The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

9 months in. I am looking back at my mistakes to learn a few things

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I joined this forum about 9 months ago. I was pumped. I finally had found a community that thought like me: the society is f*cked up and people are wasting their life.

I would set some goals the following months. I'd achieve one of the 10 goals and be so proud about it.

I would suggest new members to stop pondering and just do it, but I'd been action faking all week long. I was adding value some way or another, but not to my own venture.

I discussed a really good idea on the Inside, but never acted on it. The MVP is simple to make for a web developer, the niche was a gold mine and it's still growing today.

You want to you know why I didn't do it ? It's my fault. Because I have the mindset of a rat trying to become a scientist. Quit trying, be one. Keep reading, the tone switches after the link.

I never understood "Fake it 'till you make it" until I realized I was doing just that myself. Keywords : mental masturbation.

I strongly believe only a radical mindset change can produce a radically different result.

Shut up with those excuses, you're lying to yourself. You are an entrepreneur if you take the steps to be one. It's an ongoing, never ending process.

Radical actions. Take action. Do not adapt your rat routine to your entrepreneur dream. Destroy the routine and build a new one one from nothing. MJ moved from Chicago (was it that?) to Phoenix. Isn't it radical enough? He forced the change and embraced the challenge. Be on the offense, create your opportunites. The new mindset also requires kinetic changes. We're not talking "I'll start flipping items a day or two per week". We're talking "I went to 35 garage sales this week after work, bought for $150 in items and I already made $250 back. This $250 was used to pay that coding freelancer so a part A of my MVP is finally complete. I can now focus on... [...]. While waiting for the coder to do its thing, I contacted local industry leaders and pitched my service to them. Two of them want to meet to learn more about it".

I have read hundreds of threads in here. They're all worth a lot, but they're most likely 56 steps ahead on my project, or they're step 31 of project C.

FOCUS.
Focus on your next step. Nothing else. Don't look to hire your first waiter if you don't even have a menu. Don't ask about funding if your MVP is not ready.

Don't beg for instructions, there's none. Only you know them, and yes you know them... you know the next step, right ? Once this step is done, you'll know the next one.

Be accountable to yourself. If you let yourself down, it won't work.

You can set goals, but if you don't do anything, they'll remain goals forever. We call that a dream. Most people believe dreams are unattainable. Of course, your dream of running an ultra-marathon won't work if you watch 3 hours of TV every night.

Gary Vaynerchuk keeps saying "I like to lose". The real meaning of that sentence is "I like loosing because that means I acted upon my ideas". F*ck dreams, F*ck destiny.Your life will remain the same because you're not acting. That's not the government's fault. That's yours. It's your fault if things are not working for you. What are you going to do about it ?

Radical change, that's what I need. Now, do I wait and hope for that to happen? Force the changes. Be the change in your own life. Don't just read/write it. F*cking do it.

9 months review
I set up some goals and never hit them; the fault is only mine (lack of action and consistency).
It's like if in my head, the fact of setting goals up would make me achieve them automatically. It's like the only fact of joining this community would solve all my problems. Hell no. The problem, it's me. I'm broken; my mindset is not right and my will is not strong enough. I need to kick my a$$ and start executing (it's so easy to write, heh. Now do it).

I created some imaginary barriers blocking my path, when in reality there's none. It's all made up in my mind.

The result, is that my mental health went and still is really low. There's no pity there, it's all my own fault. It's easy to feel down when you put the fault on someone else. "Yeah it's my boss' fault is my life sucks". No buddy, you're letting that get to you. YOU'RE letting that get to you.

I generated money from 2 sales (overall negative cashflow though) through dropshipping, which was the easy way out to forget I have an MVP to make. I still learned a lot... just not in the right area to help me out immediatly.

I also generated money from flipping items. I made ~$1500 profit for less than 10 hours total.

I always felt way better during the short periods of time where I would take action. I would feel in control of my life, my brain would react faster and I would be more creative overall. Everytime I took action, motivation would increase.

The solution is always simple. It can be hard, but it's simple. Keep your focus narrowed down to your next step.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.