The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm back at it!

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
I started contributing to this forum for years and stopped in 2019. I had just gotten set back when my SaaS co-founder left to work his marketing agency and we were feeling heat from our competitors. I was quite defeated at the time. I joined my co-founder's marketing agency as a sales rep, then I was promoted to sales manager. We doubled in revenue that year. Then the owner launched yet another business and left the marketing agency to slowly deteriorate. Long story short, he eventually had to make payroll with his own funds, and suddenly laid off 10 of 30 team members, including me. However, this is where my entrepreneurial journey picks up again, because never a-F*cking-gain will I work for someone else again, so-help-me god.

I learned a ton about leadership, managing teams, hiring, sales, sales management, systems and processes, the role of a sales manager and marketing manager, and the importance of what a CEO should actually be doing to help keep the company on course to greater success. Understanding organizational charts, how to manage, delegate, build team morale, creating compensation structures that actually work, etc I got a thorough education in managing people and I absolutely loved it. I also started a few classes of an MBA program at one point and learned some good info for someone who might be an executive in a large and established corporation. But for start-ups, some things help, but nothing beats experience, being in the right circles, and reading a ton of books on whatever topic I need to learn. I do intend to get a really damn good EMBA later in life, but I want to get it from a school like Wharton or Kellog.

Now, I'm married, no kids yet, and I have no job. I have some savings, and my wife's work pays our living expenses. She's extremely supportive of me starting a company because she knows this is what I eat, sleep, and dream about.. and she wants to live a really damn good life lol

All that being said, I'm in search of my next venture. I'm thinking about getting my last SaaS going again. I don't want to do it all by myself, however. I want solid partners who know their functional area well. Firstly, a mentor who's got a SaaS exit or two under their belt would be very helpful. Second, a programmer who can design UIs decently well but is stronger on full-stack web development, very strong grasp of OO design principles, and is willing to work for sweat equity. I think the ideal would be someone with an engineering degree. The other partner I'm thinking of is someone who is an experienced digital marketer. I'm talking about someone who understands how to do market research, how to design a campaign across a thoughtful marketing mix, write ad copy, and run ads on Google, Facebook, Tiktok, or other platforms. My contributions would be to function as CEO, supporting each function while also handling the boring stuff as well as strategy, networking, and forming any other partnerships that make sense. I don't intend to raise seed or venture capital from investors. If we find an opportunity that would warrant a VC backing I'd consider that, but I'm not sure I want the pressure of investors looking for a return. I've never done this before and the reality of it may not be as bad as it sounds.

My personal goal is to have $50M invested for a passive income. That means this project and the next should aim really damn high. It might take a number of exits to get there. But it also means that the payoff should be very reasonable for my partners as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Got it. My apologies. This should have been in the self promotion threads I believe. How can I do this?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I removed the part on looking for partners, this is against the forum rules.

You can self-promote and solicit in this thread...

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.