The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF THE FASTLANE FORUM!

First: Since most of you won't read this required message, know this: IF YOUR FIRST POST AT THE FORUM IS PROMOTIONAL, AI CONTENT, SEO BS, BACKLINKING, or SOME MARKETING BS CLOAKED AS "I need feedback" when you don't want feedback—YOU WILL BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY—NO QUESTIONS ASKED and NO SECOND CHANCES.

####

Now for those of you who are here for COMMUNITY FIRST and perhaps some promotion later, continue reading.

Here's how things work...

Welcome to the Fastlane Forum! As a new forum user (or a regular contributor) Id like to acquaint you to the forum, its rules, and how to maximize your membership. REVIEWING THIS THREAD IS MANDATORY.

#1: READ THE BOOK(S)!!!
First and most important, this forum and its philosophies are predicated on the three best-selling entrepreneur books, The Millionaire Fastlane, UNSCRIPTED, and The Great Rat Race Escape. For a macro-level view, view our ABOUT page.

To download FREE chapters to see if these books can help your journey (and navigating this forum) visit the link below. If you have not read any of the books, we suggest starting with The Millionaire Fastlane.

:checkbox: Download Books.

While reading these books is NOT a requirement for forum participation, reading them will help you get the most out of your Fastlane experience. Think of the books like visiting a foreign country -- if you know the host language, you'll get a better experience. And even better, if you're an aspiring entrepreneur, and three books were written to change your life.

If you have read the books and would like your "I've read!" badge plus additional forum privileges, please post in the appropriate thread.

1. I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane.
  2. I've Read UNSCRIPTED.
  3. I've Read The Great Rat Race Escape.

#2: START YOUR JOURNEY AT THE GOLD, NOTABLE Threads (Click High-Value Topics)
A common question first asked at the forum is "Where do I start??" Well, after you read the books, read the BEST THREADS of the forum, the GOLD and NOTABLE threads. Pick out the ones that align with your focus, or read them all. 

Other high value content is found here:
  1. MOST VIEWED TOPICS
  2. MOST LIKED POSTS

#3: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
This is a close knit community free from the SCRIPTED gulag of cultural mediocrity. Please tell us your story. The more the better. A simple "Hello great to be here" (while nice) is generally ignored by the community. We want to hear where you've been, and where you're going.

:bulb:INTRODUCTIONS FORUM. (Then click, "New Thread.")

#4: BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD...
Do a forum search function to make sure your topic hasn't already been discussed. More than likely, it already has. Common questions like "do I go to college?" have been answered a GAZILLION times.

#5: SELF-PROMOTION, SEO, AND BACKLINKING IS PROHIBITED
(Except in the Designated Thread)
If you are here at the forum solely to promote something, your experience likely won't end well. Any promotional, SEO, or backlinking activity that occurs in the main forum will result in a FAST DELETE and BAN. Please save your time.

If you have something to promote, please pay for a MARKETPLACE Ad which gives you the privilege to create your own forum thread, complete with a week long exposure at the top of the forum's home page.

:bulb:Marketplace Ad

Alternatively, you can post your self-promotional content at anytime in the SELF-PROMOTION thread which is a continuous thread of self-promotional activities.

:bulb:Self-Promotion Thread

#6: JOIN THE UNSCRIPTED TEXT NETWORK
Join the FREE text network curated personally by MJ DeMarco. Keep apprised on any emerging GOLD and NOTABLE threads, motivational blurbs to keep your Unscripted journey on track, legendary forum posts extracted from the forum, otherwise buried in some monster thread, and other actionable advice from MJ (and other forum members) exclusively cherry-picked from the forum.

:bulb:Unscripted Network (Telegram [Includes all archived posts too!)]

