The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Walk away from the 98%

Mr Sprezzatura

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 18, 2012
Krakow, Poland
As an entrepreneur, person of high ambition and action taker you understand what it takes to make your dreams and desires come true. You know that we are in minority because almost everybody around us acts as if they had already made a lifelong subscription to mediocrity. A square person in a square hole, striving to live by some ridiculous and mostly outdated rules imposed by others. Always seeking approval and always being passive. Timidly avoiding any getting out of comfort zone or changing their beliefs. Never confronting their own fears. How pathetic for a human being, after all those years, decades and millenniums of constant development .

It's always possible to limit interactions with those people, but their wide spread mental slavery ideology is always going to make its way to you, mostly in tiny fractions. It's inevitable and it's like a cancer of society, very similar (and related) to political correctness.
In order to stay sane and true to yourself, in order to stay on track, you need a personal guidance system.
The more clear you are about what you stand for and what you will never stand for, the more you are immune to expectations and mental slavery bits and rules spread by others.

Everything within your character is related to this issue. You need to take care of it all.
You need to:

-develop and master several disciplines which are basically habits that foster our self-discipline
-be absolutely clear about who you are, what you are set out to do, what values do you respect and admire
-understand that getting any sort of valuable material or non-material things comes from deserving, not needing. You want to be as far from neediness as possible.
-be aware of mental masturbation and feel-good law of attraction bullshit that will make you feel better and keep you from making measurable progress
-master skills like time management, decision making
-master habits like delayed gratification, doing it "until"
-be self-reliant. Don't rely on anyone but yourself.
-have your B.S. meter tuned
-be aggressive and not passive
-be assertive
-ultimately, you need to take full responsibility and control of your own life. You need to run the year, run the week and run the day one second at a time.

Notice how I didn't mention confidence or self-esteem? It's because they are ​symptoms of mostly 2 first things mentioned. Take care of the roots and the symptoms will automatically disappear - I noticed that few people realize that.

I walk into a computer lab at my University and what do I see? Literally 80% of people scrolling through funny pictures, facebook news feeds, gossip sites. Yuck. When did people's lives become so meaningless? Whenever there is a deadline approaching, or an exam, they panic. Whenever there is an opportunity to act upon, they are fuzzy and indecisive.
These are the people that do TV series marathons, check facebook at every possible occasion and the only time they are working is the night before an exam or deadline. They only work for institutions and companies and never for themselves. Never work on themselves. The thing they mostly care about is their resume.

I've been employed enough times to realize that:

-those people aren't working any smarter at their jobs
-if it's a desk job, there they are, mindlessly surfing the web (I can do their week's worth of work in a single day)

They were there, in Primary School, High School and College passively waiting for a class to end, striving to reach authorities expectations and following the path of least resistance.

Now they are at their job, passively waiting for the work-time to end, striving to reach authorities expectations and following the path of least resistance.

They have very few interesting things going on, they spend vast majority of their free time on meaningless, instant gratification activities, they have no real purpose. But here they are to tell you that:

-You need to be very lucky to achieve means to your dreams, e.g. financial independence
-You are crazy if you make a moderate income yet your goal is to make it to at least 10 million (really? And their life with little or no purpose? Who is being crazy?)
-You are radical in your ways if you get up at 5:30 AM every single day and weekend or if you dump relationships that don't serve you right away and without any remorse.
-You are weird because you refuse to watch any amount of TV or listen to any amount of radio or read the mainstream news on the internet. I can tell you that I never do any of those things because I don't like my mind cluttered with useless information. I like my mind razor sharp.

Do you want to learn more about non conformity?
Do you want to embrace the advantage you have over the other 98%?
Do you want to learn from my 21 years of experience always being in 2%? Always not fitting in and how I turned that into one of my greatest assets?
Do you want to learn how to be bold and aggressive yet not rude or inconsiderate?
Do you want to know how to be firm and stand your ground, no matter what situation you find yourself in?
Do you want to learn from my 2 years of struggling with taking control over my life to finally turn my life around and never look back?
Do you want to learn how to develop your own time management system? Refined and tailored specifically to your own needs?

Do you want a blog with kick-a$$ content about the things I've mentioned above?

Please, let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
You are a man after my own heart. I have the same mentality.... it's lonely at the top - as there are not many of us around.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Awesome, just awesome !

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
great post. I'm yet struggling with time management & focused consistent action but I'm well aware of it and improving every day.

The higher we raise on the pyramid of power, the less people we see, the fresher the air :)

And yeah, I would like a blog post on this topic with ZERO bs.
Sent from Tapatalk

Conex

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 26, 2013
Brasil
Some parts in this thread is a slap in my face.

I will be extremely grateful if you keep posting more threads like this one.

Cheers from Brazil.

Last edited:

Mr Sprezzatura

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 18, 2012
Krakow, Poland
Thank you for your feedback. This rant here is just a tiny tip of iceberg of what I have to share and express.

