The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Myself, Nor the Forum Is Responsible... (Required Reading)

Razz

VPH: Value Per Hour
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
515%
Apr 15, 2016
Common Sense Check:

This forum is not your mom. Individuals here spend a lot of time dispensing invaluable knowledge, from experience, life, and everything in-between.

What are you attracting when you login?

A get rich scheme? Someone to hold your hand and guide you on the playground? Have you even read the book?

This forum doesn't care about what you want. A tale as old as time, there are people out there, just like you, that will gladly offer you their services in return for your $$$.

Stop whining, take responsibility. Produce action. Only you control what you spend time and money on. You get what you put into it.

Grab the shovel and dig. Take what you find and determine if its crap or worth your time. Dismiss the former, investigate the later. The information may eventually just click. Congratulations on investing in yourself.

What you find can turn into gold. It's up to you what you do with it from there.

But Razz, you don't understand... I have this awesome deal in my inbox...

If someone PM's you with their OMG John Doe, I've got the system for you... but don't tell anyone... I'm only offering this time exclusive deal to you... because you're an amazing newbie and no one is like you at all... and you give them money? Hopefully it's the only time you've done that.

Don't blame the admins. You only have yourself to blame.

Call them out on it. Post it publicly, and do some digging.

Protip: Be valuable. Find value. Create Value. Stop taking away your focus. Take action. Show the forum your results. Even when you fail, you tried. Someone here might be able to help. Otherwise, if your history is full of BS - no wonder why no one answers your posts.

Stop feeding negative greed-based decisions that ultimately waste your time. It wastes everyone's time. And ultimately alienates yourself. You put yourself into the feedback loop you believe.

You're distracting members that provide constructive feedback and experience-based criticism that can positively influence lives.

Don't like it? You may not be cut out for this. It isn't an insult, it's just who you are or where you're at right now. Do everyone a favor and don't log back in again.

Can we just gold sticky this thread? Or make it a required thread to be replied to with: yes I understand? to gain forum access?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I really need to get a BOT and just bump this every month.

Deep down I always hoped this thread was a joke. That nobody would really need to be told that your business decisions on the internet were your own responsibility.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Deep down I always hoped this thread was a joke. That nobody would really need to be told that your business decisions on the internet were your own responsibility.

Once a month at least, and we probably could bump it once a week. And, for anyone that has been around a while, you can always tell when stupid shit is going on when this thread makes an appearance.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Common Sense Check:

This forum is not your mom. Individuals here spend a lot of time dispensing invaluable knowledge, from experience, life, and everything in-between.

What are you attracting when you login?

A get rich scheme? Someone to hold your hand and guide you on the playground? Have you even read the book?

This forum doesn't care about what you want. A tale as old as time, there are people out there, just like you, that will gladly offer you their services in return for your $$$.

Stop whining, take responsibility. Produce action. Only you control what you spend time and money on. You get what you put into it.

Grab the shovel and dig. Take what you find and determine if its crap or worth your time. Dismiss the former, investigate the later. The information may eventually just click. Congratulations on investing in yourself.

What you find can turn into gold. It's up to you what you do with it from there.

But Razz, you don't understand... I have this awesome deal in my inbox...

If someone PM's you with their OMG John Doe, I've got the system for you... but don't tell anyone... I'm only offering this time exclusive deal to you... because you're an amazing newbie and no one is like you at all... and you give them money? Hopefully it's the only time you've done that.

Don't blame the admins. You only have yourself to blame.

Call them out on it. Post it publicly, and do some digging.

Protip: Be valuable. Find value. Create Value. Stop taking away your focus. Take action. Show the forum your results. Even when you fail, you tried. Someone here might be able to help. Otherwise, if your history is full of BS - no wonder why no one answers your posts.

Stop feeding negative greed-based decisions that ultimately waste your time. It wastes everyone's time. And ultimately alienates yourself. You put yourself into the feedback loop you believe.

You're distracting members that provide constructive feedback and experience-based criticism that can positively influence lives.

Don't like it? You may not be cut out for this. It isn't an insult, it's just who you are or where you're at right now. Do everyone a favor and don't log back in again.

Can we just gold sticky this thread? Or make it a required thread to be replied to with: yes I understand? to gain forum access?
Rep$ sent your way.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Once a month at least, and we probably could bump it once a week. And, for anyone that has been around a while, you can always tell when stupid shit is going on when this thread makes an appearance.
You usually also know what exact thread the bump refers to :banghead:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just want to mention that just because an AD is approved in the Marketplace, it does NOT mean I approve it, endorse it, or ANYTHING.

I "approve" ads in the marketplace to make sure they are relevant, and moreover, not MLM crap. My approval does not mean I endorse any product, service, person, coaching, etc.

Once again, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for your actions.

Aimegit de moncu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 8, 2016

This is human nature. it begins early in life. just think about Santa Claus.

we were sold the Santa Claus idea in order to be good kids. Anyone can be a victim of hope.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I can't believe most of this needs to be said. Act responsibly. Act smart.

People are too busy to be looking after you. So look after yourself.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I can't believe most of this needs to be said. Act responsibly. Act smart.

People are too busy to be looking after you. So look after yourself.

It needs to be said though. I've gotten multiple "business opportunity" PM's in my time here...

"Act now! Don't let this opportunity pass you by!"

Yeah, ok.

I can smell the bullshit a mile away, but for the young, enthusiastic, maybe a bit naive folks here...it needs to be said.

And since society's script is to NOT take responsibility, or hold themselves accountable for their actions, they'll look for someone to shift the blame onto.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
It needs to be said though. I've gotten multiple "business opportunity" PM's in my time here...

"Act now! Don't let this opportunity pass you by!"

Yeah, ok.

I can smell the bullshit a mile away, but for the young, enthusiastic, maybe a bit naive folks here...it needs to be said.

And since society's script is to NOT take responsibility, or hold themselves accountable for their actions, they'll look for someone to shift the blame onto.

Haha seriously, I wasn't doubting that it needs to be said. But common sense (unless you're 15 and inexperienced) would tell you not to trust random people on the Internet.

It's just a shame that there are people here (who I deem smart) need to hear this shit regularly.

PEOPLE!!! IF IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT, SMELLS LIKE SHIT AND FEELS LIKE SHIT... THEN IT PROBABLY IS SHIT!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I feel so left out. I never get propositioned by randos on the internet for their super duper awesome business opportunity. How the hell am I supposed to make money under these conditions?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just a reminder that myself nor the forum controls any communication that occurs behind the scenes here, whether that's private messaging, Skyping, or offline meetings. I say that because some people exclusively use the forum to "network" for specific objectives -- contracted reps, partners, money, investments, or whatever.

Just because someone posts something (whether it's a great progress thread or screenshots of some type of results) doesn't necessarily make it fact.

Remember, we're on the internet and anyone can say anything.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I feel so left out. I never get propositioned by randos on the internet for their super duper awesome business opportunity. How the hell am I supposed to make money under these conditions?

I also feel left out. Ever think that maybe I want to be roped into an MLM or Affiliate Scam? No. You didn't. You only think about yourself.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
You mean that strangers willingly give other strangers on the internet money when propositioned with favorable information that may or may not be completely fabricated?!??! Holy shit, I gotta get in on that.... I'm doing life wrong.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
You mean that strangers willingly give other strangers on the internet money when propositioned with favorable information that may or may not be completely fabricated?!??! Holy shit, I gotta get in on that.... I'm doing life wrong.
Let's do lunch. :)

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Man, this is my first time coming across this thread and it hurts my heart. Seriously. I guess I just assumed it was common sense to do your homework on everything regarding money and business but I guess that alludes some people.

It's unfortunate that anyone with good intentions on here has gotten the shaft by someone else on here with less than good intentions.

Shitty world we live in but I'm glad I come across this.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Man, this is my first time coming across this thread and it hurts my heart. Seriously. I guess I just assumed it was common sense to do your homework on everything regarding money and business but I guess that alludes some people.

It's unfortunate that anyone with good intentions on here has gotten the shaft by someone else on here with less than good intentions.

Shitty world we live in but I'm glad I come across this.

a small part of the population is very gullible : you can do anything with them whether they are on the internet or anywhere

i read that 3 to 5 % of people in the street will do anything you ask them : money and so on

i did the test : i kissed girls in the street, got money, got books they had with them

i am not kidding . this is FRIGHTENING how gullible people are

5 % of women will sleep with you right now whether they are on the street or anywhere

5% of people will do what you want right now

in marketing, this is well known that 3 to 5 % of people are ready to buy your stuff right now, not tomorrow

this is why cults have always members available to do anything.

the charles manson story and so on

charles.jpg

i am not kidding

this is well explained in many documents.

crowd.jpg

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

Among other things, there's been a couple of threads with "PM me for details" crap that I've had to delete.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
I used to think this kind of thing only happened on the internet...

Until I came across a conman in real life.

This was a great life lesson for me and many of you should run in the opposite direction if you see these signs...

I've been living in Thailand for a few months and I've managed to move into a house with several guys doing eCommerce.

We ran into someone in town that said he came from San Francisco (Silicon Valley)...

He was a chill guy at first. We looked up his name and everything checked out.

