The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slowlane Career Switch, during fastlane execution?

Anything related to matters of the mind

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Ever since I started on the fastlane, I have put my slowlane job at a complete halt. The job is 100% just a job. Swipe in, swipe out. Here are the pros of having a regular stagnant job in relation to fastlane.

Pros:
No slowlane after I get out
Stress is decently manageable
Worked on business throughout job
Used dead time to read books and self improve myself and even work on the business when no one was watching.

Cons:
Pay stagnant like a brick, (chose a dying field)
Not building any skills (wasting time)

When I am talking about skills, I am referring to skills that can get you a job and other be applied to business. But whats the point of caring about my skills in slowlane? Since, I plan on abandoning it forever. But then theres the chance that I am stuck at the slowlane for quite some time. So if I didn't do business, I would have had a much higher paying job. Losing money by staying at this job.

Then things changed, work blocked all internet access. Literally 100%. Some old hags at work kept complaining about others using internet (different position). Whelp and its all gone. Productivity and self improvement for business is dead. Very limited use of phone, have to practically look left and right before I use it.

So I want to keep the income flowing, but also want to make use of my time. I can either abandon this field entirely and start learning a new field that can help me with ecommerce/future businesses. Cons of this is that I don't have any capital for this. Stay in stagnant job and waste 8 hours a day doesn't seem good either.

Are there any online skills that can give me a job rather quickly online? Or should I wait a little longer on my execution (see below).

Hurdle for current business is all marketing and advertising. Did the facebook Ads, google adwords, not one sale yet. One potential influencer responded, but not interested in commission based. I need commission based affiliates for long term. I just hate paying for things and getting not return. Thats why commission is better. But he wanted pay per post.

The fastlane book built a high magnitude of hatred for slowlane in me. I know that wasn't MJ's intention, but it did that to me. I keep telling myself this is the first and last job I will ever have (on the expectation my business will be flourshing). Then I can be full time business.

I know you guys can't make decisions for me, but anyone in similar situation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Yep. After I read MJ's books I F*cking hated going to work. The time at work seems much more unbearable because it's slow, you feel trapped, and you know it is a dead end. My mind just believes this is temporary. The truth is, I will have to work until it is not necessary. Could be several years if I am focused and work my a$$ off. The best case for me is working and then using my available time outside of work to work on Fastlane stuff. Sell stuff too and save. I am trying to live a more minimalist life too. Having a bunch of things makes me feel weighed down. And after all, they are just things. It can all be replaced. As you learn Fastlane skills you will be able to probably make money off of this if you look for the opportunities. The skills you learn have value to the right people. I am currently wanting to leave my job as well. I hate the office environment. In about 3 weeks I will have a biology degree and look for work outdoors. Anyway, good luck. I can relate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.