I've been willing to start a Personal Development blog for quite a time now, but I never really committed myself to it.
Now it looks like I have a concept (I've been pondering it for the last week, but I've came up with a concept about year ago) and it's not going to be just another Personal Development blog. I know there are thousands of them (many of which are very good and valuable), I've been observing this field for the last 2 years.

I want to provide something really unique and I want to shed some new light on some of the areas of PD. I believe my perspective is unique and that others can benefit from it. There is definitely demand for information and inspiration related to ideas in my post here. But it's just a rant, whereas on my blog I will only post the best content I can create, it will be in a structured manner and preferably with some actionable tasks/call to action at the end. That content will be a combination of my experience, my creativity and imagination, hours of pondering those ideas and topics on paper and doing due diligence on the web.
And shortly enough, I'm going to get more feedback, I'm going to fail and refine my content creation. I'm going to dig even deeper in those ideas, read even more books because nothing inspires me like Personal Development in action and implementation. I'm going to become stronger, smarter and wiser and after few years, after a decade, I could definitely become one of the major players in this industry.
I'm not treating it like a fastlane business though (at least not yet). As for now, it's more about marketing myself, getting my name and my ideas out there, interacting with the world on that PD level. It's also about a lot more than that: becoming a writer, developing English language skills (it's my 2nd language and it's more preferred than my native one), reaching a whole new level of Self-Mastery, the list goes on and on.

I already have many ideas listed and brainstormed on paper, some are being 'marinated' while others are just waiting for me to turn them into valuable blog posts.
I'm going to start this blog shortly, in fact as soon as I can. But I want to have the correct Wordpress theme, all the basics and most importantly 5 carefully crafted posts ready to be submitted right away. Then I'm going to produce, produce and produce some more of those posts and I'm looking for quite a rapid growth in post numbers during following 2-3 months in order to establish a nice library of articles. Quality is not to be compromised though.

Thanks again, stay tuned and do expect extraordinary results :cool:

Last edited:

Option

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 22, 2013
Netherlands
Maybe you could do a (mini) post with actionable steps and see if people like it.
Might give you extra motivation to keep writing.

What is the reason you prefer to do it in English? More scalability?

Mr Sprezzatura

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 18, 2012
Krakow, Poland
I've abandoned the idea. During December I decided that there's little sense starting up such blog. There is more than plethora of similar blogs on the internet already. I've also seen through Personal Development blogosphere: it's basically guys writing the same stuff over and over again, copying each other and adding their own perspective. There's also a significant amount of mental-masturbation to Personal Development overall. I've already got pretty fed up with it. The other thing is that I'm a young folk and my attitudes, concepts and personal philosophy is still changing and maturing.
After I've decided that I no longer want to start any Personal Development blog, I thought that what I want to do is to become a writer, so I've started reading on freelance writing. But after a while, the idea didn't really inspire me at all. Maybe I'll revisit this idea someday. I think that while there's a great book in almost every person, it's best written at age closer to 40 and more than 20. Experience is essential.

And that's why I went to China to do 1 semester of learning Chinese at Yiwu Industrial & Commercial College. I've been there for 5 days now and it's been a blast. I'm starting to really love this place AND culture and I seriously think about coming back here after those 5 months and tie myself to China long-term (at least few years up to around 10 or more). There is TON of opportunities here and more is coming:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ive-opportunities-in-china.50345/#post-331543

Last edited by a moderator:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Hey Sprezzatura,

I really liked the opening post. It was quite on point for things I've felt lately and I really appreciated that you wrote it.
As I read down I get whats going on.
See, at first you are writing to get "impact", and you do that because you haven't yet visualised the dream, the end goal etc etc etc yet. You are swinging for the fences (a good thing).

But its not the dream or the end goal that is missing here, it is the followup.
The onlything I saw wrong with the first post was that at the end it was about "what you might do" not about who you are, why you do it, and why this resource is in existance and ready for me to get now at this simple click.

I would have clicked.

But... You are facing a larger problem, regarding consistency and delivery.
I've been around enough blogs to know that you might pump out an article or two like this a week, put up some nice pictures etc, and be able to sell some products on the side, but, I can tell you that if you wanna do that, you should stick to a formula.

Otherwise you will always peter and patter out man, and you don't wanna do that.
So instead of changing your mind a thousand times, just get back up on the horse. Force yourself to learn how to be consistent and diligent and serve customers, and all that stuff. Because business at a higher level (from what I know of it and have seen of it) is all about consistency, professionalism, and getting these things working like finely tuned machines.

Don't burn out slaving away on article after article, but don't make the mistake of thinking the answer lies in trying a million different things.
Zen dolphin said that to find oil you have to "drill deep" in one place, not "six inches deep" all over the place.
Ice cream kid says "be encouraged when things are hard", and what I feel that means here is that you keep finding things HARD and then you get discouraged and go somewhere else.

Where is the PASSION that wrote this article! What would THAT man do? Would he be content with 6 inches all over the map? Then giving up like the other 98%

A secret you might not know about the 98% is that most of them "tried", they tried, they got tired, they dug all over the map and then bitter and sore they give up too soon. (there is a graphic on this site where a guy is almost at diamonds in a mine and then turns around)
Thats exactly what YOU are doing when you say "oh man, I dunno what to do anymore, I had this great idea, but now I think it is better I work hard to become a writer and be established so I can take home some pay that way".
I call bullshit man.

Drill deep! Attack those fears! Don't be a damn hypocrite, and keep going. Its the only way we grow.
I get massive respect from those who know me, because I just do NOT give up. I drill and drill and drill, and as everything snaps, I drill and drill and drill and I patch things up.

I do that because your article here is absolutely RIGHT.

The more clear you are about what you stand for and what you will never stand for, the more you are immune to expectations

This is 110% true!!!
Don't "drop it", KEEP YOUR GUARD UP, keep in the fight!!!

You know what Ali did when he faced a guy so big that he supposedly had no chance of winning?
He rope-a-doped him.

He knew what he stood for!!!
Don't be a flash in the pan!

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
As an entrepreneur, person of high ambition and action taker you understand what it takes to make your dreams and desires come true. You know that we are in minority because almost everybody around us acts as if they had already made a lifelong subscription to mediocrity. A square person in a square hole, striving to live by some ridiculous and mostly outdated rules imposed by others. Always seeking approval and always being passive. Timidly avoiding any getting out of comfort zone or changing their beliefs. Never confronting their own fears. How pathetic for a human being, after all those years, decades and millenniums of constant development .

It's always possible to limit interactions with those people, but their wide spread mental slavery ideology is always going to make its way to you, mostly in tiny fractions. It's inevitable and it's like a cancer of society, very similar (and related) to political correctness.
In order to stay sane and true to yourself, in order to stay on track, you need a personal guidance system.
The more clear you are about what you stand for and what you will never stand for, the more you are immune to expectations and mental slavery bits and rules spread by others.

Everything within your character is related to this issue. You need to take care of it all.
You need to:

-develop and master several disciplines which are basically habits that foster our self-discipline
-be absolutely clear about who you are, what you are set out to do, what values do you respect and admire
-understand that getting any sort of valuable material or non-material things comes from deserving, not needing. You want to be as far from neediness as possible.
-be aware of mental masturbation and feel-good law of attraction bullshit that will make you feel better and keep you from making measurable progress
-master skills like time management, decision making
-master habits like delayed gratification, doing it "until"
-be self-reliant. Don't rely on anyone but yourself.
-have your B.S. meter tuned
-be aggressive and not passive
-be assertive
-ultimately, you need to take full responsibility and control of your own life. You need to run the year, run the week and run the day one second at a time.

Notice how I didn't mention confidence or self-esteem? It's because they are symptoms of mostly 2 first things mentioned. Take care of the roots and the symptoms will automatically disappear - I noticed that few people realize that.

I walk into a computer lab at my University and what do I see? Literally 80% of people scrolling through funny pictures, facebook news feeds, gossip sites. Yuck. When did people's lives become so meaningless? Whenever there is a deadline approaching, or an exam, they panic. Whenever there is an opportunity to act upon, they are fuzzy and indecisive.
These are the people that do TV series marathons, check facebook at every possible occasion and the only time they are working is the night before an exam or deadline. They only work for institutions and companies and never for themselves. Never work on themselves. The thing they mostly care about is their resume.

I've been employed enough times to realize that:

-those people aren't working any smarter at their jobs
-if it's a desk job, there they are, mindlessly surfing the web (I can do their week's worth of work in a single day)

They were there, in Primary School, High School and College passively waiting for a class to end, striving to reach authorities expectations and following the path of least resistance.

Now they are at their job, passively waiting for the work-time to end, striving to reach authorities expectations and following the path of least resistance.

They have very few interesting things going on, they spend vast majority of their free time on meaningless, instant gratification activities, they have no real purpose. But here they are to tell you that:

-You need to be very lucky to achieve means to your dreams, e.g. financial independence
-You are crazy if you make a moderate income yet your goal is to make it to at least 10 million (really? And their life with little or no purpose? Who is being crazy?)
-You are radical in your ways if you get up at 5:30 AM every single day and weekend or if you dump relationships that don't serve you right away and without any remorse.
-You are weird because you refuse to watch any amount of TV or listen to any amount of radio or read the mainstream news on the internet. I can tell you that I never do any of those things because I don't like my mind cluttered with useless information. I like my mind razor sharp.

Do you want to learn more about non conformity?
Do you want to embrace the advantage you have over the other 98%?
Do you want to learn from my 21 years of experience always being in 2%? Always not fitting in and how I turned that into one of my greatest assets?
Do you want to learn how to be bold and aggressive yet not rude or inconsiderate?
Do you want to know how to be firm and stand your ground, no matter what situation you find yourself in?
Do you want to learn from my 2 years of struggling with taking control over my life to finally turn my life around and never look back?
Do you want to learn how to develop your own time management system? Refined and tailored specifically to your own needs?

Do you want a blog with kick-a$$ content about the things I've mentioned above?

Please, let me know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.