The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17y/o Student, Time to Change Lanes and Actually Step On The Gas

D

Deleted64095

Hi everyone,

My name is Leo and I'm a 17-year-old high school student (freezing cold chicago suburbs, s/o @ MJ). To start, I'm really glad I found TMF and this forum. I remember stumbling across a thread on this forum by Fox back when I was 14 or 15, but I didn't dive deep enough to discover the book and join the forum. As I read TMF , I started to think about looking back on now from the future. Rather than recalling inaction as I do with my younger self, I want to commit to starting a "process" of actual action and development that I can proudly look back on in the future.

My Story

I'm the grandson of hard-working German immigrants on both sides of my family, who built their successful businesses in steel and real estate from virtually nothing, only hard work. Unfortunately, I never met these ancestors since they passed away. While I admire my parents for their hard work, they are essentially living in the Slowlane, which I am increasingly afraid of entering. I don't want to grow old stressing over money and worrying that I can't retire.

When I think of my ancestors and how they succeeded, I feel that I need to develop a skill (of course with proper entry, control, CENTS, etc) that has actual and scalable value.

As I poorly attempted to find that path when I was younger, I stumbled upon things like dropshipping, but quickly found a distaste for the popular scams that involved selling useless chinese trinkets on Shopify. As I look back now, I realize that these were "get rich easy" schemes, not true fastlane pursuits that involved actual work and entry barrier.

I became disillusioned with entrepreneurship after only finding people that wanted to sell me a course when I tried to learn from online resources, so I strayed away from my dreams until last month when I saw a friend of mine reading TMF at school, actually.

I read the book nonstop over a weekend, even playing the audiobook in the background so I could fully absorb the material. I loved it and it made total sense to me as I looked on at the Slowlane future that teachers and parents preach.

I then made this account and immediately revisited that Fox gold thread about web development that I stumbled upon years ago. I became invested in that thread to the point that I forgot to make this intro, so pardon my 2-week delay since my join date.

Plans
Over the past two weeks, I've been trying to decide on an appropriate avenue for developing a Fastlane business. I've just barely started learning how code per that Fox thread I mentioned (only somewhat know HTML and CSS as of now), but I'm not sure where besides web development I should look for an opportunity at building a Fastlane business. Is e-commerce/wholesale actually a legitimate thing that I could get into without a product of my own (the entry level seems suspicious to me)? Would that even be possible with the measly couple thousand in funds I have? Copywriting? Freelance stuff to bootstrap? Somehow using my hobby of weightlifting as a (questionably profitable) niche? I'm not sure where to go at this point, but I definitely won't let it stop me. I'd love to hear what you guys would recommend in my position.

Thanks for reading, thanks to MJ for TMF, and I look forward to contributing and learning here on the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...