The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why success and "living Unscripted" is like winning a rigged carnival game...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As I got settled into my new home and caught up on email, I was happy to see dozens of emails from readers and fans.

None of this mail was "hate mail" but a lot of messages of thanks and status reports of progress. Great right?

Sure, except my brain wasn't happy about it. You see, it was just another thing to do, another task to cross off the list.

Can you imagine that? People are writing me to say how much I changed their life. Or how well their business is doing and how their whole life has been reinvented. And here I am ... grinding through the messages as if I was doing my taxes. Instead of being in the "now" and understanding that there was a real human behind the email with a story, my brain was marginalizing and dehumanizing the email as "just another thing to do" so I can move on to the next task, like unpacking, marketing, or writing another book.

But luckily, I caught myself in this unconscious activity. This "mindless," go-thru-the-motions activity is just one of the many reasons why people fail... your brain works against you.

As I read through the many emails, it became clear just how hard it is to live Unscripted and succeed in a world where being a Slowlane zombie is so glorified and promoted. As evidenced in my email review, even I still struggle with the Unscripted concept. As the thread title states, the game is rigged -- the odds are stacked against you.

First, your brain is not trained for success or to live Unscripted .
Your brain wants shortcuts.
Your brain wants to focus on the past and future, not the now.
Your brain can't shut the F*ck up.
Your brain is wired to take the well worn path, not the untested, unknown path.
Your brain is wired to avoid discomfort and fear.
Your brain wants to follow authority, not lead in liberty.

All of this merely creates a predisposition toward mediocrity and Scripted living.

Worse, culture and society is mocking you every step of the way to promote this mindless, dreamless way of living. Get a job! Get a degree! Don't buy anything! Save 10%! Do this, do that!

Sorry, but the more you consume mainstream media, the more rigged the game becomes. The more you let your brain run roughshod over your decisions and impulses, the more rigged the game becomes.

In other words, winning an Unscripted life is akin to winning a rigged carnival game. Yes, the odds are against you.

But there is hope.

Isn't it true if you know how the game is rigged, you have a better chance at winning? In other words, you can win a rigged game when you understand HOW the game is rigged.

You can win a war when you UNDERSTAND the enemy and how they operate.

Did you know that even after ten years, many people still think that the core message of The Millionaire Fastlane is to "start an internet business!"?

Ugh.

As I concluded reading my reader fan mail, it was clear that many of the people who wrote me won't have a chance. Not because they didn't comprehend my book, or because they lack good ideas, it is because they don't understand the nature of the game and how it is rigged. The marketplace won't defeat them, their mind will.

The truth is, your brain will work against you.
Your friends and family will work against you.
Your culture will work against you.

All of this creates the rigged game.

Once you understand the battle that lies ahead, you can be better prepared to defeat it.

Only you can beat the odds.

See the battle, understand the battle, and then win the battle.

No, you don't live and then die. DYING is an event. LIVING is the process. Make a conscious effort to LIVE your life, and not have life live you.

Good luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

B.Cotter

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 23, 2020
Northern VA
Did you know that even after ten years, many people still think that the core message of The Millionaire Fastlane is to "start an internet business!"?
Funny you say this. I gave your book to one of my parents that has a lot of free time outside of work and doesn't know what to do in that time. Figured it couldn't hurt to get the creative juices flowing to push a possible side business or hustle.

That parent came back to me last night after having finished the book (while in AZ for this past weekend) and those were the exact words mentioned, "It sounds like you need to start an internet business." That starting a service based business or anything offline couldn't possibly be fastlane.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
it was clear that many of the people who wrote me won't have a chance. Not because they didn't comprehend my book, or because they lack good ideas, it is because they don't understand the nature of the game and how it is rigged. The marketplace won't defeat them, their mind will.
Thanks for writing this up MJ.

I bet you can spot someone who doesn’t understand the nature of the game within seconds of opening an email - in the same way many of us can spot spam immediately.

I’m curious. What are the tell-tale signs in emails that tell you someone doesn’t know the game they’re in?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Funny you say this. I gave your book to one of my parents that has a lot of free time outside of work and doesn't know what to do in that time. Figured it couldn't hurt to get the creative juices flowing to push a possible side business or hustle.

That parent came back to me last night after having finished the book (while in AZ for this past weekend) and those were the exact words mentioned, "It sounds like you need to start an internet business." That starting a service based business or anything offline couldn't possibly be fastlane.
Odd how people mistake the vehicle for the lane.