He said he recently sold his company for $x amount (in the millions)... which made us suspicious.

But we searched up his company and we saw several articles saying it was acquired.

There was also several podcasts he had been on, he was on their Product Hunt page and on their LinkedIn page.

Everything checked out.

Every time he came by the house, he provided us with a lot of value.

He knew what he was talking about and was very confident.

I showed him my results with FB ads and he told me that he had some friends with startups in Silicon Valley that were looking for a FB ads manager.

Wow, what a great opportunity... right? That's what I thought...

Only thing is, I was supposed to pay this guy $300 and he would find these companies for me.

I said f*** that... naturally. All of my friends agreed it was a bad idea.

Anyway, he dropped the issue and said it's all right - I didn't have to use his service. And that was that...

Fast forward a week later, we go to a meetup that this Chinese hardware incubator was holding.

One of the members of this reputable incubator was holding a speech (and he was legit).

At the end of the meeting him and the conman were talking about an investment deal... which... psychologically convinced me that the conman was legit...

Little did I know that he was playing both sides. Even one of the owners of the incubator thought this guy was legit.

...except the conman positioned himself as knowing the founder of the incubator for years.

I never thought to ask the guy how they met.

He never pushed further for $$, besides using his service (which was a "reasonable" service... but I can close my own clients without paying a cent so I didn't go for it).

We all leave the meeting with high energy, feeling like we're networking with the right people.

Fast-forward a week later, the conman brings a guy to our house that is doing dropshipping.

He told this guy that I was the "best" marketer on the planet.

... then I started talking to the dropshipping guy alone. He tells me that they're going to work together on his store.

That's when a big red flag went off in my head.

Obviously a big-shot Silicon Valley investor would never work on a dropshipping store with a kid he met in Thailand.

I just wish I told the guy before he left the house not to trust the guy.

A few days later, the dropshipper meets my friend at a bar.

He says the conman is asking him for $5,000 to invest in cryptocurrencies for him.

We tell him to stay far away from the guy.

...but little did we know that he already installed a RAD (remote access device) virus onto the dropshippers computer.

It's a virus that keylogs your computer and gives you remote access when connected to WiFi.

He accessed the dropshippers Shopify store and changed the bank account info to his own.

The guy with the Shopify store was getting over $1k-$2k payouts a day, so he ended up losing around $4K.

Luckily with insurance he was able to get some of the paypal $ back, so he only lost $1k in the process.

But we all had to wipe our computers, change our info and enable two-factor authentication.

Anyway, we hit up some more people in the community and we find out that this guy ripped off the Silicon Valley companies' founders for $15,000 and another $15,000 from a marketing consultant that he "went into business with."

He also was charged in court for ripping off $15,000. He ripped off another person in Thailand for $700 last year.

Apparently he invited his former partners to his house for dinner, introduced them to his family and the whole shabang.

He now has a lawsuit pending on him in Cali. Only problem is he keeps bouncing around South East Asia "on the lam."

These types of people are sociopaths and will unfortunately have to live their lives on the run... forever.

The weird thing is this guy was actually talented. He knew what he was talking about...

He just had a sick perversion to make his money by scamming others.

Hopefully this helps somebody else. ALWAYS do extra due diligence. You're not only vulnerable on the internet.

TL:DR Guy posing as silicon valley investor tried to scam me for $300, then ended up scamming a new friend of mine for $3k-$4k (but he got most of his money back through Paypal), had a history of scamming people in Silicon valley for up to $30,000. Now he has a pending lawsuit on him.

I know some of you are going to read this and say "Wow, you should have known he was a con artist from the beginning."

But like the Darren Brown video above, this guy was very good at using persuasion techniques.

He brought different groups of people together as "unsuspecting victims" to build trust among both groups.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I used to think this kind of thing only happened on the internet...

Until I came across a conman in real life.

This was a great life lesson for me and many of you should run in the opposite direction if you see these signs...

I've been living in Thailand for a few months and I've managed to move into a house with several guys doing eCommerce.

We ran into someone in town that said he came from San Francisco (Silicon Valley)...

He was a chill guy at first. We looked up his name and everything checked out.

He said he recently sold his company for $x amount (in the millions)... which made us suspicious.

But we searched up his company and we saw several articles saying it was acquired.

There was also several podcasts he had been on, he was on their Product Hunt page and on their LinkedIn page.

Everything checked out.

Every time he came by the house, he provided us with a lot of value.

He knew what he was talking about and was very confident.

I showed him my results with FB ads and he told me that he had some friends with startups in Silicon Valley that were looking for a FB ads manager.

Wow, what a great opportunity... right? That's what I thought...

Only thing is, I was supposed to pay this guy $300 and he would find these companies for me.

