The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Just Made 10k Without Even Realising! - The Path To The Fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
The other day I checked one of my accounts and found almost £10,000 that I had no idea was there, it had been sitting there for almost 2 weeks. That was when my suspicions were confirmed, I am truly in the fastlane, and things can only get better.

OK, before I go any further; let me explain that this is not a bragging post. So before you explain to me that there are guys on here making 10k before breakfast, (I'm well aware of that), just listen to what I have to say. Because this isn't about the money, but rather the mindset.

Briefly let me explain how I made this money without noticing. After reading The Millionaire Fastlane (TMF ) last year, I realised that the activities I had been involved in, which I was sure were going to make me my millions, simply weren't. I also learned that whilst my mindset had improved on what it was in previous years, it still wasn't right, and TMF helped me put it right.

So one of the first things I did while reading the book, was to set up a separate account, which would hold all of my (minuscule) affiliate commissions, and be responsible for paying recurring bills. I decided that I would use it to hold any potential investment money and so would transfer cash into it at any possible opportunity.

I checked it the other day, because I made a slight error in calculating when some incoming monies would clear in my main account, and wanted to make a small transfer. I expected to see between £800 and £1100 in there, depending on direct debits. I was pretty shocked when I heard a figure of over £10,600.

I suspected that it was from a particular affiliate stream, and sure enough when I checked later, it was indeed from there. I had made £9890 in December and it had been paid to me about 11 days previously on the 20th of Jan.

So my point is, that in TMF, MJ makes a point that to live like a millionaire, one doesn't have to actually be one. He stresses that it is an issue of mindset; and that once that is right, the rest will follow. The point of sidewalk millionaires is raised; people who are making lots of money, but have the wrong mindset, these people often end up broke, even though they have made phenomenal amounts of money.

That message hit home hard, because I knew that I had drifted through life with the wrong mindset, and that I often confused having enough money to buy something as the same as being able to afford it. Let tell you, I changed that pretty pronto, I stopped needless spending, and concentrated on eradicating all my personal debt, whilst not accruing anymore.

So now I am in a situation whereby my February cash target for purchasing stock and marketing purposes, has been reached, and I have some spare cash to pay some outstanding tax bills. The income I have coming in over the next few weeks, will now instead go to personal savings and contingency, and life goes on.

Obviously none of you know me personally, however please take my word when I say that, this scenario would NEVER have happened before I read TMF. I would definitely have noticed that amount of money, and I would have frittered it away in a very short time, left wondering how it happened.

Ironically, a friend of mine told me a story the very next day which illustrated the slowlane from whence I have come, and where he still abides.

His girlfriend's brother in law gave them some brand new 4' high JBL speakers that he didn't have the room for and had hardly been used. They were as new and worth £700 each. Upon getting them home, he realised that they required powering.

So he bought a £500 amp to power them, meaning a gift cost him £500!

I told him that I would have sold them so quickly it would have made my head spin, let alone his; he could have got £500 each for them, meaning that he was actually £1500 down, and he had a pair of speakers that he neither wanted nor needed.

He gave me some typical slowlane responses about 'investing' in audio quality, so I stifled my incredulity and just smiled and agreed that they were great and that he'd definitely enjoy them.

So the moral of the story, for all you who have just started your journey from the slowlane, or even the sidewalk to the fastlane, is it's not about how much money you have or are making, but rather the mindset you are creating for yourself.

You are the third little pig, who will build that house out of bricks, whether you have anything to put in it or not.

Stay strong.

Keep going.

Change that mindset and join the fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arrived2015

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 30, 2014
England
my suspicions were confirmed, I am truly in the fastlane ...
LOL

Amazing how that realisation kinda sneaks up on you and you're not aware until something specific occurs then the lightbulb goes on that you have indeed shifted lanes!

Roli said:
Ironically, a friend of mine told me a story the very next day which illustrated the slowlane from whence I have come, and where he still abides.
Was another realisation for me too with my switch, when a friend and I was chatting and she mentioned the 'high' price of an item in the convo. I didnt flinch or comment on the price (as woulda done previously) and she looked at me wide eyed and repeated the price because she was sure that I didnt hear.
I heard alright just no longer in that slowlane mindset anymore;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.