The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19 year old's entreprenuerial journey starting from the bottom

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
I first read TMF 2 or 3 years ago. During this time, I have not made progress in terms of financial independence. However, I have done things like go from a skinny-fat socially awkward teenager to a person who regularly goes to the gym and who is comfortable talking to people. But I want more. I want it all, and I know that financial independence is an important piece in getting to the level of freedom, greatness, health, happiness, and success that I desire.

I'm starting this thread so that I can stay accountable. I struggle with work ethic and I hope that by sharing my progress, my level of urgency will rise. I have only been on this forum for a short time, but so far I love what I see. Thank you to MJ and to everyone for the work done here. BTW, I also read MJ's second book earlier this year.

I know that there is no secret formula. Simply put, I need to have a certain level of tenacity to succeed. I have to do what it takes and get things done. I will not stop posting here until I get to where I want to be. I will try to make daily or weekly updates on my progress.

My current situation and my past week:
- Live with parents for the summer. Finished first year of university. Returning in September.
- Was considering dropping out but met with an entrepreneur over coffee two weeks ago who convinced me it would be best to not drop out until I have a business running and making real progress. He also recommended starting the t-shirt Shopify store I will mention soon.
- Working as a dish washer, minimum wage (14 bucks an hour for 42 hours bi-weekly). Been working there for over a month. So I make 294$ a week on 21 hours.
- Had a job interview at a prestigious company (connection from parents). Got the job. Training starts in 2 weeks. I will be working 40 hours a week there as a technician help-desk person. I have no experience in tech or in a professional setting so this will be good for me. Also, the pay will be 18$/hour instead of 14$, and will rise to 22$/hour once school starts in September (they want me to work 10 hrs/week during the school year). Also, this is a job where I will be working from home on a laptop they give me, so no cost of transportation. So I will be making 720$ a week on 40 hours soon. And 220$ a week on 10 hours when the school year starts.
-
Hopefully this leaves time for actual entrepreneurial ventures. I recently got a video camera to start making youtube videos and social media content as a way to grow my brand (which is currently at zero).
- I've been going to thrift shops these last few weeks and thinking of trying to start flipping items on eBay.
- I built a store on Shopify and I'm building a website to start selling t-shirts, as the entrepreneur told me. No products sold yet. I haven't even done the advertising for it yet. This is my first time creating a website.

Plan for tomorrow:
- Wake up at 10 am.
- Hit the gym.
- Celebrate Father's Day with my family.
- Go to work from 4 pm to 10 pm.
- Go home and read some more posts on this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
I first read TMF 2 or 3 years ago. During this time, I have not made progress in terms of financial independence. However, I have done things like go from a skinny-fat socially awkward teenager to a person who regularly goes to the gym and who is comfortable talking to people. But I want more. I want it all, and I know that financial independence is an important piece in getting to the level of freedom, greatness, health, happiness, and success that I desire.

I'm starting this thread so that I can stay accountable. I struggle with work ethic and I hope that by sharing my progress, my level of urgency will rise. I have only been on this forum for a short time, but so far I love what I see. Thank you to MJ and to everyone for the work done here. BTW, I also read MJ's second book earlier this year.

I know that there is no secret formula. Simply put, I need to have a certain level of tenacity to succeed. I have to do what it takes and get things done. I will not stop posting here until I get to where I want to be. I will try to make daily or weekly updates on my progress.

My current situation and my past week:
- Live with parents for the summer. Finished first year of university. Returning in September.
- Was considering dropping out but met with an entrepreneur over coffee two weeks ago who convinced me it would be best to not drop out until I have a business running and making real progress. He also recommended starting the t-shirt Shopify store I will mention soon.
- Working as a dish washer, minimum wage (14 bucks an hour for 42 hours bi-weekly). Been working there for over a month. So I make 294$ a week on 21 hours.
- Had a job interview at a prestigious company (connection from parents). Got the job. Training starts in 2 weeks. I will be working 40 hours a week there as a technician help-desk person. I have no experience in tech or in a professional setting so this will be good for me. Also, the pay will be 18$/hour instead of 14$, and will rise to 22$/hour once school starts in September (they want me to work 10 hrs/week during the school year). Also, this is a job where I will be working from home on a laptop they give me, so no cost of transportation. So I will be making 720$ a week on 40 hours soon. And 220$ a week on 10 hours when the school year starts.
-
Hopefully this leaves time for actual entrepreneurial ventures. I recently got a video camera to start making youtube videos and social media content as a way to grow my brand (which is currently at zero).
- I've been going to thrift shops these last few weeks and thinking of trying to start flipping items on eBay.
- I built a store on Shopify and I'm building a website to start selling t-shirts, as the entrepreneur told me. No products sold yet. I haven't even done the advertising for it yet. This is my first time creating a website.