What to do and why are the most important takeaways, not how.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Being an entrepreneur is like accessing a psychological ether.

Rising above the clouds and looking down at the object level. It’s like taking a birds eye view of things, including yourself.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
As I got settled into my new home and caught up on email, I was happy to see dozens of emails from readers and fans.

None of this mail was "hate mail" but a lot of messages of thanks and status reports of progress. Great right?

Sure, except my brain wasn't happy about it. You see, it was just another thing to do, another task to cross off the list.

Can you imagine that? People are writing me to say how much I changed their life. Or how well their business is doing and how their whole life has been reinvented. And here I am ... grinding through the messages as if I was doing my taxes. Instead of being in the "now" and understanding that there was a real human behind the email with a story, my brain was marginalizing and dehumanizing the email as "just another thing to do" so I can move on to the next task, like unpacking, marketing, or writing another book.

But luckily, I caught myself in this unconscious activity. This "mindless," go-thru-the-motions activity is just one of the many reasons why people fail... your brain works against you.

As I read through the many emails, it became clear just how hard it is to live Unscripted and succeed in a world where being a Slowlane zombie is so glorified and promoted. As evidenced in my email review, even I still struggle with the Unscripted concept. As the thread title states, the game is rigged -- the odds are stacked against you.

Your brain can't shut the f*ck up.

All of this merely creates a predisposition toward mediocrity and Scripted living.

Worse, culture and society is mocking you every step of the way to promote this mindless, dreamless way of living. Get a job! Get a degree! Don't buy anything! Save 10%! Do this, do that!

Sorry, but the more you consume mainstream media, the more rigged the game becomes. The more you let your brain run roughshod over your decisions and impulses, the more rigged the game becomes.

In other words, winning an Unscripted life is akin to winning a rigged carnival game. Yes, the odds are against you.

But there is hope.

Isn't it true if you know how the game is rigged, you have a better chance at winning? In other words, you can win a rigged game when you understand HOW the game is rigged.

Ugh.

As I concluded reading my reader fan mail, it was clear that many of the people who wrote me won't have a chance. Not because they didn't comprehend my book, or because they lack good ideas, it is because they don't understand the nature of the game and how it is rigged. The marketplace won't defeat them, their mind will.

Once you understand the battle that lies ahead, you can be better prepared to defeat it.

No, you don't live and then die. DYING is an event. LIVING is the process. Make a conscious effort to LIVE your life, and not have life live you.

Good luck.
I am not sure what exactly you are driving at, but different people will interpret differently, depending on their own background knowledge.

As for me understanding a little bit of Economics History certainly helped. Most of the “free market capitalistic economy” happened by design, as a result of elites bargaining with each other and making deals to make things “sustainable”.

Hendry Ford figured out paying workers more and giving them more free time helped in productivity and helped to create more consumer demand.

Welfare states developed in the West because without it the economic machine is coming to a halt. Big business raising debts to produce goods with zero margin trying to kill each other. As a result, everything is fast and cheap and workers are dead poor to consume. Business are not making money with unsold goods piled up in inventory. A neglected part of history to the common men on the street is how the rich actually played a part in pushing progressive policy.

Fast forward to 1980s, unions getting too strong. Double Deficit a real concern. Kissinger and Nixon flew to China to make the deal. U.S. will make investment and technology transfer to China, in return China will do the manufacture and use the dollar earned buy on American debt.

This is the period where deindustrialisation happened. People in U.S. no longer go to factory for apprenticeship after high schools. They were expected to get a degree (marketing and business related), work hard, borrow and consume. This is when most of the modern slowlane doctrine took its root. Borrowing and consumption go hand in hand. Because if you don’t consume, you won’t borrow. Once you borrow you are in debt. Once you are in debt you do not dare to quit your job. The stress you had from your job made you unhappy and you consume as a mean to feel better. And the cycle goes on.

So raw material from South America and South East Asia, went to China and get assembled. The trinkets gets shipped to United Stated, rebranded and designed by U.S. MNC and resold to its population. TV and informercials started blasting the advertisement. Trinkets get dumped in household storerooms. Households are broke. Government is bankrupt. U.S. top multinational companies having record high cash reserves and profits.

The mantra of save 200 dollar a month comes from financial service firms preferring recurring revenue which has lower customer acquisition cost.

Governments and elites in power are finding the glorification of slowlanes a liabilities for them now too. There are just not enough decently paying slowlane jobs for the number of college graduates.

