The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

SamRussell

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Dude this was awesome.

I've taken a few FB ads courses and they don't talk about half the stuff you do here.

I'm getting good price leads on Facebook Ads... but I just went into my audiences and did some editing based on your ideas... I found some countries and age brackets to be 3x the price of the cheapest... so I removed them.

It's going to be interesting to see how my ads perform this week...! Thanks.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SamRussell

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
@SamRussell - Wondering how it has been.

Any updates?
Thanks for following up eliquid.

Yeah - overall, my cost per opt in has decreased, which is great. This, combined with reading a copywriting book recommended on another thread, has made my campaign come close to breaking even / possibly making a small profit.

The next edit to make to my targeting is to look at geographical data. I didn't want to edit demographics and geography at the same time. It's been a little while since I edited the demographics, so the geographic data has had some time to build up.

Part of my sales funnel is a survey to people to don't buy, so the survey combined with this stuff... I think another month or two of testing and I'll be in a position to start thinking about scaling my campaign up.

I'm adding a guitar lessons membership to my offer... which, in theory, will make breaking even / profiting on my ad spend a LOT easier (and gives me a nice recurring income product I'll be promoting in addition to the music)

Danny01

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
Can someone link me to a sample of a good landing page preferably with Just mobile telephone number, a request-for-call-back form and maybe an address

UnrealCreative

It's Only The Beginning.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2016
San Juan
I approached the sites and offered to pay them based on CPM to place my PIXEL on their site.

Yeah, a pixel.

No ads cluttering up their site, no competitor telling me no, and no split testing to find a CTA.

I simply told them I would pay them $2 per 1,000 impressions that my pixel triggered from their site. My pixel was just a piece of Javascript that sat on their page just like any ol Google Analytics pixel would.

Uh?

This wasn't just any pixel, it was a remarketing pixel.
@eliquid curious about adding a tracking pixel to other's sites...
Has GDPR / other privacy laws hindered your ability to use this method?

The plan is to remarket with display ads + build a FB lookalike audience from people who view a page on niche sites -- specifically service directories.

(Pinging @Tom.V this is what I told you about earlier)

Last edited:
OP
OP
eliquid

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2013
Louisville - Kentucky
This is a old method. I haven't used it since all the new privacy laws, so I couldn't really give info on it pertaining to it.

Last time I had to use this method was years ago.

It shouldn't hinder things though. Everyone has a privacy policy and terms of use page now that should cover this. I see no real difference in this and an affiliate pixel that collects retargeting information.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom