The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023
Okay so i have been working on my venture to freelancing & dropshipping artworks as a stepping stone but i just feel like everything im doing isn't going to get me to the right road, i started getting myself involved in the AI market but i am thinking whether to skip it and go straight on to other big things ( Make money on YouTube. Build a course, build a Digital Marketing Agency ) one by one. My first layer of my purpose is currently building wealth from my art business and building a good body, but now since im working on freelancing stuff & droppshipping im just not confident if this is the right things i should be doing even in the beginning?? I was doing too much things at once and not focusing on one thing ( action faking ). Deep down i fear of losing my money, fear of not able to retire at a good age, i don't really have a job but i am looking for some part time jobs whilst i work on my Fastlane journey, but its been very difficult because lot of places want full time position now ( i know its a Slowlane ) but it can get me some income flowing in the mean time until i am successful financially and then i can quit the job. Last thing i want is not able to support my family and myself, there is lot of tutorials on YouTube but majority of them are just trying to sell you crappy stuff and just doing it for sponsorship.

I am doing other things as well in terms of self improvement - meditating every single day, building good habits, journaling, going gym to improve my mental health, appearance and learning to be more disciplined in everything and i love it so much. My Grandma has her own business in catering she is not trying to blow wealth just making quick cash so she can pay her bills, but i had an idea to market her products online? or build her a website so customers can order through there because some customers of hers are having difficult travelling to her place.

So i kindly ask for some suggestions on what to actually do? am i overthinking? shall i just go for it and figure it out later? i want to make sure i am not actually wasting time because end of the day time is money and as you know time is very valuable.

Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but now since im working on freelancing stuff & droppshipping im just not confident if this is the right things i should be doing even in the beginning??

Thank you for reading all 3 of my books and giving me a chance to influence the direction of your life.

However, I truly don't understand.

You've read 3 of my books and your conclusion from them was dropshipping? What did you think of Jeff Trotman selling t-shirts in TGRRE ? It sounds like a bunch of YT infliencers have sold you a bill of goods ... low entry, low value, high promises, and high competition.

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 1, 2022
Okay so i have been working on my venture to freelancing & dropshipping artworks as a stepping stone but i just feel like everything im doing isn't going to get me to the right road, i started getting myself involved in the AI market but i am thinking whether to skip it and go straight on to other big things ( Make money on YouTube. Build a course, build a Digital Marketing Agency ) one by one. My first layer of my purpose is currently building wealth from my art business and building a good body, but now since im working on freelancing stuff & droppshipping im just not confident if this is the right things i should be doing even in the beginning?? I was doing too much things at once and not focusing on one thing ( action faking ). Deep down i fear of losing my money, fear of not able to retire at a good age, i don't really have a job but i am looking for some part time jobs whilst i work on my Fastlane journey, but its been very difficult because lot of places want full time position now ( i know its a Slowlane ) but it can get me some income flowing in the mean time until i am successful financially and then i can quit the job. Last thing i want is not able to support my family and myself, there is lot of tutorials on YouTube but majority of them are just trying to sell you crappy stuff and just doing it for sponsorship.

I am doing other things as well in terms of self improvement - meditating every single day, building good habits, journaling, going gym to improve my mental health, appearance and learning to be more disciplined in everything and i love it so much. My Grandma has her own business in catering she is not trying to blow wealth just making quick cash so she can pay her bills, but i had an idea to market her products online? or build her a website so customers can order through there because some customers of hers are having difficult travelling to her place.

So i kindly ask for some suggestions on what to actually do? am i overthinking? shall i just go for it and figure it out later? i want to make sure i am not actually wasting time because end of the day time is money and as you know time is very valuable.

hey correct me if im wrong but it seems like you're making one simple mistake. you looked at all these young rich people on youtube and the internet like iman gadhzi, sebastian ghiorguo, hamza, biaheza, jordan welch or someone else, and you saw they all got rich by like, dropshipping or digital marketing or selling courses, and you want that too.
you have to realize that when they got rich through these paths, they hadnt told everyone to do it, and everyone was not doing it. nor was it as simple as, they got rich because they had a dropshipping store. thats what they tell you but what they dont tell you about is WHY their dropshipping store was successful, what made it different etc.
the idea of being a young millionaire seems heroic but dont get too caught up in the idea
find real world problems. find real world solutions. you dont have to be an online wizard, who knows maybe your path to riches is through a carpeting business or something like that.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Thank you for reading all 3 of my books and giving me a chance to influence the direction of your life.

You've read 3 of my books and your conclusion from them was dropshipping? What did you think of Jeff Trotman selling t-shirts in TGRRE ? It sounds like a bunch of YT infliencers have sold you a bill of goods ... low entry, low value, high promises, and high competition.

