The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you grow old at the age of 27 < My short story and reborn

czeszejko.jakub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
May 23, 2020
Norway
Hi everyone. My name is Jakub, I come from Poland and I live in Norway. Since you are encouraging to present your story, let me take advantage of this moment and shed the burden of the past, as the first step on my Fast Lane map of course :)

Let me divide my story into stages:
  1. Stage 1: My life began when I was 16 years old, I was a fat kid, passionately playing computer games and dreaming of an IT career (I probably meant more playing games). One day I felt that the virtual world gives no sense of freedom. I was so hungry for a sense of freedom, to meet my need to go out, that I started cycling. It turned out that I was quite an ambitious boy, I bought a few books like "Bible of mountain biking" and started my training and education, which was supposed to make my dreams come true through passion. Unfortunately, life quickly verified my potential, I suffered a lot of injuries caused by a lack of physical preparation and eventually I had to forget about the athlete's career.
  2. Stage 2: Limited in the world of sport, I wanted to take the chains off and feel free again. I decided that I would take care of my rehabilitation, reduce the intensity of training and increase the volume, i.e. I would travel by bike! Then at the age of about 19 I saved money on bicycle panniers and set off on a monthly bike ride from Poland to the Black Sea in Romania and back. I was free as a bird for the first time in my life. After covering about 5000 kilometers on my own, I immediately began to dream about the next trip. But then the end of high school was approaching and I had to choose the further path of my education. Work and study.
  3. Stage 3: First job and field of study selected with the help of my father. Less than a year has passed and I felt a lack of passion, fetters of lack of freedom. I quit my current field of study and work, changed my place of residence and chose a field that interested me in "Physiotherapy". As an inept athlete, I had a lot of knowledge in this area and felt strong. My father's dissatisfaction was a terrible experience, but for freedom I was able to do anything.
  4. Stage 4: In college I met the love of my life, my current wife and the other half. Studies were a passion for me, but also a nightmare, then I met the resistance to my ambitions from less ambitious colleagues and the education system. I hated people subordinated to systems. Fortunately, I finished my studies with good grades, in the meantime I had wonderful moments with my wife and my foster daughter. After graduation, I was shocked at how slave the prospect of working in my profession in my country is. It seemed to me mistakenly that without proper capital I would never be able to afford my own rehabilitation room. I felt a prisoner of a weak system.
  5. Stage 5: I've been taught my whole life that Slow Lane is the only safe way to freedom. I could not imagine being a slave to the Polish system. My wife and I collected some money by working hard and went to Norway, to a richer country, with a more developed culture, hoping for a lighter slave life. Norway turned out to be a great place, full of cheerful and not evaluating people. I started working as a masseur / therapist in a private health clinic, I was enchanted by my work and the fast pace at which I began to develop. Dozens of grateful patients, more and more skills that resulted from week to week. In the meantime my son was born. I even learned to speak Norwegian well in just 2 years of work, for which I have been praising so far. And then my nightmare began in small steps.
  6. Stage 6: After 1.5 years of work as a therapist, I wanted to develop further, but without Slow Lane, I wanted to take control of my business. Over the past year I have suffered from severe migraine with aura (cosmic headaches, depression, vomiting, fainting). I thought that migraine is caused by post-accident complications (head trauma) and stress I experienced bringing my family abroad. Then I began to think intensively about changes, I made my training plans, Slow Lane's career plans also appeared, I tried to push the clinic's management board for better marketing (their business plan is the slowest version of Slow Lane). All my actions led me to more and more depression and migraines. Only my wonderful children and wife meant that I had the strength not to give up. And then the coronavirus pandemic began, I temporarily lost my right to practice and my debts began to grow. I realized that I have no control over my life because I'm just a pawn in some not very polished game. At this point, I began to think intensively again about the revolution and on the road to freedom. I decided to invest in an e-book reader and stimulate my brain with motivational literature to get out of depression and find the right path. Fortunately, as the first book I chose "The Millionaire Fastlane " and after just a few chapters of the book, I felt that my life was making sense. Before I finished reading the book, I realized my wife's little dream and created her website for running a blog, thus learning online business tools. Since I read the book, I have almost no headache and I feel so much vital energy that I am again a better father, husband and myself. I feel that Fast Lane has opened my eyes, that freedom is at hand, you just need to get out of it and that's my first step, forum account :)
My small summary: At the age of 27 I felt old at 60, after reading the Fast Lane Millionaire, I feel young and ready for the adventure of a lifetime :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hi everyone. My name is Jakub, I come from Poland and I live in Norway. Since you are encouraging to present your story, let me take advantage of this moment and shed the burden of the past, as the first step on my Fast Lane map of course :)

