The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Heading towards mediocrity, destined to change my path.

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
Hi,

My name is Branko, I am 25. I am currently living in the Netherlands. I moved here with my girlfriend because she is studying for her masters degree.
Back where I am from I finished my mechanical engineering degree. Currently I work here in the Netherlands in a small/medium sized company of around 25 people, where I make technical drawings everyday. I am a skilled technical engineer and I have a solid salary. The workplace is okay, sometimes its intense, and somethimes its monotone and boring... I love the fact that I am not being micromanaged. I came in with enthusiasm (*I really needed the job) and i've demonstrated by performance and productivity, which means they trust me and leave me alone to do my work.

So I don't really have much to complain about.

But!...

I am not happy. I may be content, and comfortable, but I am not mistaking these feelings for happiness. This my second job. Before that I worked in a similar company back home for 1 year.
The previous company was even more comfortable. The work was less intense, and I was able to do a lot of creative design work as well. So basically I was doing what I kinda liked. But even then, I wasn't happy.

I knew something was wrong. I knew there was a deep underlying truth I needed to expose and understand. I knew that the resistance I felt inside my heart and soul wasn't laziness. I don't like having to be at the company for x in the morning till x in the afternoon. I don't like working for somebody else, being at their mercy and having to follow their every decision. I don't like being around all the coworkers, pretending everything is normal and natural and putting on a social mask. I don't like being embarassed about taking vacation days, because of peer pressure, because everyone works so hard. I don't like it that I feel shamed or judged if I want to leave on time or even half an hour before. I don't like lunch time and eating with people, i'd rather do my work and leave sooner, etc, etc, etc. I could probably name 300 things I don't like about being an employee.

I am currently listening to the fastlane audiobook on my daily comute to work. It's contents are so inspiring and eye opening and transformative. All my feelings validated and confirmed, explained in clear writing. Explained better that I could explain them to myself. I felt understood for the first time, in a meaningful way. I love that I found this forum, I love that I have a chance to join a space a communitly where its okay to talk about the truth. Where it's okay to say that you don't like the current standard way of life.

Fear...
Dear fear. I hate fear and I hate that I am afraid. I am afraid of hurting my parents, I am afraid of hurting my girlfriend and I am afraid of judgment of society. I'll admit it. I am afraid of being considered irresposible. I am afraid of being a failure. So much self doubt and insecurity, all stemming from the lack of awareness and knowledge. Hopefully this forum can help me arm myself with the confidence I need to feel like I can make something happen!

I need to change my life. Its going to be painful I know. But I would rather take a big pain fast and then grow and take the fast lane, then to be poisoned over the course of my whole lifetime by being forced to slave away until retirement and missing out on the full potential of life along the way.

I feel like I have to do this, even at the cost of dissapointing everyone around me, for I canno't unsee, unread and unhear what I've learned, or what I am going to learn yet. A glimpse of the truth was enough of a catalyst to induce a life changing fire within me.

Funnily enough, I started programming and learning web development a couple months before reading the fastlane. So I guess I at least have some kind of a sense for business, and for what has lifechanging potencial. I've beenwaking up at 5 am everyday for the past 2 months, learning web dev, learning code, practicing, working on personal projects, watching youtube videos about programming, technology and business. A lot of videos about freelancing. And a lot of channels that are based on MJs books. I enjoy learning from Joshua Fluke, from Brad Traversy, from Fox Web school, and other amazing content creators.

I am very inspired to make a change and to make a difference. First to make a personal change and to help myself out of the race. And then to help others to come join us all on the other side, where actual life is.

One day I want to be able to proudly say: "I am the owner of my time."

I know I will make it somehow.

Thank you for reading my ramble. It was freestyle of the top of my head. It came from inspiration.
I hope I will be welcommed into this forum, and I hope we will have a great time while pursuing our goals and passions. I wish I can make some friends and build some relationships, becasue im pretty lonely right now. It's not like you can talk about all this stuff with your loved ones, or your friends without risking a lot of arguments and negative feelings. I feel like I want to make some progress first and learn a lot more, before I am able to pass of what I know and believe to others.

Thank you again,
Branko

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Dear fear. I hate fear and I hate that I am afraid. I am afraid of hurting my parents, I am afraid of hurting my girlfriend and I am afraid of judgment of society. I'll admit it. I am afraid of being considered irresponsible. I am afraid of being a failure.

Have a word with the person running the company that you work for. Even as a small company he will be pulling in revenues exceeding a couple of million a year to cover expenditures - hopefully.

Bet he doesn't have your fears and I also bet you don't think he is anything other than 'normal'

At least you understand the path is your to change. Especially in the Netherlands.

Good luck.

Dan

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
Have a word with the person running the company that you work for. Even as a small company he will be pulling in revenues exceeding a couple of million a year to cover expenditures - hopefully.

Bet he doesn't have your fears and I also bet you don't think he is anything other than 'normal'

At least you understand the path is your to change. Especially in the Netherlands.

Good luck.

Dan
Thank you for the kind words Dan. I am ready to take new steps. I have more then enough time everyday, to work on my mindset. Hopefully reading about the conquests of others here on the forum will inspire me to now just walk, but run on my path to personal success.

Glargster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 24, 2021
Brazil
Thank you for reading my ramble. It was freestyle of the top of my head. It came from inspiration.
I hope I will be welcommed into this forum, and I hope we will have a great time while pursuing our goals and passions. I wish I can make some friends and build some relationships, becasue im pretty lonely right now. It's not like you can talk about all this stuff with your loved ones, or your friends without risking a lot of arguments and negative feelings. I feel like I want to make some progress first and learn a lot more, before I am able to pass of what I know and believe to others.

Thank you again,
Branko

Thank you, Branko, for telling your story!

I'm also new to the forum, having just finished TMF . I hope to hear more from you as you progress through the challenges of finding your own path!

See you around,

Glargster.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...