Plan for tomorrow:
- Wake up at 10 am.
- Hit the gym.
- Celebrate Father's Day with my family.
- Go to work from 4 pm to 10 pm.
- Go home and read some more posts on this forum.
Day 1 - Sunday June 16 2019

Current goal:

- Make my first Fastlane sale.

Current entrepreneurial ventures:
- None.

Current earnings through entrepreneurship:
- None.

Other earnings:
- 294$/week dishwashing in 21 hours.

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 10 am.
- Worked dishwashing from 5 pm - 10:30 pm.
- Sleeping at 1 am.

Today's rating:
- I had a lot of little things to do here and there. That took the majority of my free time. It was also Father's day, so we went to a restaurant and I spent most of the day with my family when I wasn't working. Overall not a bad start, considering my mindset is in the right place.

Goals for tomorrow:
- Narrow down what business idea to focus on.
- Make some progress on that idea.
- Hit the gym.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
No offence, but this does resemble the thread below:

Check it out, see how it ended for a guy and hopefully take some notes

Welcome to the forum, good to have you here!

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
No offense, but this does resemble this thread:

Check it out, see how it ended for a guy and hopefully take some notes

Welcome to the forum, good to have you here!
Ya I read it. That's where I got the idea. I took notes and saw how it ended for him. I'm hoping it will end in the complete opposite manner for me. I think that a daily summary of my day, regardless of how bad I messed up, will help me in staying accountable in reaching financial independence. Would you agree?
Also, thank you! Glad to meet you.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Day 1 - Sunday June 16 2019

Current goal:

- None.

- None.

Other earnings:

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 10 am.
- Worked dishwashing from 5 pm - 10:30 pm.
- Sleeping at 1 am.

Today's rating:
- I had a lot of little things to do here and there. That took the majority of my free time. It was also Father's day, so we went to a restaurant and I spent most of the day with my family when I wasn't working. Overall not a bad start, considering my mindset is in the right place.

Goals for tomorrow:
- Hit the gym.
Day 2 - Monday June 17 2019

Current goal:

- None.

- None.

Other earnings:

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 7 am.
- Went to an event I've been planning on going to for a while. There was a shooting at that event. People in my surroundings got shot. Scariest moment of my life. Luckily I'm okay and nobody died. The suspects are also in custody.
- Going to bed at 1 am.

Today's rating:
- After the event, I went back home. Maybe this near-death situation (at least it felt like it) will create a positive change in perspective. Perhaps my level of urgency will rise. This was the first time I truly experienced the survival instinct. I wanted to live so badly.
- I simply felt like relaxing when I got home, so that's what I did. Considering the circumstances I think that is okay, but I also do realize that it's been 2-3 days since I started this thread and have yet to make real progress. I need to get going!

Goals for tomorrow:
- Hit the gym.

Quote Reply

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Day 2 - Monday June 17 2019

Current goal:

- None.

- None.

Other earnings:

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 7 am.
- Went to an event I've been planning on going to for a while. There was a shooting at that event. People in my surroundings got shot. Scariest moment of my life. Luckily I'm okay and nobody died. The suspects are also in custody.
- Going to bed at 1 am.

Today's rating:
- After the event, I went back home. Maybe this near-death situation (at least it felt like it) will create a positive change in perspective. Perhaps my level of urgency will rise. This was the first time I truly experienced the survival instinct. I wanted to live so badly.
- I simply felt like relaxing when I got home, so that's what I did. Considering the circumstances I think that is okay, but I also do realize that it's been 2-3 days since I started this thread and have yet to make real progress. I need to get going!

Goals for tomorrow:
- Hit the gym.

Quote Reply
Day 3 - Tuesday June 18 2019

Current goal:

- None.

- None.

Other earnings:

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 11 am.
- I just couldn't bring myself to do anything productive. I tried learning about freelancing from reading some of Lex's posts but I didn't get far. I don't know what's wrong with me. I seem to have no motivation, no urgency, and no energy to do anything productive in reaching financial independence. I'm beating myself up over this.

