The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

IMPORTANT! Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome to the Fastlane Forum! As a new forum user, we'd like to acquaint you to the forum, its rules, and how to maximize your membership. REVIEWING THIS THREAD IS MANDATORY.

:bulb:#1: READ THE BOOK(S)
First and most important, this forum and its philosophies are predicated on the two best-selling entrepreneur books, The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED. For a macro-level view, view our ABOUT page.

To download FREE chapters to see if these books can help your journey (and navigating this forum) visit here:

The Millionaire Fastlane (3 free chapters)
UNSCRIPTED (5 free chapters)

While reading these books is NOT a requirement for forum participation, reading them will help you get the most out of your Fastlane experience. Think of it like visiting a foreign country -- if you know the host language, you'll get a better experience. And even better, if you're an aspiring entrepreneur, both books were written to change your life.

If you have read the books and would like your badge (forum flair, LOL) please post in the appropriate thread:

:check:I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane.
:check:I've Read UNSCRIPTED.​

:bulb:#2: START YOUR JOURNEY AT THE GOLD and NOTABLE Threads
A common question first asked at the forum is "Where do I start??"

Well, after you read the books, read the BEST THREADS of the forum, the GOLD and NOTABLE threads. Pick out the ones that align with your focus, or read them all.

:check:NOTABLE THREADS
:check:GOLD THREADS
:bulb:#3: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
This is a close knit community free from the SCRIPTED gulag of cultural mediocrity. Please tell us your story. The more the better. A simple "Hello great to be here" (while nice) is generally ignored by the community. We want to hear where you've been, and where you're going.

:check:INTRODUCTIONS FORUM. (Then click, "New Thread.")

:bulb:#4: NO GURU BS PLEASE!

Are you here because you're interested in using the forum to build your list, hot prospect, and enlargen your sales funnel? Word of caution: THIS BEHAVIOR does not work here and you will be CALLED-OUT on it, or worse, exposed as a charlatan. If your participation at the forum is conditional upon you selling, backlinking, or hot-prospecting the forum users, it WILL NOT END well.

:bulb:#5: BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD...

Do a forum search function to make sure your topic hasn't already been discussed. More than likely, it already has. Here are some common questions that have been answered a GAZILLION times.

faq.png
While the forum search function is adequate, usually the GOOGLE search box does a better job.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 6.51.55 PM.png

Also please be aware: Content created at the forum cannot be deleted unless there are legal or privacy concerns. The reason for this policy is to ensure that our user's time is not wasted or stolen. For more information on this, please visit here. Threads can be edited for up to 10 days, while INSIDERS can unlimitedly edit threads.

:bulb:#6: FILTER THE BEST CONTENT BY LIKES
Some of our best threads are dozens of pages AND HUNDREDS of posts long. Unfortunately, the best material sometimes gets lost among the noise. The best way to percolate the best content to the top of any thread is to SORT BY LIKES. See picture:

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.52.28 AM.png
:bulb:#7: NO BACKLINKING/SELF-PROMOTION OR GET BANNED
If you're here to promote something, place a marketplace ad. Otherwise, you will be banned. Here are some behaviors that will result in your Fastlane experience being short-lived.
  1. Solicit for investors or partners.
  2. Post backlink spam in your profile without any introduction.
  3. Post a meetup for some nondescript meeting and some nondescript hotel with a nondescript purpose. (MLM ALERT!)
  4. Be a deceptive advocate -- take part in a discussion about a company/product/service as if you are an innocent bystander when in fact, you are employed or financially invested in the product/service.
  5. Peacock as a guru.
  6. Be a troll -- this is a business forum that promotes PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and a GROWTH MINDSET. If you are a part of the SCRIPTED mediocrity and victim mob, you aren't going to last here. In other words, this is our "safe space" from the idiocy of safe spaces.
  7. Discuss religion or post political threads. While we graze political discussions occasionally, it's usually because they advocate SCRIPTED victimology, virtuous mediocrity, and anti-business themes.
:bulb:#8: FOLLOW YOUR FAVORITE USERS
If any forum user peaks your interest, follow them by clicking their USERNAME and then clicking FOLLOW. Their posts will show in your newsfeed.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 7.13.23 PM.png
:bulb:#9: KEEP THE LOCKERROOM "PUA" LANGUAGE AT HOME
I'm sorry, but none of us want to hear how you are a master at "slaying chicks", "getting laid" and "pulling tail". Women entrepreneurs have some of the best insights. If we are to benefit from their opinions, refrain from posting immature locker room, beer-buddy guy talk— keep this stuff to your own private networks. Look at this forum as a CEO boardroom composed of half women, half men. Don't be a douche as none of us want to hear your gender worldviews.​

