The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not Really That Famous Podcast

MichaelDProctor8

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 10, 2019
Hello everyone!

I believe this is my 2nd, maybe 3rd venture to the forums here. I am currently re-reading TMF and have already read unscripted . I love the concepts in all of the books and upon my second go through, I thought I should probably get more active on the forums. This is NOT a Fastlane hustle, I know that, but I think it gives me an incredible amount of experience in becoming an entrepreneur. I am using my conversations and experiences to produce the podcast as a learning tool. Feedback always appreciated.

I started the Not Really That Famous podcast as almost a parody of the most famous podcasts (hence the name Not Really That Famous). My idea was, podcasts are basically just people talking into microphones, yes many of the most successful podcasts are very informative, but its really just conversations from experts and famous people. I thought it would be cool to give regular people a voice. We talk to interesting people that work everyday jobs just like you and me. It has been very successful with everyone we talk to about it, but we arent seeing ridiculous growth yet.

My idea was, to produce one show across multiple platforms. We are on Youtube, Every podcast platform, Facebook and Instagram, and our own website created by myself on WordPress. My thoughts were that we would have opportunities to monetize through various platforms. Podcasts are a slow grind anyways, but were 8 months in and haven't made a penny. Im not suprised, but the Fastlane grind can be hard when your 8 months in and expecting to see some traction by now.

Now that I have launched the product and have come to a consistent easy process, i plan on developing a new fastlane hustle on the side of this side hustle. but so many other barriers are present still.

The hardest part about the show is wearing all of the different hats. And I know this is prevalent in many other projects. Right now I am the sole, web designer, marketer, social media manager, video and audio editor, and every other job that comes with an ecommerce site and production project. I am doing this in my spare time, so home/family life and work balance is a huge issue. I am curious, does everyone else struggle with learning umpteen new skills whenever they are starting a new project?

Anyways, I hope to be provide some positive conversations here and much more often than in the past. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...