Today's rating:
- Bad day. Just stayed in bed. Went outside a few times but did nothing productive. At this point, this is worse than action-faking because there isn't even any action being taken. I'm embarrassed.

Goals for tomorrow:
- Got dishwashing work from 5 pm - 10 pm.
- Will probably wake up at 10 am.
- Between 10 am and 5 pm, I'll try to have a good day. Honestly, I'm not really sure what the hell I'm doing.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I just couldn't bring myself to do anything productive. I tried learning about freelancing from reading some of Lex's posts but I didn't get far. I don't know what's wrong with me. I seem to have no motivation, no urgency, and no energy to do anything productive in reaching financial independence. I'm beating myself up over this.

The reason you arent being productive is that you don't have a goal. Right now you've got some decent job prospects, but as for your attempt at a buisness I don't think you're taking it seriously. Ask yourself a few questions
"What value is my store providing?"
"Why did I chose to start this store?"
"Why am I not putting forth any effort into growing this store?"

It seems to me like you opened this store to make some quick cash, then when you didnt see any results you stopped actively trying.
Thats exactly what I did when starting out. Maybe im right, maybe im wrong. But if Im right my advice is to take a step back. Evaluate where you currently are. And then either
Come up with a product or service you can provide.
Or take the time to learn a skill so you can create a product or provide a service.

Figure out your goal, break it down, then work towards it consistently every day.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
The reason you arent being productive is that you don't have a goal. Right now you've got some decent job prospects, but as for your attempt at a buisness I don't think you're taking it seriously. Ask yourself a few questions
"What value is my store providing?"
"Why did I chose to start this store?"
"Why am I not putting forth any effort into growing this store?"

It seems to me like you opened this store to make some quick cash, then when you didnt see any results you stopped actively trying.
Thats exactly what I did when starting out. Maybe im right, maybe im wrong. But if Im right my advice is to take a step back. Evaluate where you currently are. And then either
Come up with a product or service you can provide.
Or take the time to learn a skill so you can create a product or provide a service.

Figure out your goal, break it down, then work towards it consistently every day.
Well of course money is a big part of it. But I do understand that the goal should be to give value. If I'm being honest with myself, I do really want money. Perhaps this is clouding my thinking. My goal right now should be to learn things. However, I also want to make enough money that I can leave my job and focus on creating a business.
My goals are super vague long-term goals. As for specific short-term ones, those are difficult as of now because I still haven't figured out what product/service/business to focus on. I'm going to be trying a bunch of things and seeing what works and go from there.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I'll give you a bit of direction to help you out.

1. Read all the gold/notable threads on the forum. It'll give you a ton of value everything there is great. Suck up all that knowledge.

2. Get a push mower and go door to door offering to mow lawns for people in your neighborhood. This will get you in the mindset of immediate execution. Instead of doing that intangiable shopify store you get to interact with people directly, provide them with value, and get an immediate reward. Great experience!

3. Figure out where to go from there.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
I'll give you a bit of direction to help you out.

1. Read all the gold/notable threads on the forum. It'll give you a ton of value everything there is great. Suck up all that knowledge.

2. Get a push mower and go door to door offering to mow lawns for people in your neighborhood. This will get you in the mindset of immediate execution. Instead of doing that intangiable shopify store you get to interact with people directly, provide them with value, and get an immediate reward. Great experience!

3. Figure out where to go from there.
Alright, I'm on it! I've already been through a lot of gold/notable threads these last few days.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I respect your passion, and I'm excited to see that you're committed to make a change in your life. Just the fact that you're journaling your failures on a daily basis will serve you well in finding patterns in your thinking. People here can also give you pointers. What I believe could be contributing to your lack of productivity and the anger towards yourself is unrealistic expectations, I know I did when I was around your age.

Do you have an expectation that you need to be making X$ by a certain age and have a family by a certain time, have traveled around the world by a certain time, have learned so many languages, at the same time built beautiful relationships with people and be well known, and on, and on? Yeah, we all do it. However, if you relax some of those constraints, you might realize that it didn't matter at all what the "goal" was. It's a humbling but also liberating thought to consider that the bulk of human life exists within the hum-drum middle of the bell curve of human experience. If you consider that only "Fastlane" millionaire digital nomad entrepreneur with a babe girlfriend as the ONLY goal, you would be insulting the millions and possibly billions of other people that experience life within the distribution, not at the extremes, and still experience a lot of joy and happiness in life.