The Silicon Valley oligarchs are pushing for a new vision: AI + big data + automation that will eventually make labor redundant, and in exchange the public will be bought and appeased with universal minimum income. If they are successful in pushing their own agenda there will be a new narrative to replace the slowlane mantra. (Hint: Andrew Yang’s freedom dividend and Human centered Capitalism)

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SMH. The internet is merely a "channel" or a conduit to mathematics that can go asymmetrical.

I’m curious. What are the tell-tale signs in emails that tell you someone doesn’t know the game they’re in?

Hey MJ, what internet business should I start?
Hey MJ, should I go to college?
Hey MJ, what should I do next to make money ?
Hey MJ, before I start to do ANYTHING, will you mentor me?

Things like above indicate a mental roadblock.

The fact is, most have an employEE mindset who don't like the idea of not having a boss and not being told what to do every second of the day. Just look around today at all the order-taking zombies doing whatever some city councilmen or some stupid late night comedian tells them. The idea of being the boss and in control of all decision-making is actually frightening. Responsibility? Accountability? You can't be your own boss without accepting both.

Once you take responsibility for your life while understanding the game (the point of this thread) you can make it happen. There is both an enemy within, and without --- which can make it feel like a rigged carnival game.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
most have an employEE mindset who don't like the idea of not having a boss and not being told what to do every second of the day.
The fascinating part is that most people claim to not want a boss, yet won’t take the reins.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

But there is hope.

Ugh.

Good luck.
Obstacle Courses are good for you. lol

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
They think it's possible for there to be no boss. That isn't the case.

The best you can do is to be the boss.
Oooo. I didn’t spot that. Nice!

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
These are the hings that make me look up to you for.

That objectiveness, critical thinking. The self-correcting.

My goal in life is to achieve the same level, or even higher, thinking skills as you have taught us with.
(especially after 'having success', and still maintaining it)

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

That's very spot on.

There was, some time (not far ago,) where a new fad in business was "no boss" companies.
I don't remember who wrote this but the effect was that
soon employees did not know what to to do.
And company started to have informal boss anyway until turning back
to formal one.

It seems that it is some human nature - compare anything beyond companies:
religions, politics, science which should pinnacle of free thinking,
heck, even social media.
More or less all of them end up in leader-follower pattern.

Its a matter of efficiency, i think. A shortcut.
Like getting on a train and just waiting until one arrives at the destination
instead of navigating with a map.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

That's very spot on.

There was, some time (not far ago,) where a new fad in business was "no boss" companies.
I don't remember who wrote this but the effect was that
soon employees did not knew what to to do.
And company started to have informal boss anyway until turning back
to formal one.

It seems that it is some human nature - compare anything beyond companies:
religions, politics, science which should pinnacle of free thinking,
heck, even social media.
More or less all of them end up in leader-follower pattern.

Its a matter of efficiency, i think. A shortcut.
Like getting on a train and just waiting until one arrives at the destination
instead of navigating with a map.
Absolutely.
When nobody is leading, there’s no clear direction.

And you don’t have to be the boss of *other* people.

At a minimum you must be able to be the boss of yourself.

I think many people are even afraid of that!

Like MJ said, it is like a rigged carnival game because of the way everyone pushes this “followership” on you from birth - and through formal processes.

But with an internal locus of control you can rise above that.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I wish i could remember the book I read back in my Administration course, the Professor made us study it for the course. Pretty much explained being a good boss is doing everything you ask your employers do at times and work with them once in awhile side by side, so you don't appear to be bossing them around. It does work well with people, because they don't look at you like your way above them and more human.

My Bosses often did this in my experience and I had better relating skills with them because of it. They'd go to Florida for months and be fine with me doing things without them there in the winter. I believe when you build trust and rapport, it's quite easier to work with people.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
SMH. The internet is merely a "channel" or a conduit to mathematics that can go asymmetrical.

Hey MJ, what internet business should I start?
Hey MJ, should I go to college?
Hey MJ, what should I do next to make money ?
Hey MJ, before I start to do ANYTHING, will you mentor me?

Things like above indicate a mental roadblock.

The fact is, most have an employEE mindset who don't like the idea of not having a boss and not being told what to do every second of the day. Just look around today at all the order-taking zombies doing whatever some city councilmen or some stupid late night comedian tells them. The idea of being the boss and in control of all decision-making is actually frightening. Responsibility? Accountability? You can't be your own boss without accepting both.

Once you take responsibility for your life while understanding the game (the point of this thread) you can make it happen. There is both an enemy within, and without --- which can make it feel like a rigged carnival game.
I remember reading quora that one criticism of Millionaire Fastlane is that it doesn’t tell you what kind of business you should actually participate in.

There are people who expect a step-by-step answer like a cooking recipe.

Last edited:

B.Cotter

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 23, 2020
Northern VA
There are people who expect a step-by-step answer like a cooking recipe.
I think part of the problem stems from the title. The title makes sense when you actually read and understand the contents, however, for many at first glance it sounds like a Get Rich Quick scheme. If you’re a money chaser then the lessons and strategies in the book will fall on deaf ears.

I have to preface conversations with friends when talking about the book stating it’s not a Get Rich Quick scheme, which in hindsight probably makes it sound even more like one. Lol.

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
The idea of being the boss and in control of all decision-making is actually frightening. Responsibility? Accountability? You can't be your own boss without accepting both.

Once you take responsibility for your life while understanding the game (the point of this thread) you can make it happen. There is both an enemy within, and without

This is key and I struggle with this sometimes. I have identified a part of myself I pushed down most of my life. I call him ‘Killer’ and have to willfully call upon him now. At least I found him; in time to fight the enemies within and without.

Oh wow. Amen to that .

Obstacle Courses are good for you. lol
I was just reading in a book called ‘Limitless Mind’ by Jo Boaler, that our (American) educational system is filled with well-intentioned teachers who try to make it easy for students. We want them to feel successful. But the truth is that we need struggle and hardship to grow.

I’m grateful we all get to keep growing.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This is key and I struggle with this sometimes. I have identified a part of myself I pushed down most of my life. I call him ‘Killer’ and have to willfully call upon him now. At least I found him; in time to fight the enemies within and without.

Oh wow. Amen to that .

I was just reading in a book called ‘Limitless Mind’ by Jo Boaler, that our (American) educational system is filled with well-intentioned teachers who try to make it easy for students. We want them to feel successful. But the truth is that we need struggle and hardship to grow.

I’m grateful we all get to keep growing.
The educational system I went to was more the "Real Deal", they brought in professionals in the work field in those specific areas that were top in the community, and had them teach. I just had a professor that was a life-long learner and he made it a point everry class to bring in his boxes he ordered of books on leadership. He didn't directly say why, but he made it point, because he expected you to figure out stuff yourself.

He'd open the box every time, and hold them up and look at them to see if you were paying attention to what they were titled and about. "The details". He would not say a word, just look at both sides of the books, and then put them down one at a time.

They were all basically what you'd read in this forum. I used to laugh under my breath, because other students would moan and groan, complain, ask why he was wasting time up front, because they didn't see the importance of the books he had. They just assumed he was opening his mail on their paid time to learn something of value and money they paid for on their education.

The one's like me just wrote the titles down for future gathering of information.

I went to a Business School. They were more concerned about producing leaders that impacted society and not your usual public school. It was private.

There isn't anything in my degree that I can't use in business. I expanded on this with the Fasltane Forum and what I learned in here to be self-taught and life long learning as the professor was already planting the seed in all my management and administration courses because I had him for many courses. Tough guy. You couldn't miss a day, and you couldn't be late.

I think it depends on the School System and the Professors. There are some I would not sit in front of, and you always have a few weeks to bail out of the course if they have no value in what your looking for in a leader and teacher.

Omsubedi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 25, 2021
Maryland

But there is hope.

Ugh.

Good luck.
Hi MJ, thanks for the post. I was actually had the same attitude until I read your books.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Well said friend. Personally coming to this realization as I try so desperately to get my parents to retire. Money is no longer an issue for my family - even if they by some reckless behavior spend all they have, I can fully support them no matter what. The problem is they cannot possibly imagine stepping away from their current roles in life.

Doing something different is not embraced, it is associated with immediate fear. Not only my parents, but many people I share a radical vision with I realize resort to fear, instead of curiosity. Instead of asking questions in hopes of learning a new perspective, any idea that doesn't mesh with the script is met with rejection in immediate fear.

The thing I've learned is that your experience of life is entirely constrained by your perspective of what life is all about. After I quit my job, I realized I didn't need the job, the commute, the pointless meetings, the suits and the coffee and the outings and the international flights, and all the nonsense which I was actively engaged in to exchange time for money. After I made a bunch of money very easily, I realized money wasn't a hard and unattainable object. After I stood up for myself despite what society might label my emotions as, I felt liberated from the opinions of others that live inside my mind. As I believe more and more in myself and my intuition which is rooted in the same source of the Universe from which all is created, I am becoming fearless to pursue any and all ideas that dawn on me.

