The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grab Your Life by the Balls or Else...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi guys!

Before you decide to push forward I'd like to give a small introduction as to what this thread is going to be about. So here we go...

This thread is going to build on this thread I've posted couple of weeks ago. The results have been so dramatic that I decided to elaborate a little bit. I know how messed up my situation was, I also know that there are probably dozens of forum members who are sitting in quiet and never coming out of shadows who are dealing with similar demons I've dealt just a good month ago. So, my purpose is to take those people for a trip onto the road of recovery by expanding on my findings and personal story I've linked above. If this sounds like your piece of a bread and you have 20 minutes to spare, buckle up and let's go for a ride!

First and foremost I'd like to appreciate for pushing forward and reading my story. I'm going to be transparent, somewhat shocking, but 100% honest with you all. I would never post anything like this on social media due to many reasons, but this forum is like my family, so here we go:

Let's spool back to 2015. I've invested five figure sum of personal savings into the business, which eventually crashed bringing down not only mine, but many more peoples' investments into the nothingness. I've lost it all. I've got bullied by investors. Threatened. Made fun of. All of this resulted in me succumbing to a 2 year long depression. Slowly but surely I had turned into very reserved, socially awkward, fat, negative and suicidal human being. My body was present, but my mind was elsewhere. I've tried to hide my financial failure from many friends, which was sort of a success, but it was meaningless, because I had slowly became a prisoner of my own sorrow...

I had tried to climb out of darkness multiple times. Literally like 20 or so. Only to fall back down and hurt my a$$ (ego) over and over again. Eventually, roughly in 2016 Q2 I had my first taste of weed. It felt good. Like lighting a firework that's illegal. I had a rush of excitement and fun flowing through my mind. It was all cool until I got hooked up on it - it became my only medicine of pain relief. Due to extensive weed smoking (2-3 joints a day) I started over eating and climbed up to almost 140kg. The life got even harder...

I started contemplating suicide. On a regular basis. My mind was so destructive that I was contemplating suicide even when everybody else was having fun. I was thinking what's the point of living in this pain, hurting people I love most and not seeing a damn light at the end of a tunnel? I was convinced most people would be better off without me. I thrown a handful of prescribed tablets into my mouth and soon after ended up in hospital. I was like, "damn, I failed. I failed badly. Next time I have to try harder" and I did, only to end up in hospital again...after multiple suicides I soon caught psychiatrist's attention...

Fast-forward multiple psychiatrist and counselling visits, nothing changed. I was still in the same emotional shithole. I tried to escape, but I couldn't. It felt like some kind of entity has climbed up on my shoulders and is weighting me down every day. It was so hard that I couldn't climb out of my bed most days. I was literally crying in my bed, alone, fantasizing of dying. Some people are afraid of going to sleep, because there's a chance of a nightmare - I was afraid of waking-up, because I was waking into the nightmare. So, yeah, situation was more than messed up. Nobody knew WTF is wrong with me. Not even so called professionals. I was even looking for ways to donate my body to some meaningful cause (no, not for sexual purposes, lol) - I was hoping someone will kill me and use my body for scientific experiments or something like that. But couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. Maybe there was a small spark of hope in a deep darkness of my mind. Don't know...

Now, it's going to sound like some kind of sales pitch or nonsense story, but listen to me what happened next...I took a photo of my body weight (like 10th time) and set goals to lose some weight. I didn't expect much of it, because I was still feeling depressed and smoked weed (this was in November). December crossed the line and a strange signal literally crashed into my mind, it was telling me "do something. Fkin serve people, even for free - lift your a$$ and do something FOR DAMN FREE WITHOUT OVERTHINKING THE PROCESS" - I don't really know how this thought entered my mind. It was sort of like when you think about the problem and solution enters your mind...I was like, "Feck it, let's do it I have nothing to lose anyways and I'm not going to charge anything, so why not?"...