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

• Admin
OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
And starting tomorrow (or a few days later), the thread will be FORCED on new users, otherwise they can't read or post.

Any suggestions on what I left out, feel free to let me know.

GameOver

World Domination
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 11, 2017
USA
I'm still newish, and I have been wondering how the various flare in some folks' profile is activated. Fastlane Insider I believe is from subscribing to the premium portions of this website. Not sure about the others. For example I've read Fastlane but I don't know how that gets activated. I'm not sure what Speedway Pass or Summit Attendee means. I looked over the website for this information but couldn't find it. So my thought was maybe a quick post about all that here in this thread?

Raymas

Raymus the Stingray
Jan 2, 2017
Singapore
And starting tomorrow (or a few days later), the thread will be FORCED on new users, otherwise they can't read or post.

Really like what you're doing here.

There's already lots of gold nuggets in this forum and the first basic requirement should be for them to go through them.

We can even make it that people read at least X amount of Gold threads before being allowed to post in forum other Introduction.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Nope. I think that about covers it. :smile2:

Just force it on the seasoned users as well. ;)

Edit:
I want to force this on people in my life!

Argue

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Hello Fastlane beginners, welcome to the forum. To add on to @MJ DeMarco's post, here's some basic info to learn.

This is what a profile looks like. A profile contains badges, likes, and rep bank. We'll explain in further detail what this all means.

Badges

:greenx: Staff Member: A user who moderates the forum.
:greenx: Legendary Contributor: A forum member who gained 5,000 likes.
:greenx: Fastlane Insider: A member who purchased a Fastlane insider subscription. Click HERE to join. Click HERE to access the Fastlane Insider private forum.
:greenx: Read The Millionaire Fastlane: A member who read the book. Click HERE to get your badge!
:greenx: Speedway Pass: A member who earned 40+ speed points to view this private forum. For more info, click HERE.
:greenx: Summit Attendee: A forum member who attended the summit. More details HERE.

Profile (Part II)

:greenx: Start A Conversation: This is how you private message a forum member.

Note:

• Some forum members have this feature turned off. These forum members prefer their inbox not get flooded with questions about mentorship, advice, networking, etc.
  • General warning: Be cautious with anyone sending you links offering business opportunities, investments, or inviting you to pay money for a service.
:greenx: Rep Bank: This is your Fastlane bank. The Rep Bank represents your credibility. The more likes you get, the more your bank grows. To build your bank, contribute to the forum.
(Note: Rep bank currency is not real money.)

Rep Bank (Part II)

:greenx: Rep Transfer: Click to send reps to a forum member you think has awesome content.
:greenx: Likes: You get $5 reps every time a forum member likes your post.

In summary, this post provides answers to common questions about the several features on this forum. Enjoy your stay!

Last edited:

Argue

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I'm still newish, and I have been wondering how the various flare in some folks' profile is activated. Fastlane Insider I believe is from subscribing to the premium portions of this website. Not sure about the others. For example I've read Fastlane but I don't know how that gets activated. I'm not sure what Speedway Pass or Summit Attendee means. I looked over the website for this information but couldn't find it. So my thought was maybe a quick post about all that here in this thread?
Check out my post:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

so your idea is creating a bootcamp for newbie : "read this, do that"

in order to be sure that they are in the right place because your fastlane philosophy is unique among the business world ( at least your are the first guy showing people this concept )

new users should do special actions for a fews days , "read that topic. follow this guy "

then they graduate : " new user approved "

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 6, 2016
Probably a general warning to newbies to be wary of anyone sending them PM's offering business opportunities, investments, or anything asking them to part with their money.