I said f*** that... naturally. All of my friends agreed it was a bad idea.

Anyway, he dropped the issue and said it's all right - I didn't have to use his service. And that was that...

Fast forward a week later, we go to a meetup that this Chinese hardware incubator was holding.

One of the members of this reputable incubator was holding a speech (and he was legit).

At the end of the meeting him and the conman were talking about an investment deal... which... psychologically convinced me that the conman was legit...

Little did I know that he was playing both sides. Even one of the owners of the incubator thought this guy was legit.

...except the conman positioned himself as knowing the founder of the incubator for years.

I never thought to ask the guy how they met.

He never pushed further for $$, besides using his service (which was a "reasonable" service... but I can close my own clients without paying a cent so I didn't go for it).

We all leave the meeting with high energy, feeling like we're networking with the right people.

Fast-forward a week later, the conman brings a guy to our house that is doing dropshipping.

He told this guy that I was the "best" marketer on the planet.

... then I started talking to the dropshipping guy alone. He tells me that they're going to work together on his store.

That's when a big red flag went off in my head.

Obviously a big-shot Silicon Valley investor would never work on a dropshipping store with a kid he met in Thailand.

I just wish I told the guy before he left the house not to trust the guy.

A few days later, the dropshipper meets my friend at a bar.

He says the conman is asking him for $5,000 to invest in cryptocurrencies for him.

We tell him to stay far away from the guy.

...but little did we know that he already installed a RAD (remote access device) virus onto the dropshippers computer.

It's a virus that keylogs your computer and gives you remote access when connected to WiFi.

He accessed the dropshippers Shopify store and changed the bank account info to his own.

The guy with the Shopify store was getting over $1k-$2k payouts a day, so he ended up losing around $4K.

Luckily with insurance he was able to get some of the paypal $ back, so he only lost $1k in the process.

But we all had to wipe our computers, change our info and enable two-factor authentication.

Anyway, we hit up some more people in the community and we find out that this guy ripped off the Silicon Valley companies' founders for $15,000 and another $15,000 from a marketing consultant that he "went into business with."

He also was charged in court for ripping off $15,000. He ripped off another person in Thailand for $700 last year.

Apparently he invited his former partners to his house for dinner, introduced them to his family and the whole shabang.

He now has a lawsuit pending on him in Cali. Only problem is he keeps bouncing around South East Asia "on the lam."

These types of people are sociopaths and will unfortunately have to live their lives on the run... forever.

The weird thing is this guy was actually talented. He knew what he was talking about...

He just had a sick perversion to make his money by scamming others.

Hopefully this helps somebody else. ALWAYS do extra due diligence. You're not only vulnerable on the internet.

TL:DR Guy posing as silicon valley investor tried to scam me for $300, then ended up scamming a new friend of mine for $3k-$4k (but he got most of his money back through Paypal), had a history of scamming people in Silicon valley for up to $30,000. Now he has a pending lawsuit on him.

I know some of you are going to read this and say "Wow, you should have known he was a con artist from the beginning."

But like the Darren Brown video above, this guy was very good at using persuasion techniques.

He brought different groups of people together as "unsuspecting victims" to build trust among both groups.

Great story. Anyone who's never had to deal with a conman in real life-learn it.

I've run into several of these guys. Some are useless shit piles. Others you're thinking "Dude you could make more money with honest work, and not have to deal with this insanity. Why are you doing this with your life?"

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Others you're thinking "Dude you could make more money with honest work, and not have to deal with this insanity. Why are you doing this with your life?"

That's what is odd. This guy sounds talented and he can sell like crazy. He doesn't NEED to scam people. One makes me think is is sociopathic.

sotomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 25, 2017
U.S.
That's what is odd. This guy sounds talented and he can sell like crazy. He doesn't NEED to scam people. One makes me think is is sociopathic.

Or some other disability making it hard to focus on a task for any length of time. (Bipolar?) People like that annoy me, yet are often successful leaders because they seem passionate. On the opposite end, when people are quiet and focused, they are often seen as shy, troubled, or autistic.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Or some other disability making it hard to focus on a task for any length of time. (Bipolar?) People like that annoy me, yet are often successful leaders because they seem passionate. On the opposite end, when people are quiet and focused, they are often seen as shy, troubled, or autistic.
Went to school with a dude who literally faked having terminal cancer for a year( not sure how he thought he would keep that going, but thats neither here nor there)

Boy could that guy spin and sell a story...

I won't go into all the too long details, but I recently looked him up and he is Vice CEO (whatever that means) of a successful consulting firm in Switzerland. Moved there after a 3 year stint with McKinsey Consulting

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.