The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SamRussell

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Dude this was awesome.

I've taken a few FB ads courses and they don't talk about half the stuff you do here.

I'm getting good price leads on Facebook Ads... but I just went into my audiences and did some editing based on your ideas... I found some countries and age brackets to be 3x the price of the cheapest... so I removed them.

It's going to be interesting to see how my ads perform this week...! Thanks.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SamRussell

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
@SamRussell - Wondering how it has been.

Any updates?
Thanks for following up eliquid.

Yeah - overall, my cost per opt in has decreased, which is great. This, combined with reading a copywriting book recommended on another thread, has made my campaign come close to breaking even / possibly making a small profit.

The next edit to make to my targeting is to look at geographical data. I didn't want to edit demographics and geography at the same time. It's been a little while since I edited the demographics, so the geographic data has had some time to build up.

Part of my sales funnel is a survey to people to don't buy, so the survey combined with this stuff... I think another month or two of testing and I'll be in a position to start thinking about scaling my campaign up.

I'm adding a guitar lessons membership to my offer... which, in theory, will make breaking even / profiting on my ad spend a LOT easier (and gives me a nice recurring income product I'll be promoting in addition to the music)

Danny01

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
Can someone link me to a sample of a good landing page preferably with Just mobile telephone number, a request-for-call-back form and maybe an address

UnrealCreative

Be not ye the bondservant of man.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2016
San Juan
I approached the sites and offered to pay them based on CPM to place my PIXEL on their site.

Yeah, a pixel.

No ads cluttering up their site, no competitor telling me no, and no split testing to find a CTA.

I simply told them I would pay them $2 per 1,000 impressions that my pixel triggered from their site. My pixel was just a piece of Javascript that sat on their page just like any ol Google Analytics pixel would.

Uh?

This wasn't just any pixel, it was a remarketing pixel.
@eliquid curious about adding a tracking pixel to other's sites...
Has GDPR / other privacy laws hindered your ability to use this method?

The plan is to remarket with display ads + build a FB lookalike audience from people who view a page on niche sites -- specifically service directories.

(Pinging @Tom.V this is what I told you about earlier)

Last edited:
OP
OP
eliquid

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2013
Louisville - Kentucky
This is a old method. I haven't used it since all the new privacy laws, so I couldn't really give info on it pertaining to it.

Last time I had to use this method was years ago.

It shouldn't hinder things though. Everyone has a privacy policy and terms of use page now that should cover this. I see no real difference in this and an affiliate pixel that collects retargeting information.

Exhosa

Cool Title
Nov 24, 2018
Bulgaria/Turkey
Just finished reading the whole thread. Thank you very much for sharing, much appreciated. Could you recommend some learning material for paid advertising? Could be some websites/blogs/forums/courses or anything you can recommend. As you know and said yourself, a lot of "gurus" and noise out there which is hard to filter out for someone new.

OP
OP
eliquid

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2013
Louisville - Kentucky
Just finished reading the whole thread. Thank you very much for sharing, much appreciated. Could you recommend some learning material for paid advertising? Could be some websites/blogs/forums/courses or anything you can recommend. As you know and said yourself, a lot of "gurus" and noise out there which is hard to filter out for someone new.
You should try @Andy Black course. I don't have the link handy, maybe Andy can post in here?

If for some reason you can not do that, I would try to get certified for what you want to learn as the next best option. If you want to do Facebook, get Facebook Blueprint certified. If Google Ads, get Google Ads certified.

The training is free from both, but not the best.

I would go with Andy's course instead.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You should try @Andy Black course. I don't have the link handy, maybe Andy can post in here?

If for some reason you can not do that, I would try to get certified for what you want to learn as the next best option. If you want to do Facebook, get Facebook Blueprint certified. If Google Ads, get Google Ads certified.

The training is free from both, but not the best.

I would go with Andy's course instead.
Thanks @eliquid. Personally, I wouldn't bother with certifications. Learn enough to get started, then keep a lid on spend and learn by managing live campaigns. Managing live campaigns is the only real way to learn.

@Exhosa ... My free stuff and my course are in my signature, and here:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Benedict

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Nov 16, 2019
Thanks so much for the post! Helped a lot!

I have started my first FB Ad Campaign in order to evaluate / proof my online course idea.

Just used your advice on targeting audiences super-specific. Switched age to 5y span, males and only FB feed placement. Will see how it goes.

Especially the part of the "doers" gave me another hit to just go and learn while I pay with the burnt money. I am always a little bit too frugal with the money I have...

If the proof is working out in my favor, I will definitely go for affiliates, too.

Don't want to ask anything - you have already given a LOT! Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
APRIL IS LETHAL AND HERE'S YOUR COURSE PROMOS! Get any of my Udemy courses on sale at Udemy's...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock