• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

GOLD! One year of FLF...

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by RHL, Nov 25, 2014.

1. RHL

RHL The coaching was a joke guys. Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $71,758
    Ok, I'm a little bit late; it's been about 13 months since I joined here, and longer since I first read TMF. It's Tuesday afternoon, and guess where I am?

Not at work.

My life has become something I couldn't really imagine a year ago. Today I went to make a deposit at the bank, something I did every two weeks when I was working. My deposit amount used to be $1,625.30, a number that will probably be burned into my brain for all eternity.

80 hours, $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

Whether the weeks were easy or brutal, whether the workload was intense or trivial, the deposit was always the same.

Today was a little bit different.

[​IMG]

I had always heard "time is your most valuable asset," but when it was making $22/hr, surrounded by parents and teachers and friends on typical salaries, it was hard to believe it. Since TMF, I've intentionally asked myself how I can deliver value to others in such a a way that the recompense for my time explodes, $200, $300, $500 or more per hour. Can I make something now that will give me an income in five years? Can I spend today on something that people need badly enough to joyfully part with $1000 rather than $170?

My uncle and cousin both died in their early 60's of cardiac issues in the last year, and my Dad (always fit but poor diet) has had two heart attacks now. I'm about 50 pounds overweight, so I've been trying to crack down on that for the last three months, losing about 20 pounds so far, 1/3 of the way to my goal. I won't be satisfied until my complete change to a healthy lifestyle makes me completely physically fit by my 30th birthday. Junk food and sloth are right out. I'm not on a diet, I'll never eat that sh*t again. I have a new life. Give me hell if I'm not there next July.

I'm also grinding a lot when I could be working on passive systems. To counteract that, I've already inked deals that are going to make that happen, and have been working on other products with high levels of vertical integration since YT revenue alone is so woeful. In the last 60 days, I wrote a 190 page ebook that will be getting its own progress thread imminently. I'm focusing on going bigger and faster with less and less of my time committed to making money, so I can spend more of it on what matters. If this continues, my kids will get to know me and benefit from my presence the way I never got to with my dad. My wife has had a lifelong retirement dream of spending a summer exploring a foreign country. That's happening this year, and she's in her mid 20's, not her mid 70's.

@MJ DeMarco, this is for you:

[​IMG]

Some will get it. Some won't.

For everyone else, did the last year transform your life into what you want, or further conform your life to its current status quo? Answer that question, and you know where you're headed next year. It's not too late to put your turn signal on.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. MoneyDoc

MoneyDoc Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,685
    Simply beautiful.

Congratulations buddy. Imagine if you hadn't changed... In two days you would've made another deposit in the bank, $1,625.30... Then in another 2 weeks, again, $1,625.30..

3. pickeringmt

pickeringmt Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,472
    Thanks for sharing this

James_Bond, mt_myke and RHL like this.
  4. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,542
    Awesome write-up. Motivation!

We're all gonna make it.

5. Tyler K

Tyler K Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $793
    I'm 16 and it's amazing to see you did this in a year, reading this I realize that I can be like you before I even graduate high school. Thanks for this thread.

RobertPurcea, NickB, smiley49 and 6 others like this.
  6. Writer

Writer Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,219
    Thank you for this post.

RHL likes this.
  7. Draven Grey

Draven Grey Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,305
    Awesome!!! Very inspiring!
    Like you, I've been motivated by family health history to get not just my finances in order, but my health too. I've made some incredible changes in the last few months alone. Financially, the last year has been a huge eye-opener for me. I can't go into any more detail than I have in other posts here, but essentially I finally feel focused in a very successful direction - one that I've always had a lot of success in, but never fully applied myself to or scaled it up. The new year will finally bring my last 15 years in the music business (coaching bands, my own music career, recording, marketing, counseling, etc) into a single business that is only the very beginning of a business empire that fits CENTS in so many great ways I get extremely excited just thinking about it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2018
  8. merc

merc Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $281
    I needed this. The new year seems to be when most people tend to look at where they are at with their lives.

Why not evaluate and make changes today?

Thanks for the post!

Romeo D., DeletedUser394 and RHL like this.
  9. bbrrookie

bbrrookie Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $108
    This is awesome! I am so glad I found this forum. Finally I am surrounded by people who truly want the most of life. Seeing this has given me even more drive to stop snoozing that alarm and realize how precious TIME is.
    I applaud you and wish you nothing but the best.
    Im only a month in TMF, but it feels like my life truly began that long ago.
    GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING and GET ON THAT DIET!!

