The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aspiring entrepreneur

Ramtin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 16, 2018
The Netherlands
Dear all, it's great to be here. Let me introduce my self and tell a short story about my life and what brought me here.

I am a 29 year old Persian guy born in Teheran and raised by my mother in The Netherlands since I was six. Feel more like an ordinary Dutch guy though. Completed MF a month ago and half way trough Unscripted . Have known for a couple of years now that I want the unscripted life instead of modern slavery, but MJ's words really opened my eyes to the hard but liberating truths. It felt like someone slapped some sense in to me. It was al so different from the other books I have read. The best thing is, it gave me the feeling of enough reading books after books, enough fake action. Since then I have decided to only learn with a purpose as if cutting my way through the jungle of life with a machete.

To be honest I never felt that I was a born entrepreneur. I mean I wasn't hustling since I was 12 like some have. I mostly lived on the sidewalk until I was 27 as if I was going to wake up some day as a successful man. Oh boy do I often wish I could open my eyes a lot sooner in life. Oh well, somethings go the way they go. I am happy that they're open now, and now I just can't unsee all the unscripted doctrine around me. I can not call myself an entrepreneur just yet though. I aspire to be one more than anything.

I too have felt an idiot after graduating. Feeling like I wasted a lot of time and might have learnt more and be a lot further if I threw myself in the deep sooner. I studied game design and specialized in becoming a concept artist. Really loved doing it too. Even managed to get a job at one of the best game companies in the world after graduating. Working on and having my name in the end credits of the best playstation 4 game of 2017. Horizon Zero Dawn. All sounds good right. The problem was, I felt like a small gear in a big machine. And my life changed when I looked at the boss (the guy talking at e3 for sony) and thought, I want to be him. The salary wasn't good. And to think the game made 400 milion euros in the first week after release.

So after I quit I started using my experience in design and worked as a fashion designer for a startup clothing line. Long story short. My clothing ended up in luxury stores in Holland among luxury brands like Givenchy and Dsquared. THe owner eventually gave me 10 % of the company. Unfortunately it did not work out and the company hit rock bottom after taking one wrong turn after another. The 10 % wasn't worth anything. I only lost 10 000 euros and didn't have any euros left after. I consider this to be my first failure. But I'm glad it did not work out for me, since I was not in control and it didn't feel right.

I did not have an income for three months after. It was pretty depressing, but I kept reading books and tried to develop myself. Now I work at an architect bureau as a 3D impression artist. I am saving up a year worth of salary and then I'm going to quit and follow my entrepreneurial dreams. And hopefully add some value to the world. As I told earlier, I was not a born entrepreneur. However I believe in growth. Right now I wake up very early to learn skills that will help me become what I aspire to be. My girlfriend calls me abnormal and obsessed very often. I always say "good". If I act ordinary, I will become ordinary. So I am at least, heading in the right direction in that sense.

I alway think about that part where MJ told the story about the dog lying on nails while crying. Man asking why isn't he standing up, other guy telling him "well apparently it isn't hurting enough". I am well aware that for the moment I am that dog. The real "F*ck this" moment has yet to come, since I am still working at a job. But I will document my journey here.

Together with my colleague and best friend we stay after work often until 22:00 working on a business we will put in the market soon. We will offer high quality 3D models sets for sale because I often found myself frustrated at work looking for the same things I am hoping to provide on the website we are making. We started this before I read MF and the commandments. So I don't think this idea ticks the boxes, since it's too niche. I will put it in the market place anyway just to let the market show me what it's worth.

At the moment, I am working on my alertness to opportunities. As my eye for it becomes sharper and sharper I hope to the skills I learn in the mean time will enable me to take action!

Nice to meet you all!

Ramtin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Dear all, it's great to be here. Let me introduce my self and tell a short story about my life and what brought me here.

I am a 29 year old Persian guy born in Teheran and raised by my mother in The Netherlands since I was six. Feel more like an ordinary Dutch guy though. Completed MF a month ago and half way trough Unscripted . Have known for a couple of years now that I want the unscripted life instead of modern slavery, but MJ's words really opened my eyes to the hard but liberating truths. It felt like someone slapped some sense in to me. It was al so different from the other books I have read. The best thing is, it gave me the feeling of enough reading books after books, enough fake action. Since then I have decided to only learn with a purpose as if cutting my way through the jungle of life with a machete.

To be honest I never felt that I was a born entrepreneur. I mean I wasn't hustling since I was 12 like some have. I mostly lived on the sidewalk until I was 27 as if I was going to wake up some day as a successful man. Oh boy do I often wish I could open my eyes a lot sooner in life. Oh well, somethings go the way they go. I am happy that they're open now, and now I just can't unsee all the unscripted doctrine around me. I can not call myself an entrepreneur just yet though. I aspire to be one more than anything.

