The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web 3.0 - The new corner of the internet and how you can profit from it

Idea threads

tenacity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 16, 2021
UK
Definition and Introduction

Web 3.0
is supposed to be the new and third version of the internet, where users have the power over their money, privacy and freedom. Lot's of companies are exploring Web 3.0 and the metaverse which can be seen below. Facebook, for example has plans to buy thousands of GPUs and power the metaverse where users can communicate in VR, play, own their own land / houses and possibly even work.

Web 3.0 supports decentralization and is mainly about the blockchain, code and who own and control tomorrow's internet and the metaverse is the virtual world of interlinking communities, coins and nfts. (Think of it as a huge spider web where each string is a different community, nft project, crypto, website).
companies.png
Why should you keep an eye on it you might say. Well it is fairly new technology but its already earning people and businesses that provide value, millions / billions and starting now could be the difference between your business being one of the early birds who can get established before it becomes 'easified' for others.

Some Fastlane Ideas
  • Create wallets for different blockchains (Phantom wallet (SOL) has $1.2 Billion valuation and recently raised over $100 million in funding)
  • Create a blog, information and analytics website such as rarity.tools where people can monitor different collections
  • Create a secondary marketplace for NFTs after mint like Magic Eden, OpenSea and LooksRare. (OpenSea hit $5 Billion in sales in January 2022 and they operate very simply, 2.5% from EVERY transaction so they made around $125 Million in one month). Magic Eden has 91,754 SOL in volume last 24 hours and 5,300,902 SOL total. Magic Eden takes 2% of all transactions so that means they made $201,858 PROFIT in last 24 hours and $11,661,984 profit OVERALL (based on SOL being $110). Magic Eden joined twitter in September 2021 and from snooping, we can see that it is indeed around that time.
  • Create an nft collection, Bored Ape Yacht Club, CryptoPunks are 2 of the most popular collections along with Azuki now and creating your own collection has many benefits. You can make millions on launch day (mint day) and afterwards you can decide the artist royalties you will get from each sale which can provide a lot of money if the collection gets popular later on. You can also launch a second gen drop or accessories like BAYC did with Bored Ape Kennel Club.
  • Create discord tools (Discord is the second community behind Twitter where crypto and nft communities are and creating price monitoring tools and other tools to benefit those users is also a good opportunity)

I have experience minting, buying and selling nfts on multiple platforms and I can tell you with confidence that I have gained 2x and almost 3x my money so far but also lost 99% of an investment among others. Its an industry that is developing and is related to FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) by people being in play which is what drives secondary market sales of nfts. There's nfts that serve different value which is mainly cultural value, profile picture nfts and utility use which provide benefits such as exclusive access to events, people and re-distribution of royalty fees.

Overall, it is a new and early phase of this technology but it has a lot of potential to become the future where people can have a metaverse identity, decentralization, games where people own the assets as nfts (weapon skins, character skins) and possibly a device to feel smells, gloves that allow feelings and maybe even a full on costume in the future.

If you are interested and have any ideas, I am open to discussion and possibly collaboration. Feel free to send me a message.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
From what I understand (definitely not an expert) Web3 and the Metaverse are different things.

The metaverse being an online digital world. Web3 being the based on the blockchain (which supports crypto / nfts etc)

There are certainly some overlapping functions, like your example of owning a skin in the metaverse as an NFT, however I'd suggest that to say Web3 and the Metaverse are the same thing are incorrect.

tenacity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 16, 2021
UK
From what I understand (definitely not an expert) Web3 and the Metaverse are different things.

The metaverse being an online digital world. Web3 being the based on the blockchain (which supports crypto / nfts etc)

There are certainly some overlapping functions, like your example of owning a skin in the metaverse as an NFT, however I'd suggest that to say Web3 and the Metaverse are the same thing are incorrect.
Yes you are correct, I updated the post and will try to update it when I have more information as I am still new to this!
Thanks so much for your input!

eadeyemi.contact

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 13, 2022
Great read. I’ve done a considerable amount of research on nfts and I know the underlying technology will without a doubt will be apart of our future. Although this is a new sector, I believe there is a ton of opportunity that exist beyond just flipping nfts or dropping nfts projects like most people I’ve noticed on crypto twitter resort to. I also believe that only a couple of these projects will survive. I think as the technology evolves we will see more utility tied to real world assets which will inevitably be so much more valuable. Definitely looking to meet more people in this space because majority of my friends are unaware of nfts, the technology, etc. I am also aware that many of their habits and beliefs are very opposed to what I want to achieve with my life. A new environment would go a long way.

JeroenvGessel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 9, 2019
I would add an NFT hedge fund to the possible fastlane ideas. As you said you made a 2x or 3x on your investment and you're new to the industry. Name me some hedge funds that have 200% - 300% yield in few months.

IntegraR0064

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 26, 2013
Greater Philly
I've also been doing a lot of NFT trading over the last year. This is clearly an up and coming area. I'm also up quite a lot overall but just looking at the last month or two I haven't maintained profitability and it hasn't really been worth my time anymore. The trading itself is starting to feel like gambling, where most of the time you lose but sometimes you win big. Lots of pyramid schemes and things trading solely on hype, and market manipulation by big players. Therefore I'm also starting to think I should focus more on a business opportunity around the space, as opposed to being a customer. Will be very interesting to see how it develops.

fearo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 7, 2019
Hi,

I am looking more at the practical implementations of Web3.0. So rather than just trading NFTs or speculating on cryptocurrencies, waiting for real disruption e.g. where we have apps that support transacting business without the middleman such as buying property. Developments like this require the courts to accept blockchain as an immutable form of transactions. But it would then remove legal, agent fees & banking saving the two transacting parties significant fees & cutting out unnecessary cost. These fees have were created historically for trust purposes that the blockchain would now replace. When apps really take off then people will begin to slowly move (never 100%) from FIAT to crypto & I believe that will truly ignite crypto adoption & therefore demand in a much more sustainable way.

Is this is where Web3.0 might “cross the chasm”?

Fearo

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.