The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jab,Jab,Kick in the Nuts - Affiliate Website & Print on Demand

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
Hallo from Germany!

Time for a progress thread.

The goal of this thread is to post something at least every 1-2 weeks so I don't lose focus and see what i have done.
Hopefully the weekly writing reminds me that only I am responsible for my successes.

My ramp to the Fastlane Autobahn is based on 3 pillars.

T Shirt Print on Demand (30% of my time)

Yes, that doesn't make you very popular here - for many good and right reasons.
I've been active on various PoD marketplaces for a year and a half and think it's a good business. I learned a lot there and want to stay in the PoD area... But I also want to develop further, get more control and become a longterm "brand".

Long story short:

I've been setting up my own shop for a few weeks now and getting first sales.
i am using spreadshop.com (integrated in a wordpress blog. i dont use the ugly generic spreadshop out of the box) - because they have organic fair trade shirts that sell well in my niche... i would like to try out printful in the near future. but they only have one organic product. so maybe in another project.

My "niche" is relatively broad and something like "sustainability & environmental protection". the topic is in demand and getting bigger and bigger. It is broad enough to have many interesting subtopics. Almost all of my competitors are hobby websites with very strong niche references and often very ugly websites.

Execution
I will concentrate on 2-3 subtopics and have about 10-15 designs created .
Quantity over quality.

Facebook and Instagram advertising. Good landing pages. Video content.

Pretty Basic Stuff.

Value?
I certainly don't solve the world hunger - but people with a clear opinion on topics like environmental protection and co love to present their opinion - especially if the designs are also fashionable.
Our products are not T-shirts -but the feeling of being a member of a special group and being different - and of course a "good consciousness".
it would be great to build a bit of a community.. but i dont know how to do that yet... maybe start a contest about a niche related thing and funnel them to a facebook group.

Niche Website (70% of my Time)

I got a domain that fits very well to the domain of the T Shirt Shop
translated it would be something like "buygood.com"

i will create a page for topics like "Good" products. Sustainable,Valuable,Healthy,Organic... Everyday Items.

Execution
I already researched some keywords the first weeks of content

Every week publish a ~1500 words buyguide for a certain productgroup .
"organic olive oil / " "what is organic dogfood".

Additionally I want to write smaller articles about cool products from small and interesting producers. Interesting topic - And possibly good to get backlinks and reach out to interesting people and multiplicators.

Maybe i can combine thematically matching buyguides and smaller articles to eBooks and either sell them or use them as leadmagnet.

Value?
We live in complicated times. There are millions of products to buy. There are millions of pieces of information. Which products are good? Which bad? Organic? Sustainable? Plastic-free?

I'm not reinventing the wheel - but I want to help people see a little bit more clear.

I also think that many people (especially those with more money) are very interested in "special" and valuable products... The more industrial PRoducts and scandals there are, the greater will be the demand for "special" products and a directory that guides people to those.

3. Online Marketing Case Study
As a third pillar I would like to start a Blog / Youtube about online marketing.

This should not become anything extravagant but actually only accompany and present the first two projects. Maybe someone is interested in how I do it... And maybe someone can learn from me. I would do that first completely without any monetary goal and just see what happens. the online marketing ecosystem is full of snake oil sellers and fake content - so i would like to be a good example for honest content.

Game On!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Low Chi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 22, 2019
thanks for sharing. keep on posting progress!

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
Progress Thread was a big fail.

I went 100% PoD and i am still going that way... Q4 is going strong and i am very happy that i live in this century where it is possible to make a living by selling quote t shirts i dont print to people i dont know ;)

But i think i should spread out and dont have all my eggs in the pod basket... so the niche and the digital marketing stuff is still on my agenda for 2020

* Print on demand is a great starting point for anyone.

* it is saturated... yeah.. but there are tons of niches and things that arent saturated.. most people stop thinking and just go for "dogs" and the first 3 hobbys in their mind.

* you wont make big money fast... dont buy that guru talk... it is a marathon. but its a marathon where you learn a ton of new things.

* go all the way. do it do it doit. it will suck and it is boring work. if you have the money try to source it out... but i think it is a good training of you do it yourself for some time... design your own stuff. learn what sells and what dont sells.

* dont spend too much on ads... facebook ads are a perfect way to dump thousands of dollars.

* do one thing. focus. dont do pod,affiliate,and bla, and bla, and bla... you will end up doing nothing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.