a "clear strategy" (it looks like they "also do that" instead of beeing THE expert in it), and bigger agencies that miss the "personal" part and focus on headhunting/replacement.
  • Time: As I have written, at first it would consume more time and I would be needed but with more clients I could remove myself 90% out of it and delegate/use Humanressource - because the margin is high enough.
  • Scale: Bascially everyone with a job, not beeing happy with it and looking for a solution is a potential customer/ client. Depending wheater I go internationally or nationally that would be at least 20Millions (rough estimate).
  • Ease of access: After building the basics (leadpage, customer section, marketing video/message) I could fire up ADs and get access to the market.

Big question you might be asking: "What do you want from me?" Or: Why do I write this and how could you help me?
As I work on the project/ business/ ideas myself I find it hard to have a "neutral" view of the idea and the strategies. I am interested in "outside" views from you - because you are not involved (also emotionally) in it.
Plus: I respect any experiences you made in your (business/ entrepreneurial) life - and would like benefit from it.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Benedict,

thanks for sharing!

You mentioned that you already launched your course to an email list, did you get any sales from that? What was the conversion rate?

If you had sales at a reasonable conversion rate, I would suggest that its time to scale that course!!!!

Perhaps through affiliates or other influencers that have built similar email lists like your friend?

Best
Champion

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Hey Champion (nice name btw),

thanks for the reply. About the conversion rate: We had pretty poor conversion rates, actually.

Backround:
The list had 1100 emails in it (not sure about the "acutallitie" of the leads).
We had a launch planned: 7 Days pre launch, 10 days "cart open"
We mailed an "This is Benedict"-kinda link with a video that we recorded a day earlier where my friend and I had a little conversation so people could get to know me. The opening and view rates were at 40% open, 50% view rate.
The next mails we had lesser and lesser rates. Then on day 3 the email marketing provider had a technical issue and almost 50% of the list got "hard bounced"... the launch was form then on only to around 600 people.

Long story short:
We had 3 people buying the course at 247€ each.
--> 0,5% conversion rate (sales/number of leads)
or if we use the full (1100) list: ~0,25%

I leave the evaltuation open to you and am curious about it

My thoughts about it simple: There is a demand. Though I need to work on a) trustworthiness (especially when using affiliates), b) clear value communication in the launch videos, c) add a "there is someone I can talk to when I have problems or question"-part to the offer. I am just not sure if its worth the time investment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.