Romeo D., MrGibson, Saavedra and 7 others like this.
  10. ljb7

ljb7 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,791
    Really happy for you dude, keep killin it!

RHL likes this.
  11. Silverhawk851

Silverhawk851 Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $33,882
    Respect for sharing, alot of people wouldn't take the time to write up and share intimate details like that

Appreciated, Congratulations, and Speed +!!

12. Iwokeup

Iwokeup Aut viam invenium aut faciam Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,008
    Sweet dude. Congrats and way to rock it.

GuestUser156 and RHL like this.
  13. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,170
    Admin Post
    Congrats man, exciting update ... sounds like a great year of transformation.

Ha, I'm afraid I might be someone who doesn't get it. Looks like a hearing aid. Symbolic to old age? Perhaps the agents in the Matrix?

14. RHL

RHL The coaching was a joke guys. Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $71,758
  15. Even Steven

Even Steven tumbling down the learning curve Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,772
    That rules, ΕΝΔΕΚΑ. Very inspiring, and I'm really happy things are going well. I need constant reminders like this to get me off my a$$ and doing something. After reading your post, I went ahead and sent emails to a couple of people regarding a product idea I have, and I ordered a supply my wife and I need for an online store idea. Gonna go ahead and register the domain as well right now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    Romeo D. and RHL like this.
  16. RBefort

RBefort Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $732
    Boom! Love seeing the pics of bank statement transformations. Nice work! Link to ebook?

17. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,170
    Admin Post
    I'm marking this GOLD for several reasons.

The first, and the obvious, it's a HUGE accomplishment to be able to support yourself via your own creativity and ingenuity. As @Vigilante says, "Blaze Your Own Path" -- and once you do, it's the ultimate feeling. Heck I can't even describe it, happiness, fulfillment, autonomy, whatever you can imagine, it's there.

Second, it shows how much change can happen over 1 year.

Third, your story (of a bank deposit) is very similar to MY story which appears in my next book. In fact, it's strikingly similar. It also marks a milestone on the entrepreneurial path, a "coming of age" that every entrepreneur must experience to turn the corner permanently from the ranks of a job owning you, vs you owning the job.

Ill post that story here (with some things redacted since the title is still underwraps)

Roz, bilkar1985, Andrew J. and 61 others like this.
  18. Twista

Twista Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $389
    This is great! Perfect timing too as today is my b'day :)
    Thanks for sharing ΕΝΔΕΚΑ!

RHL likes this.
  19. Phenom

Phenom Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $444
    In a way this doesn't surprise me. I've read many of your posts and your words clearly tells me you're 1) action driven 2) action driven. Inspiring. congrats!

20. RHL

Rep Bank:
    $71,758
    I'll post when I post a progress thread about it. It's a pretty serious book (about 20 other print sources and numerous websites consulted, had to get the green light to use several dozen photographs of things I couldn't have snapped on my own for logistical reasons), so I'm having it worked over by a professional editor who is doing it for free as a favor. Progress thread should be up by the weekend and the book should be done first week of December, in time for the Christmas season. I'm also hoping to drop a couple AMAs in the coming months about various things I think I've got figured out.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    LeoistheSun, ZF Lee, jtmoniii and 6 others like this.
  21. Peakdesire

Peakdesire Burning Desire to Succeed Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,039
    Awesome man!! Congrats.

22. Nicoknowsbest

Nicoknowsbest "Next time, there will be no next time" - Eminem Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,133
    Big respect for your achievements @ΕΝΔΕΚΑ!
    I just realized that you have been a member here a little over a year - for some reason I thought you have been here for much longer ;-)

Keep going - you'll go far!
    Thank you for sharing!

extraordwealth and RHL like this.
  23. Marc B.

Marc B. Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,290
    Congratulations on reaching this great milestone--one of many to come, I'm sure. You may have to pinch yourself when you're caught reflecting on your earlier years to remind yourself that this is real. ;)

100000MIL and RHL like this.
  24. Go4Greatness

Go4Greatness New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    congrats! very inspiring story.

It's crazy knowing what just a YEAR can do for someone.

25. MMatt

MMatt Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,244
    Supplemented your income and exceeded it, fantastic!

How's the youtube channel doing?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.