The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've been on the "Fastlane" without even realising that my mentality was slow lane

harshitaMB2038

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 22, 2024
hey! I am a 21 year old student and I'm super passionate to get onto this journey towards freedom. I've been taking notes throughout the book and ngl I have taken lots of arrows to my heart through MJ's straightforwardness but he's right. I've never been hit with such a realization before. I was traveling this road towards freedom without knowing anything for like 7 months. This book cleared all my doubts and false beliefs. It's like having a new set of eyes now lmao. I've already started changing my oil.

I was hit with realization of the slow lane not long after I turned 20 back in 2023 but I was so lost and didn't know how to get out so I thought of starting my first business lol. It failed. I knew what I was doing wrong. I was not marketing enough but as a student I didn't even have money to market it properly plus I was building a brand and had no idea there was heck loads of process involved to register as a company and that too required money. I also had selfish motives and wanted to invest lowest capital possible for maximum returns with this scarcity mindset of mine.

I thought I'll re-start my business of selling hand-made jewellery again once I have enough capital so I got into freelancing. I received low-paying clients, I was good at what I offered but I knew this wasn't the way. I just did it anyway and thought maybe I'll "magically" one day receive a high paying client. I thought really stupidly back then and was really jumpy at what I do. I leaned more towards what "I love to do" and I didn't focus on one thing at a time. I was polygamous! And the result? I ended up being good at nothing. MJ was right.

After reading his book, I figured what I did wrong and why I was failing and how flawed my mentality was. It's like my godfather gave me a tiny lantern to see on this dark and lonely road I was on. I'm surrounded by side walkers and slow laners in my environment (family and friends and even neighbours) so I never had good mentors or guidance but I knew that I wanted something different. I worked jobs too and couldn't even stay in them for more than 2 weeks. I've been working on myself both mentally and financially non-stop since 6-7 months either improving my skills or doing freelance or starting weird businesses that I can start for free (RIP Commandment of entry).

I was on the Fastlane with the mentality of a Slow laner. I knew that I was surrounded by the wrong people and had my brain wires were all messed up and tangled so I disconnected from every one of them. Broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years who had a slowlaner/sidewalker mentality, became nocturnal so I don't have to get affected my the opinions of my parents who kept forcing me to get a job and settle for less. I felt lonely and misguided and what not so I found books to read so I could get some help and mentorship through books. While reading this book, it felt like I was having a conversation with MJ who acted like a rich uncle who is probably banned from family gatherings cuz of his influence on the younger people in the family to rebel. He cleared all my doubts, made me realize my opportunities, forget my past regrets, cleared my crowded mind, and turned my head towards the direction I never even thought of looking in. I will forever be grateful to MJ DeMarco for giving me clarity and helping me realize my passion and restore my faith.

I am definitely enjoying the journey and I know what to do now. Thank you for having me on the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...