#7: AFFILIATE MARKETING PROMOTION IS PROHIBITED = BANNED
As an addendum to the above, posting affiliate marketing links is PROHIBITED. The forum doesn't want to hear about how you stumbled on a great training program, a meditation secret for manifesting wealth, or how to grow your IG account by 100 followers a day. READ THE BOOKS ABOVE TO UNDERSTAND WHY THIS STUFF IS NOT ALLOWED HERE. Quit acting like a guppy in shark's playground.

#8: NO GURU BS PLEASE!
Are you here because you're interested in using the forum to build your list, hot prospect, and enlarge your sales funnel? Word of caution: THIS BEHAVIOR does not work here and you will be CALLED-OUT on it, or worse, exposed as a charlatan. If your participation at the forum is conditional upon you selling, backlinking, or hot-prospecting the forum users, again, it likely won't end well.

#9: SEARCHING FOR CONTENT BEFORE POSTING
You can expose content by clicking tags, forum categories, or prefixes. The native forum search function is marginal at best (thanks Xenforo) and usually the Google search box does a better job. Also note, some of our best threads are dozens of pages AND HUNDREDS of posts long. Unfortunately, the best material sometimes gets lost among the noise. The best way to percolate the best content to the top of any thread is to SORT BY LIKES. This can be done at the top of the thread view.

:bulb:Post A New Topic

#10: GENERAL RULES TO FOLLOW
If you're here to promote something, place a MARKETPLACE AD or post in the designated self-promotion thread. Otherwise, you will be banned. Here are some behaviors that will result in your Fastlane experience being short-lived.
  1. Solicit for investors or partners.
  2. Post backlink spam in your profile without any introduction.
  3. Post a meetup for some nondescript meeting and some nondescript hotel with a nondescript purpose. (MLM ALERT!)
  4. Be a deceptive advocate -- take part in a discussion about a company/product/service as if you are an innocent bystander when in fact, you are employed or financially invested in the product/service.
  5. Peacock as a guru.
  6. Be a troll -- this is a business forum that promotes PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and a GROWTH MINDSET. If you are a part of the SCRIPTED mediocrity and victim mob, you aren't going to last here. In other words, this is our "safe space" from the idiocy of safe spaces.
  7. Discuss religion or post political threads. While we graze political discussions occasionally, it's usually because they advocate SCRIPTED victimology, virtuous mediocrity, and anti-business themes.

#11: KEEP THE LOCKER-ROOM "PUA" LANGUAGE AT HOME
I'm sorry, but none of us want to hear how you are a master at "slaying chicks", "getting laid" and "pulling tail". Women entrepreneurs have some of the best insights. If we are to benefit from their opinions, refrain from posting immature locker room, beer-buddy guy talk in the public forum— keep this stuff to your own private networks or post in the private MEN'S FORUM. Look at this forum as a CEO boardroom composed of half women, half men. Don't be a douche as none of us want to hear about your gender world views.

#12: LEVERAGE CHAT THREADS FOR THINGS THAT DON'T REQUIRE THEIR OWN THREAD
Aside from specific business topics, the forum also has numerous "chat threads" that act like an ongoing discussion and are continuous. Feel free to contribute to these at anytime.

:bulb:General Chat Thread
:bulb:Specific Chat Threads

#13 JOIN INSIDERS AND SUPPORT THE FORUM
If you'd like to view the forum without any advertising (except forum sponsors) and would like your contributions privately unindexable by search engines, please join Fastlane INSIDERS for as little as $7.99/mo.

:bulb:Join Fastlane Insiders

#14: DO NOT POST AI-GENERATED CONTENT or CHATGPT answers.
If your first contribution to the forum is an AI-generated, CHATGPT response, you will be immediately banned.

Read more here...

#15: NO USER OFFLOADING/SOLICITATION INTO OTHER COMMERCIALIZED GROUPS or NETWORKING EVENTS
You cannot use the forum to solicit users into other off-forum groups, such as your own forum, Telegram group, or Facebook group. Small Mastermind or Accountability groups are the exceptions.