The ultimate success in my view is recognizing the mirage which is the human experience, and how the perspective of others is the only thing constraining what this experience can be for us. From within, we can reshape the world and our role in all of this from the ground up.

Dare to think something different, and your experience of life will follow.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
The educational system I went to was more the "Real Deal", they brought in professionals in the work field in those specific areas that were top in the community, and had them teach. I just had a professor that was a life-long learner and he made it a point everry class to bring in his boxes he ordered of books on leadership. He didn't directly say why, but he made it point, because he expected you to figure out stuff yourself.

He'd open the box every time, and hold them up and look at them to see if you were paying attention to what they were titled and about. "The details". He would not say a word, just look at both sides of the books, and then put them down one at a time.

They were all basically what you'd read in this forum. I used to laugh under my breath, because other students would moan and groan, complain, ask why he was wasting time up front, because they didn't see the importance of the books he had. They just assumed he was opening his mail on their paid time to learn something of value and money they paid for on their education.

The one's like me just wrote the titles down for future gathering of information.

I went to a Business School. They were more concerned about producing leaders that impacted society and not your usual public school. It was private.

There isn't anything in my degree that I can't use in business. I expanded on this with the Fasltane Forum and what I learned in here to be self-taught and life long learning as the professor was already planting the seed in all my management and administration courses because I had him for many courses. Tough guy. You couldn't miss a day, and you couldn't be late.

I think it depends on the School System and the Professors. There are some I would not sit in front of, and you always have a few weeks to bail out of the course if they have no value in what your looking for in a leader and teacher.
I too went to a business school where industry professionals taught our classes. It was a start-up private college in fashion and merchandising. It's now it's a world famous college. I was one of their first graduates and I got an excellent education. Every class had a practical application in the real world. I started there in 1973 and I had never really seen successful business women. They were sure the exception for that time period. There were very few professions available to women.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I too went to a business school where industry professionals taught our classes. It was a start-up private college in fashion and merchandising. It's now it's a world famous college. I was one of their first graduates and I got an excellent education. Every class had a practical application in the real world. I started there in 1973 and I had never really seen successful business women. They were sure the exception for that time period. There were very few professions available to women.
I believe it makes a difference.

Rockeez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 9, 2021
I think part of the problem stems from the title. The title makes sense when you actually read and understand the contents, however, for many at first glance it sounds like a Get Rich Quick scheme. If you’re a money chaser then the lessons and strategies in the book will fall on deaf ears.

I have to preface conversations with friends when talking about the book stating it’s not a Get Rich Quick scheme, which in hindsight probably makes it sound even more like one. Lol.
It might not be a get rich quick scheme, but in reality it is. You just have to make sacrifices that are personal to make it to the fastlane

Rob Tennant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 29, 2013

But there is hope.

Ugh.

Good luck.
100%. We have to understand our mind has a major tactical advantage over us. I have to constantly step outside of myself, call myself out on my own bs, and correct course. My belief is the voice in our heads is not the real person (soul) that is the true YOU. If it were the real you, the who the hell is observing the voice??

Society is structured to take full advantage of this IMO. Right or wrong, I view life almost like a game. It takes decades to learn the pieces, understand how they move, learn the player (yourself), strategy/tactics etc. Let's also not forget the rules change from time to time, so it's a difficult game, and like MJ says, it's rigged big time.

Tobefastlaner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jul 1, 2021

But there is hope.

Ugh.

Good luck.
This taught me more than my entire college business courses. Keep whipping up the sizzling life steaks like these MJ.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Being an entrepreneur is like summoning the hero within us. It’s like an act of courage.

Ever since you were born society chose your values for you. Which guide your actions.

It’s almost heroic to persist in understanding when it’s not easy to do so. To try to be awake when those around you are not.

Cheburashka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Jun 10, 2021
In a way I have to thank US mainstream media. Having grown up behind Iron Curtain, then suddenly getting access to MTV and ~20 other channels running 24/7, it was a teenage dream come true. Except it was too big of a culture shock, very exhausting, like being expected to switch off the brain just in order to enjoy all that information. But instead of enjoyment it started to feel more like being mocked at.
It was an enlightening experience that got the snowball rolling, forces one to become aware and question, what else out there wants to hijack your brain and has already been playing with you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.