The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How pizza made me take my first baby step

LucasTheGloucas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 1, 2020
France
Hi everyone, I'm Lucas.

I'm 24 years old, currently living in France and have one year of business school left until I graduate with a Master's degree in finance.

3 years ago when I was a different person, I was doing 70 hour-weeks on a computer playing video-games.

Thankfully that has changed.

The first step that initiated my turnaround was doing internet related stuff for a local pizza guy. He'd give me pizza, I'd do his social media, website, ads and copy. I didn't know it at the time but I was starting to think like an entrepreneur, not afraid to work for free, to learn constantly (i was studying Math. Typical Math nerds do not know social media marketing).

I stumbled upon FLF while researching internet marketing stuff. Then downloaded TMF book for free (Sorry MJ). Read it. My first book in...5 years?

What followed were a bunch of money-chasing, shiny-object-syndrome, action faking initiatives. I've learned from every single one. Still, despite these failed attempts, the book had put my life back on the right track. I found meaning and inspiration in entrepreneurship.

Fast-forward a bit! Late 2019 I bought TMF (Thank you MJ). I had learned a lot about business and was ready to give it a second shot, this time for real because I already knew what was in the book. I just needed to read it as a more mature guy, one that was working 70 hour weeks rather than playing 70 hour weeks. And I needed to thank MJ for already steering me in the right direction once.

Read it again.

I'm now finishing up my business degree, sponsored by a company paying my tuition fees and a salary, and I work for them as a Financial Controller around 80% of the time and go to class for the remaining 20%.
I trade stocks which has allowed me to triple my capital in about 18 months. This matters as a gateway into business acquisition, so it is a big deal for me. But before I buy businesses...

I'm building a scalable business system from scratch. I was initially going to introduce it here as an outsourcing service for web agencies based in the US & Canada, as that is what I sell right now in a sort of affiliate partnership. But I don't actually manage any of the technical teams, I only build the selling system, and communications with partner agencies.

So really what I'm building is an automated lead generation machine that fulfills CENTS. It just so happens that the first business I'm doing it for is an outsourcing agency, a (now) friend of mine that I met while doing an internship in Bangkok. Oh, might I add, that internship would never have happened had I not read TMF.

Thank you MJ, thank you Pizza, and thank you forums for letting me lurk every once in a while.

Now, I plan on providing value and helping others here improve on their own sales systems.
Very grateful for being here, look forward to giving back more than I've already taken.
Lucas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
A good backstory and some solid plans for the future. Welcome to TFLF!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for coming clean and buying the book, appreciate the honesty.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LucasTheGloucas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 1, 2020
France
Thanks for coming clean and buying the book, appreciate the honesty.
MJ, I honestly still feel a bit guilty having bought only one copy for a measly 20 bucks. I'll buy more eventually. It's just so valuable it's a hard thing to repay you for.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, take care

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...