The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Myself, Nor the Forum Is Responsible... (Required Reading)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
So, whats up with the guppy tank thread(s) missing and @IceCreamKid changing his thread title, talking about how he "used" to have a mentor from this forum, zen not posting anymore after years on the forum etc. And then that post from MJ. Did I miss sth or just a coincidence? o_O

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
So, whats up with the guppy tank thread(s) missing and @IceCreamKid changing his thread title, talking about how he "used" to have a mentor from this forum, zen******* not posting anymore after years on the forum etc. And then that post from MJ. Did I miss sth or just a coincidence? o_O

Also note that MJ said $3,000 in his hypothetical.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So, whats up with the guppy tank thread(s) missing and @IceCreamKid changing his thread title, talking about how he "used" to have a mentor from this forum, zen not posting anymore after years on the forum etc. And then that post from MJ. Did I miss sth or just a coincidence? o_O

Draw your own conclusions. As for "missing something" -- you didn't. Forum drama is not publicly aired for all to discuss. We move forward.

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Draw your own conclusions. As for "missing something" -- you didn't. Forum drama is not publicly aired for all to discuss. We move forward.
Alright. Feel free to delete my last posts in this thread, didnt mean to stir it up.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
That includes all of the content, both inside and regular, and includes even your own posts.

You're not free to share it, anywhere.. without the express written consent of Viperion.

Vig, that's not really what the ToS says. I'm going to quote it, because there's a pretty massive and important difference between what it actually says and what you just said. It says:

In consideration for your agreement to the terms and conditions contained herein, VC [Viperion-Ed] grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access, use, and contribute to the site. You warrant and acknowledge through your explicit use of TFF in any manner available (blogs, commenting, thread creation, topic posting, hereto referred to as "Contributed Content") that any such Contributed Content (posts, threads, blogs, and any use of the site's public publishing/commenting system) MAY BE retransmitted or republished in secondary publications for editorial, discussionary, or opinionated commentary, including but not limited to blogs, books (printed or electronic) or other commercially distributed content. Furthermore, by posting and submitting "Contributed Content" to TFF, either directly or indirectly, responding to posts, threads, private messages, or other means for providing "Contributed Content" to us, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide license and right to display, use, perform, reproduce, modify, distribute and create derivative works of the Submission or information submitted in any media, publication, software, or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. You agree that we are free to use any "Contributed Content" posts, comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send or provide to us including, without limitation, responses to threads, postings, or commentary to TFF without further compensation, acknowledgement, or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving TFF, and/or VC's products and services.

This makes sense. The posts, etc. can be freely quoted, used for advertising, in books, etc. without legal dispute forever. Solid.

If interpreted literally, what you said would mean that, hypothetically, Vic would have to email MJ every time he wanted to use a picture from his progress thread on Instagram, or maybe even before he sent his rapid prototype, which he illustrated for us, to be produced. That does not make sense. According to ToS, Viperion is the unlimited free licensee of the content forever, but they do not own it as such. No thread creator ever has to ask Viperion for permission to do anything with content they've created for the forum, as far as a plain-sense understanding of the ToS is concerned, at least as far as I saw. Maybe Esquire or someone else with a law degree can chime in if I'm wrong, or you can quote the relevant section.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
The purpose of Vig's post is to point out that you cannot use content contained herein that was posted by someone else. There was concern in the past that anything one may post on the forum would become the sole property of Viperion therefore that content no longer belongs to you. I believe that was edited by MJ well over a year ago. He has no desire to take sole ownership of the content you post. Vig is dissuading others to use any of the content here that is not their own for any other purposes.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's some great reading on forum theft, etc...

I would never suggest that your own original content, shared here to add value, then belongs to the company that owns the forum.

It's very simple.

1. Be mindful of what you share here, as we will boot other people's proprietary content (and you) if you are violating their copyrights by sharing it here
2. Attribute the sources for what you share here and
3. Don't take content from here (especially INSIDERS content) and share it elsewhere. Non-INSIDERS content is indexed by Google. If you share publicly indexed content, share it with attribution. INSIDERS content is not for republication by you, unless of course it's your own original work that you then shared here, and obviously you can do what ever the hell you want with it.

http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2006/04/10/what-do-you-do-when-someone-steals-your-content/

Last edited:

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
I just arrived at the forum a couple of days ago, and I'm glad this thread got bumped. Reason being is that, after reading the book (not quite done yet, but close), I came here and found a few of the gold posts that had some really good insights in them. That created some exuberance for the forum in my mind which, if unchecked, can lower my guard and make me quick to trust people without asking all the right questions. Always gotta keep that guard up.