Let me divide my story into stages:
  1. Stage 1: My life began when I was 16 years old, I was a fat kid, passionately playing computer games and dreaming of an IT career (I probably meant more playing games). One day I felt that the virtual world gives no sense of freedom. I was so hungry for a sense of freedom, to meet my need to go out, that I started cycling. It turned out that I was quite an ambitious boy, I bought a few books like "Bible of mountain biking" and started my training and education, which was supposed to make my dreams come true through passion. Unfortunately, life quickly verified my potential, I suffered a lot of injuries caused by a lack of physical preparation and eventually I had to forget about the athlete's career.
  2. Stage 2: Limited in the world of sport, I wanted to take the chains off and feel free again. I decided that I would take care of my rehabilitation, reduce the intensity of training and increase the volume, i.e. I would travel by bike! Then at the age of about 19 I saved money on bicycle panniers and set off on a monthly bike ride from Poland to the Black Sea in Romania and back. I was free as a bird for the first time in my life. After covering about 5000 kilometers on my own, I immediately began to dream about the next trip. But then the end of high school was approaching and I had to choose the further path of my education. Work and study.
  3. Stage 3: First job and field of study selected with the help of my father. Less than a year has passed and I felt a lack of passion, fetters of lack of freedom. I quit my current field of study and work, changed my place of residence and chose a field that interested me in "Physiotherapy". As an inept athlete, I had a lot of knowledge in this area and felt strong. My father's dissatisfaction was a terrible experience, but for freedom I was able to do anything.
  4. Stage 4: In college I met the love of my life, my current wife and the other half. Studies were a passion for me, but also a nightmare, then I met the resistance to my ambitions from less ambitious colleagues and the education system. I hated people subordinated to systems. Fortunately, I finished my studies with good grades, in the meantime I had wonderful moments with my wife and my foster daughter. After graduation, I was shocked at how slave the prospect of working in my profession in my country is. It seemed to me mistakenly that without proper capital I would never be able to afford my own rehabilitation room. I felt a prisoner of a weak system.
  5. Stage 5: I've been taught my whole life that Slow Lane is the only safe way to freedom. I could not imagine being a slave to the Polish system. My wife and I collected some money by working hard and went to Norway, to a richer country, with a more developed culture, hoping for a lighter slave life. Norway turned out to be a great place, full of cheerful and not evaluating people. I started working as a masseur / therapist in a private health clinic, I was enchanted by my work and the fast pace at which I began to develop. Dozens of grateful patients, more and more skills that resulted from week to week. In the meantime my son was born. I even learned to speak Norwegian well in just 2 years of work, for which I have been praising so far. And then my nightmare began in small steps.
  6. Stage 6: After 1.5 years of work as a therapist, I wanted to develop further, but without Slow Lane, I wanted to take control of my business. Over the past year I have suffered from severe migraine with aura (cosmic headaches, depression, vomiting, fainting). I thought that migraine is caused by post-accident complications (head trauma) and stress I experienced bringing my family abroad. Then I began to think intensively about changes, I made my training plans, Slow Lane's career plans also appeared, I tried to push the clinic's management board for better marketing (their business plan is the slowest version of Slow Lane). All my actions led me to more and more depression and migraines. Only my wonderful children and wife meant that I had the strength not to give up. And then the coronavirus pandemic began, I temporarily lost my right to practice and my debts began to grow. I realized that I have no control over my life because I'm just a pawn in some not very polished game. At this point, I began to think intensively again about the revolution and on the road to freedom. I decided to invest in an e-book reader and stimulate my brain with motivational literature to get out of depression and find the right path. Fortunately, as the first book I chose "The Millionaire Fastlane " and after just a few chapters of the book, I felt that my life was making sense. Before I finished reading the book, I realized my wife's little dream and created her website for running a blog, thus learning online business tools. Since I read the book, I have almost no headache and I feel so much vital energy that I am again a better father, husband and myself. I feel that Fast Lane has opened my eyes, that freedom is at hand, you just need to get out of it and that's my first step, forum account :)
My small summary: At the age of 27 I felt old at 60, after reading the Fast Lane Millionaire, I feel young and ready for the adventure of a lifetime :)
Welcome!
Thanks for sharing your tale.
You've come a long way, even longer than some of us here.
Thank goodness for your wife and kids. You have great, loving people in your life that I sometimes yearn I could have.

After reading TFLF, any plans forward? Intend to continue your therapist practice, albeit in a different approach?

czeszejko.jakub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
May 23, 2020
Norway
Welcome!
Thanks for sharing your tale.
You've come a long way, even longer than some of us here.
Thank goodness for your wife and kids. You have great, loving people in your life that I sometimes yearn I could have.

After reading TFLF, any plans forward? Intend to continue your therapist practice, albeit in a different approach?

I'm still at the beginning, but i'm really fascinated to learn Web Design. My current position is : "How to start? What to learn? What to read?" I would like to create my road following very good plan and this is what i'm trying to do now, make choices and build my own mape. My therapist practice seems to be my hobby now, just like fishing or mountain trips. I'm still working as a therapist, but only 20 hours week and i really want to quit this as soon as possible, it makes me depressive for many reasons.

I feel just lack of knowledge or experience to make my start real. I've already applied to Fox Web School, we will see .

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I'm still at the beginning, but i'm really fascinated to learn Web Design. My current position is : "How to start? What to learn? What to read?" I would like to create my road following very good plan and this is what i'm trying to do now, make choices and build my own mape. My therapist practice seems to be my hobby now, just like fishing or mountain trips. I'm still working as a therapist, but only 20 hours week and i really want to quit this as soon as possible, it makes me depressive for many reasons.

I feel just lack of knowledge or experience to make my start real. I've already applied to Fox Web School, we will see .
Mastering a new language in two years. That’s a great achievement!

Good luck. Hope you find an interesting market need in Norway and work on it soon!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Do you have your own practice now? How big?

When no, why nt?

A friend of mine started one someday.

czeszejko.jakub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
May 23, 2020
Norway
Do you have your own practice now? How big?

When no, why nt?

A friend of mine started one someday.
I'm working as a part of private clinic, but not mine. I have rental contract with joint marketing agreement. The clinic has about 8 therapists in two places, everybody self-employed + manager and receptionist. There is few more similar clinics in the city (350.000 population), all of them has economical problems because of coronavirus. From my point of view it seems to be very difficult Slow Lane with a high level of risk being unemployed, it concerns also owners of the clinic. In this field, you have to manage people, lazy individualists who want to help the other people. Most of therapists i know, they are ignorant, i'v tried to cooperate with many people both technically and in marketing, everyone are too emotional about changes and effort investing to just get more customers. Probably for someone who is insensitive to headache, there is a lot opportunities to build something better that will take over the market. Here in Norway, most average people use insurance companies, which in turn control the market and try to get them paid for brokering the services of each clinic. It is a rich country, so most employees get high-quality health insurance.

Anyway, my dream forever is to live far away from big cities and work from home.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...