The point I'm trying to make is, you're NOT special. And that's OKAY, because you don't need to be the ultimate 19 year old venture capitalist Facebook inventor in order to achieve success and happiness. I'm not saying those are your goals, but it might help you relax a bit recognizing that even if all else fails, you still have so much going for you. You're young, you have your family, you have a bullshit job, but a job nonetheless, you get to eat, walk, enjoy your health, enjoy services offered by the city, your town, the government, you get to enjoy the weather and the earth as freely as you wish, you've got a mind and a body you can continue to craft and design again at your will. That's a pretty amazing outcome if you ask me.

Now, with that in mind, sit back and freely consider some of your values. If money were no option, what would you do with your life? Or maybe, assume you had a bunch of money, what would you do with your life? Making money just for the sake of money doesn't make you any happier by the way. I know tons of people that despite their earnings are pieces of shit human beings, people hate them, and they hate people, and they experience a miserable existence during their time here with us. Define your values as clearly as you can to understand WHY you even want to venture out and become an entrepreneur. What's your reason? Why should you make $100/day? Why do you need it? What good will it do for you or for others? What problems are you genuinely interested in? What do you personally hate and wish you could fix? What are some challenges that you personally face that you wish there were solutions to?

Answer some of those questions and you might start to gain motivation again. But don't stop there, because motivation is bullshit. Set some systems in place to avoid wasting time. Waking up at 10-11am? Are you kidding me dude? You mean to tell me you have never used your mornings before? Do you realize an entire realm of business takes place during these golden hours, and you're fast asleep or have been asleep through them all? If you're serious, put a system in place to wake up early. Read Miracle Morning to understand the value-add of waking up early. Pomodoro your time so you measure how much work you do.

Don't set "goals". They're too vague. Instead, make commitments. Small ones to start with. But things that if you commit to, you can't go back. It's not some goal anymore, this is something you're invested in now, part of who you are and what you'll become. Think about it from that perspective and see if it helps.

Cheers bro, keep fighting the good fight and grow your mind.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
I respect your passion, and I'm excited to see that you're committed to make a change in your life. Just the fact that you're journaling your failures on a daily basis will serve you well in finding patterns in your thinking. People here can also give you pointers. What I believe could be contributing to your lack of productivity and the anger towards yourself is unrealistic expectations, I know I did when I was around your age.

Do you have an expectation that you need to be making X$ by a certain age and have a family by a certain time, have traveled around the world by a certain time, have learned so many languages, at the same time built beautiful relationships with people and be well known, and on, and on? Yeah, we all do it. However, if you relax some of those constraints, you might realize that it didn't matter at all what the "goal" was. It's a humbling but also liberating thought to consider that the bulk of human life exists within the hum-drum middle of the bell curve of human experience. If you consider that only "Fastlane" millionaire digital nomad entrepreneur with a babe girlfriend as the ONLY goal, you would be insulting the millions and possibly billions of other people that experience life within the distribution, not at the extremes, and still experience a lot of joy and happiness in life.

The point I'm trying to make is, you're NOT special. And that's OKAY, because you don't need to be the ultimate 19 year old venture capitalist Facebook inventor in order to achieve success and happiness. I'm not saying those are your goals, but it might help you relax a bit recognizing that even if all else fails, you still have so much going for you. You're young, you have your family, you have a bullshit job, but a job nonetheless, you get to eat, walk, enjoy your health, enjoy services offered by the city, your town, the government, you get to enjoy the weather and the earth as freely as you wish, you've got a mind and a body you can continue to craft and design again at your will. That's a pretty amazing outcome if you ask me.

Now, with that in mind, sit back and freely consider some of your values. If money were no option, what would you do with your life? Or maybe, assume you had a bunch of money, what would you do with your life? Making money just for the sake of money doesn't make you any happier by the way. I know tons of people that despite their earnings are pieces of shit human beings, people hate them, and they hate people, and they experience a miserable existence during their time here with us. Define your values as clearly as you can to understand WHY you even want to venture out and become an entrepreneur. What's your reason? Why should you make $100/day? Why do you need it? What good will it do for you or for others? What problems are you genuinely interested in? What do you personally hate and wish you could fix? What are some challenges that you personally face that you wish there were solutions to?

