The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Insider intro - lots of knowledge little execution

annmarieski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Apr 13, 2022
Hello INSIDERS and fastlaners.

I am Ann Marie and quite new to the forum in general but figured I hop straight into the INSIDERS as a way to weed through the vast info in this forum and desire to just take action.

So let me go ahead and give you my intro and try to keep it short-ish :)

I am one of the many I see in this form that left traditional medicine. I Graduated from Med school in 2012 and was very fortunate to land employment with a start-up substance abuse & mental health facility. As the company grew I grew with it taking on an executive role in the clinical development as we went from 10 beds to over 220 beds across the nation - which I did for 8 years (happy to offer any support for someone venturing in this direction).

Fresh out of med school (without a residency) I was making a 6-digit salary and worked a "normal" 40-50 hours wks most of the time. I was overjoyed to pay some of my loans down and engage in the guilty pleasures of having money for travel, a nice car, and paying for dinners for the FIRST TIME in my life all while my friends struggled with their 40k salary as a resident and working 80 hour weeks.

I realized I loved the quality or value-creative aspect of business development and was good at creating processes...something I can understand now with the "love what you do" statement and not "do what you love" from unscripted . I learned so much about the business of medicine which is why I became jaded quite quickly with the insurance hypocrisy too.

However, I met my cap with the company and was truly living a scripted life. I had my true FTE after a childhood friend of mine passed away unexpectedly at 34 - this snapped me out of my routine mundaneness and realize how miserable I really was.

So, I embarked on my soul's journey of "what in the hell am I here to do". I was an emotional wreck and could not understand why, I had lots of Knowledge, had seen other doctors, and therapists, read an abundance of self-help books and meditated on a regular basis. Then, I heard about Hypnotherapy...

I figured what the hell and did a few sessions.

That turned my whole worldview around and woke me up even more to the scripted life I was living and wanted out! I finally processed the trauma that I THOUGHT I had gotten over which kept me stuck and fearful of change - of being a foster kid, a high school dropout, and having a very troubled youth.

After that transformation, I thought to myself I need to learn how to do this hypnosis stuff so I went back to school to become a hypnotherapist. Fast forward 3 years I left my corporate job and have my own private practice which has been doing well (however limited by my time).

I am not making my old salary however I am more abundant in my time and have full autonomy which is so bittersweet and would not change it for anything else besides more of it in the long run.

So here is what I am working on now in regards to my entrepreneurship

I have been learning to budget and live on 40k, minimizing and even getting true lessons on humility as I refuse to buy a new car until I can afford it as defined in unscripted . I would say for the first time in my life at 37 I am learning to budget - being self-employed and paying taxes now has truly given me that necessary lesson my childhood or family could not teach me.

I am focused on completely getting rid of my debt which is a mere 40k left in student loans - my younger self could of paid it off if she didn't splurge on those guilty pleasures o_O

All lessons learned...

I have a 1/5/10 which is something I do with my clients as well so I had that laid out a few years ago but have since needed revisions given the new awareness of who I am and what is more important to me now.

I have been taking the content route thus far and making as much as I am able to which is centered around what I am confident, good at, and knowledgeable about. I am learning new skills along the way while I create my own audio tracks and make meditations and hypnosis audios that I own. I do live lectures on insight timer (a meditation app) and will be putting my audios on youtube shortly in hopes to grow a channel. I have a podcast called Rapid Realization Podcast that I have been running weekly episodes for 10 months now and love simply educating on topics around consciousness, awareness, and emotional regulation.

After reading these books and being on this forum though I see some pivots I need to make in shifting my mindset to be more of a producer vs a consumer to create more value in the world that the market wants and not what I want.

I have been more focused on what I like or what I want - I can see how the whole life coaching space can fail because of this and need to simply listen to the market. I get a lot of people with sleep issues and also see so many complaints and comments. It is something I have helped many with thus far and is a big problem with various solutions out there that I have been brainstorming on how to help with this problem.

Right now I am keeping an open mind to ideas until something sticks - I am thankful for this space and all the amazing ideas and feedback simply from it. I am very open to any feedback if you read thus far and look forward to learning, listening, and or offering any support however I can :)

Ok, my LONG intro is done!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Incredible intro, so glad to have you here. Based on what you wrote, I see progress, the type of progress that leads to better things. Moreover, you've made happiness a priority for your Unscripted pursuit.

Welcome aboard.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome aboard - great intro. There's so much to read and process in this forum it can be daunting. I recommend you first skim through the titles of the GOLD and NOTABLE threads making note of the ones that seem to get your interest. Then you can go back and read through those first.

YouTube is also part of my biz plan. Happy to share what I've learned and assist when you're ready.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

I am Ann Marie and quite new to the forum in general but figured I hop straight into the INSIDERS as a way to weed through the vast info in this forum and desire to just take action.

I am one of the many I see in this form that left traditional medicine. I Graduated from Med school in 2012 and was very fortunate to land employment with a start-up substance abuse & mental health facility. As the company grew I grew with it taking on an executive role in the clinical development as we went from 10 beds to over 220 beds across the nation - which I did for 8 years (happy to offer any support for someone venturing in this direction).

