The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to make some gigs in saturated marketplace ( wordpress )

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Hi,

few months ago I decided to stop looking for "perfect idea" as many people here as saying that more important is execution.
So I did wordpress plugin which have some competition ( 4 other already there ), people are using it, I saw that typical minus for them is this old UI, and missing some features that I could do, or improve some stuff. Ive created plugin, did readme explaining mostly benefits for the users, few youtube videos explaining how it works etc.
I saw some downloads everyday, nothing special. Sometimes 10-15 sometimes 3-5 per downloads per day.
As wordpress repository does not show it, I dont have any info how many people at least view the plugin page, so I dont have numbers about conversion rate from view plugin page to download it.
It forced me to buy 2 courses on udemy about marketing and copywriting :) So its a plus, I had one book about copywriting but did not read it, now at least I have motiviation.
I see how it is important.

Improved copy and videos, not see any special download increase, maybe this traffic is not so good there and I should run a page.
As I was not sure if I should now spend time, because well make webpage with traffic is not just click and drop thing I did some research on bigger marketplace selling plugins / templates etc.
There I saw that since lasy year there are not any plugins making money.. but wordpress templates yes. A lot of new templates generating gigs.
Now AAAH I have those blocks in my head, what idea to choose etc. does it makes sense etc. such dummy thoughts, questions which are blocking me to work.

I wanted to ask you guys, because many of you here work in saturated markets, internet says upwork is super saturated but well here people generate gigs there, amazon also but here people generate gigs there etc.
What do you think about this situation ? Similar is app market.

If market is saturated -
how we should do market research before working on a product ?
how should we market it later ?
and final does it make sense or maybe better is to look for something else ?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi,

few months ago I decided to stop looking for "perfect idea" as many people here as saying that more important is execution.
So I did wordpress plugin which have some competition ( 4 other already there ), people are using it, I saw that typical minus for them is this old UI, and missing some features that I could do, or improve some stuff. Ive created plugin, did readme explaining mostly benefits for the users, few youtube videos explaining how it works etc.
I saw some downloads everyday, nothing special. Sometimes 10-15 sometimes 3-5 per downloads per day.
As wordpress repository does not show it, I dont have any info how many people at least view the plugin page, so I dont have numbers about conversion rate from view plugin page to download it.
It forced me to buy 2 courses on udemy about marketing and copywriting :) So its a plus, I had one book about copywriting but did not read it, now at least I have motiviation.
I see how it is important.

Improved copy and videos, not see any special download increase, maybe this traffic is not so good there and I should run a page.
As I was not sure if I should now spend time, because well make webpage with traffic is not just click and drop thing I did some research on bigger marketplace selling plugins / templates etc.
There I saw that since lasy year there are not any plugins making money.. but wordpress templates yes. A lot of new templates generating gigs.
Now AAAH I have those blocks in my head, what idea to choose etc. does it makes sense etc. such dummy thoughts, questions which are blocking me to work.

I wanted to ask you guys, because many of you here work in saturated markets, internet says upwork is super saturated but well here people generate gigs there, amazon also but here people generate gigs there etc.
What do you think about this situation ? Similar is app market.

If market is saturated -
how we should do market research before working on a product ?
how should we market it later ?
and final does it make sense or maybe better is to look for something else ?

Thanks
Who cares if the supply side is saturated?

We need to get in front of people who want what we’re selling, and to be able to make sales.

If no-one wants what you’re selling then that’s a problem to be overcome.

If people want what you’re selling but you can’t get n front of them then that’s a problem to be overcome.

And if you can get in front of them and they won’t buy them that’s a problem to be overcome.

Solve one problem at a time.

Just because there’s lots of people selling Wordpress plugins or themes doesn’t mean there aren’t massive opportunities to sell things people want.

EDIT: Maybe read or listen to Rob Walling’s “Start Small, Stay Small”.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Who cares if the supply side is saturated?
We need to get in front of people who want what we’re selling, and to be able to make sales.

Hmm indeed, market can be saturated with plugins that no one need, or templates were each one is slightly different. I was even thinking to take some group ( ie: shoe ecommerce ), what problems that have, can I resolve them, maybe some designs can fit better they business, I think I should go this direction maybe, not look for opportunities niche based on what is in the market but go into "client head", I am shoe business owner I want to sell what I need, what design I want.

If no-one wants what you’re selling then that’s a problem to be overcome.

If people want what you’re selling but you can’t get n front of them then that’s a problem to be overcome.

And if you can get in front of them and they won’t buy them that’s a problem to be overcome.

Solve one problem at a time.

Just because there’s lots of people selling Wordpress plugins or themes doesn’t mean there aren’t massive opportunities to sell things people want.

EDIT: Maybe read or listen to Rob Walling’s “Start Small, Stay Small”.

Thanks I will read this book.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
I am in second chapter and heh, now I understand how it can be possible.
Before during "market research" I had those blocking feelings but only because I was looking at some plugins/templates being done by some companies, of course company is few devs, marketing team etc.
I have no chance doing product vs them BUT they look and need to survive look for higher markets.
Niche is not for them, which is good place for 1 person teams.

Definitely I will finish this book and apply whats there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.