Answer some of those questions and you might start to gain motivation again. But don't stop there, because motivation is bullshit. Set some systems in place to avoid wasting time. Waking up at 10-11am? Are you kidding me dude? You mean to tell me you have never used your mornings before? Do you realize an entire realm of business takes place during these golden hours, and you're fast asleep or have been asleep through them all? If you're serious, put a system in place to wake up early. Read Miracle Morning to understand the value-add of waking up early. Pomodoro your time so you measure how much work you do.

Don't set "goals". They're too vague. Instead, make commitments. Small ones to start with. But things that if you commit to, you can't go back. It's not some goal anymore, this is something you're invested in now, part of who you are and what you'll become. Think about it from that perspective and see if it helps.

Cheers bro, keep fighting the good fight and grow your mind.
Thank you for the beautiful paragraph. To add to your point, the very fact that I'm even existing is a freaking miracle, and to be in this poisition, at 19 years of age, in a great developed country with a healthy body is something to be very grateful for. I've had very high expectations for myself and this has led to a form of paralysis. I've been trying to let go of those expectations and live more so in the moment.

Also, I appreciate the point about commitment versus goals. I'm going to try to commit to some things, small things to start with. My question is, what happens when you fully commit and then break that commitment, because that happens to me sometimes and I start to really hate myself after that. My psychologist has been telling me to not be so hard on myself on the little things. I'm going to be thinking about some of the questions that you asked me in your post.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
My question is, what happens when you fully commit and then break that commitment, because that happens to me sometimes and I start to really hate myself after that.

You don't break a commitment. If you do, it means you were never really committed to begin with. If you haven't already, please go ahead and read Atomic Habits. Like right now. I would make that priority number one. If you have 100 other things you've "been meaning to study and learn", let this one be at the very top of that list. It's incredibly powerful.

Start with identity. Who are you today? You're only who you believe you are, or have adopted the identity you have today, because you have evidence of it. If you go to church every Sunday, you have evidence you're religious. If you eat junk food everyday and don't exercise, you're likely fat and out of shape. You have proof of this. It's easy to believe it. If you want to change, you can do it by becoming observant of the choices you make, and how they relate to your identity.

If you want to be a man whose word carries a lot of weight, learn to listen more to people. If you wish to become a man who is not afraid of taking bold decisions, start practicing it until you have enough evidence of it. If you want to be shredded, start working out every day. The more you do it, the more you'll believe in it as your identity.

The same thing applies. If you make a commitment to something, remember the person that does that. Would a person that's committed to fitness and their health, an athlete or an extreme sportsman, would they eat Chik-Fil-A at midnight and watch Netflix? It becomes easier to make the right choices when we're being consistent with who we are. Design the elements of your identity you wish to focus on and live life as the person that embodies that identity.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Interesting stuff. MJ talked about something similar in his latest book. I'll give your book a try thanks.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Day 4 - Wednesday June 19 2019

Current commitment:

- Have my first Fastlane "win".

- None.

- None.

Other earnings:

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 10 am. Super high energy. Got through a lot of errands first couple hours. Went for a good workout. I've been intermittent fasting these last few weeks as well.
- Spent a lot of time reading about different venture ideas. I think real estate is something very interesting. I want to go more in depth with that.
- My perspective is starting to change. I'm looking around and I see opportunities. Just the other day, I was at an event and saw some people selling t-shrits related to that event. I could totally do something similar for the big events going on at Uni next year. I'm also starting to think more in terms of giving value instead of making quick money.
- I've been talking to this entrepreneur who made it big time and who went to my university. We spoke on the phone and he talked about all the different side hustles he did when he was at my uni, stuff I had never thought about, maybe I could do some of those things next year. I set up a meeting at his office. Now he owns a big business.
- After that I had work from 5 pm - 10 pm.
- Going to bed at 1 am.

Today's rating:
- I'm trying to get in some sort of flow. I think I'm making progress but I still don't see any real concrete action on my part. I'm still just dancing around with ideas instead of committing to something and truly putting in the work in that business. I should have probably just committed to starting a service-based business at the start of summer, but now I think it's probably too late for that.

Commitments for tomorrow:
- Got work from 5 pm - 10 pm again.
- I'll go more in dept with real estate, especially considering I've got an uncle who is pretty successful in that area. I want to figure out how I can go about investing in my first property, and then make a plan to do that. Maybe I'll find out real estate isn't for me at this moment. I think my goal right now should be to produce instead of consume, to put in action, to learn, and to give value. Honestly, if I'm doing all that, I think money will come in naturally.
- Hit the gym.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Usually 2 am - 10 am.
Those are really odd hours.