#16: DON'T LURK
Many Fastlaners have built strong relationships at the forum that have blossomed into great things. From best friends, to mentors, to millionaire partnerships. This all starts with you CONTRIBUTING and becoming part of the community, not lurking in the shadows. You have something to contribute, even if you don't quite yet have a business, a million bucks, or a successful track record. DO NOT LET FEAR STOP YOU.

:bulb:Don't Lurk, Do This Instead

I do not visit Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook often, but I am here EVERY SINGLE DAY to help you achieve what you know you can achieve. With that said, I wish you the best and I hope to see a lot of you here at the forum.

#17: Internet Begging = Instant Ban
If your first post here is to beg or plead for money while crying about your personal situation, you will be removed.

:blush: MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And starting tomorrow (or a few days later), the thread will be FORCED on new users, otherwise they can't read or post.

Any suggestions on what I left out, feel free to let me know.

GameOver

World Domination
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 11, 2017
USA
I'm still newish, and I have been wondering how the various flare in some folks' profile is activated. Fastlane INSIDERS I believe is from subscribing to the premium portions of this website. Not sure about the others. For example I've read Fastlane but I don't know how that gets activated. I'm not sure what Speedway Pass or Summit Attendee means. I looked over the website for this information but couldn't find it. So my thought was maybe a quick post about all that here in this thread?

Raymas

Raymus the Stingray
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 2, 2017
Singapore
And starting tomorrow (or a few days later), the thread will be FORCED on new users, otherwise they can't read or post.

Really like what you're doing here.

There's already lots of gold nuggets in this forum and the first basic requirement should be for them to go through them.

We can even make it that people read at least X amount of Gold threads before being allowed to post in forum other Introduction.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Nope. I think that about covers it. :smile2:

Just force it on the seasoned users as well. ;)

Edit:
I want to force this on people in my life!

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Hello Fastlane beginners, welcome to the forum. To add on to @MJ DeMarco's post, here's some basic info to learn.

16k19c6.png

This is what a profile looks like. A profile contains badges, likes, and rep bank. We'll explain in further detail what this all means.

Badges
mhtx5d.png

:greenx: Staff Member: A user who moderates the forum.
:greenx: Legendary Contributor: A forum member who gained 5,000 likes.
:greenx: Fastlane INSIDERS: A member who purchased a Fastlane INSIDERS subscription. Click HERE to join. Click HERE to access the Fastlane INSIDERS private forum.
:greenx: Read The Millionaire Fastlane : A member who read the book. Click HERE to get your badge!
:greenx: Speedway Pass: A member who earned 40+ speed points to view this private forum. For more info, click HERE.
:greenx: Summit Attendee: A forum member who attended the summit. More details HERE.

Profile (Part II)
n65iqu.png

:greenx: Start A Conversation: This is how you private message a forum member.

Note:

• Some forum members have this feature turned off. These forum members prefer their inbox not get flooded with questions about mentorship, advice, networking, etc.
  • General warning: Be cautious with anyone sending you links offering business opportunities, investments, or inviting you to pay money for a service.
:greenx: Rep Bank: This is your Fastlane bank. The Rep Bank represents your credibility. The more likes you get, the more your bank grows. To build your bank, contribute to the forum.
(Note: Rep bank currency is not real money.)

Rep Bank (Part II)
2z6hy6s.png

:greenx: Rep Transfer: Click to send reps to a forum member you think has awesome content.
:greenx: Likes: You get $5 reps every time a forum member likes your post.

In summary, this post provides answers to common questions about the several features on this forum. Enjoy your stay!

oqb215.png

Last edited:

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I'm still newish, and I have been wondering how the various flare in some folks' profile is activated. Fastlane INSIDERS I believe is from subscribing to the premium portions of this website. Not sure about the others. For example I've read Fastlane but I don't know how that gets activated. I'm not sure what Speedway Pass or Summit Attendee means. I looked over the website for this information but couldn't find it. So my thought was maybe a quick post about all that here in this thread?
Check out my post:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

so your idea is creating a bootcamp for newbie : "read this, do that"

in order to be sure that they are in the right place because your fastlane philosophy is unique among the business world ( at least your are the first guy showing people this concept )

new users should do special actions for a fews days , "read that topic. follow this guy "

then they graduate : " new user approved "

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Probably a general warning to newbies to be wary of anyone sending them PM's offering business opportunities, investments, or anything asking them to part with their money.

This forum is awesome, but this is still the internet, and there can be some unscrupulous characters around.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
In summary, this post provides answers to common questions about the several features on this forum. Enjoy your stay!

I find the bookmark feature very useful, especially for the mega threads. It basically acts as a personal "Featured post" function where you can organize, add notes, tag and quickly find your favourite posts.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
@Argue

I'd edit your post (which was awesome) to expand on a few things:

- Legendary status relates to "likes". I think right now it's set at 5,000 likes = legendary status.
- The INSIDERS subscription gives you access to a private section
- Some of the more popular members have turned off "start a conversation" as it's too distracting to be constantly inundated with requests for networking/mentorship/questions/advice/etc...
- You get rep when someone likes your posts. You can also get it when someone clicks the "rep transfer" button and transfers their rep from their rep bank into your own. Often as thanks for posting awesome content. While it's generally a quick way to tell who gets lots of love for their posts, because it can be given away it's also not necessarily a reliable indicator (look at @Yoda who can't give away his rep fast enough because he's awesome like that).

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
@Argue

I'd edit your post (which was awesome) to expand on a few things:

- Legendary status relates to "likes". I think right now it's set at 5,000 likes = legendary status.
- The INSIDERS subscription gives you access to a private section
- Some of the more popular members have turned off "start a conversation" as it's too distracting to be constantly inundated with requests for networking/mentorship/questions/advice/etc...
- You get rep when someone likes your posts. You can also get it when someone clicks the "rep transfer" button and transfers their rep from their rep bank into your own. Often as thanks for posting awesome content. While it's generally a quick way to tell who gets lots of love for their posts, because it can be given away it's also not necessarily a reliable indicator (look at @Yoda who can't give away his rep fast enough because he's awesome like that).
Hey @JAJT, thank you for the feedback. When I first wrote this, I knew it'd be incomplete but my hope was someone would help contribute and add on. You're the man! Definitely going to make changes soon.

@MidwestLandlord you are correct. Going to fit this bit of info in the next edit. Thank you!

@cmor16 I agree 100%. I'll include the book mark features too! :)

Edit: Thanking @MJ DeMarco for the reps! ^^

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Things strict too! Wouldn't even let me click "like" on a post haha

But I definitely agree with the purpose of this thread!

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Just an FYI -- it might happen several times as I am still tweaking the function.

FYI, I got the message that I had to read this thread before I could participate...

But it would not load for me. Gave me "This thread could not be found"

I could still PM though (as @Andy Black found out haha)

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
As one of the few females on the forum, I have greatly appreciated the rule below. We haven't had too much of a problem because the mods/boss have done a great job with their monitoring, which has helped me stick around!

Douche.png

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As one of the few females on the forum, I have greatly appreciated the rule below. We haven't had too much of a problem because the mods have done a great job with their monitoring, which has helped me stick around!

View attachment 14820

ADDED!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
G

GuestUser091

Discuss religion or post political threads. While we graze political discussions occasionally, it's usually because they advocate SCRIPTED victimology, virtuous mediocrity, and anti-business themes.
As a recovering TV binging sociologist (victimologist), this is my favorite rule. Following politics and world events beyond the scope of pertinence to business is scripted victimology 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
May 27, 2013
United States

harcort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jun 5, 2017
Missouri
I learned a long time ago to stay away from a certain very famous Internet marketing forum. Nothing but bullshit artists and scammers. Definitely stay away from their infamous "Shit Offers!"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.