Adding to MJ's response. I recently wrote a thread to counter the YT bill of goods that's popular. It is focused on the fact that entrepreneurship is a process that with scale (from CENTS) provides the wealth. Not instantly. And not with drop shipping...

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023

You've read 3 of my books and your conclusion from them was dropshipping? What did you think of Jeff Trotman selling t-shirts in TGRRE ? It sounds like a bunch of YT infliencers have sold you a bill of goods ... low entry, low value, high promises, and hig

Yeah i made a big mistake i should of just started with freelancing or something more better first then slowly work my way up. My problem is i jump into things straight away and not think carefully.

Not really good but need to look at the notes i wrote from your books and im planning to re-read them all anyway.

Last edited:

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023
Yeah i made a big mistake i should of just started with freelancing first then slowly work my way up. My problem is i jump into things straight away and not think carefully.

Not really good but need to look at the notes i wrote from your books and im planning to re-read them all.
Adding to MJ's response. I recently wrote a thread to counter the YT bill of goods that's popular. It is focused on the fact that entrepreneurship is a process that with scale (from CENTS) provides the wealth. Not instantly. And not with drop shipping...

Will check it out thanks for this.

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023
hey correct me if im wrong but it seems like you're making one simple mistake. you looked at all these young rich people on youtube and the internet like iman gadhzi, sebastian ghiorguo, hamza, biaheza, jordan welch or someone else, and you saw they all got rich by like, dropshipping or digital marketing or selling courses, and you want that too.
you have to realize that when they got rich through these paths, they hadnt told everyone to do it, and everyone was not doing it. nor was it as simple as, they got rich because they had a dropshipping store. thats what they tell you but what they dont tell you about is WHY their dropshipping store was successful, what made it different etc.
the idea of being a young millionaire seems heroic but dont get too caught up in the idea
find real world problems. find real world solutions. you dont have to be an online wizard, who knows maybe your path to riches is through a carpeting business or something like that.
I only have been watching Iman Gadhzi & Hamza.

Hamza seems like a better person to watch and learn from. But yeah i get what you mean.

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023
@MJ DeMarco i want you to understand that your books hasn't influenced me in Dropshipping this is just something i thought i wanted to do not because it will make me millions but it was just a starting point along with Freelancing, but i don't feel like going that route except for Freelancing i do have other goals in mind that i am planning to aim and i have wrote these goals down as well.

I have wrote loads of business ideas on my phone some make no sense and just silly i will post it here and you can let me know what you think?

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
@MJ DeMarco i want you to understand that your books hasn't influenced me in Dropshipping this is just something i thought i wanted to do not because it will make me millions but it was just a starting point along with Freelancing, but i don't feel like going that route except for Freelancing i do have other goals in mind that i am planning to aim and i have wrote these goals down as well.

I have wrote loads of business ideas on my phone some make no sense and just silly i will post it here and you can let me know what you think?j
Keep learning and be persistent. I would read them again and you’ll discover new things you may have overlooked.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Bro get out of that "business model" mindset. A smma is just a kind of b2b service company. Dropshipping is just a fulfillment methode for ecom stores.

Think differently. Start a real irl business. I made 600 in the first month with my window cleaning company.

There are 2 key things you need:
  1. Start spending money to earn money. I spend 60 on equipment and 40 on flyers to get started in my business. Don't yeet your money on infoproducts. Instead spent it in a way that moves the needle to earn money.
  2. Forget all these "hustles" and "models". All they have in common is that they bastardize a real and working type of company and dumb them down so you can sell it to idiots for 997€. Start by solving a problem.

Bonus thing: I'll give you a problem: Local small businesses sometimes want to scale up but can't due to several issues. Find and solve these issues and you shall be retired by age 30.

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023
Bro get out of that "business model" mindset. A smma is just a kind of b2b service company. Dropshipping is just a fulfillment methode for ecom stores.

Think differently. Start a real irl business. I made 600 in the first month with my window cleaning company.

There are 2 key things you need:
  1. Start spending money to earn money. I spend 60 on equipment and 40 on flyers to get started in my business. Don't yeet your money on infoproducts. Instead spent it in a way that moves the needle to earn money.
  2. Forget all these "hustles" and "models". All they have in common is that they bastardize a real and working type of company and dumb them down so you can sell it to idiots for 997€. Start by solving a problem.

Bonus thing: I'll give you a problem: Local small businesses sometimes want to scale up but can't due to several issues. Find and solve these issues and you shall be retired by age 30.
I appreciate the value thanks a lot, i have been taking actionable steps from @Antifragile scaling post and @Sean Marshall Building a Digital Marketing Agency with Chat GPT both post very valuable information.

But yeah likewise solving problems for local businesses as you mentioned is something i will defiantly do. I want to learn other things as well such as learning to identify problems, selling, how to market product/services, how the economy works etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.