This forum is awesome, but this is still the internet, and there can be some unscrupulous characters around.

cmor16

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
In summary, this post provides answers to common questions about the several features on this forum. Enjoy your stay!
I find the bookmark feature very useful, especially for the mega threads. It basically acts as a personal "Featured post" function where you can organize, add notes, tag and quickly find your favourite posts.

JAJT

Ha Ha! Business
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
@Argue

I'd edit your post (which was awesome) to expand on a few things:

- Legendary status relates to "likes". I think right now it's set at 5,000 likes = legendary status.
- The insider subscription gives you access to a private section
- Some of the more popular members have turned off "start a conversation" as it's too distracting to be constantly inundated with requests for networking/mentorship/questions/advice/etc...
- You get rep when someone likes your posts. You can also get it when someone clicks the "rep transfer" button and transfers their rep from their rep bank into your own. Often as thanks for posting awesome content. While it's generally a quick way to tell who gets lots of love for their posts, because it can be given away it's also not necessarily a reliable indicator (look at @Yoda who can't give away his rep fast enough because he's awesome like that).

Argue

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
@Argue

I'd edit your post (which was awesome) to expand on a few things:

- Legendary status relates to "likes". I think right now it's set at 5,000 likes = legendary status.
- The insider subscription gives you access to a private section
- Some of the more popular members have turned off "start a conversation" as it's too distracting to be constantly inundated with requests for networking/mentorship/questions/advice/etc...
- You get rep when someone likes your posts. You can also get it when someone clicks the "rep transfer" button and transfers their rep from their rep bank into your own. Often as thanks for posting awesome content. While it's generally a quick way to tell who gets lots of love for their posts, because it can be given away it's also not necessarily a reliable indicator (look at @Yoda who can't give away his rep fast enough because he's awesome like that).
Hey @JAJT, thank you for the feedback. When I first wrote this, I knew it'd be incomplete but my hope was someone would help contribute and add on. You're the man! Definitely going to make changes soon.

@MidwestLandlord you are correct. Going to fit this bit of info in the next edit. Thank you!

@cmor16 I agree 100%. I'll include the book mark features too! :)

Edit: Thanking @MJ DeMarco for the reps! ^^

Last edited:
OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I see the enforcement is in effect :)
Just an FYI -- it might happen several times as I am still tweaking the function.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Things strict too! Wouldn't even let me click "like" on a post haha

But I definitely agree with the purpose of this thread!

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 6, 2016
Just an FYI -- it might happen several times as I am still tweaking the function.
FYI, I got the message that I had to read this thread before I could participate...

But it would not load for me. Gave me "This thread could not be found"

I could still PM though (as @Andy Black found out haha)

Bellini

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
As one of the few females on the forum, I have greatly appreciated the rule below. We haven't had too much of a problem because the mods/boss have done a great job with their monitoring, which has helped me stick around!

Douche.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
As one of the few females on the forum, I have greatly appreciated the rule below. We haven't had too much of a problem because the mods have done a great job with their monitoring, which has helped me stick around!

View attachment 14820
ADDED!

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

TRE.MEN.DOUS

Love it.

Maybe worth linking to this thread in the OP?

G

GuestUser091

Discuss religion or post political threads. While we graze political discussions occasionally, it's usually because they advocate SCRIPTED victimology, virtuous mediocrity, and anti-business themes.
As a recovering TV binging sociologist (victimologist), this is my favorite rule. Following politics and world events beyond the scope of pertinence to business is scripted victimology 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States

harcort

New Contributor
Jun 5, 2017
Missouri
I learned a long time ago to stay away from a certain very famous Internet marketing forum. Nothing but bullshit artists and scammers. Definitely stay away from their infamous "Shit Offers!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock