The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Myself, Nor the Forum Is Responsible... (Required Reading)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Bump.

This includes the content, advice, and posts from anyone on this forum. You read here at your own risk, you act on your own accord. There's nothing on this forum that should be considered legal advice, and no specific posts are endorsed or condoned as valid by the forum owner or related companies, regardless of "likes" or affirming statements given by the forum owner, moderators, or anyone else on this forum. Any message posted on the Forum expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect our views or the views of any other person on the Forum. We accept no liability for any material submitted by users to the Forum and we are not responsible for its content or accuracy. You, the user, agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your messages, videos, sound-bites and stills and that you will not hold us responsible for any claim based upon the appearance and/or transmission of your submission. Any message posted on the Forum expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect our views or the views of any other person on the Forum. Any failure to remove particular material from the Forum does not constitute an endorsement or acceptance of it by the forum owner or related companies.

Bits and pieces of this added disclaimer were copied from best practices from other forums, although not the block above in it's entirety. Consider this an addition to the terms of service, and if you post here you agree to the above. If you don't agree, show yourself to the forum exit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It is unfortunate that this thread needs to be bumped again. This is a reminder to be careful what you post, who you are dealing with, and what you share.

If you are a newbie or a creeper here, the things that are posted for everyone here are EXAMPLES of process, and not samples of a dinner before you decide to steal the cook's recipe. We kiddingly say there is honor amongst thieves here. In fact, we have distain for thieves and put integrity high on the benchmark of whose company we keep.

If you ask someone for help around here, you better make damn sure it is with pure intentions to undergird your own ideas, your own process, and your own work.

The fact that the ownership and companies that built this forum are neutral does not mean that the owners of the individual intellectual property that post here are. In fact, I would and have encouraged members to be protective and litigious about their owned intellectual property. Don't think that because you have a screen name here that you are anonymous. If you post on the internet, you are not anonymous and are not immune from an individual protecting his or her work product.

The forum ownership and management is neutral. Individual posters --- are not. Help us protect the integrity of this forum. The bottom line is if you are here to learn, take off your coat and stay a while. If you are here to contribute, you are the lifeblood of the Fastlane forum.

There's a difference between learning best practices, and blatantly copying someone's work and intellectual property. If you don't know the difference, ask. Many are here to support your learning and entrepreneurial education. However, members here have zero tolerance for theft of any kind. We have even been known to protect non-forum members work product when people looking for the "easy" way copy someone else's work, member or not.

If you respond to this post with "well, that's life and that's business" you are missing the point and/or are not understanding the culture that allows people to share ideas freely here. We need contributors to not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and help people. Help us undergird and support people who are here to give back what they have learned, what they have built, and what they are willing to share.

I can tell you that I am pretty sick of some of the stories I have heard of people looking for the easy way. There is no easy way. There is no magic beans. If you don't have what it takes to become an entrepreneur without it coming at the expense of people who try to help you along the way, than I for one hope you show yourself to the door before we show you there.

Sorry for the negativity, but having just seen a repeat of a cycle around here again, this OP needed to be reshared as a reminder for all.

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Story Time.

You want to start a fast food chain selling burritos, but don't know how.

So the owner of a McDonald's sees your trouble and graciously says "come see how I do it, to give you ideas".

A month later the McDonald's owner visits you at your new chain restaurant and upon entering becomes enraged.

Instead of burgers you have burritos, yes, but the store looks identical. The layout is identical. The prices are identical. The bathroom is identical. The menu is identical. The staff greet you the same and the coupons you mail out are the same. You even kept the same colors and uniforms.

Everything is identical, except you sell burritos and slapped your own name on it.

Then you say "I don't see what's the problem, I'm not selling burgers and I'm not using your name - what's the issue?".

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You left out one part. Then the owner of McDonalds files a cease and desist before suing you for infringement and theft of intellectual property.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
You left out one part. Then the owner of McDonalds files a cease and desist before suing you for infringement and theft of intellectual property.

The owner of the McDonald's franchise will report the case to head office.
Head office has lawyers that will classify it as intellectual theft.
They will come with a cease and desist order and will sue you at the same time.

Now you have a fight not with your friend who owns the McDonald's franchise but with a multi billion dollar corporation.
You can't outspend them on legal advice.

Blueskies4me

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 9, 2014
Noblesville, Indiana
I think I'm going to really enjoy this forum. Thanks MJ for allocating your time for this kind of community. Not sure I'd have the patience for it but there are definitely good things happening here. I'm impressed.

G

GuestUser113

Man suing mcdonald's for 1.5 million b/c he received only one napkin. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-sues-mcdonald-napkin-article-1.1708068 It's because the incident, Lucas claims, caused him "undue mental anguish."