I too have felt an idiot after graduating. Feeling like I wasted a lot of time and might have learnt more and be a lot further if I threw myself in the deep sooner. I studied game design and specialized in becoming a concept artist. Really loved doing it too. Even managed to get a job at one of the best game companies in the world after graduating. Working on and having my name in the end credits of the best playstation 4 game of 2017. Horizon Zero Dawn. All sounds good right. The problem was, I felt like a small gear in a big machine. And my life changed when I looked at the boss (the guy talking at e3 for sony) and thought, I want to be him. The salary wasn't good. And to think the game made 400 milion euros in the first week after release.

So after I quit I started using my experience in design and worked as a fashion designer for a startup clothing line. Long story short. My clothing ended up in luxury stores in Holland among luxury brands like Givenchy and Dsquared. THe owner eventually gave me 10 % of the company. Unfortunately it did not work out and the company hit rock bottom after taking one wrong turn after another. The 10 % wasn't worth anything. I only lost 10 000 euros and didn't have any euros left after. I consider this to be my first failure. But I'm glad it did not work out for me, since I was not in control and it didn't feel right.

I did not have an income for three months after. It was pretty depressing, but I kept reading books and tried to develop myself. Now I work at an architect bureau as a 3D impression artist. I am saving up a year worth of salary and then I'm going to quit and follow my entrepreneurial dreams. And hopefully add some value to the world. As I told earlier, I was not a born entrepreneur. However I believe in growth. Right now I wake up very early to learn skills that will help me become what I aspire to be. My girlfriend calls me abnormal and obsessed very often. I always say "good". If I act ordinary, I will become ordinary. So I am at least, heading in the right direction in that sense.

I alway think about that part where MJ told the story about the dog lying on nails while crying. Man asking why isn't he standing up, other guy telling him "well apparently it isn't hurting enough". I am well aware that for the moment I am that dog. The real "F*ck this" moment has yet to come, since I am still working at a job. But I will document my journey here.

Together with my colleague and best friend we stay after work often until 22:00 working on a business we will put in the market soon. We will offer high quality 3D models sets for sale because I often found myself frustrated at work looking for the same things I am hoping to provide on the website we are making. We started this before I read MF and the commandments. So I don't think this idea ticks the boxes, since it's too niche. I will put it in the market place anyway just to let the market show me what it's worth.

At the moment, I am working on my alertness to opportunities. As my eye for it becomes sharper and sharper I hope to the skills I learn in the mean time will enable me to take action!

Nice to meet you all!

Ramtin
Great intro, thanks for sharing.

You’ll put it into the market and let the market decide? Coool. It’s not often we hear that.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
So I don't think this idea ticks the boxes, since it's too niche. I will put it in the market place anyway just to let the market show me what it's worth.
Ramtin

As Paul Graham said once, better to have 100,000 absolutely love your product, than 1 million people think its only ok!

Good luck mate!

Ramtin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 16, 2018
The Netherlands
You’ll put it into the market and let the market decide? Coool. It’s not often we hear that.

Yess, I got it from the book! MJ said, you can make business plans all you want. Only the market will decide how it will go. So I really like that idea of just putting it out there and see what happens.

Ramtin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 16, 2018
The Netherlands
Hi guys an update from me. Not sure if anyone will get to read this or not. Even though I wasn’t active on this forum. Because I didn’t seem to find the time to write on a forum. It isn’t because I was not doing anything. In the mean time since me starting this thread. I have started a company together with a best friend and we are working on it full time since January 2019.

It is a real estate visualization company. Providing marketing visuals for real estate developers to sell their yet to be built projects. If anyone is curious about the product. You can take a look at our website www.foxblur.com

At the moment we have tons of work and it is going pretty well for a startup. However it isn’t very fastlane since my direct effort is needed for the projects. However there is steady cash flow and my plan is to grow the company with employees and increase output so I can create more companies when this one is stable. When I started this thread I stated that I hoped to become more aware of opportunities. I feel like my awareness of opportunities is very much increasing. Mj dmarcos advise in his books was key for me to focus on problems and complaints.

So long story short. I’m still going at it. I will try to be more active at the forum. It helps that I don’t need to be doing it behind the laptop anymore. It seems very doable on my phone. So that’s great.

Ramtin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 16, 2018
The Netherlands
Another update. After our first year we managed to make 220 000 Euro's. It was more then I hoped for when starting. I did put the target at 200 k as somewhat of an unrealistic goal. But by doing this and not folding, I was able to think outside the box and managed to create mutual beneficial partnerships which doubled or tripled our income.

Another important thing I learnt is that, like MJ said in his books, who you partner with is really REALLY important. Our company has three founders including me. The third partner is on a completely other page then us which creates a lot of conflict and gives us a lot of headache. Now we have to deal with his exit.

So my advice for other rookie entrepreneurs would be to,

- not be afraid to set goals somewhat higher then you believe possible. Basically the 10 x principle from Grant Cardone, but more believable for you. It makes you think outside the box.

- be very carefull about who you partner with. don't take it too lightly, because it can kill your business later on. As we speak we are faced with this challenge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...