- Joined
- Sep 13, 2022
- Messages
- 4
Rep Bank
$165
$165
User Power: 400%
Hello @MJ DeMarco and Everyone else,
My name is Samantha but please call me Royal. I am 27 years old and I am from Miami, FL. I am a Computer Science major. A few years ago, I started college but quickly realized the sham in it by the end of my first year. My thoughts about college were not enough to make me deter from that path because all of my mentors were either sidewalkers or slowlaners. Aside from acquiring those mentors with limited knowledge, a few years prior to that, I was a senseless young adult. I was working at a fast food restaurant paying for low income housing, on government food assistance and still not being able to pay for the cable or phone bills. I was 19 years old at the time.
Growing up as a child, we lived in a two bedroom apartment with 8 people occupying this of what we called our home. My grandparents came from Cuba to the US about 60 to 70 years ago and got married. They birthed two children, of which one was my mother and the other my uncle. In that same apartment, they were raised and so were we. They have always struggled as great parents and great grandparents. Fast forward, we were born and my mother went on to become an LPN (License Practicle Nurse). Growing up I watched her struggle and accumulate debt. As I watched her, I told myself " I will never be like that." My father was a full-time alcoholic and I also said the same things. Only I did end up becoming a sidewalker during these times. I've always had desires, passions and love. When I turned 21, I was in college but I always said and believed that I will be an entrepreneur but just didn't know how.
I originally majored in Nursing but it was not my passion so I quickly gave that up. After my two years of college I majored in Computer Science where I knew I can create. Ultimately, going to college was not what I wanted to do. I took online courses and quickly realized that I teach myself anyways, why am I paying for these courses and accumulating debt? I truly knew then that college was a big scam out for the big bucks and limited knowledge to prepare you to become a slowlaner. Honestly, you get the degree but once you get into the field; they still train you. You end up learning on your own and on the job. I kept going, I created a business that had to do with natural hair growth and dandruff control, I tested it on myself, friends and family. It worked, I was helping but I quickly got discouraged because I had no formula to business. I wanted to help others and continue creating but I was doing it alone. When I wasn't, I had an all-over the place mentor, which I was not going for.
Following that, I had tragic events occur not even a month apart from each other. I wasted so much time but I did not care about time. I started drinking, and having fun. I had a lover who would encourage and indulge in such behavior but my mind always shifted back to entrepreneurial ship. In the mist of all the nonsensical behavior, I almost lost time for good. On January 28th, 2022 I sustained a gun shot wound that entered my back and came out my right side destroying my ribs plus more. It was almost a fatal wound because I flatlined six times. I was in critical condition and in the trauma center for a month and a half. Thereafter, I was in and out of the hospital. The bullet almost hit my spine but thankfully I made a full recovery. The firearm that hit me was an assault rifle. I am a 5'5 woman weighing at 140lbs at the time taking a huge bullet to my back, amazing. I almost never had time and time is the most important factor. Even after, I still was behaving out of whack, I was traumatized, depressed and lonely. I still had my lover but eventually after months of darkness; I still needed and wanted freedom.
I started coming back to my entrepreneur mind set. I finally started watching YouTube videos on creating, methods and so forth. I came across a Chanel that mentioned "The Fastlane Millionaire" and I started to read. In less than 24 hours, my mindset shifted. This book made me realize time is precious and important. That the mindset needs to change and unlearn mediocrity. I've read the book in 4 days and going to the next. I have been training myself with my programming skills and I understand the tools I needed were always all around me, I just chose to set aside logic all of these years. I truly want to help others, what ever I can solve, my passion is to help. I thought I had to love a career path or something to become free but quickly realized solving an issue is a key.
I am truly thankful for the opportunity to grow and illuminate in this forum and through the brilliant books of MJ DeMarco. You truly are a logical, intelligent and common sense of a person that is needed in this world. The Fastlane Millionaire has shifted my mentality and I look forward to reading your other illustrations. I look forward to interacting with others and gaining more knowledge and understanding. My current passions and desires are helping others and owning Mercedes AMG GT (I am not a racer, and don't plan on it, I just desire to own that vehicle . I know simple, but I am a simple woman and enjoy it!) I will come out on top, I will build my enterprise and I will help others. Thank you, thank you and thank you!
