• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

IMPORTANT! Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read)

Discussion in 'Forum News, Updates, & FAQs' started by MJ DeMarco, May 11, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
Tags:
  1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $229,644
    Admin Post
    Welcome to the Fastlane Forum! As a new forum user, we'd like to acquaint you to the forum, its rules, and how to maximize your membership. REVIEWING THIS THREAD IS MANDATORY.

:bulb:#1: READ THE BOOK(S)
    First and most important, this forum and its philosophies are predicated on the two best-selling entrepreneur books, The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED. For a macro-level view, view our ABOUT page.

To download FREE chapters to see if these books can help your journey (and navigating this forum) visit here:

The Millionaire Fastlane (3 free chapters)
    UNSCRIPTED (5 free chapters)

While reading these books is NOT a requirement for forum participation, reading them will help you get the most out of your Fastlane experience. Think of it like visiting a foreign country -- if you know the host language, you'll get a better experience. And even better, if you're an aspiring entrepreneur, both books were written to change your life.

If you have read the books and would like your badge (forum flair, LOL) please post in the appropriate thread:

:check:I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane.
    :check:I've Read UNSCRIPTED.​

:bulb:#2: START YOUR JOURNEY AT THE GOLD and NOTABLE Threads
    A common question first asked at the forum is "Where do I start??"

Well, after you read the books, read the BEST THREADS of the forum, the GOLD and NOTABLE threads. Pick out the ones that align with your focus, or read them all.

:check:NOTABLE THREADS
    :check:GOLD THREADS
    :bulb:#3: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
    This is a close knit community free from the SCRIPTED gulag of cultural mediocrity. Please tell us your story. The more the better. A simple "Hello great to be here" (while nice) is generally ignored by the community. We want to hear where you've been, and where you're going.

:check:INTRODUCTIONS FORUM. (Then click, "New Thread.")

:bulb:#4: BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD...

Do a forum search function to make sure your topic hasn't already been discussed. More than likely, it already has. Here are some common questions that have been answered a GAZILLION times.

faq.png
    While the forum search function is adequate, usually the GOOGLE search box does a better job.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 6.51.55 PM.png

:bulb:#5: FILTER THE BEST CONTENT BY LIKES
    Some of our best threads are dozens of pages AND HUNDREDS of posts long. Unfortunately, the best material sometimes gets lost among the noise. The best way to percolate the best content to the top of any thread is to SORT BY LIKES. See picture:

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.52.28 AM.png
    :bulb:#6: DON'T GET BANNED
    If you're here to promote something, place a marketplace ad. Otherwise, you will be banned. Here are some behaviors that will result in your Fastlane experience being short-lived.
    1. Solicit for investors or partners.
    2. Post backlink spam in your profile without any introduction.
    3. Post a meetup for some nondescript meeting and some nondescript hotel with a nondescript purpose. (MLM ALERT!)
    4. Be a deceptive advocate -- take part in a discussion about a company/product/service as if you are an innocent bystander when in fact, you are employed or financially invested in the product/service.
    5. Be a troll -- this is a business forum that promotes PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and a GROWTH MINDSET. If you are a part of the SCRIPTED mediocrity and victim mob, you aren't going to last here. In other words, this is our "safe space" from the idiocy of safe spaces.
    6. Discuss religion or post political threads. While we graze political discussions occasionally, it's usually because they advocate SCRIPTED victimology, virtuous mediocrity, and anti-business themes.

:bulb:#7: FOLLOW YOUR FAVORITE USERS
    If any forum user peaks your interest, follow them by clicking their USERNAME and then clicking FOLLOW. Their posts will show in your newsfeed.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 7.13.23 PM.png
    :bulb:#8: KEEP THE LOCKERROOM "PUA" LANGUAGE AT HOME
    I'm sorry, but none of us want to hear how you are a master at "slaying chicks", "getting laid" and "pulling tail". Women entrepreneurs have some of the best insights. If we are to benefit from their opinions, refrain from posting immature locker room, beer-buddy guy talk— keep this stuff to your own private networks. Look at this forum as a CEO boardroom composed of half women, half men. Don't be a douche as none of us want to hear your gender worldviews.​

Gawit, zc21, JGC and 279 others like this.
  2. ChaseFade

ChaseFade Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $211
    First! Love this forum

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Arun Siva, WJK, dhaval and 8 others like this.
  3. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 Money Never Sleeps Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,843
    Beautiful :clap::

I really like the Most Liked option.

4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $229,644
    Admin Post
    And starting tomorrow (or a few days later), the thread will be FORCED on new users, otherwise they can't read or post.

Any suggestions on what I left out, feel free to let me know.

Jurica22, Wolfman, DeppyJ and 42 others like this.
  5. GameOver

GameOver World Domination Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $442
    I'm still newish, and I have been wondering how the various flare in some folks' profile is activated. Fastlane Insider I believe is from subscribing to the premium portions of this website. Not sure about the others. For example I've read Fastlane but I don't know how that gets activated. I'm not sure what Speedway Pass or Summit Attendee means. I looked over the website for this information but couldn't find it. So my thought was maybe a quick post about all that here in this thread?

6. Raymas

Raymas Raymus the Stingray Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $138
    Really like what you're doing here.

There's already lots of gold nuggets in this forum and the first basic requirement should be for them to go through them.

We can even make it that people read at least X amount of Gold threads before being allowed to post in forum other Introduction.

7. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 Money Never Sleeps Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,843
    Nope. I think that about covers it. :smile2:

Just force it on the seasoned users as well. ;)

Edit:
    I want to force this on people in my life!

8. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,718
    Hello Fastlane beginners, welcome to the forum. To add on to @MJ DeMarco's post, here's some basic info to learn.

[​IMG]
    This is what a profile looks like. A profile contains badges, likes, and rep bank. We'll explain in further detail what this all means.

Badges
    [​IMG]

:greenx: Staff Member: A user who moderates the forum.
    :greenx: Legendary Contributor: A forum member who gained 5,000 likes.
    :greenx: Fastlane Insider: A member who purchased a Fastlane insider subscription. Click HERE to join. Click HERE to access the Fastlane Insider private forum.
    :greenx: Read The Millionaire Fastlane: A member who read the book. Click HERE to get your badge!
    :greenx: Speedway Pass: A member who earned 40+ speed points to view this private forum. For more info, click HERE.
    :greenx: Summit Attendee: A forum member who attended the summit. More details HERE.

Profile (Part II)
    [​IMG]

:greenx: Start A Conversation: This is how you private message a forum member.

Note:

• Some forum members have this feature turned off. These forum members prefer their inbox not get flooded with questions about mentorship, advice, networking, etc.
    • General warning: Be cautious with anyone sending you links offering business opportunities, investments, or inviting you to pay money for a service.
    :greenx: Rep Bank: This is your Fastlane bank. The Rep Bank represents your credibility. The more likes you get, the more your bank grows. To build your bank, contribute to the forum.
    (Note: Rep bank currency is not real money.)

Rep Bank (Part II)
    [​IMG]

:greenx: Rep Transfer: Click [​IMG] to send reps to a forum member you think has awesome content.
    :greenx: Likes: You get $5 reps every time a forum member likes your post.

In summary, this post provides answers to common questions about the several features on this forum. Enjoy your stay!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  9. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,718
    Check out my post:

GameOver likes this.
  10. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15

so your idea is creating a bootcamp for newbie : "read this, do that"

in order to be sure that they are in the right place because your fastlane philosophy is unique among the business world ( at least your are the first guy showing people this concept )

new users should do special actions for a fews days , "read that topic. follow this guy "

then they graduate : " new user approved "

ironman150 and mtak.doc like this.
  11. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $18,124
    Probably a general warning to newbies to be wary of anyone sending them PM's offering business opportunities, investments, or anything asking them to part with their money.

This forum is awesome, but this is still the internet, and there can be some unscrupulous characters around.

12. cmor16

cmor16 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,957
    I find the bookmark feature very useful, especially for the mega threads. It basically acts as a personal "Featured post" function where you can organize, add notes, tag and quickly find your favourite posts.

ironman150 and Argue like this.
  13. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,084
    @Argue

I'd edit your post (which was awesome) to expand on a few things:

- Legendary status relates to "likes". I think right now it's set at 5,000 likes = legendary status.
    - The insider subscription gives you access to a private section
    - Some of the more popular members have turned off "start a conversation" as it's too distracting to be constantly inundated with requests for networking/mentorship/questions/advice/etc...
    - You get rep when someone likes your posts. You can also get it when someone clicks the "rep transfer" button and transfers their rep from their rep bank into your own. Often as thanks for posting awesome content. While it's generally a quick way to tell who gets lots of love for their posts, because it can be given away it's also not necessarily a reliable indicator (look at @Yoda who can't give away his rep fast enough because he's awesome like that).

14. Argue

Rep Bank:
    $7,718
    Hey @JAJT, thank you for the feedback. When I first wrote this, I knew it'd be incomplete but my hope was someone would help contribute and add on. You're the man! Definitely going to make changes soon.

@MidwestLandlord you are correct. Going to fit this bit of info in the next edit. Thank you!

@cmor16 I agree 100%. I'll include the book mark features too! :)

Edit: Thanking @MJ DeMarco for the reps! ^^

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  15. lowtek

lowtek Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,934
    I see the enforcement is in effect :)

Scot likes this.
  16. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $229,644
    Admin Post
    Just an FYI -- it might happen several times as I am still tweaking the function.

Nicoknowsbest, Roli, ZF Lee and 3 others like this.
  17. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $25,692
    Things strict too! Wouldn't even let me click "like" on a post haha

But I definitely agree with the purpose of this thread!

18. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $18,124
    FYI, I got the message that I had to read this thread before I could participate...

But it would not load for me. Gave me "This thread could not be found"

I could still PM though (as @Andy Black found out haha)

Nicoknowsbest, Andy Black and Argue like this.
  19. Bellini

Bellini Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,546
    As one of the few females on the forum, I have greatly appreciated the rule below. We haven't had too much of a problem because the mods/boss have done a great job with their monitoring, which has helped me stick around!

Douche.png

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    ThirtyOne, Marco L, sulu63 and 21 others like this.
  20. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $229,644
    Admin Post
    ADDED!

livinright, RedRapunzel and Bellini like this.
  21. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $126,497
    TRE.MEN.DOUS

Love it.

Maybe worth linking to this thread in the OP?

22. Michael1359

Michael1359 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $146
    Excellent! I can't see anything else to add. It's great having the rules, threads, and "what this forum is all about " in one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argue and Andy Black like this.
  23. GuestUser091

GuestUser091 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    As a recovering TV binging sociologist (victimologist), this is my favorite rule. Following politics and world events beyond the scope of pertinence to business is scripted victimology 100%.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  24. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $42,013
    So THAT'S how you get one of those "I read the book" badges...

Guess I missed that 4 years ago.

Nicoknowsbest and Argue like this.
  25. madmoney

madmoney New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $58
    How about changing your screen name if you don't like the current?

alice131 and Nikkiahmet like this.