I don't care about sleeping up at 2am. I still do that at times.

I wake up so early at 5am. Sometimes 7am on the weekends.

If I ever woke up at 10am. I'd feel like a worthless piece of s**t. I'd be like: "Oh my gosh! I lost so much time! I could have gotten so much done. I'm not sure if I should even take a shower. Feels like its too late for that. Whatever."

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Those are really odd hours.

I don't care about sleeping up at 2am. I still do that at times.

I wake up so early at 5am. Sometimes 7am on the weekends.

If I ever woke up at 10am. I'd feel like a worthless piece of s**t. I'd be like: "Oh my gosh! I lost so much time! I could have gotten so much done. I'm not sure if I should even take a shower. Feels like its too late for that. Whatever."
I don't function very well without 8 hours of sleep. I wish I could get by with 6 but I'm super tired if I do that. I think I need to change my sleep time to something like 12-8.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Day 5 - Thursday June 20 2019

Current commitment:

- None.

- None.

Other earnings:

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 10 am.
- Found a guy a few years older who is doing social media for 6-7 businesses. I'm setting something up with him to go under his wing and just to try to add value and to learn as much as I can from him, I don't care about the money right now. Goal should be to learn as much and then to try to replicate what he does with just one business to start with.
- Had work from 5 pm - 10 pm.
- Sleeping at 2 am.

Today's rating:
- Wasted most of my time doing stuff like watching TV. Utter waste of time. I need to be better. I need to have more precise goals/commitments and create an environment that makes it easier for me to make good progress. Discipline is the most important thing and I'm seriously lacking in this area. My work ethic is garbage.

- Learn more about real estate and buying my first property.
- Learn more about social media marketing so I can be better prepared for when I meet up with that guy.
- Hit the gym.

Quote Reply

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 12, 2019
I don't function very well without 8 hours of sleep. I wish I could get by with 6 but I'm super tired if I do that. I think I need to change my sleep time to something like 12-8.
I'm the same way with sleep. I get about 7.5 hours every night. I'll go to sleep around 10 or so. Earlier if possible. I'd recommend giving it a try. You're stilling getting the same amount of sleep, but it feels the day is so much more longer and productive.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
I'm the same way with sleep. I get about 7.5 hours every night. I'll go to sleep around 10 or so. Earlier if possible. I'd recommend giving it a try. You're stilling getting the same amount of sleep, but it feels the day is so much more longer and productive.
Ya I'm going to make going to bed a few hours earlier a priority. I've noticed I'm usually in a better mood when I do that.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
your goal right now, should be discovering a goal. it sounds weird, but you need to be thinking all the time about what will take you down the fastlane. once the idea is there, then you can take action etc.
Yea that makes sense. Thank you for the advice.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Day 6 - Friday June 21 2019

Current commitment:

- None.

- None.

Other earnings:

Summary of today:
- Woke up at 11:30 am.
- Unproductive day. Went to the gym but that's pretty much it.
- Got in contact with an old friend of mine (who used to be my boss for another job and who's like 10 years older than me). This guy is a true entrepreneur. He's tried it all and seems to be pretty damn successful from what we talked about on the phone. I'm going to look to set up a proper meeting with him and to see if he knows what is a good avenue/industry to focus on at the moment.
- Sleeping at 1 am.

Today's rating:
- Bad day in terms of work ethic. However, I have a feeling that I've got a good stretch coming up. I'm quitting my job because I got a new one. But this new job isn't starting for another few weeks. I want to take advantage of that free time to find a top priority/goal/commitment in entrepreneurship.

- Learn more about real estate and buying my first property.
- Learn more about social media marketing.

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
Went to the gym but that's pretty much it.

Hitting the gym is a BIG achievement. The reason we don't wake up early and don't work is that we are lazy. The fastest way to overcome this is by working out.
Trust me, I joined a gym yesterday, went to sleep at 3 AM and woke up at 7:30 AM today. I have been studying since then. Good Luck!

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Hitting the gym is a BIG achievement. The reason we don't wake up early and don't work is that we are lazy. The fastest way to overcome this is by working out.
Trust me, I joined a gym yesterday, went to sleep at 3 AM and woke up at 7:30 AM today. I have been studying since then. Good Luck!
Congrats. Amazing how you can be productive with so little sleep. And yes the gym is great but I have been going for a few years now so the habit is pretty much ingrained in me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.