You might want to add "undue mental anguish" to your terms of service. Someone reads tmf , joins the forum. Realizes he can't cut the mustard. Sues because if you hadn't written that damn book. He/she wouldn't be feeling "undue mental anguish".

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Considering the INE forum I thought I'd bump this.

I had this same thought. I think some people think the INSIDERS's forum follows a different set of rules, but it would be a pretty cheap bargain to steal other people's ideas. I think the INE forum is a good idea, but people should still be careful.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Good morning Venessa. What are you going to spam us with? Might as well get it out of the way so I can drop the ban hammer.

G

GuestUser113

Good morning Vanessa. What are you going to spam us with?

gallery_286.jpg

She has about 600k candies.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Man suing mcdonald's for 1.5 million b/c he received only one napkin. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-sues-mcdonald-napkin-article-1.1708068 It's because the incident, Lucas claims, caused him "undue mental anguish."

You might want to add "undue mental anguish" to your terms of service. Someone reads tmf , joins the forum. Realizes he can't cut the mustard. Sues because if you hadn't written that damn book. He/she wouldn't be feeling "undue mental anguish".

This had me laughing uncontrollably. thanks for the gift of laughter.

this reminds me that some people really are idiots. i sometimes find it difficult to believe that people could be so retarded. oh people...

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I Am Not Responsible for Your Actions on This Forum, or The Actions Of Any Other Participants.

If you engage in any kind of business activity via either indirect (Phone/Email/Skype) or direct (PMs/Threads/Messages) participation of this forum, you are responsible for your actions, not me or my company. If you engage in a partnership, mentorship, agreement, etc. with ANYONE, you are responsible and liable for any and all actions to that effort.

TFF, MJ DeMarco or Viperion Corporation makes no warranty of any person, any person's financial status, any investment, or any strategy other than to provide a medium to communicate. PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DO YOU OWN DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE ENGAGING IN ANY PARTNERSHIP, STRATEGY, BUSINESS, JOINT VENTURE, RELATIONSHIP, EVENT -- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE. If you receive emails, private messages, or other solicitations by way of this forum, they are not the responsibility of this forum, myself, or my company. If you feel any solicitations are of illegal nature, please report it to me via email at mj - at -thefastlaneforum.com

If you do not agree nor accept these terms, please leave the forum as you are ineligible to participate here.

Additionally, you should immediately read the forum Terms of Service as your agreement to them is required for continued use and access to this site.

Regards,
MJ @ Fastlane
bump for the original content.

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Good and timely bump.

Do your due diligence folks. Don't be swayed by hype and excitement. Be guarded when receiving unsolicited PM's from people looking for partners, investments, etc.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Another bump. There's a lot of "behind the scenes" deals going on. Sales, supposed "mentorships", partnerships, Skyping, etc.

Just because someone claims "X" doesn't mean X is true... could just be "Y" casting a shadow of X.

Be responsible. Research. Examine. Question. Don't take someone's word for it just because they say so. Due diligence is a cornerstone of being a Fastlaner and not everyone here shares a value driven focus...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It has become necessary yet again to remind people here that your personal security and non-– sanctioned business interests and connections that you may meet here or elsewhere on the Internet have nothing to do with, nor do they create any liability for the company that owns this forum. You are here at your own risk, and if it anytime you feel that risk is disadvantageous to you… Leave. And as a very gentle reminder to everybody here… If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The best/only person to look out for you… Is you.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just to put some hypothetical scenarios on this...

If someone anonymous from the forum sends you a private message asking you to invest in "some great program" or "some great stock" and you give them money, and you eventually lose it/get scammed, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

If someone well respected from the forum sends you a private message asking you to invest in "some great program" or "some great stock" and you give them money, and eventually you lose it/get scammed, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

If someone anonymous or well respected from the forum sends you a private message you and invites you to be mentored in his program for one easy payment of $3,000 and you give him money, and eventually you lose it/get scammed/learn nothing, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

If someone anonymous or well respected from the forum sends you a private message you and invites you to download this file so you can "give me your opinion" and it has a virus, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

The bottomline, you should treat your inbox here as you would your Yahoo inbox. Do you download files from anonymous strangers? Do you give money to anonymous strangers?

For the love of God, be an adult, not a child.

And as the original message of this says, if you have EVIDENCE of something nefarious going on behind the scenes here at the forum, please let us know. Sorry but speculation, guesses, and implausible coincidences is NOT evidence. Everyone here should know, if SOMEONE is doing something ILLEGAL/UNETHICAL/SCAMMY/ETC. I HAVE NO HESITATION IN REMOVING THEM-- REGARDLESS OF THEIR INFLUENCE, REGARDLESS OF THEIR REP CASH, OR REGARDLESS OF THEIR REPUTATION HERE.

I give zero F*cks. If you are up to no good, you will be removed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.