I had multiple business ideas and decided to push forward with the easiest one - CV and Cover Letter writing service. I created my Facebook page, logo, etc. in literally a single day (which usually took me over a month previously) and I started advertising my services for free. People started responding, I started getting attention...most people were shocked that I'm doing this entirely for FREE. It took me literally a day or so after I took some action to decide quitting on weed and starting a healthy lifestyle...from that moment I didn't smoke a single joint and even hate a thought of it and am still on Atkin's diet since then...

Few weeks passed and I started getting applauses for what I did. Many people contacted me with amazing compliments regarding my writing style, quality and structure of work. Most people were amazed. Others asked how and where I learned my writing style used for CVs and CLs, others asked about the uniqueness of design, which stood out from the rest of knock-offs that are even more expensive than mine...so I got a huge boost of confidence!

I didn't know what I am going to do, but I knew I have to build an audience for my FB page. So, in just a month I've built 650 organic likes and 87 organic 5 star reviews of people literally writing paragraphs of compliments. In just a month I received like 5 or so messages from people telling me my work has helped them win job offers. Some of these people were in pretty desperate financial situations - one of them even got two job offers and asked me how to politely turn one of them off. I think I shouldn't tell you how SUPER AWESOME that felt...

I started getting some people who wanted to pay for my services too, so I made like €150 in that freemium month, which was a therapy in itself. Not much, but I didn't even think of making anything at all...

Now I feel like a new human. It's midnight, I just got back from the gym, still have to write like 3 CVs and after that I am going to start marketing my services for a fee that is way below market price, but due to my strategy and approach I've learned from my professional experience it's more than worth it - thanks to automation! And about weight? Oh, well. See it for yourself:

NOVEMBER 25TH

ztQeFwf.jpg

JANUARY 31ST

LkTFhoM.jpg

And all of this happened, because I simply chose to help myself by helping others.

Thanks for reading and being part of my journey!
P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes. I've got to write some more CVs and it's already almost 1am!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Marcek Wirzyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 2, 2017
Poland
Although some people will not see wisdom in your words and experience, I am pretty confident your story will reach many depressed souls that will be lifted up.

Your story and findings may as well save someone's life - because, as you've experienced for yourself, depression may ultimately lead to suicide...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Although some people will not see wisdom in your words and experience, I am pretty confident your story will reach many depressed souls that will be lifted up.

Your story and findings may as well save someone's life - because, as you've experienced for yourself, depression may ultimately lead to suicide...

Thank you for kind words of support!

12B745

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 10, 2017
US
This definitely helped me out. I've been having a rough time of things in life so my plans keep getting pushed back. But, I just got the logo designer on the start of my logo. Now, to send the web designer my idea to have made. Thank you for your post. I'm gonna bookmark it so I can come back to it when times hit hard.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hi guys!

Before you decide to push forward I'd like to give a small introduction as to what this thread is going to be about. So here we go...

This thread is going to build on this thread I've posted couple of weeks ago. The results have been so dramatic that I decided to elaborate a little bit. I know how messed up my situation was, I also know that there are probably dozens of forum members who are sitting in quiet and never coming out of shadows who are dealing with similar demons I've dealt just a good month ago. So, my purpose is to take those people for a trip onto the road of recovery by expanding on my findings and personal story I've linked above. If this sounds like your piece of a bread and you have 20 minutes to spare, buckle up and let's go for a ride!

First and foremost I'd like to appreciate for pushing forward and reading my story. I'm going to be transparent, somewhat shocking, but 100% honest with you all. I would never post anything like this on social media due to many reasons, but this forum is like my family, so here we go:

Let's spool back to 2015. I've invested five figure sum of personal savings into the business, which eventually crashed bringing down not only mine, but many more peoples' investments into the nothingness. I've lost it all. I've got bullied by investors. Threatened. Made fun of. All of this resulted in me succumbing to a 2 year long depression. Slowly but surely I had turned into very reserved, socially awkward, fat, negative and suicidal human being. My body was present, but my mind was elsewhere. I've tried to hide my financial failure from many friends, which was sort of a success, but it was meaningless, because I had slowly became a prisoner of my own sorrow...