Fresh out of med school (without a residency) I was making a 6-digit salary and worked a "normal" 40-50 hours wks most of the time. I was overjoyed to pay some of my loans down and engage in the guilty pleasures of having money for travel, a nice car, and paying for dinners for the FIRST TIME in my life all while my friends struggled with their 40k salary as a resident and working 80 hour weeks.

I realized I loved the quality or value-creative aspect of business development and was good at creating processes...something I can understand now with the "love what you do" statement and not "do what you love" from unscripted . I learned so much about the business of medicine which is why I became jaded quite quickly with the insurance hypocrisy too.

However, I met my cap with the company and was truly living a scripted life. I had my true FTE after a childhood friend of mine passed away unexpectedly at 34 - this snapped me out of my routine mundaneness and realize how miserable I really was.

So, I embarked on my soul's journey of "what in the hell am I here to do". I was an emotional wreck and could not understand why, I had lots of Knowledge, had seen other doctors, and therapists, read an abundance of self-help books and meditated on a regular basis. Then, I heard about Hypnotherapy...

That turned my whole worldview around and woke me up even more to the scripted life I was living and wanted out! I finally processed the trauma that I THOUGHT I had gotten over which kept me stuck and fearful of change - of being a foster kid, a high school dropout, and having a very troubled youth.

After that transformation, I thought to myself I need to learn how to do this hypnosis stuff so I went back to school to become a hypnotherapist. Fast forward 3 years I left my corporate job and have my own private practice which has been doing well (however limited by my time).

I am not making my old salary however I am more abundant in my time and have full autonomy which is so bittersweet and would not change it for anything else besides more of it in the long run.

I have been learning to budget and live on 40k, minimizing and even getting true lessons on humility as I refuse to buy a new car until I can afford it as defined in unscripted . I would say for the first time in my life at 37 I am learning to budget - being self-employed and paying taxes now has truly given me that necessary lesson my childhood or family could not teach me.

I am focused on completely getting rid of my debt which is a mere 40k left in student loans - my younger self could of paid it off if she didn't splurge on those guilty pleasures o_O

All lessons learned...

I have a 1/5/10 which is something I do with my clients as well so I had that laid out a few years ago but have since needed revisions given the new awareness of who I am and what is more important to me now.

I have been taking the content route thus far and making as much as I am able to which is centered around what I am confident, good at, and knowledgeable about. I am learning new skills along the way while I create my own audio tracks and make meditations and hypnosis audios that I own. I do live lectures on insight timer (a meditation app) and will be putting my audios on youtube shortly in hopes to grow a channel. I have a podcast called Rapid Realization Podcast that I have been running weekly episodes for 10 months now and love simply educating on topics around consciousness, awareness, and emotional regulation.

After reading these books and being on this forum though I see some pivots I need to make in shifting my mindset to be more of a producer vs a consumer to create more value in the world that the market wants and not what I want.

I have been more focused on what I like or what I want - I can see how the whole life coaching space can fail because of this and need to simply listen to the market. I get a lot of people with sleep issues and also see so many complaints and comments. It is something I have helped many with thus far and is a big problem with various solutions out there that I have been brainstorming on how to help with this problem.

Right now I am keeping an open mind to ideas until something sticks - I am thankful for this space and all the amazing ideas and feedback simply from it. I am very open to any feedback if you read thus far and look forward to learning, listening, and or offering any support however I can :)

Aw shucks, I read the whole post and there's nothing about skiing in it all

Asaah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 10, 2022
Ghana
Incredible intro, so glad to have you here. Based on what you wrote, I see progress, the type of progress that leads to better things. Moreover, you've made happiness a priority for your Unscripted pursuit.

Welcome aboard.

All lessons learned...

All lessons learned...

That's interesting. Seems your podcasts align with my current goals of improving upon my consciousness and awareness.
I've started reading The Power of Now( as suggested here by MJ) and Power vs Force. I can see improvement already.
I will have to check yours out too. All the best!

annmarieski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Apr 13, 2022
Aw shucks, I read the whole post and there's nothing about skiing in it all
haha! Ok how do I know you lol cause I soooo love skiing and it's definitely in the plan to do it regularly!

annmarieski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Apr 13, 2022
That's interesting. Seems your podcasts align with my current goals of improving upon my consciousness and awareness.
I've started reading The Power of Now( as suggested here by MJ) and Power vs Force. I can see improvement already.
I will have to check yours out too. All the best!
Power of now - my first self-help books that woke me up! powerful book
Power vs Force - loved it too. Sooooo many of Dr. Hawkins books are on my list of must-reads now.

Deep stuff man :)
All the best to you too in your journey.

André Casal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 1, 2018
Welcome Ann Marie, I'm really happy to see you make progress and work for what you love

I'm also working the content route at the moment. It makes me happy to help other people succeed in their business so let me know if you'd like to get together and discuss the work.

Kind regards!

informedconsent

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your story! So nice to see what you've been able to do and what you're heading towards. Following along :)

I have to say, I'm envious that you were able to join that startup and make so much so quickly even though it's not what was lasting and healthy for you in the end. Really, what a remarkable journey!

I'm a fellow physician, graduated 2017, did intern year, then quit. Struggling now but reading your story gave me hope.

Best wishes for you and what sounds like is an amazing present and future. Cheers!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...