My name is Samantha but please call me Royal. I am 27 years old and I am from Miami, FL. I am a Computer Science major. A few years ago, I started college but quickly realized the sham in it by the end of my first year. My thoughts about college were not enough to make me deter from that path because all of my mentors were either sidewalkers or slowlaners. Aside from acquiring those mentors with limited knowledge, a few years prior to that, I was a senseless young adult. I was working at a fast food restaurant paying for low income housing, on government food assistance and still not being able to pay for the cable or phone bills. I was 19 years old at the time.
Growing up as a child, we lived in a two bedroom apartment with 8 people occupying this of what we called our home. My grandparents came from Cuba to the US about 60 to 70 years ago and got married. They birthed two children, of which one was my mother and the other my uncle. In that same apartment, they were raised and so were we. They have always struggled as great parents and great grandparents. Fast forward, we were born and my mother went on to become an LPN (License Practicle Nurse). Growing up I watched her struggle and accumulate debt. As I watched her, I told myself " I will never be like that." My father was a full-time alcoholic and I also said the same things. Only I did end up becoming a sidewalker during these times. I've always had desires, passions and love. When I turned 21, I was in college but I always said and believed that I will be an entrepreneur but just didn't know how.
I originally majored in Nursing but it was not my passion so I quickly gave that up. After my two years of college I majored in Computer Science where I knew I can create. Ultimately, going to college was not what I wanted to do. I took online courses and quickly realized that I teach myself anyways, why am I paying for these courses and accumulating debt? I truly knew then that college was a big scam out for the big bucks and limited knowledge to prepare you to become a slowlaner. Honestly, you get the degree but once you get into the field; they still train you. You end up learning on your own and on the job. I kept going, I created a business that had to do with natural hair growth and dandruff control, I tested it on myself, friends and family. It worked, I was helping but I quickly got discouraged because I had no formula to business. I wanted to help others and continue creating but I was doing it alone. When I wasn't, I had an all-over the place mentor, which I was not going for.
Following that, I had tragic events occur not even a month apart from each other. I wasted so much time but I did not care about time. I started drinking, and having fun. I had a lover who would encourage and indulge in such behavior but my mind always shifted back to entrepreneurial ship. In the mist of all the nonsensical behavior, I almost lost time for good. On January 28th, 2022 I sustained a gun shot wound that entered my back and came out my right side destroying my ribs plus more. It was almost a fatal wound because I flatlined six times. I was in critical condition and in the trauma center for a month and a half. Thereafter, I was in and out of the hospital. The bullet almost hit my spine but thankfully I made a full recovery. The firearm that hit me was an assault rifle. I am a 5'5 woman weighing at 140lbs at the time taking a huge bullet to my back, amazing. I almost never had time and time is the most important factor. Even after, I still was behaving out of whack, I was traumatized, depressed and lonely. I still had my lover but eventually after months of darkness; I still needed and wanted freedom.
I started coming back to my entrepreneur mind set. I finally started watching YouTube videos on creating, methods and so forth. I came across a Chanel that mentioned "The Fastlane Millionaire" and I started to read. In less than 24 hours, my mindset shifted. This book made me realize time is precious and important. That the mindset needs to change and unlearn mediocrity. I've read the book in 4 days and going to the next. I have been training myself with my programming skills and I understand the tools I needed were always all around me, I just chose to set aside logic all of these years. I truly want to help others, what ever I can solve, my passion is to help. I thought I had to love a career path or something to become free but quickly realized solving an issue is a key.
I am truly thankful for the opportunity to grow and illuminate in this forum and through the brilliant books of MJ DeMarco. You truly are a logical, intelligent and common sense of a person that is needed in this world. The Fastlane Millionaire has shifted my mentality and I look forward to reading your other illustrations. I look forward to interacting with others and gaining more knowledge and understanding. My current passions and desires are helping others and owning Mercedes AMG GT (I am not a racer, and don't plan on it, I just desire to own that vehicle . I know simple, but I am a simple woman and enjoy it!) I will come out on top, I will build my enterprise and I will help others. Thank you, thank you and thank you!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