I had tried to climb out of darkness multiple times. Literally like 20 or so. Only to fall back down and hurt my a$$ (ego) over and over again. Eventually, roughly in 2016 Q2 I had my first taste of weed. It felt good. Like lighting a firework that's illegal. I had a rush of excitement and fun flowing through my mind. It was all cool until I got hooked up on it - it became my only medicine of pain relief. Due to extensive weed smoking (2-3 joints a day) I started over eating and climbed up to almost 140kg. The life got even harder...

I started contemplating suicide. On a regular basis. My mind was so destructive that I was contemplating suicide even when everybody else was having fun. I was thinking what's the point of living in this pain, hurting people I love most and not seeing a damn light at the end of a tunnel? I was convinced most people would be better off without me. I thrown a handful of prescribed tablets into my mouth and soon after ended up in hospital. I was like, "damn, I failed. I failed badly. Next time I have to try harder" and I did, only to end up in hospital again...after multiple suicides I soon caught psychiatrist's attention...

Fast-forward multiple psychiatrist and counselling visits, nothing changed. I was still in the same emotional shithole. I tried to escape, but I couldn't. It felt like some kind of entity has climbed up on my shoulders and is weighting me down every day. It was so hard that I couldn't climb out of my bed most days. I was literally crying in my bed, alone, fantasizing of dying. Some people are afraid of going to sleep, because there's a chance of a nightmare - I was afraid of waking-up, because I was waking into the nightmare. So, yeah, situation was more than messed up. Nobody knew WTF is wrong with me. Not even so called professionals. I was even looking for ways to donate my body to some meaningful cause (no, not for sexual purposes, lol) - I was hoping someone will kill me and use my body for scientific experiments or something like that. But couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. Maybe there was a small spark of hope in a deep darkness of my mind. Don't know...

Now, it's going to sound like some kind of sales pitch or nonsense story, but listen to me what happened next...I took a photo of my body weight (like 10th time) and set goals to lose some weight. I didn't expect much of it, because I was still feeling depressed and smoked weed (this was in November). December crossed the line and a strange signal literally crashed into my mind, it was telling me "do something. Fkin serve people, even for free - lift your a$$ and do something FOR DAMN FREE WITHOUT OVERTHINKING THE PROCESS" - I don't really know how this thought entered my mind. It was sort of like when you think about the problem and solution enters your mind...I was like, "Feck it, let's do it I have nothing to lose anyways and I'm not going to charge anything, so why not?"...

I had multiple business ideas and decided to push forward with the easiest one - CV and Cover Letter writing service. I created my Facebook page, logo, etc. in literally a single day (which usually took me over a month previously) and I started advertising my services for free. People started responding, I started getting attention...most people were shocked that I'm doing this entirely for FREE. It took me literally a day or so after I took some action to decide quitting on weed and starting a healthy lifestyle...from that moment I didn't smoke a single joint and even hate a thought of it and am still on Atkin's diet since then...

Few weeks passed and I started getting applauses for what I did. Many people contacted me with amazing compliments regarding my writing style, quality and structure of work. Most people were amazed. Others asked how and where I learned my writing style used for CVs and CLs, others asked about the uniqueness of design, which stood out from the rest of knock-offs that are even more expensive than mine...so I got a huge boost of confidence!

I didn't know what I am going to do, but I knew I have to build an audience for my FB page. So, in just a month I've built 650 organic likes and 87 organic 5 star reviews of people literally writing paragraphs of compliments. In just a month I received like 5 or so messages from people telling me my work has helped them win job offers. Some of these people were in pretty desperate financial situations - one of them even got two job offers and asked me how to politely turn one of them off. I think I shouldn't tell you how SUPER AWESOME that felt...

I started getting some people who wanted to pay for my services too, so I made like €150 in that freemium month, which was a therapy in itself. Not much, but I didn't even think of making anything at all...

Now I feel like a new human. It's midnight, I just got back from the gym, still have to write like 3 CVs and after that I am going to start marketing my services for a fee that is way below market price, but due to my strategy and approach I've learned from my professional experience it's more than worth it - thanks to automation! And about weight? Oh, well. See it for yourself:

NOVEMBER 25TH

ztQeFwf.jpg

JANUARY 31ST

LkTFhoM.jpg

And all of this happened, because I simply chose to help myself by helping others.

P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes. I've got to write some more CVs and it's already almost 1am!
Well done!

Must be the improved metabolism from doing more activities.

Be happy that you have some weight to lose. A progressive standard to look for.

I am pretty skinny, and no matter how much I eat, I can't bump up a single kilogram. :happy:

Once in a while in copywriting, I might get a guy who thanks me for increasing his line of buyers. That means I just helped feed his family and employees...

I am like 'AW YEAH'.

Conquer_Chaos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 31, 2018
sweden
Hi guys!

NOVEMBER 25TH

ztQeFwf.jpg

JANUARY 31ST

LkTFhoM.jpg

This is great man. Good going on taking action. Its amazing what happens when you decide to help people genuinely. I'm sure you will see even greater success in the future!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Thanks for your kind comments guys! The whole point of sharing this experience has been an attempt to help at least one forum member that has been suffering from similar experience. I know how serious it's, although it may look otherwise on the surface. Please feel free to shoot me a message and I'll share some more personal suggestions based on my own experience if you happen to suffer from a depression or even worse...

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
i went from 154KG to 130kg and around 23% to 18% bf and I wont stop until i am about 97kg and 10%. but it is nice to see another person successfully overcome their hardships and mental problems as well. so kudos and continued success @Almantas

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
Hey buddy I just wanted to say something. I can relate unfortunately, to your recent past, and actually found myself turning the tv off just to read this thread. When you got to the part about not wanting to wake up every day, my eyes started to water. I don't know if this will even help me in my situation, but for some reason it just feels great to read this right now. You're words are basically exactly how I feel, and have been trying so hard to break it. When you said you just started doing this for free because you have nothing to lose, it struck a chord.
I'm not sure why some people have a harder time mentally than others, and those who don't have it would never understand and just think you're a loser but it's so much more than that. And yes, I believe it is possible that demonic forces can try and leech on to the more vulnerable ones if that makes any sense. Just because we can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've even heard many people before say that depression is a kind of demon, literally.

I can only hope the best for you, but please know that this post of yours has actually lifted me up a bit so to speak. And I appreciate you sharing this.
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickB

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jan 19, 2018
Colorado
Hi guys!

NOVEMBER 25TH

ztQeFwf.jpg

JANUARY 31ST

LkTFhoM.jpg

What an awesome progress story. I can relate on the mental health issues; you've without a doubt overcome some major odds.

And adding significant value to people's lives, without asking for anything in return. That positive karma and value seems to be coming back to benefit you.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I won't say it feels great knowing other people are dealing with similar BS I've dealt. It just feels great knowing that my transparency and lessons learned serves as a light for some forum members - never doubt yourself and do something good to someone everyday, anything, even as little as keeping a door open for an elderly. Believe me, it'll make you feel better and recover faster. The only way to fight bad is by doing good.

DoctorDreamer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 22, 2018
Romania
I know how you felt, although I have not reached those levels of desperation.

All my respect for your transparency and courage.

Entrepreneurship is a much rougher part than anyone can tell us - the highs are exilirating while the lows are crushing.

Nothing can prepare us beforehand, yet few things could be more worthwhile.

Keep us posted and keep up the amazing work!

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I know how you felt, although I have not reached those levels of desperation.

All my respect for your transparency and courage.

Entrepreneurship is a much rougher part than anyone can tell us - the highs are exilirating while the lows are crushing.

Nothing can prepare us beforehand, yet few things could be more worthwhile.

Keep us posted and keep up the amazing work!

Thanks mate! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.