The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing myself, a new member

KenDM405

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 8, 2019
Belgium
Hi everyone, hi @MJ DeMarco

I'm Ken, I'm 32 and I'm from Belgium.

I'm about 75% into TMF and I have already started to notice a significant change in my behaviour and mind. The amount of motivation this book gives me is unprecedented!

As a novice entrepreneur reading books about getting rich and retire young is not new to me. I've been reading books like this (Double Dads, Automatic Millionaire, Richest Man of Babylon, Think and Grow Rich, The TenX rule, The Millionaire Nextdoor, but also books on Forex-trading, stock exchange, real-estate,..) continuously for the last 4 years. They did get me somewhere and I have learned a lot from them.

Though I am still in the Slowlane so far my "situation" is this:

Two years ago I bought a house (as an investment, but I live in it as well to cut expenses) at 20k under the market value that I'm adding value to (new bathroom, modernisations etc.) and that I will be selling next year (estimates by market professionals say it will deliver approximately 50k in net profit). Profits will be reinvested in a bigger real estate project for bigger profits and so on.. To pay a part of this house I had sold my shares in an event- and artist-agency that I created and ran for 2 years (it wasn't profitable enough to make a living, plus I lacked some key knowledge). But I kept reading and educating myself. So it's going according to plan, but well, not fast enough now that I've been reading TMF . It's a process. I know.

Since last Winter I also created a digital marketing agency which is doing good. The costs to run it are really low and return on (time) investment is pretty good. I educated myself on marketing, got some certifications, educated myself on Photoshop etc. Customer satisfaction is really high.
I still have my doubts though if I want to go through with this and make it grow because I have the feeling I still need some important cornerstones in my wealth education. But hey, maybe I just need to take the leap.

On top of that, I have a fulltime job in a steel factory for 5 years now. The pay is good and I work shifts (mornings, afternoons, nights) which gives me time work on the side-business and the house. Plus I do a lot of reading/studying and working for my own business there (making the best of my time that I sell to that job :) ) But one of the goals is to let the job go by the end of 2020 and never be on that side of the table again.

All of what I've been doing the last 5 years I'm doing because I want to escape the rat race and have that freedom of time, time for the 3 F's. All of what I'm earning gets reinvested to serve the bigger purpose: retire at 40 max. No trips in summer, no restaurants, no fancy clothes, no new cars, worn down shoes, for the last 5 years. Just because it doesn't feel right and because I can't see how those things would help me get closer to my goals. Same goes for a girlfriend. I can't see the benefits at the moment so I haven't had one for 2 years on purpose. I have other priorities.

I've always had the same look on life and working jobs etc. like how MJ explains in TMF. It's so recognisable. Having worked countless shitty jobs with even more shitty paychecks. The feeling of being a consumer while wanting to be a producer. Not seeing commercials but marketers and producers trying to sell stuff. Failing to see how a college degree is a ticket to freedom and wealth. When I see a rich guy I immediately ask for tips and tricks and how he did it. Feeling super jealous when I see a Ferrari drive by because I want to be in that guy's shoes. I'm ALWAYS looking at ALL the stuff around me in a product-created-by-millionaire way and every time someone talks about a problem I try to find the money-making-solution for it. TV shows, being a sportsfan, I don't care about it because they eat my time away. In my spare time I work out so my body is in top condition to perform at it's best when shifting to the Fastlane.

This has been so for many years already. That's how I just feel that I am destined to join that Fastlane club. I have to get in. No matter what. (I'm slowly but surely starting to feel depressed and burnt-out since a few months and something needs to change because this eat-sleep-work a job-repeat thing isn't going to work for me that much longer. The fire inside of me is dying and my fire was destined for greatness. At least, that's how it feels to me ever since I can remember...)

I feel TMF has shaken that essential bit of special motivation in me. It's like it's THE book I needed to read. Everything falls into place now and finally I don't feel like a pariah anymore! It's like I've been an alien on this planet for so long without having found any other specimens of my species but now I've discovered there are others of my kind on this planet and I'm not alone anymore. Feels really good. TMF makes the pieces of the puzzle all come together for me.

Thanks for reading. Now let's do this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chip01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
Hello and welcome!

Reading this I felt like I relate to a lot of what you said.

Wish you all the best on your journey

KenDM405

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 8, 2019
Belgium
Hello and welcome!

Reading this I felt like I relate to a lot of what you said.

Wish you all the best on your journey
Feels good to know someone out there is dealing with similar stuff! Thanks for reading and I wish you the best of luck as well!

Chip01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
Feels good to know someone out there is dealing with similar stuff! Thanks for reading and I wish you the best of luck as well!

It's a very strange feeling when your mindset shifts to the one mentioned in TMF and Unscripted . You suddenly look at everybody in a different light, like they don't even know half of what they could. Everything and everyone you look at suddenly changes!

KenDM405

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 8, 2019
Belgium
It's a very strange feeling when your mindset shifts to the one mentioned in TMF and Unscripted . You suddenly look at everybody in a different light, like they don't even know half of what they could. Everything and everyone you look at suddenly changes!

Exactly!! I also get like a sense of “enlightenment” and a constant flow of energy between myself and everyone and everything around me. It’s really empowering.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro my friend, appreciate it. Welcome aboard.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK
It's like it's THE book I needed to read.

That's why it's a best seller. MJ has been very good at writing it !

For your first venture, I always recommend to start with email marketing. Check my threads to understand why. Good luck for your journey!

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Well done! I think you were ready to move to the Fastlane and the book came at the right time. Welcome aboard!

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
Welcome to the forum, @KenDM405 !
No trips in summer,
You don't have to spend a lot of money to travel. I'd travel, personally, because I love it. If you love it, then don't save it all for later, because there are lots of ways to make travel inexpensive. People can do some things when they are young that they just can't physically do when they're older.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...