And this thread may not be the best place, but really enjoying the book, and seeing some promising things in the forum. Glad it's here.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Timely reminder.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks...

If a stranger comes on this forum and their first post is a vague opportunity and asks "PM me for details" -- PLEASE DO NOT.

Report the thread for deletion.

This is against the rules and not an appropriate use of the forum.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Timely update for all the newbies (and old school as a reminder) to do your own due diligence. This is the wild, wild west and you need to do your own research, come to your own conclusions, and watch your own back. The best filter of what and whom you let into your world is YOU. The old adage of trust but verify doesn't apply online. It is VERIFY first, then TRUST sparingly. The only one looking out for you is you.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Timely update for all the newbies (and old school as a reminder) to do your own due diligence. This is the wild, wild west and you need to do your own research, come to your own conclusions, and watch your own back. The best filter of what and whom you let into your world is YOU. The old adage of trust but verify doesn't apply online. It is VERIFY first, then TRUST sparingly. The only one looking out for you is you.
Every time this gets bumped I wonder, did I miss an awkward post?

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
I can't understand people sometimes... you wouldn't let a stranger come into your house but you would trust that same stranger with your money in some kind of business venture that you don't know anything about ?...

It's sad that you need to make a thread about not being responsible when people get scammed over the net...

Some people install hundred of dollars worth anti-viruses because they're scared being hacked but are one phone call away to give out their credit card information when they receive some strangers phone call or e-mail about updating their bank info because * insert stupid reason here *.

Had to vent this out ,sorry.

D

DeletedUser394

Some people install hundred of dollars worth anti-viruses because they're scared being hacked but are one phone call away to give out their credit card information when they receive some strangers phone call or e-mail about updating their bank info because * insert stupid reason here *.

Had to vent this out ,sorry.

Hey man, an IMF director emailed me yesterday saying he had money for me. All I had to do was give him all of my contact information. Seemed totally legit!!!!.... but for some reason this email was in my spam folder :(

lol :)

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
Hey man, an IMF director emailed me yesterday saying he had money for me. All I had to do was give him all of my contact information. Seemed totally legit!!!!.... but for some reason this email was in my spam folder :(

I sell cellphones and if you saw the amount of stupid I talk with everyday... like this guy received a phone call telling him he won a trip to the Bahamas so I asked him do you remember signing up for that trip prize ? I'll let you guess his answer... then I asked him nicely : How do you win something you never signed up for ? But he got mad because of my answer and told me that it was our job to make sure he don't get scammed. I couldn't believe it. Maybe I was too harsh with him with my last question but still.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada

Hotmail doesn't wan't you to become rich! Conspiracy! Illuminati!

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Please note the following :

1. Don't do business with forum members

2. When you ignore 1., you do so at your own risk

3. When a problem occurs because you ignored 2., don't ask us to intercede

4. If you screw other members on the forum, inevitably we will find out about it

5. While we don't intercede in people's private business, we will still think you are an a$$.

6. The forum won't be used to exert pressure on members to honor sidebar business deals

So, please go back and read the OP of this thread. And, if you are an a$$ who screws other forum members, what comes around goes around.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

1. Don't do business with forum members

2. When you ignore 1., you do so at your own risk

3. When a problem occurs because you ignored 2., don't ask us to intercede

4. If you screw other members on the forum, inevitably we will find out about it

5. While we don't intercede in people's private business, we will still think you are an a$$.

6. The forum won't be used to exert pressure on members to honor sidebar business deals

So, please go back and read the OP of this thread. And, if you are an a$$ who screws other forum members, what comes around goes around.

Ethics doesn't come into play when you're chasing paper.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Ethics and morals seem to chase me around more than paper. And I agree with number 1. Somehow choices always seem to remind me I'm the only one responsible for where my life goes. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Bump for 2016 newbies.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump. It is not my job or the moderator's job to do your due diligence.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

...and presumably kick them off the forum?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I really need to get a BOT and just bump this every month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.